These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War Dec System Needs To Change.

Author
Juan Mileghere
The Corporate Raiders
#61 - 2015-07-30 16:47:09 UTC
I've three things to say,
Too many solutions with people who think their Idea is perfect and too little agreement on what needs done and fixed and then we have a nice recipe, 1 flamewar

Someone ought to set folks down in a room, yes an actual room where you see people and figure this out, at least then either this would get solved or we could bring in Jerry Springer and well... you know...

Look, Decs are a high-sec issue for a reason, and I have some feeling that has to do more with the high population density of high-sec more than anything else, fix that and lets see how it goes from there, then again the thing with low, null and WH is that people do not want to interact with the community, they want to play a game and they act like it's a single player game, get people to interact and you will get more content, or at least more better content.
Iam The Flash
Doomheim
#62 - 2015-07-30 17:06:06 UTC
The population of high sec is high because it's a newbie friendly zone, not safe, but newbie friendly

There is also a MASSIVE griefer presence in high sec

Marmite
Persuit Of Happiness
Break-A-Wish
Bad Neighbours
Zero Compliance
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Aborted F

There is literally thousands of griefers in high sec whose sole intention is to kill as many new players as possible to get killboard results.

Now with high sec as it is, null sec dead EXCEPT for high desnity station systems and lets face it, low sec is dead as hell except for a few FW systems.

No, this war dec mechanic needs to stop.
Juan Mileghere
The Corporate Raiders
#63 - 2015-07-30 17:12:16 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:
The population of high sec is high because it's a newbie friendly zone, not safe, but newbie friendly

Marmite
Persuit Of Happiness
Break-A-Wish
Bad Neighbours
Zero Compliance
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Aborted F

There is literally thousands of griefers in high sec whose sole intention is to kill as many new players as possible to get killboard results.

Now with high sec as it is, null sec dead EXCEPT for high desnity station systems and lets face it, low sec is dead as hell except for a few FW systems.

So it's just new guys and griefers?
I call BS big time
High-sec Missioners, Incursioners, Traders, Miners, Industrialists
Look, gankers and deccers are in HS for those people or for 0.0/Low-sec people who don't use alts for logistics
Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#64 - 2015-07-30 21:11:04 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:
Hello

Now before you all go off at me for being a "noob" and "getting ganked" - I have never been ganked in a barge, i have not been killed in empire except when fighting war targets. I am posting this for the benefit of bringing new players into EvE.

What's wrong with multiple war decs?

In short, a lot, but, this has a direct effect on Null Sec & Low Sec, to claim it doesn't is the height of stupidity, why go to null to find fights when u can join a high sec griefer alliance that has thousands of war decs and targets in every system, half of which can't fight back? Easy kills, easy money, let's do it! No. This needs to change.

Lol you think it effects Null Sec, You're An Idiot.

I'm afraid not, the direct proof is that Null Sec, is empty, we roam in there all the time and in low sec, the areas of the game are dead, because what's the point in risking ships in "actual pvp fights" with other pilots who are trying just as hard to kill you, when you can blow up faction fit newish player mission ships n make billions?

So what do u suggest?

I suggest that corporations and alliances are limited to 5 war decs available.

This in effect means that large alliances cannot turn high sec into there own personal Null Sec, it means they have to go to Null Sec to get a target rich environment. It would also mean less combat in market hubs and less strain on the servers.

So to the point i recommend thus:@

Each corporation and alliance has a 5 war dec limit. This means they can ONLY declare 5 wars at any one time.

Each corporation and alliance can only be declared war upon, 3 times. This prevents things like i.e Goonswarm being perma decked by every large griefer alliance in the game.

For a corporation to declare war, they must have no fewer than 7 active members i.e 7 numbers. This would stop the alts of people who just like to **** mining corps off.

This would in effect make "mercs" an actual play style as they would have to get out of hubs and look for their targets. I.e what real mercs do.

These changes would force so called high sec griefer "pvp pilots" out of high sec and into low/null and would enhance that side of the game. You can see my personal killboard and know i PvP in low/null. So this is not me whining. We have a low sec HQ and if people are stupid enuff to get caught by war targets, that's there issue. I am a PvP pilot, i do "real" PvP, not high sec griefing. Bottom line is, this needs to stop

I am just tired of new corps being slammed into the floor by griefer alliances and corps. It needs to stop and CCP need to do summit about it.

