These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Every MMO is first a solo game.

First post
Author
Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#161 - 2015-07-13 18:20:19 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
If I an thousands of other players can deal with the unwanted attentions of other players who have just as much freedom as we do, you can too, or you can go to the safety of high sec and run lvl 4 missions and Scout Incursions with your friends. You cannot have both.


Then numbers of casual players will continue to decline, you are not a casual player, I am except when I decide to be a pain in the butt for someone. The issue is that we have a large segment of players in this game that mainly play other games until they have a chance to kill someone doing something in Eve, they then do that and then log out again. Ping ping ping...

As for me the decline in numbers means that the small gang stuff in sub-caps may be possible again in certain areas, I am watching these areas very carefully, if it continues like this then I will be having some fun in null again, but as for doing PvE its only empty system time now if I do.



Where is you source for these large numbers? And how did you collect this data?

I
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#162 - 2015-07-13 18:32:57 UTC
Hir Miriel wrote:
The foundation of every MMO is solo play.

But what tends to happen is people see Multiplayer and assume that everyone wants to form gangs.

It's absolutely not true.

Lol.

Even in vanilla WoW and TBC you were way better off playing in a decent group. In the open world.

Remove standings and insurance.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#163 - 2015-07-13 18:36:26 UTC
Baaldor wrote:

Where is you source for these large numbers?


His ass.

Oh, wait no, I remember. Dracvlad gets his sources from anecdotes being told on the Star Citizen forums, by people who don't even play EVE.

I wish I was kidding.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#164 - 2015-07-13 18:47:14 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Baaldor wrote:

Where is you source for these large numbers?


His ass.

Oh, wait no, I remember. Dracvlad gets his sources from anecdotes being told on the Star Citizen forums, by people who don't even play EVE.

I wish I was kidding.


Oh I know,

I am waiting for his/her/it's response.

this should be good.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#165 - 2015-07-13 19:16:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenn aSide wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
I am tempted to give it a go again, but it just annoys me that those lame players now have an instant I win, a curse with a Heavy Dark Blood neut was death for me...
"Lame Players".......Expand on this.
Allow me... "Lame players" are players who, despite playing the game within it's rules, are players who play the game in such a way as to upset someone who, for some reason, thinks they should be left alone in an MMO. Even in null sec.
Do you like defending the exploitation of weak game design because you particularly enjoy abusing it or because you like being a devil's advocate / argumentative?

P.S. It is possible to make a Curse that can vamp or neut as far out as 99km

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#166 - 2015-07-13 19:23:15 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
I am tempted to give it a go again, but it just annoys me that those lame players now have an instant I win, a curse with a Heavy Dark Blood neut was death for me...
"Lame Players".......Expand on this.
Allow me... "Lame players" are players who, despite playing the game within it's rules, are players who play the game in such a way as to upset someone who, for some reason, thinks they should be left alone in an MMO. Even in null sec.
Do you like defending the exploitation of weak game design because you particularly enjoy abusing it or because you like being a devil's advocate / argumentative?


Option C: Because it's not weak game design, it's just game design (ie "the way it is, so adapt to it and move on") and if you don't like it, I hear Star Citizen is coming out sometime in the 21st century.

I don't even own a blops any more, and when I did I used that Panther to transport loot after the Jump Range nerf, not for dropping lol.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#167 - 2015-07-13 19:36:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Baaldor wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Baaldor wrote:

Where is you source for these large numbers?


His ass.

Oh, wait no, I remember. Dracvlad gets his sources from anecdotes being told on the Star Citizen forums, by people who don't even play EVE.

I wish I was kidding.


Oh I know,

I am waiting for his/her/it's response.

this should be good.


PING!!!!

In fact Baaldor they are heading your way, they are now in NPC Delve, you deserve each other, LMAO Twisted

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#168 - 2015-07-13 19:52:23 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Baaldor wrote:

Where is you source for these large numbers?


His ass.

Oh, wait no, I remember. Dracvlad gets his sources from anecdotes being told on the Star Citizen forums, by people who don't even play EVE.

I wish I was kidding.


Oh I know,

I am waiting for his/her/it's response.

this should be good.


PING!!!!

In fact Baaldor they are heading your way, they are now in NPC Delve, you deserve each other, LMAO Twisted


Um, what?!

