These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

HighSec Ganking and Appropriate Punishment

Author
Don Purple
aWayWard Inc.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#101 - 2015-07-18 04:29:39 UTC
I feel like I hit the lottery on my first click of the day. I hope you guys are recruiting.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#102 - 2015-07-18 04:57:46 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Capt Starfox wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Captain obvious.... er Starfox

I did take them on the out gate. I think I mentioned I was in an enyo? There are a lot of HP to chew through. It could just crawl back to the gate and jump while I worked on it w/out bumping.

As to the other things. Our opinions differ. I can agree to disagree and leave it at that. We could both spend hours here w/ point and counter point, make up examples and justify anything. This isn't what I would call a new argument in eve.

OP - way wrong to the point where his ideas would break eve

Me - the perfect balance that would end in eve nirvana for all (google "perfection" you'll see my portrait and life story)

You - Well, puppies grow up, learn their manners and eventually behave like they are suposed to (I'm patient, you'll get there)




So you didn't fit a web on your Enyo, why? Prop, scram, web.



if it was fit for killing mission bears it was likely active tanked with a cap booster and a neut in the spare


You're right, I completely forgot about the cap booster fit.

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#103 - 2015-07-18 05:25:27 UTC
Don Purple wrote:
I feel like I hit the lottery on my first click of the day. I hope you guys are recruiting.

I would recruit you Don Blink

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Don Purple
aWayWard Inc.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#104 - 2015-07-18 08:04:39 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Don Purple wrote:
I feel like I hit the lottery on my first click of the day. I hope you guys are recruiting.

I would recruit you Don Blink

<3

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#105 - 2015-07-18 09:03:50 UTC
Don, how are the goon snuggles?

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Jen Galt
Nophux Togive
#106 - 2015-07-18 16:04:03 UTC
Silent Renegade wrote:


The simple fact is CODE and similar HighSec Space Gankers are just low-life bullies; no better and no different to the low-life that creates a false account on Face Book to bully someone online from their school or work place.


I know I shouldn't feed the trolls....but the above quote struck a nerve with me.

I'm a hisec ganker. I'm not, nor have I ever been affiliated with CODE. Your opinion is that I'm a bully, yet you say it is a simple fact. This is a contradiction, and pretty much discredits anything else you have to say.

My main character is a miner. I actually love mining. How many other miner gankers will say that? I gank with this character because it's fun. I enjoy the hunting, the scouting, the situational awareness, and certainly I enjoy the gank and the escape. On my mining sets of characters I've been ganked before -- it's not cheating, and what I'm doing is not retribution. It's game mechanics.

In addition, I'm the complete opposite of a bully in real life. I certainly don't waste my time creating fake facebook pages - that's a petty thing to do.

It took me about a year of playing EVE as a miner to realize that there are a LOT of different aspect to this game. The thrill of creating a character and ganking others to try to get her security rating to -10 is simply one of those ways!

Others I'm sure have said this, but if the OP wants to be safe and secure - don't undock. This is a PvP-first game, and the sooner you realize that, the more fun you can have with it.
Noobshot Elongur
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#107 - 2015-07-18 22:57:44 UTC
Faylee Freir wrote:
I don't think this guy knows we're playing EVE Online.



Ayyyeeee-men to that. By the way, I would like to state that I love CODE. They give me reasons to sell retrievers to people who do not know that AFK mining is very bad practice to be in.... and not paying attention to local.... not being aligned to station...etc. etc.

Lady Areola Fappington
#108 - 2015-07-19 01:40:57 UTC
Jen Galt wrote:
Silent Renegade wrote:


The simple fact is CODE and similar HighSec Space Gankers are just low-life bullies; no better and no different to the low-life that creates a false account on Face Book to bully someone online from their school or work place.


I know I shouldn't feed the trolls....but the above quote struck a nerve with me.

I'm a hisec ganker. I'm not, nor have I ever been affiliated with CODE. Your opinion is that I'm a bully, yet you say it is a simple fact. This is a contradiction, and pretty much discredits anything else you have to say.

