These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Chronicle: Particle Tracks

First post
Author
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#21 - 2011-12-07 19:20:42 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Jack bubu wrote:
ERROR: CHRONICLE '07-12-11' NOT FOUND

That sounds like a caching issue and is most probably resolved by now.

Must still be cached.

Didn't want to read that chronicle anyway. :)

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Esan Vartesa
Samarkand Financial
#22 - 2011-12-07 19:21:07 UTC
Same here.

Can you tell how much interest there is in these chronicles yet?
Chayyliel Ruo
Operations Command
#23 - 2011-12-07 19:49:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Chayyliel Ruo
Quote:
Yani Sar Arteu was one of the few to hit the jackpot big time. He and his small company named Outer Ring Excavations recently stumbled across an asteroid reportedly containing the biggest nocxium deposit ever found in this region.
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Outer_Ring_Excavations_%28Chronicle%29

Quote:
“I’m a busy man, Yani. I can do without the theatrics.”

The Gallente smiled more broadly and gestured at the chair opposite her with an elegant and perfectly manicured hand. “My dear old friend. Always the direct one. Please sit, talk with me a while and perhaps the, ah, ‘theatrics’ as you call them will make a certain amount of sense.”

Yani change gender? or virtually cross-dressing? Shocked

Quote:
He paused and added, “Even if you won’t look as good.”
Darth Skorpius
352 Industries
#24 - 2011-12-07 19:57:14 UTC
Chayyliel Ruo wrote:
Quote:
Yani Sar Arteu was one of the few to hit the jackpot big time. He and his small company named Outer Ring Excavations recently stumbled across an asteroid reportedly containing the biggest nocxium deposit ever found in this region.
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Outer_Ring_Excavations_%28Chronicle%29

Quote:
“I’m a busy man, Yani. I can do without the theatrics.”

The Gallente smiled more broadly and gestured at the chair opposite her with an elegant and perfectly manicured hand. “My dear old friend. Always the direct one. Please sit, talk with me a while and perhaps the, ah, ‘theatrics’ as you call them will make a certain amount of sense.”

Quote:
He paused and added, “Even if you won’t look as good.”

or its a differnt person also named yani
Chayyliel Ruo
Operations Command
#25 - 2011-12-07 20:01:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Chayyliel Ruo
Darth Skorpius wrote:

Quote:
the entire corporation was recently acquired by the Serpentis in a hostile takeover, who now oversee all aspects of ORE's operation.

Quote:
“Correct.” The Gallente woman played with her black gemstone ring. “You know me well enough to understand that I want back that which was always mine. That which I built. And I will have it back. The Snake wanted his takeover to be legal, in his twisted way, so legal it was and the stock is still traded.”

“Stock you’ve been quietly acquiring, I presume.”

“Yes, I now control sufficient stock to promote my own proxies to the board. Crucially, the corporation still controls a large reserve of stock that can be issued by qualified majority decision of the board.”

“You can’t have bought enough stock to control that kind of majority... so, you’re going to buy Sarpati’s nominees out from under him?”

Yani built ORE and the Serpentis took it over. It should be the same Yani
Chayyliel Ruo
Operations Command
#26 - 2011-12-07 20:05:28 UTC
Also I would guess the man is Mordu of Mordu's Legion.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#27 - 2011-12-07 20:05:59 UTC
For the love of Hilmar it works... finaly.

Quote:

“Yes, I now control sufficient stock to promote my own proxies to the board. Crucially, the corporation still controls a large reserve of stock that can be issued by qualified majority decision of the board.”

“You can’t have bought enough stock to control that kind of majority... so, you’re going to buy Sarpati’s nominees out from under him?”

“Precisely so. Our old foe has one blind spot. Even as corrupt as he is – so corrupt indeed that he would gladly pay for the pleasure of selling himself – his pride prevents him from realizing that a bought man, even a man he has purchased body and soul, can generally be bought more easily the second time.”

“And you have the ready cash to do it. I think I see what the favor is. Even with you two vying for control on the market, all that gives either of you is legal recognition of sovereign ownership at the Assembly. You need enforcement and that’s where I come in, yes?”

Dude Shocked

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Darth Skorpius
352 Industries
#28 - 2011-12-07 20:07:10 UTC
Chayyliel Ruo wrote:
Darth Skorpius wrote:

Quote:
the entire corporation was recently acquired by the Serpentis in a hostile takeover, who now oversee all aspects of ORE's operation.

Quote:
“Correct.” The Gallente woman played with her black gemstone ring. “You know me well enough to understand that I want back that which was always mine. That which I built. And I will have it back. The Snake wanted his takeover to be legal, in his twisted way, so legal it was and the stock is still traded.”

