These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Aegis] More balance! - Ishtars, DDAs and the Tempest

First post First post First post
Author
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#721 - 2015-07-07 12:19:20 UTC
Zenmaster Aihaken wrote:
I've been skilling drones and Ishtar for, I dunno, over half a year. I want my money back.



Trains into worlds most OBVIOUSLY overpowered hull and weapon.

These are nerfed.

Cries "unfair" that they are now maybe in the same league as everyone else.




Aaaaah eve-o forums. Delivering shiptoasting 24/7/365
Quadima
HyperDreams Studios
#722 - 2015-07-07 12:43:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Quadima
Hmz... basic tempest buffed, fleet tempest not ?

Now the basic ship is better than the much more expensive "fleet" version.

FAIL.

---
p.s.
Also, the same buff should apply to VARGUR, since it's derived from the same hull.
Perhaps all marauders, it's kinda lame that these terribly expensive ships that require a huge amount of training have less damage than pirate bs, and sometimes barely on par with Tech1 versions.
BadGuy NoRules
Embassy of the Pandemonium Kingdom
#723 - 2015-07-07 12:49:59 UTC
It's not a rebalancing. It's next step against PVE and buying Plex for ISK. So many people use Ishtar for PVE? CCP will damage ballance because they don't like when ppl buy Plex ingame.

I can't play more than a few days per month and sometimes 2-3 hours in the night. When CCP does earning ISK too dificult I'll not have ISK for PVP ships and I will definitively resign from EVE.
So Plex price (ISK) is too high (thanks for bubble) and PVE ships nerfed again. I see statistics: from Jan 2015 you have lost 1/4 players.

CCP please: make good price for GTC or Plex in GBP currency. Now 1 Plex costs 19.95EUR or 16.99£ in UK (24EUR). Are you kidding?
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#724 - 2015-07-07 12:53:14 UTC
AngelFood wrote:
Where you get your statistics from is beyond me .. ishtar still twice dps? insane now ruined .. did you forget it only has 2 rig slots


Name one T2 ship that has more than 2 rig slots.

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#725 - 2015-07-07 12:54:16 UTC
Quadima wrote:
Perhaps all marauders, it's kinda lame that these terribly expensive ships that require a huge amount of training have less damage than pirate bs, and sometimes barely on par with Tech1 versions.


Apparently you've not seen what an angry marauder is capable of....



BadGuy NoRules wrote:
they don't like when ppl buy Plex ingame.



You literally couldn't have less of a clue about this. Literally, impossible.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#726 - 2015-07-07 12:54:41 UTC
afkalt wrote:
Zenmaster Aihaken wrote:
I've been skilling drones and Ishtar for, I dunno, over half a year. I want my money back.



Trains into worlds most OBVIOUSLY overpowered hull and weapon.

These are nerfed.

Cries "unfair" that they are now maybe in the same league as everyone else.




Aaaaah eve-o forums. Delivering shiptoasting 24/7/365


The funniest part is that if you've only been training for it for half a year, it was already aboard the nerf train. It's a slow train but it was on-board already...
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#727 - 2015-07-07 12:59:12 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
afkalt wrote:
Zenmaster Aihaken wrote:
I've been skilling drones and Ishtar for, I dunno, over half a year. I want my money back.



Trains into worlds most OBVIOUSLY overpowered hull and weapon.

These are nerfed.

Cries "unfair" that they are now maybe in the same league as everyone else.




Aaaaah eve-o forums. Delivering shiptoasting 24/7/365


The funniest part is that if you've only been training for it for half a year, it was already aboard the nerf train. It's a slow train but it was on-board already...


Plus training to T2 sentries takes a fairly short time. Well under 2 months.

I did some tests and Gal BS IV and a full RR setup with T2 sentries is possible in under 2 months.

So what the hell this guy did is beyond me.

"Must train drones!"
"ooooh shiny!!!!!!!"
Natalia Abre-Kai
#728 - 2015-07-07 13:02:41 UTC
I'm glad the Myrm, Eos, and Prophecy were included in this nerf for no apparent reason other than laziness.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#729 - 2015-07-07 13:10:37 UTC
Natalia Abre-Kai wrote:
I'm glad the Myrm, Eos, and Prophecy were included in this nerf for no apparent reason other than laziness.


Yeah because BC are in such a good place a small nerf like that is what breaks the camel's back...

All of those ship's users much be terribly sad now. All 26 of them...
Catalina Franklin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#730 - 2015-07-07 13:13:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Catalina Franklin
Drone hate is getting old. And I think that you shouldn't nerf an entire skill set because of one ship. Why not modify the one ship in question to bring it in line instead of doing a blanket nerf and hurting hulls that didn't necessarily need a damage decrease to begin with.
-1 to DDA change
Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#731 - 2015-07-07 13:14:03 UTC
Its a torrential downpour of ratting tears in here. Hope everyone has their boots on.
Moe Alabel
Volatile Restability
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#732 - 2015-07-07 13:17:25 UTC
You have to wonder if the Devs have ever played the game with some of the changes that they implement. The recurring question in the this thread is why in the hell would you make a change that would affect all drones boats to address problems with one in particular?