My main character is a miner. I actually love mining. How many other miner gankers will say that? I gank with this character because it's fun. I enjoy the hunting, the scouting, the situational awareness, and certainly I enjoy the gank and the escape. On my mining sets of characters I've been ganked before -- it's not cheating, and what I'm doing is not retribution. It's game mechanics.

In addition, I'm the complete opposite of a bully in real life. I certainly don't waste my time creating fake facebook pages - that's a petty thing to do.

It took me about a year of playing EVE as a miner to realize that there are a LOT of different aspect to this game. The thrill of creating a character and ganking others to try to get her security rating to -10 is simply one of those ways!

Others I'm sure have said this, but if the OP wants to be safe and secure - don't undock. This is a PvP-first game, and the sooner you realize that, the more fun you can have with it.


You know, it's funny in a way. Every ganker/pirate type I've run into tends to be the nicest, most accepting, and friendly people, once they take a step away from Eve. I've met ganker firemen, police officers, EMTs, nurses (I'm one of these!), doctors.....you name it, there's a ton of good people ganking spaceships.


Now, for the flipside, the worst people I've met in Eve fall squarely into the carebear group. The nasty, emotionally ugly, mean, downright bullies with no people skills at all types.

Who'd have thunk it, nice people who can tell the diff between RL and game want to play the game in a way that generates more player to player interaction and conflict. The one's who can't cope with functioning in a social setting want the game solo-ified.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Bellatrix Invicta
Doomheim
#109 - 2015-07-19 02:17:26 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Jen Galt wrote:
Silent Renegade wrote:


The simple fact is CODE and similar HighSec Space Gankers are just low-life bullies; no better and no different to the low-life that creates a false account on Face Book to bully someone online from their school or work place.


I know I shouldn't feed the trolls....but the above quote struck a nerve with me.

I'm a hisec ganker. I'm not, nor have I ever been affiliated with CODE. Your opinion is that I'm a bully, yet you say it is a simple fact. This is a contradiction, and pretty much discredits anything else you have to say.

My main character is a miner. I actually love mining. How many other miner gankers will say that? I gank with this character because it's fun. I enjoy the hunting, the scouting, the situational awareness, and certainly I enjoy the gank and the escape. On my mining sets of characters I've been ganked before -- it's not cheating, and what I'm doing is not retribution. It's game mechanics.

In addition, I'm the complete opposite of a bully in real life. I certainly don't waste my time creating fake facebook pages - that's a petty thing to do.

It took me about a year of playing EVE as a miner to realize that there are a LOT of different aspect to this game. The thrill of creating a character and ganking others to try to get her security rating to -10 is simply one of those ways!

Others I'm sure have said this, but if the OP wants to be safe and secure - don't undock. This is a PvP-first game, and the sooner you realize that, the more fun you can have with it.


You know, it's funny in a way. Every ganker/pirate type I've run into tends to be the nicest, most accepting, and friendly people, once they take a step away from Eve. I've met ganker firemen, police officers, EMTs, nurses (I'm one of these!), doctors.....you name it, there's a ton of good people ganking spaceships.


Now, for the flipside, the worst people I've met in Eve fall squarely into the carebear group. The nasty, emotionally ugly, mean, downright bullies with no people skills at all types.

Who'd have thunk it, nice people who can tell the diff between RL and game want to play the game in a way that generates more player to player interaction and conflict. The one's who can't cope with functioning in a social setting want the game solo-ified.


And this right here, this is why we do what we do.

If you think you've won, think again.

The CODE always wins.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#110 - 2015-07-19 02:51:36 UTC
Bellatrix Invicta wrote:

And this right here, this is why we do what we do.

I thought it was because you were Hitler Blink

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Taunrich Kaufmann
Hykkota-Kaufmann Foundaries LLC
#111 - 2015-07-19 04:22:00 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Bellatrix Invicta wrote:

And this right here, this is why we do what we do.

I thought it was because you were Hitler Blink

He's on to you!
Avi Shekelstien
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#112 - 2015-07-19 09:47:56 UTC
Mark O'Helm wrote:
Tldr

Not long enough, didn't scan for relevant points to digest in further detail.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#113 - 2015-07-19 14:12:28 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Jen Galt wrote:
Silent Renegade wrote:


The simple fact is CODE and similar HighSec Space Gankers are just low-life bullies; no better and no different to the low-life that creates a false account on Face Book to bully someone online from their school or work place.


