These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: New SKINS This Summer

First post
Author
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2015-06-05 04:27:58 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
CCP Terminus wrote:
We care if the ships are the same colour. EVE has enough complex and confusing systems without adding ships that look the same but are completely different. It's also a good form of future-proofing.

ROFL! You guys took the color out of all the UI icons a few months back, forcing us to identify things based on shape alone, and now you're saying that the ships we never look at (because OVERVIEW) have to have different colors, otherwise "confusing complexity".

Lol i swear they aint on the same page.

Like module tier-icide to remove complexity, then adding 3 frig icons 3 industrial icons and over 6 freaking container icons...

It kinda amazes me the irony of theur actions lately.
Robert Parr
Iron Tiger T3 Industries
#82 - 2015-06-05 04:31:04 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Just give us what we want.
Not what you think we should want.

The entire player base has told you many different ways in many different venues and ways.

Make it happen, stop pushing your desires on the playerbase, we have enough of our own that arent being met

SO MUCH THIS!!!! ARE YOU GUYS LISTENING??? YES, OF COURSE YOU ARE, JUST IGNORING...WTF, OVER???
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2015-06-05 04:31:25 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Quote:

CCP Falcon wrote:
I've already posted on reddit, but obviously I'll share here too.

To follow up on this thread, we've had a sit down today to talk shop over SKINs and everything surrounding them.

This meeting included Team Size Matters, as well as a few of the art guys, myself, CCP Seagull and our CCP Thomas, our Monetization Director.

We should have a dev blog for you guys early next week that's going to have a decent amount of content in it for you to take a look at.

All I can say right now is that your questions and concerns have been taken on board, and we had a super healthy discussion about all this today, where everyone involved within CCP is very much on the same page Smile

So we want to know what CCP THOMAS the Monetization Director had to do with the meeting.

We need you to tell us about the proce structure.

No one cares if a ishkasdfuakone skin looks like a true ishkasdfuakone skin, just if said skin looks cool and doesnt cost more than a Titan for a frigate sized skin.

Also what about frig-size packs and all cruiser-sized packs?

Stop evading the REAL QUESTIONS

We need to hear about the price part. That is a GIANT HUGE DEAL.

Ccp Thomas as at your meeting. Devblog us those particulars.

Thanks
Robert Parr
Iron Tiger T3 Industries
#84 - 2015-06-05 04:32:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Parr
Memphis Baas wrote:
CCP Terminus wrote:
We care if the ships are the same colour. EVE has enough complex and confusing systems without adding ships that look the same but are completely different. It's also a good form of future-proofing.

ROFL! You guys took the color out of all the UI icons a few months back, forcing us to identify things based on shape alone, and now you're saying that the ships we never look at (because OVERVIEW) have to have different colors, otherwise "confusing complexity".

Amen sister!!! Can CCP say overview???
Stridsflygplan
Krypted Gaming
K R Y P T E D
#85 - 2015-06-05 05:30:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Stridsflygplan
The DevBlog is contradicting itself what it is saying

It first says that:
Quote:
Starting June 9th, we will also be releasing new Sanctuary SKINs for the Sisters of EVE ships: the Astero, Stratios, and Nestor.

The skin for the Stratios in not new, it's the exact same skin as the unique looking:
-Stratios Emergency Responder

later in the blog:
Quote:
Tech 2 and Faction Ships

Another concern of allowing any SKIN on any ship is making Tech 1 ships resemble Tech 2 ships which would have visual gameplay implications. While deciding what SKINs to offer in the release of this feature we carefully selected SKINs for ships by making sure that if we offered a SKIN for that ship the same look was not used by its Tech 2 counterpart. This is the reason why for example there is no Sarum SKIN for the Apocalypse, as it would too closely resemble the Paladin.

The "Stratios Emergency Responder" is a faction ship so " visual gameplay implications" should apply...

Why is CCP trying to sell a unique look of a collector item as a "NEW" skin?

Let me take this thing one step further!

What is the visual difference between these skins when both will be in game?
-Scorpion Ishukone Watch SKIN
-Scorpion Ishukone SKIN

What makes a collector skin unique other then the word "Watch" in the name of the skin?

Feels like there needs to be a solid plan for how legacy rewards and unique items should be handled before we have a SkinGATE
Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2015-06-05 06:25:00 UTC
Stridsflygplan wrote:

Let me take this thing one step further!

What is the visual difference between these skins when both will be in game?
-Scorpion Ishukone Watch SKIN
-Scorpion Ishukone SKIN

What makes a collector skin unique other then the word "Watch" in the name of the skin?

People forget.. The Ishukone Watch Scorp was NEVER supposed to be a unique Ship, it was just a "Skin" on the original Scorp.

The only reason by the end the stats differed, was because in the BS Balance Pass, they adjusted the Scorp, and forgot to go back and do the Ishukone one. This has been stated a few times.
Unlike the Stratios Emergency Responder, which always had unique stats from the original (Banwidth for an Extra Heavy/Sentry drone).

