These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Last time you rage quit?

Author
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2015-07-24 20:56:07 UTC
Would not call it rage quit/log, but sometimes it's better to call it a day ... when you warp in a Mordus site attacking a ratting Tengu with a T3D. I'm glad losses to rats are not showing on killboards. Blink

I'm my own NPC alt.

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2015-07-24 23:59:38 UTC
The only rage quit that comes to mind right now, is when I lost a Drake to a level 3 mission because I didn't read up on the triggers for the mission. So I rage quitted over my own stupidity.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#23 - 2015-07-25 00:02:38 UTC
The last time I rage quit was when a full-time miner complained about having to tank and what a detrimental effect that would have on his ISK/hr.

I cancelled my 8 subscriptions!!

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

May Arethusa
Junction Systems
#24 - 2015-07-25 00:08:09 UTC
Someone spoke on Teamspeak, I haven't logged in for two weeks.

It wasn't anything bad, I just don't like people.
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-07-25 00:43:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Telegram Sam
Was moving T2 Inventions BPs, components, tools, etc. once. From around Hek to the border of EC-P8R, an entrance to null. The plan was to set up the inventing operation on the high sec side for income, while mostly guerrilla roaming around Goon space trying to harass things. The last haul involved bringing my low volume stuff (perfectly researched original BPs) and my best PVP ship (loaded-fit Stabber Fleet Issue) to that edge of null spot.

I forgot I was in Estel Arador for a couple of days, to get a jump clone. Marmite had them wardecced, snagged and popped that Stabber Fleet Issue along that high sec route. A year of researched BPOs, etc. in the wreck-- gone. They offered to let me sing in comms to get them back, but reneged on the deal when I said, "Oh yeah, I'll sing. I have a jillion hours of forced karaoke singing practice from living in Japan!" No deal.

I was about to rage/fail quit for about half an hour. Called on my corpies for advice, they said: "Don't worry man, everybody has an embarrassing loss." So here I still am today. Smile
Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2015-07-25 02:46:20 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I've never once rage quit (Quitted?) because of the game.

I have rage quit several times because of my own stupidity. And because I realized that it was my own stupidity rather than the game or the "evil bad people killing me and thus they are lame people" (aka other people just playing the game within the rules of the game), I got better to the point where I don't need to rage quit over my own stupidity (much) any more lol.

From what you post anyone can tell your stupidity is actually getting worse every time you adapt to the new depth of it. Can we expect you to finally quit anytime soon?

About me, I unsubbed about 3 weeks ago due to ship loss issues. With tens of billions in the wallet, losing a cruisers still hurts too much to be tolerated. And since there will always be lazy stupid no-life people who will over-abuse any killing mechanic no matter what, for reasons too stupid to understand without using some substance which will bring me down to their level, instead of playing for fun, they are just going to kill the fun for everybody and then kill eve.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#27 - 2015-07-25 03:01:30 UTC
Telegram Sam wrote:
... Called on my corpies for advice, they said: "Don't worry man, everybody has an embarrassing loss." So here I still am today. Smile
There is a Go proverb, "You only lose if you do not learn."

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#28 - 2015-07-25 03:26:51 UTC
what is this rage you speak of? Worst case is I get bored then do something stupid and decide to pass out after.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#29 - 2015-07-25 03:58:34 UTC
never. the last time i got really mad at eve was when i lost my first carrier and begged the founders of Cry Havoc to let me be. After that i realized it doesn't matter. even my nyx going pop made me just sigh. lol

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#30 - 2015-07-25 04:18:09 UTC
But yeah, for just "ragequit" for like the evening? has never ever come to that, ever. However, I have had to log off to give myself enough time to reassemble my keyboard.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Daerrol
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2015-07-25 07:08:48 UTC
Last two times I played I said "F this" and logged. 1st time we were hunting an Anime Master Vigilant and a TEST Exeq navy who harrassing us on station. Myself and a few others were gung ho to give a go at. We got the Exeq, but couldn't hold tackle on the vigilant.

None of that surprised me but the carebear who was constantly going on about "don't engage them" and "you'll just die" was so irritating I had to quit... Considering we lost a 'ceptor and a T1 fit Condor and killed a 90m ship I'm not sure what his problem was.

Then tonight people rambling on about crap talking over the FC whom I was trying to listen to.

I guess bad comms discipline makes me rage quit?
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#32 - 2015-07-25 07:09:13 UTC
Although I've taken several breaks from the game, I've never ragequitted it. I was about to do it with my first char after losing my first Megathron in my first Level 4... I didn't knew what had gone wrong but I assessed to the best of my knowledge (then) what I didn't liked from the experience and decided to start a different character with another race.

