These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Skyrim rage quit

Author
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#21 - 2011-12-06 17:10:02 UTC
In this thread, we have a perfect example of the Whiney Gamer.

Want perfect animations? Go walk around outside.

You're missing the point of Skyrim.

Katrina Oniseki

Barakkus
#22 - 2011-12-06 17:44:00 UTC
Selinate wrote:
That's something to rage quit over?

I rage quitted recently because I made a third character, only to find that the game deleted my first character. completely. I now lost around 30 hours of game time.

I then rage quitted again after I got over the first rage quit because I hit bug after bug after bug after bug, all game breaking, within the course of about an hour.

meh...


Go back and play in 6 months, probably have most of the bugs fixed by then.
I'm waiting to waste $60 till then :) I'm burned out on the genre, but it looks like a good game for the most part.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Torrema Sinclair
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2011-12-06 17:47:02 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
In this thread, we have a perfect example of the Whiney Gamer.

Want perfect animations? Go walk around outside.

You're missing the point of Skyrim.


Okay? Whats the point of Skyrim, please enlighten me.
Hyacinthous
Sibyl Cadre
#24 - 2011-12-06 19:04:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Hyacinthous
Torrema Sinclair wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
In this thread, we have a perfect example of the Whiney Gamer.

Want perfect animations? Go walk around outside.

You're missing the point of Skyrim.


Okay? Whats the point of Skyrim, please enlighten me.


Probably something along the lines of:

Turn god mode off and stop staring at the "animations" that you don't notice when you actually play the game. All of the kids and people who have 100 smithing and all those BS stats basically cheated the game and cheated themselves out of an epic experience in the game.

Stop using fast travel and go off the beaten path, explore and find things. Don't focus on the story of the game, focus on what YOU want to do in this world.

Walk everywhere you go, if you haven't ran into assassins, hired goons, thieves, vampires, or other monsters on the roadways or in wilderness - you obviously haven't been playing it correctly.

The point of skyrim and TES games isn't "fast travel from objective to objective finishing quests as fast as possible"

It's more a long the lines of "Hmm, where do I want to go, ah let's go check out riften" Then you head out there on foot and explore the surrounding areas a long the way. It's called Adventuring and unfortunately the kids that have grown up in the "Linear hand holding cookie cutter game" era don't know how to play games unless the game is hand-holding them all the way to the end. There is even roleplaying, where you act as if your character was really in the world - thus sleeping at night, eating and drinking, etc etc. Some people play hardcore and if their characters ever die they make a new one.

The point of skyrim is to Exist in the world and make your own story and your own quests, not to Beat the world and rage quit because you don't know how to immerse yourself. Don't try to spamfest a skill until it's level 100, try only using it when you really want to, or need to.

My smithing is only around 30-40 and anyone who has 100 smithing either cheated or didn't take the time to enjoy the game the way they should.

TL:DR: Play the game in a manner that you immerse yourself and you take the time to delve into and enjoy everything the game has to offer, at an honest pace. Turn your god mode off, stop using the console to cheat, and return to how the game should be then you won't rage about such stupid things that you don't even notice when you just PLAY.
Stupid dumbass kids.

For example, I have been making it a point not to visit every city until I am ready to go to said town, even if I have quests there. IT'S CALLED ENJOYING THE GAME. You don't have to do everything and know everything the first week you play the game, I have read forums and basically the kids ruined the game for themselves by wanting to be "godly" right at the beginning so they cheated their characters and they ruined their own experience.
Barakkus
#25 - 2011-12-06 19:25:27 UTC
Hyacinthous wrote:

The point of skyrim and TES games isn't "fast travel from objective to objective finishing quests as fast as possible"


I blame WoW and other MMOs of the genre for this type of behavior. One of the things that irked me the most about playing EQ2 was most people I would play with would just rush through every quest they could get as fast as possible, never enough time to read the dialogs and story stuff, don't even know what you're doing except, "run here, kill this mob 1000x, run there, click rock thing, run back, quickly click through dialogs, rinse, repeat". I think that's part of the reason I got bored with EQ2.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#26 - 2011-12-06 19:32:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Wilhelm Riley
Needs more varied dialogue. Sad

Edit: I appreciate all the books though.
Shivus Tao
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-12-06 22:08:32 UTC
I never notice the dragon's legs in a fight because I'm too busy hacking at its face.

