These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New sovereignty mechanics

First post
Author
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#121 - 2015-07-31 07:05:43 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
How long before that scorpion is hot dropped?

You mean to say, there is a counter to the counter? Well Duh. That is the point. Cepters have easy counters as just pointed out (hell if your on a budget, go blackbird).

The point is that if you can't be bothered undocking, you can't be bothered keeping sov. Before fozzie sov, huge sections of sov space was totaly and completely empty. I was getting my pod out of paragon sol, 50 jumps of null and not getting contested even once. But even as empty as it was, taking that sov back was near impossible without a **** ton of dreads+support.

Not now, now you can't have empty unused sov. That is the point. If sov is not worth the undock.. then you don't get to keep sov.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Di Mulle
#122 - 2015-07-31 11:59:45 UTC
Dante Cirrus wrote:
I should first point out from the outset that these thoughts are my own, based on my personal observations, and in no way reflect the thought of the corp or alliance I happen to be a memeber of ...

Why Fozzie soft has totally failed in its goals:

Has Fozzie soft made it easier to claim nullsec space? Yes, if it is completely undefended.

However if it IS defended.. the little guy has no chance still.. he has to try to capture many nodes in systems spread across an entire constellation. If someone should want to hold another system or 3 in that constellation.. Well too bad.. you got to go into that hostile space to claim a system up to 9 jumps away! The small guy has no chance if there is any sort of defence This = fail of the goals stated.

Has Fozzie soft made null sec sov mechanics better? Hell No.. Sov mechanics are now as boring as hell.. chasing nodes with 'ceptors across 10 systems with ZERO pay off if the attacker cannot mount a decent attack is bullshit.. All Fozzie soft has done is to make it possible for a single player to hold an alliance of hundreds or thousands of PLAYERS to ransom for a couple of hours..

Has this improved player content? resoundingly .. NO.. it is no fun to have many pilots on standby "in case" the attackers mean business while 20 interceptors clean up the vomitous nodes that spawn.. NO ONE enjoys this..

Etc etc etc.....


The post contradicts itself in so many ways I find it is hard to decide is it funny or is it deadly boring.
<<Insert some waste of screen space here>>
Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
Droneland Prosperity Initiative
#123 - 2015-07-31 12:17:19 UTC
We had an entosis skirmish that escalated last night.

We started off in sniper Corms as we were entosising an IHUB. We killed a Maulus and jamming interceptor that tried to disrupt our operation. Then Goons escalated and brought a Caracal fleet, a harpy fleet and a mixed bag fleet. We burned back to our staging system and reshipped into Cerbs with Logi looking to try and defend our entosis ships and were doing well till Goons escalated with 2 Titans and a dozen or so carriers.

We still had fun though, no major head on fight but several skirmishes and a few good kills (including t2 cyno fit cruisers).

A few of our guys were complaining about overkill from Goons but if they have Titans and are prepared to throw them on grid fair play IMO. If they'd have stuck with the cruiser and Frig fleets we would have taken the fight but as always with CFC the strategic objective is far more important then any 'good fight'.
Nou Mene
Krypted Gaming
K R Y P T E D
#124 - 2015-07-31 17:21:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Nou Mene
Vol Arm'OOO wrote:

You miss the point. It is not hard to kill a ceptor, just as it is not hard to kill a fw farmer. Its just unfun to do so. Making it mandatory to kill a small, throw away ship, over and over again is the definition of unfun.


i completely lose the point...

First, i want to know whats so interesting to do in your Null Sec that makes hunting ceptors "unfun", i can hardly imagine a DAILY more engaging activity.

Second, as someone pointed, if every entosis link (t1) is around 35m, then every 2 ceptor killed you expect to get 35m on loot. If the problem (during your SHORT vulneravility window) is so acute then is a pretty profitable activity.

Third, you shouldnt be hunting them, if it is in your system. Warp once in an hour (good indexes) to kill the ceptor, there are many options to kill them quite quickly. (HINT: t3d work wonders). If is an empty system, working as intended: the system has no value for you, you should lose it.

Fourth, if the big groups have hundreds or thousands of pilots, just form an anti-ceptor (or similar) group to keep things going, flying light. Pay them if you want. Carebears can keep doing their own stuff. If the "trolling" faction really wants sov, they are going to bring bigger assets, you will have bigger fights.


Finally, all this makes forming an ANTI-CEPTOR MERCENARY CORP (ACMC) [just coining the term] a really tempting idea.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#125 - 2015-08-01 01:52:32 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
... That is the point. If sov is not worth the undock.. ...
The interceptor(s) are not worth the undock / reship.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#126 - 2015-08-01 06:03:34 UTC
Akballah Kassan wrote:
We had an entosis skirmish that escalated last night.

We started off in sniper Corms as we were entosising an IHUB. We killed a Maulus and jamming interceptor that tried to disrupt our operation. Then Goons escalated and brought a Caracal fleet, a harpy fleet and a mixed bag fleet. We burned back to our staging system and reshipped into Cerbs with Logi looking to try and defend our entosis ships and were doing well till Goons escalated with 2 Titans and a dozen or so carriers.