Hell above all that, the Ishukone Scorp was never ment to be as limited release as it was.. Originally CCP wanted to give them out far more to groups doing things in Eve.. but people Raged because they didn't get chosen at the very beginning so CCP stopped doing it.. which sucks..
Scoth Davion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2015-06-05 07:18:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Scoth Davion
Quick questions:

Do you think you will implement a way for the player to select a ship skin with different colors (that may beed to be bought or unlocked with bought skin) and the capability to delete the Corp/Empire logo and to add his own corp/Alliance logo?

Exemple:

To use a Gila skin on a Gila but to replace the primary color by Blue, the secondary color by White. To keep the gurista logo but to add his corp logo to another fixed location.
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#88 - 2015-06-05 09:17:51 UTC
Regarding the comment on lore I don't personally think it makes any sense for example to have a Thukker skin available on an Amarrian ship in terms of NPC/Empire politics. Personally I would rather only have NPC corporation type skins available mainly as the examples of designer skins didn't look as good. No offence intended.

I think a lot of people would like to have skins available designed for their own corporations/alliances or maybe just corp/alliance logos on their ships if they are of high enough quality to be used. But I suspect they would be problems with implementing that.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

CCP Terminus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#89 - 2015-06-05 10:14:07 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:
Well as far as making sure T2 and T1 ships don't look the same, I think you need to make sure the ships have different geometry.

The Moa redo is an excellent example of this, even if they didn't have any textures you can tell the variants apart. other ships got left out, Cerberus doesn't have a separate model, and other ships like the Crane also lost their unique models some time ago. If that gets rectified, and ships differ by more than just a few thrusters and spikes, sharing a texture shouldn't be a problem.

Those are basically our thoughts as well.

@CCP_Terminus // Game Designer // Team Size Matters

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#90 - 2015-06-05 10:39:27 UTC
<----- is patient waiting for a Hello Kitty Kestrel.

And please, get rid of the overview icons. They are an eyesore.

Otherwise, keep up the good work. Still love this game.
CCP Terminus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#91 - 2015-06-05 11:52:38 UTC
Morgan Agrivar wrote:

Wrong team for the overview :P
Also you may be waiting a while for that Hello Kitty Kestrel.

Juliette Asanari
Voodoo Children
#92 - 2015-06-05 12:26:20 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:
Morgan Agrivar wrote:

Doesn't have to be "Hello Kitty" (tm) - pink/white will be sufficient Blink
Darkblad
Doomheim
#93 - 2015-06-05 13:40:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
CCP Terminus wrote:
I'm prepared for that -.-

But as (I think it was CCP BasementBen, on a specific Raven skin during the Art Panel) stated "that's as pink as it gets". Blink

NPEISDRIP

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#94 - 2015-06-05 13:49:18 UTC
And when will we get "SKINS" for our bodies, aka "new clothes"? Blink

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

CaptMalReynolds
The Hynerian Empire
#95 - 2015-06-05 14:03:30 UTC
Concepts look great. The ship skins needed more intensity to the colors. I especially like the raven skins. The current skins with the new lighting system all look far too washed out. The skin color intensity just wasn't made for the lighting system so some of the darker ships IMO looked far better in the old lighting system. Still miss the Serpentis skins back before the new system.

Also would be nice if they found a way average people could actually afford the new skins. The current market skins are way over-priced and their aurum counterparts not much better. No one wants to drop that much on a skin when they could get far more value in other items.
Morgred
Perkone
Caldari State
#96 - 2015-06-05 14:29:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Morgred
I see the problem you guys are having with these skins, and it is quite a problem. I will be patient while you guys solve it, however I do have a suggestion for "where skins should be going" its great that there are faction skins for each race, and those faction skins for the race go on the races ships, for example lai dai is a skin that can be applied to caldari ships, (as lai dai is a corp in caldari so it makes sense caldari ships should have access to the lai dai skin.) however what I was hoping for with these skins is to repaint my abbadon, hyperion, armageddon, typhoon, and tempest all in standard caldari (cold steel gray hull with blue lights)

the point being I want to show off my faction pride in ships that i bought from other factions.
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#97 - 2015-06-05 15:40:20 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Destoya wrote:
No mention of the ridiculous price structure?

We are still evaluating that. We are trying different things as well. See the Marauders and the first bundle. You can get all 4 at a discounted price for example. So no, no comment on the pricing. I am sure however that it will be a continuously evolving thing.

*cough* 4,300 Aur Tech 1 Frigates *cough* That's *cough* 2,293 times the price of the hulls *cough* ISK-wise *cough*

Other than that, awesome system we have here. Big smile
Gemini Tordanis
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#98 - 2015-06-05 16:02:26 UTC
If and When the performance concerns are taken care of, do you think it a possibility in the future for CCP to look into Alliance SKINs? Would be awesome to field a fleet in Alliance colors. Or at least an alliance emblem rather than the typical corporate NPC.
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#99 - 2015-06-05 17:03:56 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:
Morgan Agrivar wrote:

But where is my Guristas Golem then??!?

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

CCP Terminus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#100 - 2015-06-05 17:12:58 UTC
Gemini Tordanis wrote:
If and When the performance concerns are taken care of, do you think it a possibility in the future for CCP to look into Alliance SKINs? Would be awesome to field a fleet in Alliance colors. Or at least an alliance emblem rather than the typical corporate NPC.

Yes ;)