Yani built ORE and the Serpentis took it over. It should be the same Yani

ah, i wastn aware ore had been taken over by serpentis, i need ot pay more attention to things :D. so yeah, it would be the same yani. going ot have to reread the whole cronicle now, see what else i missed :D
Snowflake Tem
The Order of Symbolic Measures
#29 - 2011-12-07 20:08:00 UTC
Quote:

Virtually probable. I've a feeling that this chronical is clever on levels we don't yet realise. I'm still thinking about it.

Bottom line is there are individuals with resources and interests that transcend empire level politics and an unacceptable level of access to capsualeer technology. Which should make you sit up and take notice in whatever dream world you walk in.

Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#30 - 2011-12-07 20:29:19 UTC
Snowflake Tem wrote:
Quote:

Virtually probable. I've a feeling that this chronical is clever on levels we don't yet realise. I'm still thinking about it.

Bottom line is there are individuals with resources and interests that transcend empire level politics and an unacceptable level of access to capsualeer technology. Which should make you sit up and take notice in whatever dream world you walk in.

Particle Trails Chronicle wrote:
The man grinned back, and this time his eyes were dancing. “OK, Yani, when do you want to meet for real? I think I can make some room in my calendar.” He paused and added, “Even if you won’t look as good.”

I take this to mean the entire meeting is done in a simulation tank (the equivalent of a Star Trek Holodeck, but larger?)

And that Yani may be just using a female avatar in the simulation.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#31 - 2011-12-07 20:31:35 UTC
Who exacly is Yani, don't really remember even if i knew ?

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Kylar Tzu
Jaded.
Riplomacy
#32 - 2011-12-07 20:51:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Kylar Tzu
Vincent Athena wrote:
Interesting.

I see two things that might be new stuff to eventually make it into the game. One is "transit tubes", a possible device we will use if we ever get out through the door in CQ. The other is the simulation tanks. In a way we already got one; Sisi. It would be interesting if we got simulation tanks integrated into TQ, although I'm not sure what they could be used for. A way to test stuff that does not require downloading a second client? Being able to test stuff on TQ has advantages: It runs under the same rules as the main game, without the updates seen on Sisi. Also while testing you would still be able to see corp chatter allowing you to quickly react to stuff happening. When you are on Sisi, you are disconnected from most everyone else playing.

Or could tanks be used for games to be gambled upon at player owned establishments?

I hope Interbus does not go bankrupt, once we blow up their shiny new investments.

Maybe in a few years CCP will finish what they started in Incarna and we'll finally have the bars, offices and public areas that we've been wanting for years.

Quote:
As he adjusted to the virtuality, he realized that the base specs of the Naga-class had changed since his last session in the tank. OK, they’d fitted rails to it in this scenario but that wasn’t exactly a change. Ah, he chuckled, so they’d given up on that idea. Yeah, he’d not been entirely impressed by the suicidal nature of the Naga as giant torpedo bomber himself. He called up the daily brief. “Unacceptable ratio of losses to tonnage enemy matériel destroyed.” Well that was one way of putting it. Megacorp technocrat-speak could make fedo crap sound like a mildly annoying stain on the deckplate.

So, today was a basic gunnery run. Test out the new specs with railguns. Opforce was a bunch of different targets. As much variety as a possible. He grinned, yeah well, he’d seen plenty of FDU fleets as ragtag as this in his time. The variety was a bit artificial, a bit too much in the one-of-everything vein but it wasn’t entirely unrealistic. Squadron strength for the Nagas and decent range with the provided setup. This sort of thing he’d do “drive by” strikes usually, but this scenario was staying basic. No warping. Control test. Free initiative scenarios when this was over. According to the brief.

Sooner this was over with the better. The squadron lined up at distance and a primary was called, nice fat Dominix. He wondered why they bothered with using capsuleers for this calibration stuff. Eliminating variables probably. Oh, look at that, Dominix down. The Opforce were trying to make transversal but the bigger stuff wouldn’t be able to do much. Some of that stuff could be dangerous if they got it together though. Apoc, Rokh, Tempest, Mega, even the Raven. Squad commander must have taken longer adjusting than he had. This target list was terrible. He thought about saying something, then noticed the long-range stuff was yellow-boxing him. Check that, they were red-boxing and his shields were gone. Mentally he grappled with his systems, even as he hoped they’d picked the squad commander as secondary.

Also I like how this chronicle shows how under powered and useless the Naga was made by taking the launchers off. I tried it out when it was on SISI at the time it was my favorite due to the many roles it could fill. Another display of how CCP hates missiles and wants us all to use turrets. But in regards to the chronicle it's self, very well done. We need more back story in EVE keep them coming.
Captain Megadeath
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2011-12-07 21:18:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Megadeath
Kylar Tzu wrote:

Also I like how this chronicle shows how under powered and useless the Naga was made by taking the launchers off. I tried it out when it was on SISI at the time it was my favorite due to the many roles it could fill. Another display of how CCP hates missiles and wants us all to use turrets. But in regards to the chronicle it's self, very well done. We need more back story in EVE keep them coming.