No. Highsec is safe enough the only way to figh legal is wardecs if you take away one source of destruction. And this game is based on destruction.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#65 - 2015-07-30 21:27:26 UTC
Juan Mileghere wrote:

High-sec Missioners, Incursioners, Traders, Miners, Industrialists
Look, gankers and deccers are in HS for those people or for 0.0/Low-sec people who don't use alts for logistics

Many war deccers ARE high sec missioners, incursioners, traders, miners and industrialists. True its far fewer since decs were nerfed and made less accessible, but you still get corps who part time PvP with wardecs.

As for decs being made more expensive: Hell no. This only makes it even less accessible to smaller poor corps whilst the big rich corps are unaffected.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#66 - 2015-07-30 21:35:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Iam The Flash wrote:
I am just tired of new corps being slammed into the floor by griefer alliances and corps. It needs to stop and CCP need to do summit about it.

It's not a coincidence that many corporations are being shuttered while players migrate to NPC corps en masse... or going inactive and quitting altogether.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Daichi Yamato
#67 - 2015-07-30 22:36:32 UTC
Wardecs have been around forever and were last changed in 2012.

Whatever you have that suggests any significant shift of players from player corps to npc corps can be atrributed to wardecs id like to see.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#68 - 2015-07-30 22:51:43 UTC
Alexander McKeon wrote:

I feel that such a system would eliminate the feeling of helplessness and lack of control many hisec corps cite as reasons for disliking wardec mechanics.

They're not helpless, they're just stupid. Was Brave "helpless" against you? No, they were just led badly and told to do the wrong things.

The problem is the carebear corps that exist at all, with toxic leadership that perpetuates failure. Not a damned thing needs to be changed about a mechanic just because some people are bad at the game. That'd be a real Sort Dragon move.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#69 - 2015-07-30 22:57:10 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:

Marmite
Persuit Of Happiness
Break-A-Wish
Bad Neighbours
Zero Compliance
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Aborted F

I agree.

I play chess and I'm appalled by just how many griefing murderers there are playing that game. I can also take large leap of logic and say it's the reason many games nights in houses have not taken place for so long.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Valkin Mordirc
#70 - 2015-07-31 04:55:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
Iam The Flash wrote:

Marmite
Persuit Of Happiness
Break-A-Wish
Bad Neighbours
Zero Compliance
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Aborted F

Woa woa hold on there cowboy.

I thought Guardians of the Galaxy were an FW corp? So just by simplely wardecing you become a griefer?

Also really Zero Compliance?

Gankers are now griefers to. It no longer pertained to just wardecs. YAY! It's now another Nerf Highsec thread.

Aborted F is a two man/onemainonealt corp, how is "HEY YOU 30 TWATS OVER THERE! COME ERE AND FITE MEH" considered griefing to you?

BAW and POH are gentlemen and scholars, Sir. Bad Company has some pretty okay dudes in it, I suppose. I wouldn't know honestly I just assume the best of people. Unlike you...apparently.

Im also a little miffed you did add my corp to the list. >.>

EDIT: Like really, Alliance name is We Didn't Mean It, we war dec. And our Alliance ticker is WEDID.

DO YOU NOT SEE THE HUMOR.
#DeleteTheWeak
Iam The Flash
Doomheim
#71 - 2015-07-31 08:01:05 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Iam The Flash wrote:

Marmite
Persuit Of Happiness
Break-A-Wish
Bad Neighbours
Zero Compliance
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Aborted F

Woa woa hold on there cowboy.

I thought Guardians of the Galaxy were an FW corp? So just by simplely wardecing you become a griefer?

Also really Zero Compliance?

Gankers are now griefers to. It no longer pertained to just wardecs. YAY! It's now another Nerf Highsec thread.

Aborted F is a two man/onemainonealt corp, how is "HEY YOU 30 TWATS OVER THERE! COME ERE AND FITE MEH" considered griefing to you?

BAW and POH are gentlemen and scholars, Sir. Bad Company has some pretty okay dudes in it, I suppose. I wouldn't know honestly I just assume the best of people. Unlike you...apparently.

Im also a little miffed you did add my corp to the list. >.>

EDIT: Like really, Alliance name is We Didn't Mean It, we war dec. And our Alliance ticker is WEDID.

DO YOU NOT SEE THE HUMOR.

u do realise that guardians live in amarr n have a war dec list as long as my arm and do not do FW?

GET A CLUE
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#72 - 2015-07-31 09:53:44 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
So just by simplely wardecing you become a griefer?

Looks like that's what he's saying to me, yeah. Use of a game mechanic he doesn't like is "griefing". Roll

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Iam The Flash
Doomheim
#73 - 2015-07-31 09:58:01 UTC
U know damn well that's not what i am saying.