He just doesn't understand that there is a great amount of give and take in game design. Time is a resource, money is a resource. You can't talk just about animations, because animations aren't created in a vacuum. They're created alongside all other aspects of the game, and depending on the scope of the game the developers will either have more or less time and money to spend on the animations. All those games he listed are linear resulting in less programming overhead, and more resources to work on the animations. Skyrim is a sandbox. Sandboxes with the scope of skyrim have great amounts of programming overhead just because there are near unlimited ways one can interract with the world, and they have to make sure everything works regardless of how the player interracts. Not even this is perfect in skyrim. Unkillable NPC's is a sign of either laziness, or design oversight with lack of time.

You want to know what the point of skyrim is? Above it's summed up pretty well. But I'll add in, go play mount and blade. You'll get a fair idea of what skyrim is at its core without all the voice acting and fancy graphics. If you can't enjoy mount and blade, then quit sandbox RPG's because the animations are apparently far more important to you than what sandbox games offer over such linear titles that you listed.
Barakkus
#28 - 2011-12-06 22:11:13 UTC
We should make all these new generations of gamers go back and play stuff like Zork, Kings Quest, Space Quest, Ultima etc so they can learn an appreciation for what they have now, damn whippersnappers.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2011-12-06 22:23:14 UTC
I think the OP is right, there are some little things that do stand out a bit as weird.

But on the bright side, it should be nothing any decent modder can fix :) I hate how the female skeleton runs, i thin it looks ridiculous, so will check out mods for that later

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Torrema Sinclair
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#30 - 2011-12-06 22:31:25 UTC
Hyacinthous wrote:
Torrema Sinclair wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
In this thread, we have a perfect example of the Whiney Gamer.

Want perfect animations? Go walk around outside.

You're missing the point of Skyrim.


Okay? Whats the point of Skyrim, please enlighten me.


Probably something along the lines of:

Turn god mode off and stop staring at the "animations" that you don't notice when you actually play the game. All of the kids and people who have 100 smithing and all those BS stats basically cheated the game and cheated themselves out of an epic experience in the game.

Stop using fast travel and go off the beaten path, explore and find things. Don't focus on the story of the game, focus on what YOU want to do in this world.

Walk everywhere you go, if you haven't ran into assassins, hired goons, thieves, vampires, or other monsters on the roadways or in wilderness - you obviously haven't been playing it correctly.

The point of skyrim and TES games isn't "fast travel from objective to objective finishing quests as fast as possible"

It's more a long the lines of "Hmm, where do I want to go, ah let's go check out riften" Then you head out there on foot and explore the surrounding areas a long the way. It's called Adventuring and unfortunately the kids that have grown up in the "Linear hand holding cookie cutter game" era don't know how to play games unless the game is hand-holding them all the way to the end. There is even roleplaying, where you act as if your character was really in the world - thus sleeping at night, eating and drinking, etc etc. Some people play hardcore and if their characters ever die they make a new one.

The point of skyrim is to Exist in the world and make your own story and your own quests, not to Beat the world and rage quit because you don't know how to immerse yourself. Don't try to spamfest a skill until it's level 100, try only using it when you really want to, or need to.

My smithing is only around 30-40 and anyone who has 100 smithing either cheated or didn't take the time to enjoy the game the way they should.

TL:DR: Play the game in a manner that you immerse yourself and you take the time to delve into and enjoy everything the game has to offer, at an honest pace. Turn your god mode off, stop using the console to cheat, and return to how the game should be then you won't rage about such stupid things that you don't even notice when you just PLAY.
Stupid dumbass kids.