Below is an example of what the change actually accomplished

Natalia Abre-Kai
Posted: 2015.07.07 13:02

I'm glad the Myrm, Eos, and Prophecy were included in this nerf for no apparent reason other than laziness.


afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#733 - 2015-07-07 13:18:03 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
Catalina Franklin wrote:
Drone hate is getting old. And I think that you shouldn't nerf an entire skill set because of one ship. Why not modify the one ship in question to bring it in line instead of doing a blanket nerf and hurting hulls that didn't necessarily need a damage decrease to begin with.




How many times do I need to quote myself in the same frikken thread?!?!?!??!?!??!
afkalt wrote:
How many times do I need to quote myself in the same frikken thread?!?!?!??!?!??!


afkalt wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Why is the DDA getting nerfed? Nerf the hulls, not the module. Other drone boats like the Dragoon just got nerfed for no reason.



THIS IS WHY





IT
IS
NOT
ONE
SHIP

SAVVY?
Catalina Franklin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#734 - 2015-07-07 13:24:46 UTC
afkalt wrote:
Catalina Franklin wrote:
Drone hate is getting old. And I think that you shouldn't nerf an entire skill set because of one ship. Why not modify the one ship in question to bring it in line instead of doing a blanket nerf and hurting hulls that didn't necessarily need a damage decrease to begin with.




How many times do I need to quote myself in the same frikken thread?!?!?!??!?!??!
afkalt wrote:
How many times do I need to quote myself in the same frikken thread?!?!?!??!?!??!


afkalt wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Why is the DDA getting nerfed? Nerf the hulls, not the module. Other drone boats like the Dragoon just got nerfed for no reason.



THIS IS WHY





IT
IS
NOT
ONE
SHIP

SAVVY?


So because when I started this game I was pushed towards Gallente and Drones I should be punished. Drones have plenty of mechanics that don't make any sense but I don't see any changes on those. Just the damage. And I don't see any actual numbers on that post so how do I tell how much of a difference there really is?
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
#735 - 2015-07-07 13:25:59 UTC
Keep crying, I have lots of drones that need washed.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Natalia Abre-Kai
#736 - 2015-07-07 13:27:33 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Yeah because BC are in such a good place a small nerf like that is what breaks the camel's back...

All of those ship's users much be terribly sad now. All 26 of them...

Yes because all "26" of them deserved a nerf apparently. Roll
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#737 - 2015-07-07 13:32:07 UTC
Natalia Abre-Kai wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Yeah because BC are in such a good place a small nerf like that is what breaks the camel's back...

All of those ship's users much be terribly sad now. All 26 of them...

Yes because all "26" of them deserved a nerf apparently. Roll


The BC didn't so much get nerfed as they just failed to evolve when other hull class get buffed. This is a clear example of why "pushing the bad one up" is not always a good solution. Frigs and cruiser were all brought up and it ended with some class falling in utilisation when they could not adapt.

For the same reasons we should not bring all other HACS in line with the Ishtar and the drone damage prevalence needs to be dealt with by a nerf and not buffs to other ships.

Are some droneboat not really deserving of a nerf? Yes. Should this prevent the closing of a problem because of some exceptions? No.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#738 - 2015-07-07 13:34:31 UTC
Catalina Franklin wrote:


So because when I started this game I was pushed towards Gallente and Drones I should be punished. Drones have plenty of mechanics that don't make any sense but I don't see any changes on those. Just the damage. And I don't see any actual numbers on that post so how do I tell how much of a difference there really is?


It's 2% nerf on the damage mod. It amount to not all that much in the grand scheme of things and yet you are crying here.

You are a typical case of "don't nerf me bro"...
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#739 - 2015-07-07 13:35:40 UTC
Catalina Franklin wrote:
So because when I started this game I was pushed towards Gallente and Drones I should be punished. Drones have plenty of mechanics that don't make any sense but I don't see any changes on those. Just the damage. And I don't see any actual numbers on that post so how do I tell how much of a difference there really is?


You chased the known and obviously overpowered FOTM.

Punished? No, I think not. Brought into line, more like it.

What you are doing is whining about being brought into line, about no longer roflstomping comparable hulls. You'll forgive us if we are not sympathetic to your "plight" about no longer being better than everyone else.

Here are some numbers http://i.imgur.com/yfeQpc4.jpg

The only thing brighter than drones are bombs, which are AoE!!!
Starrakatt
Celtic Anarchy
Dead Terrorists
#740 - 2015-07-07 13:36:30 UTC
Catalina Franklin wrote:
So because when I started this game I was pushed towards Gallente and Drones I should be punished. Drones have plenty of mechanics that don't make any sense but I don't see any changes on those. Just the damage. And I don't see any actual numbers on that post so how do I tell how much of a difference there really is?

When I started this game I played Minmatar then they got nerfed to the ground. Missiles were the new thing. I trained them. They got nerfed. Then Blasters and Drones. I trained them.

So what, cross train a bit, problem solved.

And for your information: Drones haven't suddenly become useless - You lose what, 5% dps? Live with it.