These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hulkageddon 5?

Author
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2011-12-08 17:14:58 UTC
Handsome Hussein wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Handsome ******* wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Catalysts do 500-600 dps overheated with perfect skills, not 800

http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/57336-Catalyst-700-DPS-Suicide-Gank.html

It's a tight fit, but it can be done. And it's very cheap if your target has a chance of a good drop.

Yeah but using a 17 mil ISK catalyst for 100-150 more DPS is quite ineffective

Some men are ludicrously space-rich. vOv Also, 17 mil is pretty much a drop in the bucket.

I'd rather be space poor and have friends than space rich with no friends and 20% more DPS.

Unfortunately I have neither ISK nor friends d;(

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Commander Spurty
#42 - 2011-12-08 17:16:00 UTC
Many a hulkageddon pilot is going to lose his pod in the next one. Can't wait

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

clamslayer
Doomheim
#43 - 2011-12-08 17:25:06 UTC
now that the goons have their d!cks in hulkageddon this year, expect freighter kills
Minta Contha
Emergent Entity
#44 - 2011-12-08 17:28:06 UTC
I taunted Helicity Boson in local in a lowsec system while riding in a Covetor during the last Hulkageddon.
Nothing happened.

My cooking is like my lovemaking - fast, greasy, and unsatisfying.

Goose99
#45 - 2011-12-08 17:29:43 UTC
Handsome Hussein wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Handsome ******* wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

It's a tight fit, but it can be done. And it's very cheap if your target has a chance of a good drop.

Some men are ludicrously space-rich. vOv Also, 17 mil is pretty much a drop in the bucket.

Rather than that, his math is wrong:

8x t2 small blasters 8 x 500k = 4 mil
3x t2 magstabs 3 x 800k = 2.4 mil
2x t1 small hybrid rigs 2x 80k (lulz) = 160k

Totals around 6.5 mil in fittings, not even close to 17 mil. Of course, he's free to buy at ripoff prices instead of hub price. By that same token, you can buy a shuttle for 8 mil, doesn't make it worth 8 mil.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#46 - 2011-12-08 17:33:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Cipher Jones
Goose99 wrote:
Handsome ******* wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Handsome ******* wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

Rather than that, his math is wrong:

Totals around 6.5 mil in fittings, not even close to 17 mil. Of course, he's free to buy at ripoff prices instead of hub price. By that same token, you can buy a shuttle for 8 mil, doesn't make it worth 8 mil.

You know when you refer to DPS and not alpha in relation to suicide ganking it makes you look like a total nublet, right?

Yeah, you know that.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

StillBorn CrackBaby
Doomheim
#47 - 2011-12-08 17:36:00 UTC
Hulkaboredom is old and tired...
Jenshae Chiroptera
#48 - 2011-12-08 17:38:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Karadion wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:
It's worse then you can imagine. The Mitanni is joining in.

What's with you dumb pubbies not being able to spell Mittani? It's not that hard.

I prefer calling him " Mittens " P

Mittens and his kittens. (Poor little r[mentally deficient] things that they are.)

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Handsome Hussein
#49 - 2011-12-08 17:45:24 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
I'd rather be space poor and have friends than space rich with no friends and 20% more DPS.

Unfortunately I have neither ISK nor friends d;(

Being space-poor and having no space-friends sucks space.

Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2011-12-08 17:46:49 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:

You know when you refer to DPS and not alpha in relation to suicide ganking it makes you look like a total nublet, right?

Yeah, you know that.

Hey total nublet Alpha Strikes are a luxury but not a necessity, unless you're in 1.0.

As for my prices, I'm just copy pasting from PYFA, I didn't check Jita

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2011-12-08 17:47:41 UTC
If only alpha mattered, why the **** is everyone using blasters instead of artillery?

Handsome Hussein
#52 - 2011-12-08 17:49:07 UTC
Goose99 wrote:

Totals around 6.5 mil in fittings, not even close to 17 mil.