I know I shouldn't feed the trolls....but the above quote struck a nerve with me.

I'm a hisec ganker. I'm not, nor have I ever been affiliated with CODE. Your opinion is that I'm a bully, yet you say it is a simple fact. This is a contradiction, and pretty much discredits anything else you have to say.

My main character is a miner. I actually love mining. How many other miner gankers will say that? I gank with this character because it's fun. I enjoy the hunting, the scouting, the situational awareness, and certainly I enjoy the gank and the escape. On my mining sets of characters I've been ganked before -- it's not cheating, and what I'm doing is not retribution. It's game mechanics.

In addition, I'm the complete opposite of a bully in real life. I certainly don't waste my time creating fake facebook pages - that's a petty thing to do.

It took me about a year of playing EVE as a miner to realize that there are a LOT of different aspect to this game. The thrill of creating a character and ganking others to try to get her security rating to -10 is simply one of those ways!

Others I'm sure have said this, but if the OP wants to be safe and secure - don't undock. This is a PvP-first game, and the sooner you realize that, the more fun you can have with it.


You know, it's funny in a way. Every ganker/pirate type I've run into tends to be the nicest, most accepting, and friendly people, once they take a step away from Eve. I've met ganker firemen, police officers, EMTs, nurses (I'm one of these!), doctors.....you name it, there's a ton of good people ganking spaceships.


Now, for the flipside, the worst people I've met in Eve fall squarely into the carebear group. The nasty, emotionally ugly, mean, downright bullies with no people skills at all types.

Who'd have thunk it, nice people who can tell the diff between RL and game want to play the game in a way that generates more player to player interaction and conflict. The one's who can't cope with functioning in a social setting want the game solo-ified.


So why is is that the nice kind caring people you mention always go on about collecting buckets full of tears and make a big thing about that part of the game.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Bellatrix Invicta
Doomheim
#114 - 2015-07-19 14:42:48 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Jen Galt wrote:
Silent Renegade wrote:


The simple fact is CODE and similar HighSec Space Gankers are just low-life bullies; no better and no different to the low-life that creates a false account on Face Book to bully someone online from their school or work place.


I know I shouldn't feed the trolls....but the above quote struck a nerve with me.

I'm a hisec ganker. I'm not, nor have I ever been affiliated with CODE. Your opinion is that I'm a bully, yet you say it is a simple fact. This is a contradiction, and pretty much discredits anything else you have to say.

My main character is a miner. I actually love mining. How many other miner gankers will say that? I gank with this character because it's fun. I enjoy the hunting, the scouting, the situational awareness, and certainly I enjoy the gank and the escape. On my mining sets of characters I've been ganked before -- it's not cheating, and what I'm doing is not retribution. It's game mechanics.

In addition, I'm the complete opposite of a bully in real life. I certainly don't waste my time creating fake facebook pages - that's a petty thing to do.

It took me about a year of playing EVE as a miner to realize that there are a LOT of different aspect to this game. The thrill of creating a character and ganking others to try to get her security rating to -10 is simply one of those ways!

Others I'm sure have said this, but if the OP wants to be safe and secure - don't undock. This is a PvP-first game, and the sooner you realize that, the more fun you can have with it.


You know, it's funny in a way. Every ganker/pirate type I've run into tends to be the nicest, most accepting, and friendly people, once they take a step away from Eve. I've met ganker firemen, police officers, EMTs, nurses (I'm one of these!), doctors.....you name it, there's a ton of good people ganking spaceships.


Now, for the flipside, the worst people I've met in Eve fall squarely into the carebear group. The nasty, emotionally ugly, mean, downright bullies with no people skills at all types.

Who'd have thunk it, nice people who can tell the diff between RL and game want to play the game in a way that generates more player to player interaction and conflict. The one's who can't cope with functioning in a social setting want the game solo-ified.


So why is is that the nice kind caring people you mention always go on about collecting buckets full of tears and make a big thing about that part of the game.