For example, I have been making it a point not to visit every city until I am ready to go to said town, even if I have quests there. IT'S CALLED ENJOYING THE GAME. You don't have to do everything and know everything the first week you play the game, I have read forums and basically the kids ruined the game for themselves by wanting to be "godly" right at the beginning so they cheated their characters and they ruined their own experience.


Payed master, board and sword, hide armor(cause its damn cool).
Torrema Sinclair
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#31 - 2011-12-06 22:44:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Torrema Sinclair
Shivus Tao wrote:
I never notice the dragon's legs in a fight because I'm too busy hacking at its face.

He just doesn't understand that there is a great amount of give and take in game design. Time is a resource, money is a resource. You can't talk just about animations, because animations aren't created in a vacuum. They're created alongside all other aspects of the game, and depending on the scope of the game the developers will either have more or less time and money to spend on the animations. All those games he listed are linear resulting in less programming overhead, and more resources to work on the animations. Skyrim is a sandbox. Sandboxes with the scope of skyrim have great amounts of programming overhead just because there are near unlimited ways one can interract with the world, and they have to make sure everything works regardless of how the player interracts. Not even this is perfect in skyrim. Unkillable NPC's is a sign of either laziness, or design oversight with lack of time.

You want to know what the point of skyrim is? Above it's summed up pretty well. But I'll add in, go play mount and blade. You'll get a fair idea of what skyrim is at its core without all the voice acting and fancy graphics. If you can't enjoy mount and blade, then quit sandbox RPG's because the animations are apparently far more important to you than what sandbox games offer over such linear titles that you listed.


You can predict the fight just by looking at the feet. And, you are saying that animations was meant to be crappy, just because the story is great? "This man needs a book!", cause you dont need a computer game. The sandbox argument cant be used here cause the would of skyrim is full of NPC's, they behave 50/50 on what you do, if you say "yes" they hate you if you say "no" they love you.

About the "less story, less programming" you are reffering to, is rubish. As far as i know it only takes a word dokument to make a story, sure the games i mentioned have less story, but the animations are great, so dont think your oppinion cuts it here.

Edit: I take my sandbox argument back to some extend
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#32 - 2011-12-06 23:13:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Brujo Loco
Torrema Sinclair wrote:


You can predict the fight just by looking at the feet. And, you are saying that animations was meant to be crappy, just because the story is great? "This man needs a book!", cause you dont need a computer game. The sandbox argument cant be used here cause the would of skyrim is full of NPC's, they behave 50/50 on what you do, if you say "yes" they hate you if you say "no" they love you.



You either have a oddly paraphilic foot/paw/claw fetish or you just be trollin' consolerro friend.

If FIRST, then I believe, like a lot of people out here with quite some years behind their backs playing, that you just missing the point so completely, that no matter of argument will even remotely be close to giving you even a small insight, it's a simple psychological process of never ending spiritual void regarding satisfaction.

Most of the games you proposed as being awesome animated I found DULL to the extreme. I totally hate single path hand holding rpgs since for the record I grew up with in the land of THE BARDS TALE and the SSI GOLD BOX Era of rpg gaming. And to avoid confusing this with "In my time, we walked uphill naked in snowstorm" cliches, what I'm trying to imply is that the current gen of gaming focuses so much on eye candy, your bar for quality is so diff to the type of gamer Bethesda aims to cater with TES.

Even to this day for me Daggerfall and Morrowind were much better than Oblivion (which saw a new generation of gamers attracted to ole' Beth plus Fallout 3 junkies).

I have managed to simply veer from Skyrim, since I know in a year, it will come full GOTY with all DLC packs plus the crapload of mods from www.skyrimnexus.com that I will be able to enjoy it the way it should be for cheap off steam.

Whole point being, that if clumsy animated feet distract from your fun and you need proper foot/paw motions to be in effect to achieve mental arousal, the game is not to blame, the one to blame here ... IS YOU.

