These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Last time you rage quit?

Author
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#41 - 2015-07-25 17:26:34 UTC
People really ragequit?

Orca Platypus wrote:
With tens of billions in the wallet, losing a cruisers still hurts too much to be tolerated.

It's unlikely anyone thought you weren't a troll, but if such people did exist you've just corrected their error.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

lord xavier
Rubbed Out
#42 - 2015-07-25 18:39:01 UTC
I've never really rage quit the game. I have rage logged before on a few occasions. Though normally I just go to a different channel in comms, turn on music and smoke a few cigarettes.
I would think the closest time I'd consider I would have rage quit maybe would have been when I lost a nyx. I was busy in real life but I also didn't make an effort to give time to Eve either. Came back a few months later and went back at it.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#43 - 2015-07-25 19:49:52 UTC
Syrilian wrote:
First, this isn't a complaint thread. I want to make that clear that I am not complaining about what happens to me or how the game is unfair, etc.

That being said, when was the last time you rage quit or at least were like **** it, I am done with EVE for the night because of something that happened?

It has only happened to me a couple of times and last night was one of those nights. Lost 4 ships last night, two to gate camps, one in a plex and one to a ganker while I was on a mission.

So the first ship I lost to a gate camp of like 20 ships. Went back and reshipped, picked a completely different route(looked at map, picked a route with few ships destroyed and all that), died to another gate camp as I was running away from a roaming fleet. Went back and reshipped, picked a route with absolutely no ships destroyed finally make it to my destination and get into a novice only to have an astero decloak while I was literally about to push scan on my d-scan. Points me, I go boom(though at least that fight was close).

So I decide to work on my standings and do a mission. Go to a system with literally one other person in it, jump to 10 k off mission gate, with a worm waiting to greet me. Warp off, wait ten minutes. Warp 100 k off, he is still there, points me and I go boom. That's when I said good night EVE I'll see you later.

Being irritated at my own stupidity makes me do this.

Last time was when i realised I had used the wrong alt to move some blueprints. The blueprints arrived just fine, but on the way back I got careless (and drunk) and herpa-derped and lost the pod... stuffed full of +5% research/manufacturing implants.

Plenty of times before that when I lost ships in fleet due to wrong align point, or even on one particularly memorable occasion, forgetting to activate hardeners (who needs resists anyway amirite?)

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#44 - 2015-07-25 19:50:40 UTC
My alliance mostly keeps me around for my looks is I guess what I am saying here.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#45 - 2015-07-26 01:21:32 UTC
Jeanne Tivianne wrote:
Last night when a WingspanTT pilot watched me fail-torp a Venture in J-Space, I was so embarrassed I left the hole, flew to Dodixie and sulked for a half hour before I logged for the night. Live and learn.

Nevermind the Myrmidon, 2 Stratios and the Manticore that was in the hole too. They probably played a part in me leaving too.

I fail torped a newbie in a cruiser ratting lowsec once. He was confused when I died.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#46 - 2015-07-26 04:23:20 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Had someone dishonor a 1v1 once. Couldn't decide if I was stupid enough to agree to a prearranged fight or if he was more pathetic being an 8 year vet of the game afraid of 3 month old little me!

Made me bitter about the game for a few days but not really a rage quit. As close as I've ever been to one I guess :)

I personally make a point to not honor 1v1s even when I'd win anyway.

I think 1v1s are dumb because I think if you're not willing to do whatever it takes to defeat the other person you shouldn't be shooting them at all and the only people it's reasonable to have a "friendly" engagement with are the people officially affiliated with you via standings or corp/alliance membership. Subsequently whenever I encounter someone who wants to 1v1 I make sure to bring either friends, reps, boosts or some combination thereof.

Hope this helps you understand why some people don't honor 1v1s.
Karl Jerr
Herzack Unit
#47 - 2015-07-26 18:46:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Karl Jerr
Lost a Proteus to a LS gate camp due to two stupid things I did;
1/ forgot to travel fit the lows, haven't even fixed the mids
2/ completely screwed up the CovOps cloaking.

Never had a problem like this with my BR...

This time I was a bit... frustrated by my double whammy SNAFU OopsRollLol

It was about 7 months ago, lesson learned Oops
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2015-07-26 19:17:09 UTC
Everytime I seat in front of my monitor and run eve launcher I do promise - it's my last time I'm doing it but ... I'm still here for the last several years...

phucking eve online I love u

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2015-07-26 23:38:01 UTC
admiral root wrote:
People really ragequit?

