These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fac Police

Author
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#41 - 2015-07-07 11:40:18 UTC
Alrighty. Consider things from their perspective as well though.
It's low sec space and they've been told by every butthurt carebear EVER to go to low/null if they want pvp.
They do want pvp, so they went.
I understand that you're having your war there, but it doesn't really change the low sec aspect.
For most of them anything that's not blue is a valid target.
I'd consider them an environmental hazard if I were you, don't hate them for it.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#42 - 2015-07-07 12:06:48 UTC
He just doesn't get it. It's like explaining it to a brick wall

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Bullet Anarchy
Venom and Bullet Corporation
#43 - 2015-07-07 12:08:19 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
It's low sec space and they've been told by every butthurt carebear EVER to go to low/null if they want pvp.
I understand that you're having your war there, but it doesn't really change the low sec aspect.
I'd consider them an environmental hazard if I were you, don't hate them for it.

I do see their perspective, why would they be bothered whether or not militia get a sec status hit for shooting them inside a FW complex ?

On Target

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#44 - 2015-07-07 12:14:03 UTC
They aren't. Neither are we.
You did this thing to you by doing things to them.
I get preemptive self-defense, it's a thing. It just holds the same consequences for you as it does for them.
Tags, get some and turn them in.
I really don't see the problem here after we've sussed everything out in detail.

Bullet Anarchy
#45 - 2015-07-07 12:23:06 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
They aren't. Neither are we.
You did this thing to you by doing things to them.
I get preemptive self-defense, it's a thing. It just holds the same consequences for you as it does for them.
Tags, get some and turn them in.
I really don't see the problem here after we've sussed everything out in detail.

The problem is, I'm in a FW plex fighting legitimate war targets, you are there shooting people for no reason,.

If I shoot you I should get a medal not a sec hit.

On Target

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#46 - 2015-07-07 12:23:56 UTC
Bullet Anarchy wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

I do see their perspective, why would they be bothered whether or not militia get a sec status hit for shooting them inside a FW complex ?

Did you shoot a non valid lowsec target? By that I mean had more then -5 standing, was not suspect/criminal, did not accept a limited engagement with you, was not a member of your corp if friendly fire is turned on and much more likely was not at war with you? If he was none of these things YOU were the pirate when you shot first HAN

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Bullet Anarchy
#47 - 2015-07-07 12:29:36 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:

Did you shoot a non valid lowsec target? By that I mean had more then -5 standing, was not suspect/criminal, did not accept a limited engagement with you, was not a member of your corp if friendly fire is turned on and much more likely was not at war with you? If he was none of these things YOU were the pirate when you shot first HAN

Yes that is how it currently works, you can enter a FW site and position your pirate ships at exactly your optimum range from me and if I shoot anyone with less than -5 sec status while they are doing that then I get a sec hit.
I stick by my original comment on the matter, this mechanic is flawed.

On Target

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#48 - 2015-07-07 12:33:21 UTC
Bullet Anarchy wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:

Yes that is how it currently works, you can enter a FW site and position your pirate ships at exactly your optimum range from me and if I shoot anyone with less than -5 sec status while they are doing that then I get a sec hit.

I think you would do better in nullsec it may suit your play style better you don't seem to grasp that lowsec is not lawless it's just highsec without concord and fac police running riot

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#49 - 2015-07-07 12:33:58 UTC
Alrighty, got it.
I'mma put this all simple like.
You are not a special snowflake because you are in FW.
You suffer the same consequences as anyone else in low sec for doing low sec things to other low sec people.
No medals.
Just because your war is sanctioned does not mean it is exempt from looters, bandits and raiders.
Just like any other war ever anywhere.
Taking matters into your own hands justifiably results in the same consequences it does for anyone else, and no... the pirates and pvpers are not going to respect your boundaries.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#50 - 2015-07-07 12:38:10 UTC
Wait guys I have to solution. We should place concord inside FW plexes. BAM problem solved

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Bullet Anarchy
#51 - 2015-07-07 12:41:02 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Alrighty, got it.
You suffer the same consequences as anyone else in low sec for doing low sec things to other low sec people.
No medals.
Just because your war is sanctioned does not mean it is exempt from looters, bandits and raiders.
Taking matters into your own hands justifiably results in the same consequences it does for anyone else, and no... the pirates and pvpers are not going to respect your boundaries.