Still have not answered the question. As expected.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#169 - 2015-07-13 19:56:35 UTC
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Baaldor wrote:

Where is you source for these large numbers?


His ass.

Oh, wait no, I remember. Dracvlad gets his sources from anecdotes being told on the Star Citizen forums, by people who don't even play EVE.

I wish I was kidding.


Oh I know,

I am waiting for his/her/it's response.

this should be good.


PING!!!!

In fact Baaldor they are heading your way, they are now in NPC Delve, you deserve each other, LMAO Twisted


Um, what?!

Still have not answered the question. As expected.


Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#170 - 2015-07-13 20:02:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Baaldor
Dracvlad wrote:

Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!



I guess facts are a bit inconvenient when you don't have them Dracvlad.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#171 - 2015-07-13 20:04:10 UTC
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!



I guess facts are a bit inconvenient when you don't have them Dracvlad.


I am sure your watch list will show the truth of it...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#172 - 2015-07-13 20:11:03 UTC
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!



I guess facts are a bit inconvenient when you don't have them Dracvlad.


I can almost picture the steam coming out of his ears.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#173 - 2015-07-13 20:12:23 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!



I guess facts are a bit inconvenient when you don't have them Dracvlad.


I can almost picture the steam coming out of his ears.


That coming from a member of CHODE, oops sorry for the mistype...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#174 - 2015-07-13 20:13:12 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!



I guess facts are a bit inconvenient when you don't have them Dracvlad.


I am sure your watch list will show the truth of it...


Watch list...dude i have like Sir Mole, Ginger Magician, Orange Species and Evil Thug on my watch list. Have no i idea what I am looking for.

However, I am still looking for the answer to my question.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#175 - 2015-07-13 20:15:07 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!



I guess facts are a bit inconvenient when you don't have them Dracvlad.


I can almost picture the steam coming out of his ears.


That coming from a member of CHODE, oops sorry for the mistype...


Yes, coming from a member of CODE. One who is rather amused by your frantic flailing.

Care to source that tripe you were spouting earlier, by the way?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#176 - 2015-07-13 20:17:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!



I guess facts are a bit inconvenient when you don't have them Dracvlad.


I am sure your watch list will show the truth of it...


Watch list...dude i have like Sir Mole, Ginger Magician, Orange Species and Evil Thug on my watch list. Have no i idea what I am looking for.

However, I am still looking for the answer to my question.


Sir Moelle does play, Ginger Magican got banned, Orange Species does not ring any bells and Evil Thug was the leader of -A- when they were nasty, but we are talking about PL so you need to update your watch list fast.

I hang around with players that were playing in beta, so nice try mate...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#177 - 2015-07-13 20:29:48 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Ping!!!! They are heading your way, oh dear look at my watch list going mad, ping!!!!



I guess facts are a bit inconvenient when you don't have them Dracvlad.


I am sure your watch list will show the truth of it...


Watch list...dude i have like Sir Mole, Ginger Magician, Orange Species and Evil Thug on my watch list. Have no i idea what I am looking for.

However, I am still looking for the answer to my question.


Sir Moelle does play, Ginger Magican got banned, Orange Species does not ring any bells and Evil Thug was the leader of -A- when they were nasty, but we are talking about PL so you need to update your watch list fast.


That should tell you something about my concern.

So, drop them facts on us
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#178 - 2015-07-13 20:47:02 UTC
Baaldor wrote:
That should tell you something about my concern.

So, drop them facts on us


Facts, hard data is held by CCP, they could not even sort out how ganking affects new players properly as per CCP Rise's presentation at Fanfest. You know full well that it is not possible to get hard data on this, proves nothing.

As I said I knock around with people who played the beta, throwing names around like you did is not impressive...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Tollen Gallen
Glory of Reprisal Enterprise
#179 - 2015-07-13 20:49:01 UTC
I like Mr Epeen.

Zimmy Zeta - I f*cking love martinis. the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. Your old Friends can use me for 7 days, free!!!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#180 - 2015-07-13 20:51:54 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

Facts, hard data is held by CCP


Notably, not by you. I would say that I wonder where your assertions come from, but I already know that it's from the Star Citizen forums.

Quote:
they could not even sort out how ganking affects new players properly as per CCP Rise's presentation at Fanfest.


They did so perfectly well, you just don't want to accept the conclusion.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.