These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Blops?

First post
Author
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2015-07-13 15:06:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
ChromeStriker wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

so of the 6...

one was a cyno

2 were'nt even solo

and 1 was a suicidal hero taclle

i clap for finding two (il give you an extra half for the hero tackle) ... that i can only put down to the stupidity of the pilots.... and would of been done better with a T1 hull Roll

if you actually took time to look at the link i first posted instead assuming they were all km whoring bomber fleets you would see they are not.

now lets see your polarized 900dps solo bombers killmails

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2015-07-13 15:29:28 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
ChromeStriker wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

so of the 6...

one was a cyno

2 were'nt even solo

and 1 was a suicidal hero taclle

i clap for finding two (il give you an extra half for the hero tackle) ... that i can only put down to the stupidity of the pilots.... and would of been done better with a T1 hull Roll

if you actually took time to look at the link i first posted instead assuming they were all km whoring bomber fleets you would see they are not.

now lets see your polarized 900dps solo bombers killmails

I did... smartbombing, pos bashes, and the gank fleets... not really surprised...

As if my bomber is used for solo lol... i might as well ask to see your fleet fit blop go solo

No Worries

Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2015-07-13 15:37:41 UTC
i would quite happily fly my fleet fit blops solo because the fit has everything a solo blops would have, you have been told they are gank ships anyway hense the name "black ops".

but that is the point my blops can be used in a fleet and solo, your bomber will just die horribly to anything it engages. so a blops is not useless.

anyway no point arguing as this is going nowhere, you stick to bombers, im quite happy with my panther

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2015-07-13 15:44:18 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
i would quite happily fly my fleet fit blops solo because the fit has everything a solo blops would have, you have been told they are gank ships anyway hense the name "black ops".

but that is the point my blops can be used in a fleet and solo, your bomber will just die horribly to anything it engages. so a blops is not useless.

anyway no point arguing as this is going nowhere, you stick to bombers, im quite happy with my panther

Pfft you joking i use the right tool for the job... i have my panther too for fleet work. Or that bomber if we have enough blops.
Il also use more effective ships that dont cost a bil to roam around in. (or at least more effective ships that do)

No Worries

Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2015-07-13 15:52:54 UTC
ofcourse but any opportunity i will undock a blops over a bomber. the rest of your reply i didnt really understand :/

Mister Holder
Faceless Men
#46 - 2015-07-13 21:25:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Mister Holder
I can use all Blops, with jump skills at 5, blops at 5, etc, etc.

They need some loving either through a boost to their stats, or a complete overhaul of their bonus abilities. Redeemer is pretty much the only one that could be considered semi-combat capable, and it lacks in a horrible way. It is not a ship I would ever consider taking out of the station without a fleet. They just don't feel like the type of ship they should by any standard. The cost of the hull, the time it takes to train one up, the time it takes to get the skills to a point where it is viable to use them, etc. They are lacking in a bad way. D-scan immunity would go a very long way to help them out.

They are like a prostitute without a phallic item inside of them, something is just missing...
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2015-07-13 23:07:12 UTC
did you even look at the character i linked on zkill? Solo blops (with hunter loki alt) is almost all he does.
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#48 - 2015-07-14 02:53:26 UTC
T2 resists would be nice on a BLOPS BS.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2015-07-14 07:02:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Lan Wang wrote:
that hound will die before a panther

That's why you drop shitton of easy to train and replace bombers that do similar DPS each instead of using BLOPs on field. The latter is inferior choice, hence it may be considered "weak".

The point is not to make it strictly powerful, but to provide reasons to use it beyond lacking friends to gang up with and gank someone in the middle of nowhere.
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2015-07-14 07:15:04 UTC
people keep sayin they need loving but what is actually wrong with blops that they need loving? as i say i have no issues using my panther and every alliance i have been in have used them whenever possible, no point in t2 resists, cov ops cloaks or dscan immunity so i see nothing to really improve on that wouldnt make blops "op"

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#51 - 2015-07-14 09:18:26 UTC
am I the only one who thinks blops are fine for what they are?
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2015-07-14 09:25:00 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
am I the only one who thinks blops are fine for what they are?

no, i think the same

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2015-07-14 10:08:05 UTC
Mister Holder wrote:
So it seems like the entire ship tier rebalancing has hit a stale mate on all accounts (minus a few tweaks here and there i.e. Ishtar taking a stick up the pooper).... I am just wondering if CCP had any intentions of getting back to rebalancing all tiers, and finally giving the BLOPS class some much needed attention?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Given the cocnept of blops, I thikn it is better for them to finish the new SOV mechanics first. Then they will have a static target to aim on a tool that can be used effectively on that context.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2015-07-14 10:08:53 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
people keep sayin they need loving but what is actually wrong with blops that they need loving? as i say i have no issues using my panther and every alliance i have been in have used them whenever possible, no point in t2 resists, cov ops cloaks or dscan immunity so i see nothing to really improve on that wouldnt make blops "op"

Well, they could be a bit less absurdly hard to fit :P Some 10% cpu for everyone would be great :P

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2015-07-14 10:12:12 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

Well, they could be a bit less absurdly hard to fit :P Some 10% cpu for everyone would be great :P

really? ive never had cpu issues on my blops and it has everything it needs, bearing in mind i feel a blops should have as much faction mods as possible so maybe this helps with cpu issues?

Evanga
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#56 - 2015-07-14 10:42:16 UTC
Just drop the fatigue, that is all.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2015-07-14 11:23:09 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

really? ive never had cpu issues on my blops and it has everything it needs, bearing in mind i feel a blops should have as much faction mods as possible so maybe this helps with cpu issues?

It was long ago, but I remember when CCP increased the CPU of the mega because "A ship should be always possible to fit with T1 and T2 modules and never absolutely require faction modules for a basic fit".

Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2015-07-14 13:17:37 UTC
I don't think a t2 battleship comes under the realms of "basic fits"
Sleepaz Den
Artificial Memories
#59 - 2015-07-14 13:45:13 UTC
Tsukino Stareine wrote:

Basic fit, as in base or foundation. On a redeemer, 2 plates, 2 heat sinks, dcu and two platings are your *basic fit*, fyi. Roll
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2015-07-14 13:50:32 UTC
Sleepaz Den wrote:
Tsukino Stareine wrote:

Basic fit, as in base or foundation. On a redeemer, 2 plates, 2 heat sinks, dcu and two platings are your *basic fit*, fyi. Roll

but if you are fitting t1 modules to a blops then you are probably too poor to fly it and doing it all wrong