See? the same line I give to people with erectile dysfunction works here too. Knowing WHERE the problem lies is the biggest part of trekking the road to Healing and well being.

BUT if you just be trollin' ... well, 7/10 to you for making me reuse my erectile dysfunction line in an internet forum of spaceship pew pew where ships circle each other like idiotic flies.

May I suggest you try skyrim in the future, heavily modded and come talk again? I have found I always hate Vanilla games, and Fo3 and now FNV with gigs of modding match my play style perfectly. Same with Skyrim, when the usual troupe of people will add the correct amount of nudity, pornography, anatomically correct butchery, necromancy gone wrong, lewd companions, not PC intercourse scenes and animations, humorous dialogues, "retroneoavantgarde" clothing with matching hats, demonic infested dungeons with VoiceOvers made by high pitched people and probably everything you can imagine that someone somewhere in the world will make when they have free time?

Who knows, perhaps there will be a mod for you where all Paw/Claw/Feet animations will be re rendered into a weird Cumbia-Hardcore Techno trance style so you will be aroused more?

All in all, I wish you well, may your intercourse partners always have and do the proper feet/claw/paw motions in the order you need/want and that your house is well and fruitful, plus Merry Xmas and Happy New Year plus obligatory Fly Safe eve Salute with emoticon!

o7

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Barakkus
#33 - 2011-12-06 23:58:26 UTC
Brujo Loco wrote:
Most of the games you proposed as being awesome animated I found DULL to the extreme. I totally hate single path hand holding rpgs since for the record I grew up with in the land of THE BARDS TALE and the SSI GOLD BOX Era of rpg gaming. And to avoid confusing this with "In my time, we walked uphill naked in snowstorm" cliches, what I'm trying to imply is that the current gen of gaming focuses so much on eye candy, your bar for quality is so diff to the type of gamer Bethesda aims to cater with TES.


All the AD&D ones from SSI were pretty kewl and pretty open world. I spent like 5 months or so playing Pools of Radiance and before I think I finished it (I don't remember if I actually finished it or not) another 3 months playing Curse of the Azure Bonds. Was awesome. Games used to take months upon months to beat, now it's a mere 6 hours. Unfortunately the whole gaming industry has gone with this A.D.D. game development model and has completely ruined most of the good ideas that hit the market now a days.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Shivus Tao
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2011-12-07 00:49:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Shivus Tao
Torrema Sinclair wrote:
Shivus Tao wrote:
I never notice the dragon's legs in a fight because I'm too busy hacking at its face.

He just doesn't understand that there is a great amount of give and take in game design. Time is a resource, money is a resource. You can't talk just about animations, because animations aren't created in a vacuum. They're created alongside all other aspects of the game, and depending on the scope of the game the developers will either have more or less time and money to spend on the animations. All those games he listed are linear resulting in less programming overhead, and more resources to work on the animations. Skyrim is a sandbox. Sandboxes with the scope of skyrim have great amounts of programming overhead just because there are near unlimited ways one can interract with the world, and they have to make sure everything works regardless of how the player interracts. Not even this is perfect in skyrim. Unkillable NPC's is a sign of either laziness, or design oversight with lack of time.

You want to know what the point of skyrim is? Above it's summed up pretty well. But I'll add in, go play mount and blade. You'll get a fair idea of what skyrim is at its core without all the voice acting and fancy graphics. If you can't enjoy mount and blade, then quit sandbox RPG's because the animations are apparently far more important to you than what sandbox games offer over such linear titles that you listed.


You can predict the fight just by looking at the feet. And, you are saying that animations was meant to be crappy, just because the story is great? "This man needs a book!", cause you dont need a computer game. The sandbox argument cant be used here cause the would of skyrim is full of NPC's, they behave 50/50 on what you do, if you say "yes" they hate you if you say "no" they love you.

About the "less story, less programming" you are reffering to, is rubish. As far as i know it only takes a word dokument to make a story, sure the games i mentioned have less story, but the animations are great, so dont think your oppinion cuts it here.

