These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Every MMO is first a solo game.

First post
Author
Freya Sertan
Doomheim
#261 - 2015-07-14 16:44:17 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:

Those people get my report attention. The ones who call me disgusting slurs based on race and sexual preference. The folks who threaten to **** me and my family. Dat don't fly, and I don't care how mad you are about getting ganked.


No no, you don't understand. You hurt their feelings by causing them to lose at a videogame. Pretty sure there's precedent for that being literal torture.


So you report them then because it hurt your feelings?


You report people for breaking rules. If you report for personal feelings, you are quite stupid.

Whenever I gank a miner and s/he goes off on a tirade about how he is going to come to my house, **** my wife, kill my cats and burn my house down while I watch... yeah, that **** gets reported double quick.

A guy telling me "**** off" because I blew up his pixels? Makes me laugh.

New Eden isn't nice. It isn't friendly. It isn't very hospitiable. Good thing there are people here to shoot in the face.

Want to make New Eden a nice place? Try this out.

Lady Areola Fappington
#262 - 2015-07-14 16:44:44 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

So that kill on Globby with a small amount of dps from Concord does not count, or where your ships are popped earlier and reduces the DPS on a freighter which survives does not count, who would have thought that...


I'd say it counts. Chestbeating and all that aside, if you manage to disrupt a gank to the point that the gankee escapes, then I'd say you've pulled it off.

It's cool, good on ya', GF and see you next time o7.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
Chao3 Alliance
#263 - 2015-07-14 16:45:57 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Same as me shooting your gank ships then..., which you people go on about as not being PvP

No, it's just that no one cares if you just whore on CONCORD killmails.


I wish the killboards were representing the real amount of damage inflicted on a target, instead of giving out the full value of the kill, regardless of the % of damage one inflicted.

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Bellatrix Invicta
Doomheim
#264 - 2015-07-14 16:46:26 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Same as me shooting your gank ships then..., which you people go on about as not being PvP

No, it's just that no one cares if you just whore on CONCORD killmails.


So that kill on Globby with a small amount of dps from Concord does not count, or where your ships are popped earlier and reduces the DPS on a freighter which survives does not count, who would have thought that...


Counts as a CONCORD killmail whoring, sure. If some white knight can produce a KM with no CONCORD assistance I will call it PVP. Until then, you're just helping NPCs against their targets.

Keep trying, though. Someday you'll stop a gank.

If you think you've won, think again.

The CODE always wins.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#265 - 2015-07-14 17:11:23 UTC
Bellatrix Invicta wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Same as me shooting your gank ships then..., which you people go on about as not being PvP

No, it's just that no one cares if you just whore on CONCORD killmails.


So that kill on Globby with a small amount of dps from Concord does not count, or where your ships are popped earlier and reduces the DPS on a freighter which survives does not count, who would have thought that...


Counts as a CONCORD killmail whoring, sure. If some white knight can produce a KM with no CONCORD assistance I will call it PVP. Until then, you're just helping NPCs against their targets.

Keep trying, though. Someday you'll stop a gank.


Already stopped quite a few.

Lady Areola Fappington repect to you, on my side I often admire the organisation and tactics used by CODE and the Goons in their freighter ganks, it is impressive play.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Lady Areola Fappington
#266 - 2015-07-14 17:27:37 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:


Already stopped quite a few.

Lady Areola Fappington repect to you, on my side I often admire the organisation and tactics used by CODE and the Goons in their freighter ganks, it is impressive play.


No prob, and you anti-ganker types can come up with some interesting tactics that need worked around at times. It's all good.

It's something we've all been a little guilty of, regardless of "side", and that's taking Eve a LITTLE too seriously. It's a game, it's all in fun. At the end of the game session, we're all Eve players. Sure we gripe, complain scheme explode, backstab etc in the Eve arena, but once we step out of that proverbial "ring", we need to leave that all behind and come together as a bunch of internet spaceship fanatics.

To use an analogy, it's like boxing or MMA. Sure, the people involved psyche themselves up, try to get in their opponents head, and then fight....but they aren't fighting because they hate one another. It's a contest, and when the contest is over, they shake hands and back each other up.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#267 - 2015-07-14 17:28:25 UTC
Saisin wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Same as me shooting your gank ships then..., which you people go on about as not being PvP

No, it's just that no one cares if you just whore on CONCORD killmails.


I wish the killboards were representing the real amount of damage inflicted on a target, instead of giving out the full value of the kill, regardless of the % of damage one inflicted.


Not sure what you are talking about? Killmails show all damage done towards a target, in HP (not EHP), and shows the fractions for each participant as well. What is it you're missing?

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#268 - 2015-07-14 19:05:32 UTC
Removed an off topic post, then reviewed the thread and see it's wildly off topic.

Ergo, closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department