These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New sovereignty mechanics

First post
Author
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#21 - 2015-07-23 13:51:09 UTC
As I've said a few times... give it six months. Cool

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#22 - 2015-07-23 13:57:41 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Rowells wrote:
so, you say you tried to adapt, yet you mention you used the same tactics as before...
pick one
Adapt what?
Who wants to go chase a few interceptors around?
I know I don't. Have been very demotivated since the change and hardly logged on.

Chased around a Moa cepter gang in my solo mega twice and had great fun doing it. Content hasn't been this easy to come by for years.
Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#23 - 2015-07-23 14:01:19 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Chased around a Moa cepter gang in my solo mega twice and had great fun doing it. Content hasn't been this easy to come by for years.

Have you caught any? (let me answer that: no, they are ******* interceptors)

It's great that you are having fun, but you are really easy to entertain. As long as it involves Megathrons, you seem to be happy.
Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
Droneland Prosperity Initiative
#24 - 2015-07-23 14:04:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Akballah Kassan
baltec1 wrote:
Rowells wrote:
so, you say you tried to adapt, yet you mention you used the same tactics as before...
pick one
Adapt what?
I know I don't. Have been very demotivated since the change and hardly logged on.

We also had fun being chased around. We've never seen so much Goon activity in Pure Blind. Surely making Goons start to use this region which until recently was almost completely empty is a good thing and what Fozziesov intended.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2015-07-23 14:07:39 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

It's great that you are having fun, but you are really easy to entertain. As long as it involves Megathrons, you seem to be happy.

Its only a matter of time before I catch one.
Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
Droneland Prosperity Initiative
#26 - 2015-07-23 14:07:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Akballah Kassan
Neuntausend wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I think the difference is he doesn't need to roam in a hundred plus fleet for pvp and have FC make all his decisions for him which as an opponent I respect.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#27 - 2015-07-23 14:13:41 UTC
Akballah Kassan wrote:

I think the difference is he doesn't need to roam in a hundred plus fleet for pvp and have FC make all his decisions for him which as an opponent I respect.

Not like that ever worked on me in the past, I don't even bring the right ship to the fleetBlink
Dante Cirrus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-07-23 14:45:44 UTC
Akballah Kassan wrote:
CFC tears best tears. Adapt or die. Fozziesov working as intended.

Not tears actually.. far from it.. simple boredom from working with fail mechanics.... That's where I am.. I do my DED plexes, I do my "re-entosising" Other than that.. no decent content improvement at all..

Fozzie soft in a nut shell = ;yawn: ... boring
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
Lord of Worlds Alliance
#29 - 2015-07-23 14:45:52 UTC
I flew through Vale two days ago and half the LAWN and BSTN system had zero indices across the board, so if you are not using the space why care if someone comes and takes it?
Jenshae Chiroptera
#30 - 2015-07-23 15:07:54 UTC
Fozzie SOV is such fun!

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2015-07-23 15:38:55 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Akballah Kassan wrote:

Not like that ever worked on me in the past, I don't even bring the right ship to the fleetBlink

FC!! I HAVE DRAKE!!

c/d
Oliver Delorean
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2015-07-23 15:40:34 UTC
They whine cuz they loose space what they don't use.

Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
I flew through Vale two days ago and half the LAWN and BSTN system had zero indices across the board, so if you are not using the space why care if someone comes and takes it?

Exactly!Bear
Jenshae Chiroptera
#33 - 2015-07-23 17:04:21 UTC
I want to amend this.
"Who wants to go chase a few interceptors / their replacements around for the next few years?"

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2015-07-23 17:12:03 UTC  |  Edited by: TigerXtrm
Quote:
We ended up with couple of interceptors capturing nodes around constellaton and hundreds of people sitting in POS and doing nothing.

I think I found your problem...

To add to that: the new system is meant to decide who owns the grid, nothing else. The team that holds the grid holds the node, it's as simple a system as could possibly have been imagined.

The fact that you can't deal with a single interceptor on a node means that you don't have control of the grid and thus don't deserve to own it.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Grorious Reader
Mongorian Horde
#35 - 2015-07-23 17:18:33 UTC
So it's taken 2 pages for this thread to arrive at "entosis links should probably require battleship fitting."
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#36 - 2015-07-23 17:27:11 UTC
Would putting say a 10 ship fleet on every node not work?

Of course, I still don't understand why anybody would let a structure (other than a TCU) get reinforced anyways, when it takes one defender per structure to counter one sov-troll during the window.

I admit, I may not understand the mechanics completely.
Tollen Gallen
Glory of Reprisal Enterprise
#37 - 2015-07-23 17:37:51 UTC
EVE

I like Cheese.

Zimmy Zeta - I f*cking love martinis. the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. Your old Friends can use me for 7 days, free!!!

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#38 - 2015-07-23 17:45:13 UTC
Tollen Gallen wrote:
EVE

I like Cheese.

Don't ever use Photobucket. There is an insane amount of scripts and cookies on that site.
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#39 - 2015-07-23 17:55:59 UTC
How the hell can't you get a single cepter? what is hard about killing cepters? Oh they ran away. Doesn't that link thingy have a max range?

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Vol Arm'OOO
Central Co-Prosperity Union
#40 - 2015-07-23 18:08:56 UTC
Renegade Heart wrote:
Diana Nayli wrote:
We ended up with couple of interceptors capturing nodes around constellaton and hundreds of people sitting in POS and doing nothing

It's almost like you want to be spoonfed fights rather than creatively adapt to the new meta. I'm quite impressed with the nullbears tears these changes have caused.

Awesome job CCP. More nerfs please (to high sec too).

Because whack a mole is fun?

Nobody ever gave two figs for what a couple of frigs did to each other in the backendass of nowhere. Eve has always grown because of the big events such as the br fight which lead to news coverage which lead to new subs. Now, folk say adept, split up your fleets, etc . . . but all that does is lead to boring ass repetitive content, that doesnt allow for people to feel they are part of an event. There has been no spike in no users, or folk returning to the game. Thus Fozziesov has likely already failed.

I don't play, I just fourm warrior.