We still had fun though, no major head on fight but several skirmishes and a few good kills (including t2 cyno fit cruisers).

A few of our guys were complaining about overkill from Goons but if they have Titans and are prepared to throw them on grid fair play IMO. If they'd have stuck with the cruiser and Frig fleets we would have taken the fight but as always with CFC the strategic objective is far more important then any 'good fight'.


Good example of those cap fleets some people are saying don't exist in Aegis Sov anymore. Anybody who's not seeing caps while Entosing is simply not Entosing anything worthwhile to cap owners. Sounds like CONDI have figured out how to operate in Aegis Sov.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#127 - 2015-08-01 10:51:11 UTC
The core issue with some people that are complaining about the new sov is that they got to run after the entosis entities. There is a lot of compain about interceptors and some other type of ships. The reality thats not the real problem. You can put thousands of excuses and acuse interceptors of nullify issues etc. But again thats not the issue.

The issue is that most of these alliances are still bent on not giving up systems. So they are stuck with many systems they dont use but they want to hold on to them out of spite. So they end up doing crazy fleet for two to three days mining to raise the index level. Then they abandon the system again and remains empty. They will have hundreads systems like this. A good example is Catch and some regions CFC controls. There a great many systems that are not even habited yet they keep sov out of spite.

What needs to change here is way of thinking. They need to stop claiming sov on those systems that they dont use. This will drastically reduce the entosing. Example the big populated systems in CFC have had no attempt to entosis(besides some obvious attempt to get you to fight). You wonder why? Cos they are heavelly populated. If you look at the systems that are been attacked, they are systems that have either no people or very few people in it. So example CFC needs to stop claiming those systems they dont use and therefore cant defend cos of the absurd amount of timers. This will cause much much less entosis timers. Mittani tried to counter this not by releasing systems but instead they tried to fill them up with renters. It has not worked. The new sov system was created to give greater chance for smaller entities to gain space and force the large ones to realease those systems they dont really use.

Stop blaiming fozzy sov or ships or other mechanics for your inability to hold a system which you obviously cant defend cos its stretches you alliance activities(entosis defence) way too much. Pull back and release those system for other entities the same way that the new sov was meant to be utilised. Dont and suffer the consequences!
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#128 - 2015-08-01 13:27:55 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
... That is the point. If sov is not worth the undock.. ...
The interceptor(s) are not worth the undock / reship.

Again, if it is not worth the undock, you don't get to keep the sov. Working as intended.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#129 - 2015-08-01 17:04:21 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
... That is the point. If sov is not worth the undock.. ...
The interceptor(s) are not worth the undock / reship.

Again, if it is not worth the undock, you don't get to keep the sov. Working as intended.

http://i.imgur.com/SZHGYof.gif

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Pah Cova
Made in Portugal S.A.
#130 - 2015-08-01 18:42:17 UTC
Icycle wrote:
The core issue with some people that are complaining about the new sov is that they got to run after the entosis entities. There is a lot of compain about interceptors and some other type of ships. The reality thats not the real problem. You can put thousands of excuses and acuse interceptors of nullify issues etc. But again thats not the issue.

The issue is that most of these alliances are still bent on not giving up systems. So they are stuck with many systems they dont use but they want to hold on to them out of spite. So they end up doing crazy fleet for two to three days mining to raise the index level. Then they abandon the system again and remains empty. They will have hundreads systems like this. A good example is Catch and some regions CFC controls. There a great many systems that are not even habited yet they keep sov out of spite.


The problem are not running after ceptors or some other ships, the real problem is that small entities just cant hold sov.
Theres too many people in hs that dosent care about sov cta´s and so on, they just want to play their game where they want and when they want. People get tired about cta´s isn´t funny anymore except for those who are in null.

The real problem is, how to bring people from hs to null sec?

Well, much can be said about this, but im my point of view the true power are all in one side and that is not good and healty to the game, whatever the other sides do will not make any difference, in the end they loose, thats the real problem, you can fight them but you cant win, you can win some fights but you cant win the war.
So, if people stay in hs, they have nothing to gain, but of course they have nothing to loose too, pvp they can make it anywhere, hs, null sec or wh but the diference is that they only will do it, when they want and when they can, not when others want them to make it.
If the goal is to make people go into null, this sov mechanic are a complete fail and have made the opposite, people are leaving null and back to hs.
To me it dosent really matter anymore what are CCP going to do, it always ended on the same, people leaving the game and people bored for having nothing to shoot at, make 50 or more jumps just to shoot something, thats why somebody says somewhere in forum that wants some way to get faster on fights... maybe CCP will pesent them with the "move me into system x" some day, after all they bring sleeper loot from wh´s to hs, low sec and null sec, they are going to bring bots to null just for mine (that horrible mining hobby that thounsands of players liked are really bad) just for give some more ressources to the alliances and take it from players.


ISD Buldath
#131 - 2015-08-01 19:13:11 UTC
Quote:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.



You can find the Proper thread for Feedback on Sob mechanics here



Locked.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.