He's probably using the pyfa costs rather than looking up each item on EVE-Central or in-game. I'm pretty lazy too.

Zuevil
Perkone
Caldari State
#53 - 2011-12-08 18:29:59 UTC
It really is a phenomenal display of skill and performance, plus an extremely rare raw talent needed to be a gank Sh*thead. Add to that an enormity amount of ppl in an Alliance, all joining in for the excruciating difficult art of suicide ganking.

I have no words to qualify such amazing feat’s, how shallow can ones life be to get satisfaction of playing a game where you just play like as if you were using a trainer, amazing how difficult it is to get a KM in those conditions.

To all suicide gankers out there, you have my respect, there should be medals of honor to you all.

Please, don't get me wrong, I do make an effort to understand your need to do that and after logging off return to your insipid life’s of misery.

CCP Should create an extra forum just to display such accomplishments and give it an appropriate name reference, I suggest that such forum should be identified as the “Pathetic” forum, it should show the rankings of all the “Pathetic” by ascending order, like... Pathetic number one; Pathetic number two... and so on and so on...

We should never forget that CCP does endorse and support such an out of this world feats, props to you all...
Crias Taylor
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2011-12-08 18:32:18 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
If only alpha mattered, why the **** is everyone using blasters instead of artillery?

A nice mix of fairly high alpha and and fairly high dps. Too bad their range is terrible and downright laughable compared to pulse and auto cannons. You can never use blasted unless your target is not moving and you can get on top of them via warp in. Making it perfect to kill miners with. 

You use artillery when you can only get one shot. 
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2011-12-08 18:34:44 UTC
Crias Taylor wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

A nice mix of fairly high alpha and and fairly high dps. Too bad their range is terrible and downright laughable compared to pulse and auto cannons. You can never use blasted unless your target is not moving and you can get on top of them via warp in. Making it perfect to kill miners with. 

I know that and was answering Cipher Jones

Crias Taylor
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2011-12-08 18:35:54 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:

Jenshae Chiroptera
#57 - 2011-12-08 18:38:32 UTC
What is the point of Hulkaggeddon?

Most of the miners will just swop out to Covetors and Jump clones then absorb the loss. When all is said and done, everything just goes back to normal.
It is pretty pointless but I guess people want to demand attention from time to time. Roll

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Dai DIEDIEDIE
Doomheim
#58 - 2011-12-08 18:41:49 UTC
Zuevil wrote:
It really is a phenomenal display of skill and performance, plus an extremely rare raw talent needed to be a gank Sh*thead. Add to that an enormity amount of ppl in an Alliance, all joining in for the excruciating difficult art of suicide ganking.

I have no words to qualify such amazing feat’s, how shallow can ones life be to get satisfaction of playing a game where you just play like as if you were using a trainer, amazing how difficult it is to get a KM in those conditions.

To all suicide gankers out there, you have my respect, there should be medals of honor to you all.

Please, don't get me wrong, I do make an effort to understand your need to do that and after logging off return to your insipid life’s of misery.

CCP Should create an extra forum just to display such accomplishments and give it an appropriate name reference, I suggest that such forum should be identified as the “Pathetic” forum, it should show the rankings of all the “Pathetic” by ascending order, like... Pathetic number one; Pathetic number two... and so on and so on...

We should never forget that CCP does endorse and support such an out of this world feats, props to you all...

Look at how bitter and ignorant your post is. It's stuff like this that fuels all Hulkageddons.
Handsome Hussein
#59 - 2011-12-08 18:42:11 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Most of the miners will just swop out to Covetors and Jump clones then absorb the loss. When all is said and done, everything just goes back to normal.
It is pretty pointless but I guess people want to demand attention from time to time. Roll

I'm hoping a bunch of miners go out in Bantams during Hulkageddon because I really want to do some poor-man's ganking in Rifters and Incursi.

Dai DIEDIEDIE
Doomheim
#60 - 2011-12-08 18:49:16 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:

Since when has having fun been pointless? The only people giving Hulkageddon pilots attention is people like you.