These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The story of broken mechanic and AG victory in Madirmilire

First post
Author
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2015-07-27 05:28:12 UTC
Also ensure you mske your frieghter come to complete stop after undocking.

Wow its so sad how much explained these bears need things
Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2015-07-27 05:35:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Orca Platypus
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Dude you cant figure out how to web a ship into warp lol.

I can. I also can figure it only works on boards.
ED: I also provided some proving killboard link where freighters die with blue webs on them. There's obviously no way of actually missing the webs, even despite the fact that morons like that QQODE moron (how was his name again) suggested something stupid like dramiel... it just doesn't actually work outside of boards.

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Freaking several gankers even explain the process and gave you hints and tips cuz they knew that stupid bears either wouldnt put for the effort of practicing it or just wouldnt understand it.

Obviously they are interested in explaining non-functional counters. It's what keeps their pathetic boat afloat.

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
*butthurt snipped*

Why so butthurt?

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Also ensure you mske your frieghter come to complete stop after undocking.

Wow its so sad how much explained these bears need things

Because real haulers know about insta-undocks and your ignorant stupid ranting *north end of a south-bound horse* doesn't.
Damn censorship.
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2015-07-27 05:40:00 UTC
Lol you see "blue webs on killmails" and assume it doesnt work cuz those losers died?

They did it wromt/too late/after they had been bumped.

Why cant you understand that?

And i ment stop after undocking to practice.

Follow steps laid out by us.

Try it.
See your ship warp sideways within 5secs
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2015-07-27 05:42:10 UTC
If you get bumped.

Game over.

You need to web IMMEDIATELY you uncloak and click warp to.

You screw it up you lose.

You get 1 shot eat gate jump to do it properly and not get bumped.

Go practice baddy
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#85 - 2015-07-27 05:47:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Yes, CCP calls freighters capships, but they share none of the characteristics that actually define and separate capships from other classes so it's a pretty questionable call.
Hit points
Size
Cargo Hold
Slow warp / align

Certainly more similar to a capital than a frigate.

Those make them more like battleships, if anything, and none of them are defining characteristics of capships.

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Daerrol wrote:
Freighter use Advanced Spaceship command therefore they are caps. Easy.

Even easier.

What market tab are they under?

…but they don't use the Capital Ships skill, and they appear under the same market tab as the Orca, which, with its L-sized rigs and modules, L-sized construction array, high-sec access, and complete lack of any capship-related skills very clearly isn't a capital ship. So neither of those are really defining characteristics of capships either.

For an old rundown of what actually sets capships apart, see this old thing. Some of the details have changed, but the general distinctiveness and logic behind making that distinction still holds true. In the end, it comes down to how there is no one single sufficient attribute that says something is a capship (except maybe their exclusion from highsec), but there are a handful of necessary ones. On the industrial side, only the Rorqual qualifies for all those necessary conditions.
Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2015-07-27 05:50:40 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Lol you see "blue webs on killmails" and assume it doesnt work cuz those losers died?

They are only losers by game design - had to use a freighter, because honestly, with some cargo, there is no way around (except maybe even less safe variations).

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
They did it wromt/too late/after they had been bumped.

Why cant you understand that?

I perfectly understand that - it just doesn't matter though, because you can't prevent bumping.

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
And i ment stop after undocking to practice.

Follow steps laid out by us.

Following steps laid out by ignorant losers is a sure way to fail. Well, webbing is the way to fail, nothing extraordinary, just another of your loser days I guess.

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Try it.
See your ship warp sideways within 5secs

How long do you think it takes for a noobship to land an overheated long point on a freighter?
Hint: 2 seconds.

Then you get bumped.

Now you get it, loser? Why webbing only works on boards.

Go come up with more stupidity, baddie from baddie corp of baddie alliance...
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#87 - 2015-07-27 06:06:43 UTC
Orca Platypus wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Calm down miner! No need to get rude and all personal over this obviously fabricated AG success story. Just stay relaxed and make sure you have a valid mining permit.

So it really is butthurt, and it intensifies. Obviously dumb gankers failed easiest possible gank and now they call it fabricated despite the proofpics. Oh, the salt...

Are you sure it's not your own salt? The only one I see crying here while calling everyone dumb is you. You should really calm down a bit, get a deep breath, maybe drink a glass of water to reclaim some of the liquid you just lost over the last couple of pages.

Maybe speak to your nearest New Order Agent in-game, so we can make sure you are ready for everyday highsec and don't lose any more of your ships. It's really best for all of us if you stop to rebel, accept your place at the bottom of the PvP food chain and just comply with the Code.

