These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Lets have a Mining Revamp Devs!?

Author
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#41 - 2015-07-15 05:23:48 UTC
Citizens

Before we can improve mining we first have to improve the miner, and we are working on that 23.5/7. We will come back to you once we feel that all miners are in a state where they can handle such a change.

Donations to speed up the process are always welcome and can be sent directly to James 315 or to a New Order Agent of your liking.

Agent Ima Wreckyou
New Order mining overseer for Abudban and it's surroundings.
Kiddoomer
The Red Sequence
#42 - 2015-07-15 08:35:02 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Citizens

Before we can improve mining we first have to improve the miner, and we are working on that 23.5/7. We will come back to you once we feel that all miners are in a state where they can handle such a change.

Donations to speed up the process are always welcome and can be sent directly to James 315 or to a New Order Agent of your liking.

Agent Ima Wreckyou

Meh, a good bunch of the miners don't even care about losing their ships or use Skiff, the other half mine at the keyboard with efficient ships and get annoyed by you most of the time (I can relate to this, ganked once, learned for life to use a mackinaw aligned with higgs).

In the name of Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen : “Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.”

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#43 - 2015-07-15 08:37:17 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Citizens

Agent Ima Wreckyou

i shall donate some catalysts for tears just for fun because im good like that Big smile

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#44 - 2015-07-15 08:55:23 UTC
Perhaps CCP should try replicating the "multi-box" experience for solo miners to make it more engaging. Instead of having 2 turrets, make it 6 (with less yield, of course). Miners will be required to strategise their mining lasers in order to avoid dead cycles.
Kiddoomer
The Red Sequence
#45 - 2015-07-15 09:42:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiddoomer
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Perhaps CCP should try replicating the "multi-box" experience for solo miners to make it more engaging. Instead of having 2 turrets, make it 6 (with less yield, of course). Miners will be required to strategise their mining lasers in order to avoid dead cycles.

Not sure about that, if the yield would became divided in 6 or more turrets, the yield of a individual turret will be so low that a dead cycle will be limited to a small amount, a longer cycle time could do the trick maybe.

But why not for the first sentence, a sort of small mining carrier able to use some fighter sized mining drones could be neat for a end to the mining profession.

In the name of Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen : “Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.”

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2015-07-15 10:55:09 UTC
Kiddoomer wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Citizens

Agent Ima Wreckyou

Meh, a good bunch of the miners don't even care about losing their ships or use Skiff, the other half mine at the keyboard with efficient ships and get annoyed by you most of the time (I can relate to this, ganked once, learned for life to use a mackinaw aligned with higgs).

lol mackinaw

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2015-07-15 10:57:10 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Citizens

Agent Ima Wreckyou

You people made the situation worse, not better.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Babooshka MyShushka
Doomheim
#48 - 2015-07-15 11:28:19 UTC
I enjoy mining, it's something I can do that doesn't require my constant attention. It's a more relaxing way to earn isk. If I wanted action I'd do missions.
erg cz
Black Eagle5
Villore Accords
#49 - 2015-07-15 11:33:17 UTC
Apart from numerous simple (and stupid, IMHO) suggestions like buff yield of lazers, mining drones, ships or rorquals, I like those completely new approaches. They ensure more effective mining through pilot activity, not through plain "more m3 per hour cause I have bigger ship/laser"
Comet mining: fast movable mineable objects, that need to be scanned down, reqiure manually piloting to stay close and avoid toxic cloud

Mining probes and planet ring mining: probe down the proper place in planet ring, where you can mine, requires manually piloting to avoid collision with random moving piece of rock.

Multi Ore, Multi Methods: asteroids change during the process of mining it, requires manual adjusting of minig beam to ensure reasonable efficiency of mining laser, you can follow veins, etc
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#50 - 2015-07-15 11:40:56 UTC
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Citizens

Agent Ima Wreckyou

It's a work in progress...
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#51 - 2015-07-15 11:45:03 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Citizens

Agent Ima Wreckyou

The way I look at it, every miner that ends up in a Procurer is one more miner that has at least made the conscious decision to not do the stupid thing.