Quite the opposite, they show how the Nagas fragile design and operation uses were not compatible with torpedoes, how attacking was suicide and how, even with rails and its tremendous power, how fragile it (and all Tr3 BC) are.

(also, if CCP hated missiles, they wouldn't have given missile users the Tengu with 600dps @ 100kms and the capability of targeting (& destroying) close frigates. It was simply time that Caldari railgun users got some lovin')

Quote:
As he adjusted to the virtuality, he realized that the base specs of the Naga-class had changed since his last session in the tank. OK, they’d fitted rails to it in this scenario but that wasn’t exactly a change. Ah, he chuckled, so they’d given up on that idea. Yeah, he’d not been entirely impressed by the suicidal nature of the Naga as giant torpedo bomber himself. He called up the daily brief. “Unacceptable ratio of losses to tonnage enemy matériel destroyed.” Well that was one way of putting it. Megacorp technocrat-speak could make fedo crap sound like a mildly annoying stain on the deckplate.

The part where it is targeted and its shields removed is just story stuff where the FC wasn't used to the rail change yet and that his target list was poop. He also took some satisfaction that even though he's losing his ship, they targeted the FC as secondary and he will be following.

Quote:
The squadron lined up at distance and a primary was called, nice fat Dominix. He wondered why they bothered with using capsuleers for this calibration stuff. Eliminating variables probably. Oh, look at that, Dominix down. The Opforce were trying to make transversal but the bigger stuff wouldn’t be able to do much. Some of that stuff could be dangerous if they got it together though. Apoc, Rokh, Tempest, Mega, even the Raven. Squad commander must have taken longer adjusting than he had. This target list was terrible. He thought about saying something, then noticed the long-range stuff was yellow-boxing him. Check that, they were red-boxing and his shields were gone. Mentally he grappled with his systems, even as he hoped they’d picked the squad commander as secondary.

Seems also they were looking to see which way a capsuleer would handle a certain senarios as;

Quote:
So, today was a basic gunnery run. Test out the new specs with railguns. Opforce was a bunch of different targets. As much variety as a possible. He grinned, yeah well, he’d seen plenty of FDU fleets as ragtag as this in his time. The variety was a bit artificial, a bit too much in the one-of-everything vein but it wasn’t entirely unrealistic. Squadron strength for the Nagas and decent range with the provided setup. This sort of thing he’d do “drive by” strikes usually, but this scenario was staying basic. No warping. Control test. Free initiative scenarios when this was over. According to the brief.
Dalton Vanadis
Imperium Technologies
Sigma Grindset
#34 - 2011-12-07 21:32:36 UTC
Shocked Another chronicle Big smile
Heinel Sidewind
Power-Hug Training Bootcamp
#35 - 2011-12-07 22:13:48 UTC
The WiS implications in this article is certainly interesting. "Pre-conditioning." Hmm, I wonder what that means..
Roga Dracor
Gladiators of Rage
Fraternity.
#36 - 2011-12-07 22:28:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Roga Dracor
Heinel Sidewind wrote:
The WiS implications in this article is certainly interesting. "Pre-conditioning." Hmm, I wonder what that means..

Being in a virtuality, the ability to recieve the telemetry was inherent.. Would he have showed up personally, he would have had to have gone through pre-conditioning of some sort to recieve the telemetry they were intercepting. As Mordu was in his own "tank" it was a simple matter to give him the "blue pill" in the form of the drink. I think..

Sort of like the pills offered to Schwarzenegger in Total Recall...

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then, and it's a poor sort of memory that only works backward.

Thomas Markand
EVE University
Ivy League
#37 - 2011-12-08 00:16:46 UTC
Great stories, keep them coming!

It looks to me like there are more ulterior motives than meets the hidden hand.

Possible this woman works for/is one of the evil enemies of the Jove whose name I can't recall?

I'm happy CCP is making more background items. Now to finish The Burning Life...

Star Wars vs. Spaceballs: You know you want to debate this.

Emiko Luan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2011-12-08 00:38:20 UTC
ooh very nice, this does get me thinking... I hope all upcoming changes get hinted at like this...

+welcome to my world+ http://emikochan13.wordpress.com http://emikochan13.deviantart.com

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#39 - 2011-12-08 01:15:18 UTC
Another Chronicles???

CCP, you spoil us!

http://www.wormholes.info

Pattern Clarc
Citeregis
#40 - 2011-12-08 03:27:16 UTC
Indeed. Cool

Ex CSM member & Designer of the Tornado. Gallente - Pilot satisfaction