For the future of Highsec and for our children!
Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2015-07-27 06:35:43 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Orca Platypus wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Calm down miner! No need to get rude and all personal over this obviously fabricated AG success story. Just stay relaxed and make sure you have a valid mining permit.

So it really is butthurt, and it intensifies. Obviously dumb gankers failed easiest possible gank and now they call it fabricated despite the proofpics. Oh, the salt...

Are you sure it's not your own salt? The only one I see crying here while calling everyone dumb is you. You should really calm down a bit, get a deep breath, maybe drink a glass of water to reclaim some of the liquid you just lost over the last couple of pages.

Maybe speak to your nearest New Order Agent in-game, so we can make sure you are ready for everyday highsec and don't lose any more of your ships. It's really best for all of us if you stop to rebel, accept your place at the bottom of the PvP food chain and just comply with the Code.

For the future of Highsec and for our children!

Except I clearly stated quite a few times that I am not in hisec, but in a safer place.
Why don't you go cry about fabricated some more? Your salt is pouring all over your troll wannabe post.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#89 - 2015-07-27 07:32:15 UTC
You're talking about logging timers and similar... isn't that what the safe log is for?

If you have no timer on you, use safe to ensure you get removed from space instead of doing the normal quit client/log.

But bumping can be annoying as fudge especially when it's easy to bump, but harder to counter bump.

Getting an alt/friend in the general direction of your bump and fleet warp to him/her might be a good way to get out of bumpy situations

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#90 - 2015-07-27 07:35:45 UTC
Chribba wrote:
You're talking about logging timers and similar... isn't that what the safe log is for?
/c

You can't safe log if you are targetted.

So the bumping ship just has to lock up the freighter/etc. to prevent it from safe logging. No GCC from yellow boxing.
Black Pedro
Mine.
#91 - 2015-07-27 07:55:15 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Chribba wrote:
/c

So the bumping ship just has to lock up the freighter/etc. to prevent it from safe logging. No GCC from yellow boxing.

But of course that is intended. You shouldn't be able to safe log off if you are in the decidedly unsafe position of being targeted by a hostile ship.

If another player wants to try to kill you, you have to deal with that without the get-out-of-PvP-free of logging out of the game universe. There are ways to counter bump and or destroy the bumper or you can call their bluff and disconnect if you think they are just looking for a ransom, but really the best policy of all is to avoid being tackled in the first place.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#92 - 2015-07-27 08:03:25 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
But of course that is intended. You shouldn't be able to safe log off if you are in the decidedly unsafe position of being targeted by a hostile ship.

Yeah, absolutely.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2015-07-27 10:57:27 UTC
Orca Platypus wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
BotAspirant wrote:
@Jeak I dont see how bumping me for over an hour and then failing to kill me is success.

I am not surprised that you can only consider yourself and what happens to you in the big picture. Not surprised at all.

Ah, the wonderful example of spaceship lawyering, so full of tasty salty tears.
"We have failed pathetically, but that doesn't matter, we win in the long run (until ganking starts requiring at least mosquito IQ to pull off, then we declare our victory and disband in search of next cretin-proof activity)".

Um... how was what I said here in any way 'lawyering'? I was just commenting on the selfish attitude so prevalent amongst the vast majority of carebears, if not all of them. That's not lawyering dude. Lrn2meme.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

BotAspirant
Bad Taste.
#94 - 2015-07-27 13:46:18 UTC  |  Edited by: BotAspirant
@Carrie-Anne Moss you are just bitter loser, take your insults elsewhere

I should add that I was hauling 1.2b in pyerite that day and I dont use webber alt when I haul cargo worth less than 1.5b.
I know how to fly freighter and I dont need you tips.

As someone already said, bumping = warp scramble. You are supposed to use modules/bubbles to prevent warping.
Even if you use webber ganker can use frigate to lock you faster and point you for 10s so he has time to bump you. Or he can just gank your webber. You cant prevent it and cant get out of it.
Only ignorants with no idea how this works can say that this is not broken.
Kaldi Tsukaya
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#95 - 2015-07-27 13:58:28 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Chribba wrote:
/c

If another player wants to try to kill you, you have to deal with that without the get-out-of-PvP-free of logging out of the game universe. There are ways to counter bump and or destroy the bumper or you can call their bluff and disconnect if you think they are just looking for a ransom, but really the best policy of all is to avoid being tackled in the first place.

If targeting is not a hostile act, it should not prevent safe logoff.
ie. shoot me or gtfo.

