These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

People! Train your newbies!

Author
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#61 - 2015-07-09 15:49:01 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
How does one know they are killing a newbie before the deed is done? Your posting in a thread where a newbie was in a pipe...

Reading is hard, isn't it?

apologize, I don't mindlessly sit on gates and blap people. I actually check corp history, research people, etc. before engaging

I don't think like a high sec war dec bear

I thought I would check to see what kind of PvP you do that is so much better than what everyone else does, but zkillboard is not showing anything.

Do you even PvP or are you just blagging it?
Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#62 - 2015-07-09 16:01:22 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
Mobadder Thworst wrote:
CCP did a study a while back and found that newbros who lose ships in non-consentual combat within their first 2 weeks (gank/flip/whatever) statistically stay longer than those who do not have this experience.

Short answer: If you don't see the dark side of eve in the first few weeks, you're more likely to quit.

I'm still waiting on my retention award. I suspect I'm responsible for a sizeable portion of the player base.

Are you even reading what I said?

I am 100% in favor of ganking new players. I said give them a day or two, not don't ever kill a newbie. Christ...

Mobadder Thworst wrote:

People like Petre are destroying the game. Has he no morals?

I can hardly kill noobs fast enough to offset his bad energy.

I still regret the failure of the "No Newbro Left Behind" initiative. Veers and I just couldn't make it go. We were going to save the universe...

What I do, I do for the children...

Where is my damn retention award.
Mo

Reading is hard, isn't it? Give a newbie 24 hours to get through the career missions. Yep. I'm destroying the game by saying that.

10/10, great post Mo! You can read gud.

Now go back to the noble work of padding your KB with mindless, easy kills like the bear that high sec gankers are.

Check! Check! And Check!

I'm glad to see we are on the same page. And yes, I will keep up the good work as time permits. I just don't have as much playtime as I used to... And the new Crimewatch is a real issue. I hope CCP will change it.

Not all anti-gamers come around as fast as you did. I would like to commend you for your open mind.

I don't have any data on the first 24 hour thing you're talking about though, but with the sheer number of noobs joining the game it's incredibly difficult to reach them all that quickly. If nothing else, at least we agree that it's just not feasible to try to kill them all in their first 24 hours.

Good luck getting your retention numbers!
No Newbro Left Behind!

Mo
Official C&P retention agent
C&P Court preferred investigator
Potential liberator of China

Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#63 - 2015-07-09 16:09:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Petre en Thielles
Mobadder Thworst wrote:

Check! Check! And Check!

I'm glad to see we are on the same page. And yes, I will keep up the good work as time permits. I just don't have as much playtime as I used to... And the new Crimewatch is a real issue. I hope CCP will change it.

Not all anti-gamers come around as fast as you did. I would like to commend you for your open mind.

I don't have any data on the first 24 hour thing you're talking about though, but with the sheer number of noobs joining the game it's incredibly difficult to reach them all that quickly. If nothing else, at least we agree that it's just not feasible to try to kill them all in their first 24 hours.

Good luck getting your retention numbers!
No Newbro Left Behind!

Mo
Official C&P retention agent
C&P Court preferred investigator
Potential liberator of China

lol (TM)

Renegade Heart wrote:

I thought I would check to see what kind of PvP you do that is so much better than what everyone else does, but zkillboard is not showing anything.

Do you even PvP or are you just blagging it?

Mate, I post with three forum alts and two main characters. Given posting an opinion like this would immediately put me on someone's watch list, why would I ever give you free intel on who I am?

These forums confuse me. We are knowingly and gladly deceitful in game, but doing that on the forums is a no-no?

I post with whatever character suits my goals the best. If you don't understand that then....are you new to EVE?
Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#64 - 2015-07-09 16:14:41 UTC
I wasn't aware that "lol" was trademarked.

Did you know beeves is a word?
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#65 - 2015-07-09 17:06:10 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
Mate, I post with three forum alts and two main characters. Given posting an opinion like this would immediately put me on someone's watch list, why would I ever give you free intel on who I am?

These forums confuse me. We are knowingly and gladly deceitful in game, but doing that on the forums is a no-no?

I post with whatever character suits my goals the best. If you don't understand that then....are you new to EVE?

I understand that you are a coward!
Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#66 - 2015-07-09 18:32:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Petre en Thielles
Renegade Heart wrote:

I understand that you are a coward!

If that makes me a coward then any awoxer, any baiter and any station/gate camper is a coward as well.

Again, have you played EVE before?

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."

-Sun Tzu
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#67 - 2015-07-09 21:29:53 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
If that makes me a coward then any awoxer, any baiter and any station/gate camper is a coward as well.

At least most of them post on their mains. You are hard to take seriously, talking about how to PvP right, when you are too scared to talk about it on your PvP toon.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#68 - 2015-07-09 23:26:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Noragen Neirfallas
Ah an ALT. I confess I was too busy laughing at you to check. Ahem

C&P Law 1
Post with your main or gtfo.
With no killboard history or knowledge on the subject you are discussing, your position just went from face palm to hahaha. Next time you bring a complaint to our forum on your own or somebody else's thread please back it up with experience and/or subject knowledge. Neither of which you have displayed here

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#69 - 2015-07-10 10:07:05 UTC
How does one know they are killing a newbie before the deed is done? Your posting in a thread where a newbie was in a pipe...

