These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Unscheduled Downtime Extension – July 15, 2015

First post First post First post
Author
Sanjin
Doomheim
#1401 - 2015-07-15 16:13:55 UTC
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Dear CCP,

why not to organize a quick poll about players opinions about the new overview icons NOW?
67+ pages in this thread hints the participation would be massive. in a meantime...


Yeah, now put yourself on the other side of this. Participation, well, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I'm sure they're not actually having coders respond to you, but still. In the FreeBSD world, it's a bit more of a mix, and I can tell you from experience, what we never, ever, want, is for 'feedback.' Well, ok, 1 in a 1000. When someone actually finds a real problem, submits a code fix that you can just agree with and send off an 'oops' commit log, fine... But generally, it's a moron that didn't read the HOWTO or manpage, and is wasting your damned time.

Community participation is best funneled, as CCP has done, to an outlet like this, for venting, where nothing means anything, and more importantly, is never seen by those that should not see it. lol
Mylena Kare
Space Warriors Alliance
#1402 - 2015-07-15 16:14:06 UTC
If you poke it. Does it scream? I you kicked it . Does it moan? If you pushed it. Does it groan? No? It's still dead.Lol
Natya Mebelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1403 - 2015-07-15 16:14:11 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2P4UoRb.gif[/img]


Loving this one c:
And of course, us lowly users are not allowed to post images. Oh well. Maybe it is for the better.

I find it hilarious how so many people are up and about and say "rollback to last patch" or some other oblivious poop as if they'd knew what the matter is. Especially wanna-be developers who obviously stay anonymous say how they would do and have done it sure gets my giggles up. The screams for compensation is just as funny as ever.

A big thanks to the people who push against this lunacy here and who are showing the proper attitude to deal with this problem. Because all we can do is wait anyway, so who cares c: The complains sure will not help the servers go up faster.

Oh and to those who want to write a snarky comment to my post here? Don't bother wasting your time, because I will not look at this topic again c:
Time to cook dinner anyway!
Asyntara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1404 - 2015-07-15 16:14:13 UTC
I for one am dearly missing my daily opportunities to get blown up, kicked, stomped, and podded. My day is just not the same without these precious Eve encounters lol
Jeanne Tivianne
#1405 - 2015-07-15 16:14:13 UTC
Talisker04 wrote:
I agree and understand that CCP has no obligation to compensate their players for these error and the loss of game time. But do think as a good will gesture, they should offer some form of compensation. If only to prove they do care how their customers feel.


You don't get jack for 5 extra hours of downtime. Try again in 3 days.
Zygoma Alaskana
Red Dwarf Mining Corporation
space weaponry and trade
#1406 - 2015-07-15 16:14:14 UTC
Let's see......Eve is under repair.....Dust is similarly fouled with battlefield grit (should'a been using Uzis, methinks.... World of Tanks is currently instituting a patch (I've never understood why a 2MB patch requires a 1.8GB download to apply, but to me "software" is exemplified by "Fruit of the Loom").
So I've got Silent Hunter III, at least. No on-line multiplayer, but the AI is pretty smart and I as often as not end up well below my U-boot's test depth with all crewmembers bright red. But it *works* :)

OTOH, if everyone knew how to detect the need for patches and possessed the knowledge to institute it/them, why would we be spending $14/mo USD to let someone else fix this stuff?

And yes, I'm still a loyal Ever (Evist? Evener?). Enough to have been the oldest player at the Reykjavik Fanfest in 2011. I like to think of the time spent waiting for updates & patches to be installed and become functional as just something to do until I die....
Sorta like using a traditional pit viper-style snakebite kit for a coral snake bite :)

73 de kl7hny/4
Andy Hardie
Wormhole Sterilization Crew
What Could Possibly Go Wr0ng
#1407 - 2015-07-15 16:14:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Andy Hardie
Sucks! Fix it soon please ;p
Zork100
Space Wizards.
Tactical Narcotics Team
#1408 - 2015-07-15 16:14:28 UTC
CCP Disaster Recovery Plan is as follows:

Don't Fail, we cannot go back.
jin ko82
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1409 - 2015-07-15 16:14:35 UTC
pathetic
Just Another
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1410 - 2015-07-15 16:14:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Just Another
Callum Ijonen wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Callum Ijonen wrote:

Quote:

So yes, as is, CCP is still well within the legal agreement you (and everyone else) made with them. If you dislike this, I'd recommend either cancelling your account (and EULA agreement), or traveling to Iceland to attempt to contest the EULA in the appropriate legal venue. If you choose the latter, good luck with that.


Then it's a good thing EULA doesn't apply to people living in Britain.



Yeeeah, about that. If you feel that the EULA doesn't "apply" to you, then your access of CCP services is against the law and you can get in quite a bit of trouble.