I agree logoff should not be used to avoid pvp, but the targeting issue is a dumb mechanic.
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2015-07-27 14:00:49 UTC
BotAspirant wrote:

I should add that I was hauling 1.2b in pyerite that day and I dont use webber alt when I haul cargo worth less than 1.5b.

As someone already said, bumping = warp scramble. You are supposed to use modules/bubbles to prevent warping.
Even if you use webber ganker can use frigate to lock you faster and point you for 10s so he has time to bump you. Or he can just gank your webber. You cant prevent it and cant get out of it.

That INSTALOCKING SUICIDE NOOBSHIP WARP DISRUPT SHIP WILL DIE TO GATEGUNS IN 1SECOND LOL

Stop making **** up dude. The noobship will get instapopped by gateguns so no you wont be disrupted when you warp dude.

Lol ignorance is NOT BLISS if you a carebear
Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2015-07-27 14:06:28 UTC
BotAspirant wrote:
Even if you use webber ganker can use frigate to lock you faster and point you for 10s so he has time to bump you.

It is impossible to tank gate-guns for 10 seconds in a frigate. Please stop lying.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#98 - 2015-07-27 14:10:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
BotAspirant wrote:

Bumping is not the same thing as warp scrambling, and to actually prevent warps, the use of modules or bubbles is required.

Some people like to claim otherwise. Those people are misinformed.
Violet Crumble
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#99 - 2015-07-27 14:18:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Violet Crumble
BotAspirant wrote:

That's such an unfortunate view, because in my view, it's not broken. It's really not that big of a risk to begin with, but webbing most certainly does help.

Sure a bumper could sacrifice a tackling ship, which would have to be sensor boosted and within scram/point range when you decloak.

It's just not a practice used and it's not a perfect tactic for them if they wanted to use it because you have control over when you are going to decloak and can be perfectly prepared with your webbing alt/Corpmate/friend beforehand.

This is my webbing alts fit:

http://puu.sh/jeK1R/d6e4f8c6d4.png

In fleet, with interdiction maneuvers running, sensor boosted and webs on before I decloak with my warp.

Less than 2 seconds to lock my Freighter:

http://puu.sh/jeKLu/dcac1be7f9.png

40.6km unheated web and 51km heated (Rapier/Huginn will get 56km web unheated, no links). Even on regional gates my webs are out of range on initial jump through the gate only about 5% of the time and I just maneuver my webs before decloaking in that case.

It's very hard, if you have an effective webbing alt, for a bumping Macharial to bump you before you warp. It's 2 server ticks to lock and 1 more to warp.

As a result, I have no problem jumping through gates where there are Macharials on the other side.

Aside from being prepared, the risk of a hauling contract failing is small to begin with.

Red Frog Freight's annual report for 2014 put them a 0.11% rate of failed contracts. 1 in 1000 contracts, with each contract in highsec being an average of 12 jumps.

In all of 2014, of the 2,786,739 jumps they made in highsec, they only failed on 245 occasions to reach their destination and complete the contract within time.

The risk to haulers is small even before you take measures to protect yourself and being prepared for the worst to happen.

Just in the last few hours I've laid out almost 8 Billion in collateral and taken my Freighter through Uedama for each of those contracts (and back again to Jita on each occasion):

http://puu.sh/jeLtI/276d7052b0.jpg

There have been Macharials sitting off the gates on almost every jump into Uedama I've made today.

I'm no one special and it doesn't take anything really special to make yourself a difficult target.

Funtime Factory - We put the fun back in funtime

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2015-07-27 16:01:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
BotAspirant wrote:

There are many people running freighters every day without a problem, because they know what they're doing. But I guess they're just ignorant, aren't they. Tell me, when something goes bad for you, do you ever wonder what you could be taking responsibility for, or do you always blame someone else?

I was in a freemode GTA session the other day with a guy that was sniping me on the ground. I couldn't beat him, cuz I can't snipe for ****. I'm more of a driver/pilot guy, so I decided to get in my Hydra fighter and chase him with that. I admit, I got excited when he grabbed a fighter too, because I love a good dogfight, and it was a good dogfight. I shot him down with gunfire after pulling a split-S extension in behind him, forcing him low and slow, and got a good deflection shot on him.

Then he started calling me a 'nub hacker', which I found hilarious. He just kept ranting at me. After killing me a dozen times with his sniper rifle on foot, he starts this epic bitchfest about me killing him once in the sky. No thought, none at all, as to what he could have learned from the experience. That's why he will learn nothing, and as long as you're blaming everyone else, you, too, will continue to learn nothing, and are destined to repeat your own failures over and over until you learn something.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104