Edit: I take my sandbox argument back to some extend


Your argument makes no sense because it's completely backwards.

Either you don't even know what you're arguing, are so mad that your comprehension is failing, or you're just trolling.

The games you mentioned actually have MORE story than skyrim, which goes along with the point of being a linear story based game. The main character is the star, and your vessel through which to experience the story. Skyrim's story can be summed up in the short main quest. But beyond that the point of skyrim is to experience the world and write your own story. In order to create a free roaming sandbox there is substantially more coding and debugging involved to make sure quests do not break each other, NPC's continue to act properly wherever you go regardless of when you go there. For the degree of coding involved in ensuring everything functions as close to properly as possible in any situation something has to take a hit because resources are finite. Let's compare this to TW2. The NPC's in Flotsam only matter when playing through the first act. Once you get to Vergen or the Kaedweni camp in act 2, Flotsam no longer matters so they don't even have to touch that code. Similarly in act 2, Roche's path has its own contained set of code that does not interact with Iorveth's path code.
Selinate
#35 - 2011-12-07 06:14:29 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
Selinate wrote:
That's something to rage quit over?

I rage quitted recently because I made a third character, only to find that the game deleted my first character. completely. I now lost around 30 hours of game time.

I then rage quitted again after I got over the first rage quit because I hit bug after bug after bug after bug, all game breaking, within the course of about an hour.

meh...


Go back and play in 6 months, probably have most of the bugs fixed by then.
I'm waiting to waste $60 till then :) I'm burned out on the genre, but it looks like a good game for the most part.



Pfft. I want my Daedric armor NAO!!!!

Even though this is probably not a bad idea. I had to quit playing Dark Souls also because of it's broken PvP and multiplayer. Sometimes I play BF3 and try to get into a jet only to find that some guy has gotten in the anti aircraft gun on our aircraft carrier, even though he SHOULD NOT be able to get into any of our vehicles over there without automatically dying.

Meh. Games nowadays...
Lutz Major
Austriae Est Imperare Orbi Universo
#36 - 2011-12-07 07:37:04 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
We should make all these new generations of gamers go back and play stuff like Zork, Kings Quest, Space Quest, Ultima etc so they can learn an appreciation for what they have now, damn whippersnappers.

*sigh* Space Quest!

Roger Wilco: Galaxy Janitor Extraordinaire ... that were the days
Torrema Sinclair
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2011-12-07 09:55:05 UTC
Shivus Tao wrote:
Torrema Sinclair wrote:
Shivus Tao wrote:
I never notice the dragon's legs in a fight because I'm too busy hacking at its face.

He just doesn't understand that there is a great amount of give and take in game design. Time is a resource, money is a resource. You can't talk just about animations, because animations aren't created in a vacuum. They're created alongside all other aspects of the game, and depending on the scope of the game the developers will either have more or less time and money to spend on the animations. All those games he listed are linear resulting in less programming overhead, and more resources to work on the animations. Skyrim is a sandbox. Sandboxes with the scope of skyrim have great amounts of programming overhead just because there are near unlimited ways one can interract with the world, and they have to make sure everything works regardless of how the player interracts. Not even this is perfect in skyrim. Unkillable NPC's is a sign of either laziness, or design oversight with lack of time.

You want to know what the point of skyrim is? Above it's summed up pretty well. But I'll add in, go play mount and blade. You'll get a fair idea of what skyrim is at its core without all the voice acting and fancy graphics. If you can't enjoy mount and blade, then quit sandbox RPG's because the animations are apparently far more important to you than what sandbox games offer over such linear titles that you listed.


You can predict the fight just by looking at the feet. And, you are saying that animations was meant to be crappy, just because the story is great? "This man needs a book!", cause you dont need a computer game. The sandbox argument cant be used here cause the would of skyrim is full of NPC's, they behave 50/50 on what you do, if you say "yes" they hate you if you say "no" they love you.