I've heard noobs sound hollow when they're. You have to knock on them.

Wait, that's melons? Hmm, can't remember.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#70 - 2015-07-10 10:52:45 UTC
Mobadder Thworst wrote:

Mo...

My fckin eyes, dude.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#71 - 2015-07-10 10:54:21 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Mobadder Thworst wrote:

Mo...

My fckin eyes, dude.

As always, Leto... you are welcome.
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#72 - 2015-07-10 10:55:47 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
[posting on alt

Was going to comment, but alt posts are useless posts.

ahh, wth.

Mr. Alt, it doesn't matter if a player is brand-new with a 6 hour old toon, or a returning bittervet with a character bought off the Bazaar.

If you are in a player corp that is at war, you can be engaged in any system. Even starter/rookie systems.

I know, because I have chased war targets into rookie systems and blown them up. GM response.....'Oh, war target. Carry on then.'

Age of player account doesn't matter, since, and you are a perfect example, many supposed 'newbies' are anything but.

And a real newbie usually isn't going to be flying anything expensive in any case. If he is, he has probably broken the Prime Directive of EVE ......IE, don't fly what you can't afford to lose.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Kaldi Tsukaya
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#73 - 2015-07-10 11:26:07 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:

Again, have you played EVE before?

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."

-Sun Tzu

Not a coward, just irrelevant in this neck of the woods.

Also, Sun Tsu never had the Power of Googleâ„¢.
Petre en Thielles wrote:

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#74 - 2015-07-10 11:34:03 UTC
The sheer power of the content we can provide from this forum is amazing. All these scared ALT posters fearful of what we may do. funny for the most part they are the same people that say dont engage people on a station because of the 10 guardians that will suddenly suddenly and mystically appear.

On an unrelated note Marmite has recently dropped its 10 guardian alt accounts minimum to only 8 while we do a recruitment drive. Get in while you can with less then usual minimum requirements

CoolCool

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#75 - 2015-07-10 11:42:03 UTC
Forum Alt: I pvp forever with my main, I could kill you twenty times past infinity. You jus an internet bully.

Space Warrior Main: Well put your antimatter where you blaster resides. Wheres the monster of mains?

Forum Warrior Alt: You think i would tell that to you! So you can bully me in-game for mashing potatoes with my keyboard. Pffft. I never take responsibility for my actions or things i say. This is the internet, everyone is anonymous.

Its all i every read when i see these posts. Nothing against them because there's nothing to lean anything against. Sad Times.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#76 - 2015-07-10 12:26:25 UTC
The sheer power of the content we can provide from this forum is amazing. All these scared ALT posters fearful of what we may do. funny for the most part they are the same people that say dont engage people on a station because of the 10 guardians that will suddenly suddenly and mystically appear.

On an unrelated note Marmite has recently dropped its 10 guardian alt accounts minimum to only 8 while we do a recruitment drive. Get in while you can with less then usual minimum requirements

CoolCool

Sometimes I wonder if these people who fear retribution so greatly are aware of how completely unconcerned the rest of us are. I can't imagine playing this game with such fear.

Seriously, imagine logging in, creating an alt just to broach a question, and then trying to describe it without details for fear of being attacked... All that effort to avoid the very interactions that justify paying to play an Internet game.

Now contrast that with Mortlake posting those badass swimsuit photos with no concern for attacks that may occur either within Eve or from local and national governments offended by their perfection.

Seems like 2 very different game experiences...

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2015-07-10 12:35:03 UTC

CoolCool

i should make myself a forum alt for ranting about marmite

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#78 - 2015-07-10 13:37:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Petre en Thielles
I sincerely appreciate all the people who are raging at the fact that they can't look up who I actually am in game.

Keep your tears coming, C&P. They sustain me.

The internet chest-thumping in this thread is hilarious. I love you guys.

EVE, the game where lying, cheating and stealing is 100% encouraged (except in C&P, apparently, because something, something logic)

EDIT

Lan Wang wrote:

i should make myself a forum alt for ranting about marmite

"Ranting". Right...

http://www.louisaheinrich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

StonerPhReaK wrote:
Forum Alt: I pvp forever with my main, I could kill you twenty times past infinity. You jus an internet bully.

Why thank you, internet tough guy. twenty times past infinity sure is a lot!

I also find it interesting that this all started by me saying offhand that maybe we should give a complete newbie a day or so to get their feet wet, and suddenly all the high sec bears who pad their KBs with easy newbie kills come at me with pitchforks.

Wait, not interesting. funny. I find it funny.
Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#79 - 2015-07-10 14:41:29 UTC
We just have differing opinions of how to spend that day "getting their feet wet".

You are arguing that they should find something wet in which to submerge their feet in solitude. Ok, I concede that is the traditional method in online games.

I think I should wet their feet by pissing on them.

I think my method of welcoming them is better, more interesting, and more unique to the game industry. Research suggests they like that uniqueness...

Mo
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#80 - 2015-07-10 14:46:09 UTC
I especially like the part where the forum alt thought his main would be special enough to stalk in-game all day if we found out who it was Big smile