These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Drifter Incursions

Author
Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#101 - 2015-08-26 02:20:17 UTC
Leonis Perthshire wrote:
If someone could try etnosis one drifter ship and then primary it might be would help.
Becusse when the etnosis thing was discover drifter attack them and if they did that is because they consider it a risk for them.



Yea because I'm sure nobody has tried that yet.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#102 - 2015-08-26 03:11:54 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

most of the incursion community are npc alts from null alliances

Citation required.


you know its true you're just refusing to accept it Cool


That does not mean they are from same null sec block/group and they all like to kiss their overlord ass for pat on a back in 99% of cases when inc groups roam in low sec/null for incursion or plain ol pvp spyes ratted out group for blob overload....

For something like this you need closed group of ppl that want fun not to kiss ass.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#103 - 2015-08-26 09:50:42 UTC
Well drifters incursions are supposed to grow if not tackled. So if no onerunsthem, they willt ake over all high sec and then no more sansha incursions until someone deal with the drifter incursion.

So.. think well.. want to keep your sansha incursion income? deal with the drifter incursion BEFORE it is too large to deal with. LEave that one alive for 6 months and then I will laugh so much as the sansha runners cry all day because there is no more space for sansha incursions to spawn.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#104 - 2015-08-26 12:15:28 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Well drifters incursions are supposed to grow if not tackled. So if no onerunsthem, they willt ake over all high sec and then no more sansha incursions until someone deal with the drifter incursion.

So.. think well.. want to keep your sansha incursion income? deal with the drifter incursion BEFORE it is too large to deal with. LEave that one alive for 6 months and then I will laugh so much as the sansha runners cry all day because there is no more space for sansha incursions to spawn.


What if it grows into Null/Sov instead of Hisec? Will goons just charge them rent?
Anize Oramara
The Arch Dashing Dashers
#105 - 2015-08-26 12:24:14 UTC
Wonder if this will turn into a game of chicken between CCP and the players. See who blinks first.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#106 - 2015-08-26 12:30:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Gimme Sake
Why not make drifter incursions take over/destroy sov structures then expanding to nearby systems when one is overrun? Make them attack everything inside the system, explorers, ratters, miners, Pos, stations etc.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#107 - 2015-08-26 12:40:54 UTC
If the reward for ending a Drifter incursion grew with time, then there'd become a point where it's economical to headshot an incursion to take the payment.

And farming it would be a risky proposition because someone will be tempted to come and take it from you.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#108 - 2015-08-26 14:44:43 UTC
Snagletooth Johnson wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Well drifters incursions are supposed to grow if not tackled. So if no onerunsthem, they willt ake over all high sec and then no more sansha incursions until someone deal with the drifter incursion.

So.. think well.. want to keep your sansha incursion income? deal with the drifter incursion BEFORE it is too large to deal with. LEave that one alive for 6 months and then I will laugh so much as the sansha runners cry all day because there is no more space for sansha incursions to spawn.


What if it grows into Null/Sov instead of Hisec? Will goons just charge them rent?



It will not affect their income as much as it will affect sansha runners. Also high sec is much closer to khanid than goonland :)

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2015-08-26 14:46:33 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:
If the reward for ending a Drifter incursion grew with time, then there'd become a point where it's economical to headshot an incursion to take the payment.

And farming it would be a risky proposition because someone will be tempted to come and take it from you.



Peopel still do nto get it? These incursions are not there to be profitable. They are there to be a MENACE that you CANNOT ignore. BEcause it will make your OTHER activities unprofitable.

Remember, a sansha incursion cannot spawn on a constellation where a system is in the drifter one, and the drifter icnursion is GROWING !!!!! Each day more systems...

In a few months there will be no space for new sansha incursions

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#110 - 2015-08-26 14:49:57 UTC
^ that is awesome

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Aladar Dangerface
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2015-08-26 15:14:45 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Rawketsled wrote:
If the reward for ending a Drifter incursion grew with time, then there'd become a point where it's economical to headshot an incursion to take the payment.

And farming it would be a risky proposition because someone will be tempted to come and take it from you.



Peopel still do nto get it? These incursions are not there to be profitable. They are there to be a MENACE that you CANNOT ignore. BEcause it will make your OTHER activities unprofitable.

Remember, a sansha incursion cannot spawn on a constellation where a system is in the drifter one, and the drifter icnursion is GROWING !!!!! Each day more systems...

