These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

The 50.000.000 Skillpoint club

Author
Rain6636
Team Evil
#1 - 2015-06-02 11:38:45 UTC
For players who have reached this milestone on the way to bittervet status...

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Rain6636
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#2 - 2015-06-02 13:10:55 UTC
Velarra
#3 - 2015-06-03 01:32:18 UTC
As after all, according to ccp 50m sp is the point at which a pilot becomes competitive in 0.0 ? ;)
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2015-06-03 06:38:10 UTC
I've also seen 50 million SP called the point where training a character beyond it is wasted SP, and focusing SP on characters to this level or less is a better idea.
Velarra
#5 - 2015-06-04 19:16:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Velarra
Rain6636 wrote:
For players who have reached this milestone on the way to bittervet status...

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Rain6636


Drones, Gunnery, & Missiles.... ??

Character is an exercise in training based on the limitations of attribute mapping over long periods of time? Or, mmm logistics/support roles...
Rain6635
Team Evil
#6 - 2015-06-06 03:58:01 UTC
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Rain6635

Support, scouting, sneaky stuff. Also shield logi. From here it's crosstraining into multi race Recon and Logi. The nice thing about those roles is the transfer of Engineering and Electronics skills, unlike racial DPS which require new gunnery trees.

The Rains are support characters first and foremost.

http://eveboard.com/compare/Rain6635,Rain6636,Rain6637,Rain6638,Rain6639

Rainf1337 on Twitch

Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#7 - 2015-06-22 05:03:57 UTC
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Erika_Mizune

Passed 65mil SP's just recently, heh, tho my character sheet is all over the place because I like to inject every book I can XD If it has a green check-mark on it, I must inject it! Yup ....

Former DJ & Manager of Eve Radio | Blog | Sounds of New Eden | Twitch | Twitter

LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#8 - 2015-06-22 21:45:08 UTC
So I've been thinking...If this thread is the 50 mil sp EVE Players equivalent of bodybuilding contest Mr. Universe,then the 200 mil sp thread is Mr. Olympia. Lol
Ramshack Z
Maeda-Koru Group
#9 - 2015-06-23 00:14:38 UTC
Forever Int/Mem remapped character reporting in. I've accepted my fate. Scanning is love. Scanning is life.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2015-06-23 06:14:05 UTC
The 200 million SP thread is a weird bunch. I say that because at 50 million SP things start getting good, you max out a couple ships, and you know your way around EVE. By 100 million you've felt some stagnation and beyond that, definitely by 150 million, you're in an SP deadzone.

I know because I have some characters like that, though I didn't grow them myself. At 100 million SP I'm already questioning my life choices. If I'm around to see my characters reach 200 million SP organically... five years from now... I can't imagine what will be going through my head.
Velarra
#11 - 2015-06-24 22:56:25 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
five years from now... I can't imagine what will be going through my head.


Buying/fitting a super carrier, logging off at a safe and letting the characters' account permanently lapse?
Ramshack Z
Maeda-Koru Group
#12 - 2015-06-27 00:58:58 UTC
Rain, I'm going to need a 30.000.000 Skillpoint club. Oops
Hadrian Blackstone
Yamato Holdings
#13 - 2015-06-27 15:22:08 UTC
Ramshack Z wrote:
Rain, I'm going to need a 30.000.000 Skillpoint club. Oops


I'll meet you there! And I'm already running out of stuff I wanna train, lol
Dominique Vasilkovsky
#14 - 2015-06-27 19:28:37 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
The 200 million SP thread is a weird bunch. I say that because at 50 million SP things start getting good, you max out a couple ships, and you know your way around EVE. By 100 million you've felt some stagnation and beyond that, definitely by 150 million, you're in an SP deadzone.

I know because I have some characters like that, though I didn't grow them myself. At 100 million SP I'm already questioning my life choices. If I'm around to see my characters reach 200 million SP organically... five years from now... I can't imagine what will be going through my head.

Well as one of the 200m characters I'll chip in. Once you reach this level you have tried most of what is on offer in game, you get rid of all surplus characters as your main at this stage can do anything you ever want to do. After that you use some of your surplus ISK to get PLEX'd for another 5 years, set a long skill plan and enjoy life outside EVE.

The only gameplay I have done in the past 6 months was to buy a Malice that was later part exchanged for a Chameleon. Once I got it fitted I have not logged back in.
Ramshack Z
Maeda-Koru Group
#15 - 2015-06-28 01:03:12 UTC
I did most of that except I didn't keep any of my main(s) and wasn't rich enough to PLEX my remaining account for that long. I still log in about 2 times a week to explore and enjoy the witty local banter.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-06-30 12:26:32 UTC
I'm trying to figure out if you retain membership in lower level SP clubs once higher ones are reached.
Ramshack Z
Maeda-Koru Group
#17 - 2015-06-30 13:09:51 UTC
Inclusive, best clusive.
Avvy
Doomheim
#18 - 2015-08-06 09:41:53 UTC
Velarra wrote:
As after all, according to ccp 50m sp is the point at which a pilot becomes competitive in 0.0 ? ;)



Are you telling me I'll be sat in a station until I get another 48.7 million sp.

How long is that going to take?

With my rough estimate that would be around another 2.7 years.
Kooshti
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2015-08-06 10:37:27 UTC
Avvy wrote:
Velarra wrote:
As after all, according to ccp 50m sp is the point at which a pilot becomes competitive in 0.0 ? ;)



Are you telling me I'll be sat in a station until I get another 48.7 million sp.

How long is that going to take?

With my rough estimate that would be around another 2.7 years.


you dont gain any experience sitting in a station waiting
Zoei Aakiwa
Doomheim
#20 - 2015-08-06 15:10:58 UTC
Avvy wrote:
Velarra wrote:
As after all, according to ccp 50m sp is the point at which a pilot becomes competitive in 0.0 ? ;)



Are you telling me I'll be sat in a station until I get another 48.7 million sp.

How long is that going to take?

With my rough estimate that would be around another 2.7 years.


"Competitive in 0.0," absent some kind of context is really meaningless.

But I appreciate you two crybabies not taking up server load by logging in while still funding CCP for making a game i enjoy actually playing.
12Next page