These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Share your experiences with Fozziesov!

First post First post
Author
Seven Koskanaiken
Fancypants Inc
Pandemic Horde
#961 - 2015-08-22 18:30:37 UTC
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
And since there was so many complaining about the amount of space players owned, but not used, it made sense they would make the new Sov some form of occupancy based, which they did.

And that is all they really did. If you actually live in the space you claim, it is not hard to maintain it.

"Occupancy" was codeword for "let me kill a couple of belt rats and double the EHP on my ihub".

If anyone thought CCP would take the meaning of "occupancy" literally they would have kept their rmouth shut about it.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#962 - 2015-08-22 21:50:04 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
And since there was so many complaining about the amount of space players owned, but not used, it made sense they would make the new Sov some form of occupancy based, which they did.

And that is all they really did. If you actually live in the space you claim, it is not hard to maintain it.

"Occupancy" was codeword for "let me kill a couple of belt rats and double the EHP on my ihub".

If anyone thought CCP would take the meaning of "occupancy" literally they would have kept their rmouth shut about it.

It's not so much that.
My only problem with the current occupancy model, is that it only takes a few minor factors into account. Time held, rats killed, rocks mined. That's it. They really need to roll PI, jobs in build, and perhaps reactions (I'm a little more leery of this one) into the industry index. The military index could be tweaked to include completion of scanned sites as well.
The issue is that under this current iteration, "occupancy" means, "rats and mines here", and nothing else.
Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#963 - 2015-08-22 22:26:56 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
Kieron VonDeux wrote:

It's not so much that.
My only problem with the current occupancy model, is that it only takes a few minor factors into account. Time held, rats killed, rocks mined. That's it. They really need to roll PI, jobs in build, and perhaps reactions (I'm a little more leery of this one) into the industry index. The military index could be tweaked to include completion of scanned sites as well.
The issue is that under this current iteration, "occupancy" means, "rats and mines here", and nothing else.

Yes, it is all a little half arsed but meh. If you look at it that way, you could come up with an endless list of things that needs looking at.
Kieron VonDeux
#964 - 2015-08-23 04:51:00 UTC
I do believe they plan on expanding what applies to occupancy significantly in the future(Soon).
Yes, I know.

But I can't remember where I read that. I think it was a reply in one of the earlier Sov feedback threads.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#965 - 2015-08-23 09:27:23 UTC
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
I do believe they plan on expanding what applies to occupancy significantly in the future(Soon).
Yes, I know.

But I can't remember where I read that. I think it was a reply in one of the earlier Sov feedback threads.

This sort of assurance is reminiscent of my experiences with Fozziesov!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#966 - 2015-08-23 09:49:37 UTC
We like fozziesov. Provided us with a decent amount of content so far, so as a small-med gang warfare alliance we have been smashing it.

Also... indexes are hard to grind? Lol get out indexes are a piece of **** to grind.
Darus Thorn
Gemini Talon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#967 - 2015-08-23 22:31:05 UTC
Really, really boring!

Would much rather shoot a structure.

Will not be fitting a link to any ship now or in the future and will not be participating in this ridiculous sov system.

Hope they change it back soon.

Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#968 - 2015-10-16 10:29:54 UTC
Hey guys.
I'm trying to buy Recon amd HAC skillbooks.
They are like 35mill each.
Can someone help me out please and bum be a small bit of isk to help afford these skillboaks so I can start their long trains to 5?
Thank you very much
Rod Blaine
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#969 - 2015-10-16 18:07:44 UTC
Haha, sov. I remember having sov, Delve, Fountain, Querious. ******* boring. Never will improve, since stationary life sucks. Hence: quit trying to make sov the endgame and aim for an endgame that has depth over mass. Quality over quantity, and in more than just skill training or bling fits: aim for a balance that favours the smart and intelligent over the just organised and dedicated