Because bears like you keep giving them to us; most of the time we don't even ask for tears. They are given to us, in gratis.

If you think you've won, think again.

The CODE always wins.

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#115 - 2015-07-19 14:44:19 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
So why is is that the nice kind caring people you mention always go on about collecting buckets full of tears and make a big thing about that part of the game.


You are trolling here, right? Or do you really believe all gankers are nasty people that never help anyone? I don't even want to bite on this bait. What?
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#116 - 2015-07-19 16:29:53 UTC
Bellatrix Invicta wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:


So why is is that the nice kind caring people you mention always go on about collecting buckets full of tears and make a big thing about that part of the game.


Because bears like you keep giving them to us; most of the time we don't even ask for tears. They are given to us, in gratis.


How to not answer the question.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#117 - 2015-07-19 16:37:50 UTC
Renegade Heart wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
So why is is that the nice kind caring people you mention always go on about collecting buckets full of tears and make a big thing about that part of the game.


You are trolling here, right? Or do you really believe all gankers are nasty people that never help anyone? I don't even want to bite on this bait. What?


That's your suggestion, not mine, I have been gaming since the early 80's, I have come across a lot of people who like dominating others, its normal competitive play, but its the next step on from that which I find kinda odd. I have my own ideas on that, but its not for consumption on these forums.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#118 - 2015-07-19 16:48:24 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Renegade Heart wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
So why is is that the nice kind caring people you mention always go on about collecting buckets full of tears and make a big thing about that part of the game.


You are trolling here, right? Or do you really believe all gankers are nasty people that never help anyone? I don't even want to bite on this bait. What?


That's your suggestion, not mine, I have been gaming since the early 80's, I have come across a lot of people who like dominating others, its normal competitive play, but its the next step on from that which I find kinda odd. I have my own ideas on that, but its not for consumption on these forums.


It's something which could be implied by your posturing. If you want to wind up nice gankers like me, then that's exactly the kind of way to go about it, but I see through you.

If you want to try and anger nice gankers like me, then go ahead, but I'm not intending to argue about this!
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#119 - 2015-07-19 17:00:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Renegade Heart wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Renegade Heart wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
So why is is that the nice kind caring people you mention always go on about collecting buckets full of tears and make a big thing about that part of the game.


You are trolling here, right? Or do you really believe all gankers are nasty people that never help anyone? I don't even want to bite on this bait. What?


That's your suggestion, not mine, I have been gaming since the early 80's, I have come across a lot of people who like dominating others, its normal competitive play, but its the next step on from that which I find kinda odd. I have my own ideas on that, but its not for consumption on these forums.


It's something which could be implied by your posturing. If you want to wind up nice gankers like me, then that's exactly the kind of way to go about it, but I see through you.

If you want to try and anger nice gankers like me, then go ahead, but I'm not intending to argue about this!


Well that was your suggestion and not mine, so you are winding yourself up. I was simply asking why, as I said I have my own view of why, but its certainly not what you are suggesting. As for getting you angry, I don't care one iota for your feelings, does that help?

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#120 - 2015-07-19 17:08:05 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Renegade Heart wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Renegade Heart wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
So why is is that the nice kind caring people you mention always go on about collecting buckets full of tears and make a big thing about that part of the game.


You are trolling here, right? Or do you really believe all gankers are nasty people that never help anyone? I don't even want to bite on this bait. What?


That's your suggestion, not mine, I have been gaming since the early 80's, I have come across a lot of people who like dominating others, its normal competitive play, but its the next step on from that which I find kinda odd. I have my own ideas on that, but its not for consumption on these forums.


It's something which could be implied by your posturing. If you want to wind up nice gankers like me, then that's exactly the kind of way to go about it, but I see through you.

If you want to try and anger nice gankers like me, then go ahead, but I'm not intending to argue about this!


Well that was your suggestion and not mine, so you are winding yourself up. I was simply asking why, as I said I have my own view of why, but its certainly not what you are suggesting. As for getting you angry, I don't care one iota for your feelings, does that help?


Come back and debate with me when your reading skills improve. Debate over!