Orca Platypus wrote:
With tens of billions in the wallet, losing a cruisers still hurts too much to be tolerated.

It's unlikely anyone thought you weren't a troll, but if such people did exist you've just corrected their error.

That's rude.
I totally meant everything I said. No way I can tolerate losing a ship.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#50 - 2015-07-26 23:40:11 UTC
Orca Platypus wrote:
No way I can tolerate losing a ship.

Star Trek Online is ------> that way.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2015-07-27 00:29:42 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Orca Platypus wrote:
No way I can tolerate losing a ship.

Star Trek Online is ------> that way.

And eve online, where I managed 0 losses in years of nullbearing on my main, is here.
I unsubbed when I bought a combat alt with just 30 million SP (yeah, big mistake, it's obviously stupidly low for eve combat pvp, but how were I supposed to know?) and it turned out that eve combat pvp is as boring mechanic abuse fest as I imagined it would be - I got mortally bored even before losing that caracal, and when I lost it, it was a last drop.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2015-07-27 07:34:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
I don't usually ragequit, but I'm pro at apathyquits.

Last time was when I couldn't find a way to make launcher actually complete installation of another patch and couldn't login. But at the time I couldn't even remember how much of my sub was left and at most I could care about updating skill queue once in a blue moon. I guess it's pity that I wasted quite a bit SP, but oh well.

Long live unlimited skillqueue.
H Zub
Captain Morgan Society
#53 - 2015-07-27 10:53:51 UTC  |  Edited by: H Zub
I have never rage quit.

However I did recycle this character 2007 when trying to make sure I will never ever come back. Even made a video of the process :-)
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#54 - 2015-07-27 11:13:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Ima Wreckyou
I never rage quit, I rage login.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#55 - 2015-07-27 11:23:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
Last time I rage quit was because Angelica Dreamstar made fun of missiles. It made me sad. She said something about "turrets", but I don't know what those are.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Oxide Ammar
#56 - 2015-07-27 11:52:14 UTC
Believe it or not, I start losing interest of the game since my teamspeak client crashed and never got fixed, because if you don't have TS basically you can't do any pvp.
I tried every solution I could find on internet but with no luck, I started to play other games. What?

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

Kiandoshia
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#57 - 2015-07-27 18:02:00 UTC
I was somewhere far away from where I wanted to be an my wormhole there and back collapsed, so I started 'walking' back.
About half way, I jumped into a gate camp but got out alive, only for the guys who were camping to then start following me and literally making a new camp at every gate.

At some point, I jumped back and forth a couple of times until their dictor couldn't bubble me in time, went to make a safe and logged off for the night after considering self destructing =x
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#58 - 2015-07-27 18:06:20 UTC
Something to do with vargurs. My ******* god those god damn vargurs.
Chiang LapShek
Perkone
Caldari State
#59 - 2015-07-27 18:41:02 UTC
When I was hauling **** to jita and got suicide ganked. Quit for about 4 months.
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#60 - 2015-07-27 19:39:32 UTC
Syrilian wrote:
First, this isn't a complaint thread. I want to make that clear that I am not complaining about what happens to me or how the game is unfair, etc.

That being said, when was the last time you rage quit or at least were like **** it, I am done with EVE for the night because of something that happened?

It has only happened to me a couple of times and last night was one of those nights. Lost 4 ships last night, two to gate camps, one in a plex and one to a ganker while I was on a mission.

So the first ship I lost to a gate camp of like 20 ships. Went back and reshipped, picked a completely different route(looked at map, picked a route with few ships destroyed and all that), died to another gate camp as I was running away from a roaming fleet. Went back and reshipped, picked a route with absolutely no ships destroyed finally make it to my destination and get into a novice only to have an astero decloak while I was literally about to push scan on my d-scan. Points me, I go boom(though at least that fight was close).

So I decide to work on my standings and do a mission. Go to a system with literally one other person in it, jump to 10 k off mission gate, with a worm waiting to greet me. Warp off, wait ten minutes. Warp 100 k off, he is still there, points me and I go boom. That's when I said good night EVE I'll see you later.

Dude, you are an even worse EvE player than I am. Big smile