You're entitled to your opinion snowflake

On Target

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#52 - 2015-07-07 12:46:41 UTC
Bullet Anarchy wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Alrighty, got it.
No medals.

You're entitled to your opinion snowflake

It's not an opinion it's a fact...

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Tepijo ntepreoccupa
La Rapida
#53 - 2015-07-07 12:49:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Tepijo ntepreoccupa
Bullet Anarchy wrote:

It is not flawed.
The FW plexes come in 3 different sizes of ships that are allowed to get in.

As the "pirate" enter and positione himself, you can do the same: keep moving in your better position.
As him start to target you, do the same.
If he open fire, you will have your fight with no loss of sec status.

If the "pirate" is not alone (do you watch on D-scan while you are in the plex right?) or he is in a ship that you judge better than yours you have the work to be situational awareness and keep your decisions about fight or run.

Many different is the situation where a militian is only "farming" the plex and pretend to / don't want interferences from outside. But it is not how FW is intended to work. Or Eve itself.

When you joining FW you should expect interferences all the time. Oh well, all the times you undock, FW or not, HS or not you have to expect the possibility to have "interferences". It is how EVE works.
Bullet Anarchy
#54 - 2015-07-07 12:57:55 UTC
Tepijo ntepreoccupa wrote:
Bullet Anarchy wrote:

It is not flawed.
The FW plexes come in 3 different sizes of ships that are allowed to get in.

As the "pirate" enter and positione himself, you can do the same: keep moving in your better position.
As him start to target you, do the same.
If he open fire, you will have your fight with no loss of sec status.

If the "pirate" is not alone (do you watch on D-scan while you are in the plex right?) or he is in a ship that you judge better than yours you have the work to be situational awareness and keep your decisions about fight or run.

Many different is the situation where a militian is only "farming" the plex and pretend to / don't want interferences from outside. But it is not how FW is intended to work. Or Eve itself.

When you joining FW you should expect interferences all the time. Oh well, all the times you undock, FW or not, HS or not you have to expect the possibility to have "interferences". It is how EVE works.

Why would I want to fight him ?

On Target

Tepijo ntepreoccupa
La Rapida
#55 - 2015-07-07 13:05:01 UTC
Bullet Anarchy wrote:

Then run. It's easy.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2015-07-07 13:07:03 UTC
Bullet Anarchy wrote:

Then run. It's easy.

or troll in local, always troll in local

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Bullet Anarchy
#57 - 2015-07-07 13:10:01 UTC
Bullet Anarchy wrote:

Then run. It's easy.

It's a FW plex we are meant to stay there to keep the enemy out.

On Target

Tepijo ntepreoccupa
La Rapida
#58 - 2015-07-07 13:22:04 UTC
Bullet Anarchy wrote:
Bullet Anarchy wrote:

Then run. It's easy.

It's a FW plex we are meant to stay there to keep the enemy out.

My suggestion is that you send your thought directly to CCP.
We can't help you more here, after explain you how EVE works.

Hint: even miners in HS knows that mine an asteroid is not ONLY mean to be there to mine with no interferences.
Bullet Anarchy
#59 - 2015-07-07 13:34:30 UTC

My suggestion is that you send your thought directly to CCP.
We can't help you more here, after explain you how EVE works.

Hint: even miners in HS knows that mine an asteroid is not ONLY mean to be there to mine with no interferences.

I don't mind them hindering, I just don't like being low sec status for shooting them and now it has cost me a ship for the first time.

On Target

Tepijo ntepreoccupa
La Rapida
#60 - 2015-07-07 13:41:22 UTC
Bullet Anarchy wrote:
I just don't like being low sec status for shooting them

Better forum where expose your point of view as it regards a possible modification of EVE mechanics:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=270