He thinks guardians of the galaxy alliance are a FW alliance, i think not.

Look at u both, clearly griefers and simply picking fights

every thread like this u people jump on it n start trolling

its pathetic
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#74 - 2015-07-31 10:04:18 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:
U know damn well that's not what i am saying.

I really don't. So far you've referred to pretty much anyone who is currently actually using the mechanic as "griefers". It sure looks like that's what you mean to me.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Iam The Flash
Doomheim
#75 - 2015-07-31 11:02:43 UTC
Right so any corp who war decs in EMPIRE to shoot new players and miners is not griefing?

This is your argument?

Ofc they are and to claim otherwise is pure stupidity.

If you want PvP you go to low sec and null sec and fight against players who are trying equally as u to kill u. That's PvP.

Ganking PvE fit ships, barges, freighters, all of it, is griefing, its as simple as that, your not doing it for the ISK, your doing it to get a decent killboard.

I.e PvP against those who don't want to PvP. It's as simple as that

No argument u make against it will change the fact of what it is, war decking mining and mission corps is not pvp, its not fun for them, its griefing, the amount of new players i have seen quit, is astounding.

Don't try to justify griefing as legal game play, because whilst it may be, it doesn't stop the fact it's disgusting behaviour and it causing a direct effect on null and low sec because new players do not stick around long enuff to go the full haul.

And you bloody well know it
Daichi Yamato
#76 - 2015-07-31 11:26:27 UTC
What you call griefing is what this game is about. Its a PvP game at its core and Its a PvP game for everyone no matter where you are. no matter what you do.

No thats not a problem. That is in fact the entire point. Look at my Sig.

Dont like it? Dont play.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#77 - 2015-07-31 11:38:46 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:
Right so any corp who war decs in EMPIRE to shoot new players and miners is not griefing?

My argument is that wardecs are not griefing, by definition. Griefing is a very specific thing, defined by CCP, that is punishable. Wardecs do not fall under that category in any way.

Quote:

If you want PvP you go to low sec and null sec and fight against players who are trying equally as u to kill u. That's PvP.

Nope to both. PvP is, by definition, "player versus player". No part of that indicates that the other person has to be trying to kill me.

Secondly, EVE Online is a PvP game, and PvP belongs everywhere including highsec.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2015-07-31 11:41:01 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:

This is your argument?

Ofc they are and to claim otherwise is pure stupidity.

Ganking PvE fit ships, barges, freighters, all of it, is griefing, its as simple as that, your not doing it for the ISK, your doing it to get a decent killboard.

I.e PvP against those who don't want to PvP. It's as simple as that

No argument u make against it will change the fact of what it is, war decking mining and mission corps is not pvp, its not fun for them, its griefing, the amount of new players i have seen quit, is astounding.

Don't try to justify griefing as legal game play, because whilst it may be, it doesn't stop the fact it's disgusting behaviour and it causing a direct effect on null and low sec because new players do not stick around long enuff to go the full haul.

And you bloody well know it

I'm not used to agreeing with Kaar on wardecs but in this case he's right. They are not griefing, they are a tool at the disposal of hisec corps to mess with other player corps. Likewise there are tools for use by hisec player corps to counter wardecs, learn to use them. By joining a player corp you are tacitly agreeing to being open for wardecs.

If you do not want wardecs stay in NPC corps (like CODE do Blink ). Otherwise accept it as a part of the game and learn to adapt to it.

This would only become griefing if it was targeted at individual players, if the deccing corp followed you from corp to corp deccing each one in turn and then ganking you in between whilst you are in NPC corps. Then it would be griefing.
Iam The Flash
Doomheim
#79 - 2015-07-31 11:48:58 UTC
Yeh so abscially what ur saying is tough ****, if i want to kill u n drive u out the game because u have no SP to defend urself

screw u n screw ccp

well done

GROW UP
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2015-07-31 11:59:53 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:
Yeh so abscially what ur saying is tough ****, if i want to kill u n drive u out the game because u have no SP to defend urself

screw u n screw ccp

well done

GROW UP

Oh the irony in your use of language followed by telling me to grow up...

Reading comprehension failure too I think as I said nothing of the kind. I pointed out that all of the tools required to avoid a wardec are there. As are all of the tools required to fight a wardec should you choose to do so.

Note that as I have previously said here I believe that wardecs need change but not in the way the OP suggests. Try the search function and find a multitude of previous 'Change Wardecs' threads where I've put forward various constructive proposals. None of which involved screwing anything as far as I remember.