Say, a Khanid female because Teh Cute + Lazorz... Blink

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

flakeys
Doomheim
#33 - 2015-07-25 07:14:57 UTC
Ragequit nope , leaving the game and giving all my assets to friends i did numerous times though.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#34 - 2015-07-25 07:23:40 UTC
Drunkenly derped a SNI back when I was still mission running.
It gave me a sad that lasted over a day, because it was my fault.
I got better.
Not at the game, mind you, I just sobered up.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#35 - 2015-07-25 07:24:15 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Ragequit nope , leaving the game and giving all my assets to friends i did numerous times though.

Same here.
Rage doesn't make me quit. Boredom and lack of time does.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Yuigun Dhrull
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2015-07-25 07:50:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Yuigun Dhrull
I have rage-logged off only twice, both times due to my own stupidity.

1)First time was on my hauling alt. Was transporting a lot of enyos(quite a lot of isk for me back then) for pew in an cargo optimized indy, with no stabs or cloak. Destination was set to my lowsec home system.

I was in a highsec- lowsec border system, and wanted to Dock up and change to something stealthy.

But for whatever reason I was distracted (or not thinking) and just kept following the yellow trail on the overview. I realized this as I am in warp into lowsec, but can't do anything at this point. Besides everything will be fine, what are the odds of the system being camped?

When I land, I have this "Ohhh F^ck moment" when I see all the flashies gatecamping. I keep hoping they leave, but ofc they don't. when i uncloak I barely manage to align before I am in my pod. Was so annoyed by own mistake(I had the stabbed bloacade runner in station and everything) that i logged off for a couple of days.

2) Second time I had bought one of the first jackdaws(80 mill+) and was roaming(fitted for kiting). Was reading up something about missile explosion radius, and forgot to keep an eye on overview.

A neuting algos lands on me, and locks me. completely surprised I panic pushes some buttons, but as I can't pull distance I die with him in hull. After that I also logged off for a day or too, so stupid not to read in station or in a safe position.

When ever I loose my pod(with mid grade pirate implants as i am always space poor), i also usually log of for the evening(but it has nothing to do with rage, I am just very tired all of a sudden and i didn't want that pod anyway :D).
Josef Djugashvilis
#37 - 2015-07-25 08:19:36 UTC
I have never been tempted to rage quit.

I did let one of my two accounts lapse as CCP seem to think that what was good on Monday is bad on Tuesday and vice versa.

It just gets tedious sometimes.

How many 'tweaks' to drones for example in the last two years?

This is not a signature.

Danny Nuttall
Perkone
Caldari State
#38 - 2015-07-25 11:51:27 UTC
yesterday,

i had logged in and my old corp had joined an alliance, i hadnt even realised what that intailed, i set off to go grab a few skillbooks and think 'i'll take my new shiny navy drake that i totally shouldn't be flying'

so im flying through caldari space and spot a load of flashy reds as im on my adventures, i think to myself

'crazy ass pilots flying round with their safeties off lol, mad heads' 'hahah silly pilots.'

half hour goes by and as im about to approch a gate and theres a cute stratos heading my way, 'hmm' i think to myself, 'what a nice site scanning ship', then suddenly alarms start going nuts and im wondering where the rats are that are obviously targeting me, keep in mind ive never done Pvp, so it turns out that the strats is targeting me and i just flap as the sheilds on my drake slowly peel away. i activate shield boosters, try warping away then remember i can lock back duh, so as im half way through my shields im trying to lock her up, i realise im doomed by now and activate self destruct and eject as theres a big bright boom where my drake used to be, i warp the hell out of there and dock in a nearby system with my head firmly up my butt.

i look at the kill mail and think 'how the hell can this happen in high sec? so i mail her and ask 'why did you blow up my ship?' to which she replies 'were at war your alliance and my alliance, you were a red flashy lol, fly safe o7.' then it starts sinking in, my alliance? oh man all those red flashies where war targets and me a PvE wannabe is at war with marmite after playing for a month and still suffering from noob syndrome. Then i get mad like ultra butt hurt mad and log out like it's going to erase all thats just happened, either that or start looking for a chat channel that gives therapy.

after a while i went on youtube and watched videos of players getting ganked and other stuff to cheer me up and then logged back in and pulled my pilot out of the corp until it's sorted out or whatever, but looking back it was pretty funny and im slowly getting over it.

Aka the MatchMaker

pushdogg
relocation LLC.
#39 - 2015-07-25 15:17:00 UTC
When I tried fw, joined up....undocked in hek....install blapped by trigger99. Promptly hopped in my application typhoon to pop his legion to see him in a vindi.....and die. After the fact I realized I had an mjd and could've saved myself the loss.

No more fw.....ever.
Demolishar
United Aggression
#40 - 2015-07-25 17:15:19 UTC
Many years ago. I've learned wisdom since. If you don't enjoy something, why do it repeatedly with the same bad result?