These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thunderdome - July 2015 series!

Author
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#21 - 2015-06-29 19:20:17 UTC
This shouldn't be held in lowsec by the way, it should be done in highsec using duel invites. That way neutral interference is significantly less likely. A stream for the entire thing should probably be arranged too.
lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#22 - 2015-06-29 19:25:07 UTC
This could be fun but I also am in need of some sort of a schedule before signing up.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2015-06-29 20:00:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
This shouldn't be held in lowsec by the way, it should be done in highsec using duel invites. That way neutral interference is significantly less likely. A stream for the entire thing should probably be arranged too.

Many of our participants cannot use highsec due to standings/sec status. We have had two rounds of this previously, and nobody has been 3rd partied yet.... yet.

TBH, the amount of outright EMPTY lowsec systems (some with direct connections to HS) is staggering. Pick a lowsec, jump in, meet your opponent at a safe, and get it on. Unless someone is LOOKING for you with a combat prober, its a relatively low chance of that occurring. As for the stream, due to schedule conflicts, we usually just have both combatants pick a time that suits them both, and one records it. That way, nobody misses out because they cant get off/are busy/wife is nasty that day.

lmmortalist wrote:

This could be fun but I also am in need of some sort of a schedule before signing up.

Domino Vyse wrote:

How do we stand with dates and times? Sorry if I missed it but I'm on my phone.

My apologies. I didnt realize that many more people would be interested this time around, I should clarify the schedule.

So, when you register, ill add your name to the bracket listed in the second post in this thread. You make contact with your opponent, set a time, and duke it out. Report back on here with W/L (and a recording, if you like) and ill update the brackets with that, after verifying the killmail. The bracket lasts until the last match is over. So, ideally, no real rush or chance of missing your matches.

Hope that settles it?

Edit: If you cant get in contact with your matchup, let me know, and ill advance the bracket after attempting to contact them.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Domino Vyse
FeedingMachine
War and Wormhole
#24 - 2015-06-29 20:12:19 UTC
That works, thanks Smile
Starrakatt
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#25 - 2015-06-29 20:24:40 UTC
Duh, JULY, gonna be out most of the next 3-4 weeks, guess I'll miss that one, unless it extends to August?

Or else I shall have to wait for the next one.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-06-29 20:51:47 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

boooooooo

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#27 - 2015-06-29 23:20:51 UTC
Many matches are held in high sec just FYI. I'd go as far as saying 2/3 of last time were. It's just not excluding people like leto here who are too lazy to hump on over to Minnie space

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Valkin Mordirc
#28 - 2015-06-29 23:53:50 UTC
I'm sure if both fighters wanted to fight in highsec, they wouldn't be a problem?
#DeleteTheWeak
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#29 - 2015-06-30 00:10:24 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
I'm sure if both fighters wanted to fight in highsec, they wouldn't be a problem?

That's perfectly acceptable. It's only when 1 can't/doesn't wish to we move it to lowsec. I would also suggest asking a different compeditor you can both trust to make a safe and contract both players the bm to minimize 3rd party interferance. altho somebody in this section of the forums you can trust is a rare thing Twisted

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2015-06-30 00:35:48 UTC
Yeah as long as both parties dont care, its whatever. The standard is lowsec simply to make sure nobody is left out.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#31 - 2015-06-30 02:28:21 UTC  |  Edited by: lmmortalist
Sign me up then. Also I take it there are no limitations when it comes to the ship fittings, implants and boosters?
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#32 - 2015-06-30 02:33:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Noragen Neirfallas
lmmortalist wrote:
Sign me up then. Also I take it there are no limitations when it comes to the ship fittings, implants and boosters?

drugs ok. ogb not ok. bling it all you like but remember warping off disqualifies you. FOREVER Blink

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#33 - 2015-06-30 02:41:24 UTC
Well obviously I would have been talking about links instead of boosters if I meant those, duh. When it comes to warping off grid, is it simply a game of trust in case neither party will be able to fraps the fight? Not something I'm planning to do myself, just wondering about the what if -scenarios.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2015-06-30 03:21:23 UTC
lmmortalist wrote:
Well obviously I would have been talking about links instead of boosters if I meant those, duh. When it comes to warping off grid, is it simply a game of trust in case neither party will be able to fraps the fight? Not something I'm planning to do myself, just wondering about the what if -scenarios.

Heh, that's a good question. We haven't run into that yet, and while I don't expect it, I suppose the best thing to do would be to record the fight.

Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2015-06-30 03:51:46 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

That's perfectly acceptable. It's only when 1 can't/doesn't wish to we move it to lowsec. I would also suggest asking a different compeditor you can both trust to make a safe and contract both players the bm to minimize 3rd party interferance. altho somebody in this section of the forums you can trust is a rare thing Twisted

I'd like to think I'm pretty trustworthy. So if you'd like, I can do the whole "safe" thing for the parties involved. Plus I have a channel that I stream to, so I can also provide that.

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#36 - 2015-06-30 04:14:33 UTC
Anya Klibor wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

I'd like to think I'm pretty trustworthy. So if you'd like, I can do the whole "safe" thing for the parties involved. Plus I have a channel that I stream to, so I can also provide that.

rather have another participant Big smile

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#37 - 2015-06-30 09:09:19 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:

(ISD's, I know this is the third thread, please keep this one open as I will be updating from now on, thanks!)

You know one would assume that so long as you call it by it's month/year nobody will lock it due to it being a new topic about a new thing? just a thought

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#38 - 2015-06-30 14:23:25 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Brackets are posted. See post #2.

If I missed you, let me know.

Bronson... you HAVE to fight.

Yes dear. Blink

Lemme know where to send my ISK and I will be all over this like a caffeine-addled groupie at a Justin Bieber concert.

In the meantime...I'm off to play with BC and BS fits....

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#39 - 2015-06-30 14:26:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

So far, it's been up to individual participant pairs to pick their location. Some do losec due to sec status, Badman and I did hisec using a duel for convenience. Given that this is Crime & Punishment though, I think the assumption is that a majority of participants will have -5.0 or below sec status, which limits them to losec for matches. As long as you pick a quiet system in losec (which should be something any good C&P denizen can do) and fight at a bookmark instead of a celestial, the risk of interference should be relatively low.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Domino Vyse
FeedingMachine
War and Wormhole
#40 - 2015-06-30 14:48:10 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
Brackets are posted. See post #2.

If I missed you, let me know.

Bronson... you HAVE to fight.

Yes dear. Blink

Lemme know where to send my ISK and I will be all over this like a caffeine-addled groupie at a Justin Bieber concert.

In the meantime...I'm off to play with BC and BS fits....

See you on the ice, big man Cool