Access to Eve is dependant on agreement with the End User License Agreement. If you don't agree to be bound by the EULA, or for some reason cannot be bound by it, then accessing CCP systems is against the law.


Anyway, if, for some magic reason The EULA ACTUALLY didn't bind people in Britain, then CCP would be well within their rights (and likely would be) blocking all connections from, and business with British subjects.


No, because they still have their terms of service. They can't enforce the EULA in England. And I think if companies started blocking people in England because their EULA isn't legally binding here then there would be a massive shitstorm, considering the UK has one of the biggest gaming industries going right now.

Nobody in their right mind would block connections from England. That's just a stupid idea.






If you truly believe that the EULA does not apply to you simply because you are in the UK, then you probably also think that ISIS is a friendly group of people .... You seem to forget that anytime you enter into an agreement with a company, it becomes legally binding, even in the UK.
Conrad Cadelanne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1411 - 2015-07-15 16:14:44 UTC
LTC Vuvovich
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#1412 - 2015-07-15 16:14:48 UTC
Violet Solaire wrote:
so should i give up and go to sleep?
been waiting for hours


yep... definitely time for Wapner
Illiander Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1413 - 2015-07-15 16:14:50 UTC
Agent Unknown wrote:
Callum Ijonen wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Callum Ijonen wrote:

Quote:

So yes, as is, CCP is still well within the legal agreement you (and everyone else) made with them. If you dislike this, I'd recommend either cancelling your account (and EULA agreement), or traveling to Iceland to attempt to contest the EULA in the appropriate legal venue. If you choose the latter, good luck with that.


Then it's a good thing EULA doesn't apply to people living in Britain.



Yeeeah, about that. If you feel that the EULA doesn't "apply" to you, then your access of CCP services is against the law and you can get in quite a bit of trouble.

Access to Eve is dependant on agreement with the End User License Agreement. If you don't agree to be bound by the EULA, or for some reason cannot be bound by it, then accessing CCP systems is against the law.


Anyway, if, for some magic reason The EULA ACTUALLY didn't bind people in Britain, then CCP would be well within their rights (and likely would be) blocking all connections from, and business with British subjects.


No, because they still have their terms of service. They can't enforce the EULA in England. And I think if companies started blocking people in England because their EULA isn't legally binding here then there would be a massive shitstorm, considering the UK has one of the biggest gaming industries going right now.

Nobody in their right mind would block connections from England. That's just a stupid idea.


For further irony points: the servers are in London.


Father Irony:

UK != England, as real-world politics is making abundantly clear atm.
Liam Oliphants
Doomheim
#1414 - 2015-07-15 16:14:54 UTC
Lemon Verbena wrote:
Aloeus Dark wrote:
Can i play? Straight



Of course :)


The drinking game. You pretty much drink whenever someone makes a post at this point. Except for people who are also playing the drinking game.
llyriah
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1415 - 2015-07-15 16:14:58 UTC
I'm drinking Tecate. What are you drinking?
Big Lynx
#1416 - 2015-07-15 16:15:01 UTC
Gimme Sake wrote:
Violet Solaire wrote:
so should i give up and go to sleep?
been waiting for hours



Seen this thread starting, took a nap, woke up, fed the cat, fet myself, returned and found the thread still going.


it has mutated to a threadnaught already
Lt Motion
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#1417 - 2015-07-15 16:15:03 UTC
Wow this is getting quite bad now. Imagine what it must look like inside the CCP office
Retfird Rats
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1418 - 2015-07-15 16:15:05 UTC
I just hope EVE is back online by the time I get off work.
Only 6 hours of work left.
Better get it together CCP. Blink
Helzrazor Merkur
Federated Commerce and Trade
#1419 - 2015-07-15 16:15:40 UTC
Talisker04 wrote:
I agree and understand that CCP has no obligation to compensate their players for these error and the loss of game time. But do think as a good will gesture, they should offer some form of compensation. If only to prove they do care how their customers feel.


"feelings" are totally overrated
Jeanne Tivianne
#1420 - 2015-07-15 16:15:42 UTC
Natya Mebelle wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2P4UoRb.gif[/img]


Loving this one c:
And of course, us lowly users are not allowed to post images. Oh well. Maybe it is for the better.

I find it hilarious how so many people are up and about and say "rollback to last patch" or some other oblivious poop as if they'd knew what the matter is. Especially wanna-be developers who obviously stay anonymous say how they would do and have done it sure gets my giggles up. The screams for compensation is just as funny as ever.

A big thanks to the people who push against this lunacy here and who are showing the proper attitude to deal with this problem. Because all we can do is wait anyway, so who cares c: The complains sure will not help the servers go up faster.

Oh and to those who want to write a snarky comment to my post here? Don't bother wasting your time, because I will not look at this topic again c:
Time to cook dinner anyway!


What are we having?