About the "less story, less programming" you are reffering to, is rubish. As far as i know it only takes a word dokument to make a story, sure the games i mentioned have less story, but the animations are great, so dont think your oppinion cuts it here.

Edit: I take my sandbox argument back to some extend


Your argument makes no sense because it's completely backwards.

Either you don't even know what you're arguing, are so mad that your comprehension is failing, or you're just trolling.

The games you mentioned actually have MORE story than skyrim, which goes along with the point of being a linear story based game. The main character is the star, and your vessel through which to experience the story. Skyrim's story can be summed up in the short main quest. But beyond that the point of skyrim is to experience the world and write your own story. In order to create a free roaming sandbox there is substantially more coding and debugging involved to make sure quests do not break each other, NPC's continue to act properly wherever you go regardless of when you go there. For the degree of coding involved in ensuring everything functions as close to properly as possible in any situation something has to take a hit because resources are finite. Let's compare this to TW2. The NPC's in Flotsam only matter when playing through the first act. Once you get to Vergen or the Kaedweni camp in act 2, Flotsam no longer matters so they don't even have to touch that code. Similarly in act 2, Roche's path has its own contained set of code that does not interact with Iorveth's path code.



You might be right, starting to fail. BUT, im pointing out there is a problem with the game, being the animations that looks damn strange, killing blows that don hit and flying mammoths AND SO ON. What youre doing is denying that the problem is there, just open your eyes a bit. Its funny how you argument for Bethesdas "immersive" story and world, while im only commenting on their animations. How you act in the game doesnt change the way dragons fight, the way people die (ingame) and so on, so the bottomline of this thread: Animations are bad in Skyrim, they should work on it!
Torrema Sinclair
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#38 - 2011-12-07 10:06:39 UTC
Brujo Loco wrote:
Torrema Sinclair wrote:


You can predict the fight just by looking at the feet. And, you are saying that animations was meant to be crappy, just because the story is great? "This man needs a book!", cause you dont need a computer game. The sandbox argument cant be used here cause the would of skyrim is full of NPC's, they behave 50/50 on what you do, if you say "yes" they hate you if you say "no" they love you.



You either have a oddly paraphilic foot/paw/claw fetish or you just be trollin' consolerro friend.

If FIRST, then I believe, like a lot of people out here with quite some years behind their backs playing, that you just missing the point so completely, that no matter of argument will even remotely be close to giving you even a small insight, it's a simple psychological process of never ending spiritual void regarding satisfaction.

Most of the games you proposed as being awesome animated I found DULL to the extreme. I totally hate single path hand holding rpgs since for the record I grew up with in the land of THE BARDS TALE and the SSI GOLD BOX Era of rpg gaming. And to avoid confusing this with "In my time, we walked uphill naked in snowstorm" cliches, what I'm trying to imply is that the current gen of gaming focuses so much on eye candy, your bar for quality is so diff to the type of gamer Bethesda aims to cater with TES.

Even to this day for me Daggerfall and Morrowind were much better than Oblivion (which saw a new generation of gamers attracted to ole' Beth plus Fallout 3 junkies).

I have managed to simply veer from Skyrim, since I know in a year, it will come full GOTY with all DLC packs plus the crapload of mods from www.skyrimnexus.com that I will be able to enjoy it the way it should be for cheap off steam.

Whole point being, that if clumsy animated feet distract from your fun and you need proper foot/paw motions to be in effect to achieve mental arousal, the game is not to blame, the one to blame here ... IS YOU.

See? the same line I give to people with erectile dysfunction works here too. Knowing WHERE the problem lies is the biggest part of trekking the road to Healing and well being.

BUT if you just be trollin' ... well, 7/10 to you for making me reuse my erectile dysfunction line in an internet forum of spaceship pew pew where ships circle each other like idiotic flies.