In a few months there will be no space for new sansha incursions

God I hope this happens, then they move to low and null, until someone fights back.

We already have to fight each other for space, it would be kinda cool if we had to fight npcs as well.

I don't need twitter. I'm already following you.

Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#112 - 2015-08-27 02:15:33 UTC
I tryed it on sisi with level 5 archon carrier, they will insta kill a carrier in triage:

01:12:56 Combat 299618 from Apollo Tyrannos - Hits
01:13:04 Combat 231027 from Apollo Tyrannos - Hits

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#113 - 2015-08-27 02:28:29 UTC
Spc One wrote:
I tryed it on sisi with level 5 archon carrier, they will insta kill a carrier in triage:

01:12:56 Combat 299618 from Apollo Tyrannos - Hits
01:13:04 Combat 231027 from Apollo Tyrannos - Hits



So far the most viable tactics kind of base around old pvp. fast and cheap ships, spider tanks. Insurance an forbid high end mods. Be ready to re-ship.

With the earnings you get, even with insurance, I might say steer clear of even using a bs unless in the largest sites. Will take planning, that is for sure.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Nami Kumamato
Perkone
Caldari State
#114 - 2015-08-27 08:53:14 UTC
Look to the prophecies - "the hunger of Nothing" will spread across the Universe.
I wonder for how long they can be left unchecked :D

As someone said - let's see who blinks first :D

Fornicate The Constabulary !

Black Pedro
Mine.
#115 - 2015-08-27 08:56:45 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
Spc One wrote:
I tryed it on sisi with level 5 archon carrier, they will insta kill a carrier in triage:

01:12:56 Combat 299618 from Apollo Tyrannos - Hits
01:13:04 Combat 231027 from Apollo Tyrannos - Hits



So far the most viable tactics kind of base around old pvp. fast and cheap ships, spider tanks. Insurance an forbid high end mods. Be ready to re-ship.

With the earnings you get, even with insurance, I might say steer clear of even using a bs unless in the largest sites. Will take planning, that is for sure.

Yup. The new normal.

Didn't everyone say they want new and more challenging PvE? PvE that was more like PvP?

That's what the Drifters are. They are going to regularly explode ships. They are going to change behaviour and be more unpredictable. Even when players figure out a viable strategy, the Drifters are going to adapt.

The incursion farm sun is setting. No more cookie-cutter builds and on rails content. Time for everyone to get on board the new, risker incursion train!
Anize Oramara
The Arch Dashing Dashers
#116 - 2015-08-27 09:51:41 UTC
Am I the only one that remembers the last time CCP tried to get HS people to 'work together' and how hilariously catastrophic that went? If there's not enough reward to motivate the HS population then nothing is going to happen. So long as there are more profitable things to do than drifter incursions the HS people are not going to blink. I have a feeling this is gonna backfire on CCP, again, just like the last time.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Anthar Thebess
#117 - 2015-08-27 10:34:10 UTC
I think that drifter incursions will end up in alpha ships , and hit & run tactics.
We will see.

I hope that CCP will move sansha incursion to low/null only.
Anize Oramara
The Arch Dashing Dashers
#118 - 2015-08-27 10:35:57 UTC
Is there a range limit on the DD weapon on the drifter ships? Maybe CCP wants to promote some kind of 'kiting' doctrine because it's almost never used these days.

Roll

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#119 - 2015-08-27 10:48:56 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Didn't everyone say they want new and more challenging PvE? PvE that was more like PvP?

Hard to call that challanging, it's suicidal. They oneshoot everything.
What is happening with NPC station there? Are they using E-link on them?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Black Pedro
Mine.
#120 - 2015-08-27 10:59:19 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:
Didn't everyone say they want new and more challenging PvE? PvE that was more like PvP?

Hard to call that challanging, it's suicidal. They oneshoot everything.
What is happening with NPC station there? Are they using E-link on them?

Ships are intended to explode in this game. Capsuleers are immortal, you remember? There is no such thing as suicide.

It seems like years of consequence-free PvE content as raised a cohort of players that have forgotten the first rule of Eve - don't fly what you cannot afford to lose.

Incursion runners are now going to lose ships on occasion, even if they do everything correctly. Just go get another one like every other Eve player has to from time-to-time. That, or go back to farming L4s until CCP gets around to revamping those as well.