Baby steps, man. You have to understand that these people are not used to any kind of decision involving actual gameplay. You gotta ease 'em into it, like a latex gimp suit.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kestral Anneto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#52 - 2015-07-15 11:52:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Kestral Anneto
seriously CODE, please just leave the thread, we all know you all would be happier if nothing was player made and it all just magically spawned out of no where, like every other game out there.
We are talking about wanting to revamp mining as a whole, not just in highsec, so please, if you are not going to actively contribute, then please just leave and let other people with actual imput to the topic at hand have a decent and rational conversation.

EDIT:- Lets get back on topic here, this isn't about using procurers or skiffs in highsec, or CODE's circle jerking.
Kiddoomer
The Red Sequence
#53 - 2015-07-15 11:52:12 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Citizens

Agent Ima Wreckyou

The way I look at it, every miner that ends up in a Procurer is one more miner that has at least made the conscious decision to not do the stupid thing.

Baby steps, man. You have to understand that these people are not used to any kind of decision involving actual gameplay. You gotta ease 'em into it, like a latex gimp suit.

Huh, a miner who chose to fly in a procurer in highsec after a gank is a miner who lost against Code. , not the other way around. A industrialist will always need to choose the best tool for the job, the procurer/skiff being for beginners or nullsec/wormhole solo.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#54 - 2015-07-15 12:00:03 UTC
Kestral Anneto wrote:
seriously CODE, please just leave the thread, we all know you all would be happier if nothing was player made and it all just magically spawned out of no where, like every other game out there.

That's not true at all, I personally take great delight in the player controlled economy. Many of the more dedicated and successful industrial players I know back CODE, what's more.

Quote:

EDIT:- Lets get back on topic here, this isn't about using procurers or skiffs in highsec, or CODE's circle jerking.

Making an entire post about us sure doesn't help your case. It's not a circle jerk if other people keep insisting on joining in. Then it's just an impromptu orgy.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Keno Skir
#55 - 2015-07-15 12:00:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
I agree whole heartedly.

Mining should be updated so it's impossible to AFK it, that is all.

EDIT : The previous posters are correct. If you actually know how to mine / do industry safely then it is in your best interest to support CODE, who will inflate mineral value by preying on the stupid / uneducated.
Kestral Anneto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#56 - 2015-07-15 12:04:19 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kestral Anneto wrote:

That's not true at all, I personally take great delight in the player controlled economy. Many of the more dedicated and successful industrial players I know back CODE, what's more.

Quote:

Making an entire post about us sure doesn't help your case. It's not a circle jerk if other people keep insisting on joining in. Then it's just an impromptu orgy.

I call BS, if that was true, why go after miners then? because without miners nothing gets made, AFK miners are a problem, agreed, but one that should be sorted out with a revamp to mining, not ganking them in highsec and acting like your the best.

My post was a response to about 5 CODE people coming in and completely derailing the thread, so with that said, can we PLEASE, get back on topic here, and talk about what changes should happen to mining.
Keno Skir
#57 - 2015-07-15 12:05:53 UTC
Without miners people get ore from mission loot.. Jus sayin...
Kestral Anneto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#58 - 2015-07-15 12:08:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Kestral Anneto
Keno Skir wrote:
Without miners people get ore from mission loot.. Jus sayin...

Scale and sheer volume, how many mission would you have to run to get enough ore to build a battleship, or a carrier?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#59 - 2015-07-15 12:16:21 UTC
Kestral Anneto wrote:

I call BS, if that was true, why go after miners then?

You really can't think of a reason?

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kestral Anneto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#60 - 2015-07-15 12:21:36 UTC
not really, whats it matter to you how someone else plays the game? they are doing a vital service that keeps the game turning.
I mine everything, gas, ore and ice. I also do PvP, who cares how i play? why dont you CODE people mind your own crap and stay out of how other people play?