May I suggest you try skyrim in the future, heavily modded and come talk again? I have found I always hate Vanilla games, and Fo3 and now FNV with gigs of modding match my play style perfectly. Same with Skyrim, when the usual troupe of people will add the correct amount of nudity, pornography, anatomically correct butchery, necromancy gone wrong, lewd companions, not PC intercourse scenes and animations, humorous dialogues, "retroneoavantgarde" clothing with matching hats, demonic infested dungeons with VoiceOvers made by high pitched people and probably everything you can imagine that someone somewhere in the world will make when they have free time?

Who knows, perhaps there will be a mod for you where all Paw/Claw/Feet animations will be re rendered into a weird Cumbia-Hardcore Techno trance style so you will be aroused more?

All in all, I wish you well, may your intercourse partners always have and do the proper feet/claw/paw motions in the order you need/want and that your house is well and fruitful, plus Merry Xmas and Happy New Year plus obligatory Fly Safe eve Salute with emoticon!

o7


Its funny how you twisted it, implying i got a thing with feet. I DONT HAVE A THING FOR DRAGONFEET. But as i mentined, i played the game on master with stick and board, studded hide armor, so when i got hit, i GOT hit. So noticed that everytime the dragon lifted its feet while pulling the head back, i needed to block. Everytime it didnt lift its feet and pulled back the head, shield bash, cause then the breath started.

Youre right, i will never say "ok, im wrong there was never anything wrong with the animations", because there is! The game is awsome storywise, BUT thats not all for a game like this! The games story and world is pointing towards fighting, and thats how you progress ingame, but if that one thing as fighting is broken, id say the game is broken, because ONE of the games main element is broken.
Shivus Tao
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2011-12-07 12:24:48 UTC
And my point is, while the animations are not the best ever, they don't even make the top 100 on the list of things Bethesda needs to fix and add. No one's really disputing that the animations leave something to be desired when you actually look at them. They're disputing your apparent prioritization of animations over everything else. Once Bethesda fixes the random CTD's, the few broken quests, and puts out patches that fix things without breaking other things, then they could polish up the animations.
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#40 - 2011-12-07 18:01:53 UTC
Torrema Sinclair wrote:


Its funny how you twisted it, implying i got a thing with feet. I DONT HAVE A THING FOR DRAGONFEET. But as i mentined, i played the game on master with stick and board, studded hide armor, so when i got hit, i GOT hit. So noticed that everytime the dragon lifted its feet while pulling the head back, i needed to block. Everytime it didnt lift its feet and pulled back the head, shield bash, cause then the breath started.

Youre right, i will never say "ok, im wrong there was never anything wrong with the animations", because there is! The game is awsome storywise, BUT thats not all for a game like this! The games story and world is pointing towards fighting, and thats how you progress ingame, but if that one thing as fighting is broken, id say the game is broken, because ONE of the games main element is broken.



And hence my first statement remains true. You are in a point of thought that no matter what you are just reinforcing selectively what you KNOW (or believe to KNOW) to be true. As a Psychologist I find amusing somewhat that people sometimes post stuff just to reinforce their view and use all the replies as proof that what they say is the same no matter what. Thats why I used the examples mentioned before. You could be talking about how Earth is flat and me about how flat surfaces turn you on. When you deconstruct the original statement, I could be ad nauseam replying to you in an endless loop of you just narrowly entrenching yourself in your original statement despite anything that can be construed within.

Fact is If I want to keep deconstructing your OP, if EVERYONE agreed you would have lost any and all kinds of interest on it right away and would have jumped at another angle of Skyrim, it being the focus of your self serving need (which I cannot even begin to fathom or bother to theorize beyond basics) and perhaps we would see another topic on how the way you Swing swords is lame and the combat can be construed in how the npc animation swinging from the left obviously means you can parry with Left Ctrl all the time as you spam 1, then someone like me would say you are aroused by the act of spamming 1 and wish you well in all your future keyboards to be reinforced in key 1.

Just sayin'.

so TLDR:

Game is okish, you have an issue with it that only splashes to the world a personal neurotic quirk of no importance and we all be trollin'

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco