These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Stand up and fight !

Author
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#41 - 2015-06-02 23:47:12 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:

It's your combative demeanor and your platform of isolation/obliteration of the Federation and calling for it in a conference of peace. Of course the Federation pilots are going to get hostile, you're essentially there to try and hang them. Nobody from outside your own circle of friends wants anything to do with you.

Claiming I was calling there for obliteration is an outrageous ignorance.
I'd recommend you to take reading lessons first before writing here in future.

Way to miss the point, Kimmy.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#42 - 2015-06-02 23:55:10 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
James Syagrius wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Why are you even trying, gallentean?!

My name is James....

I am trying my dear because I have determined you are worthy of the effort.

I watched your struggle during our conversations.

A struggle with hate, fear and a life time of self-deluding fabrications, that for a fleeting glimmer of time you conquered.


If you claim that the fact that gallenteans blow up penal colonies with Caldari prisoners of war is a fabrication, you are a cold-hearted monster, one of the worst kinds that our universe can born!

How does that work? We are monsters for hoping for the best in light of concrete evidence? Honestly, I have yet to see any evidence that couldn't be set up on a stage. You also can't verify that, assuming your little video was ligit, what occurred at that colony wasn't an accident.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#43 - 2015-06-03 08:55:14 UTC
Point 1) Ms Kim: I urge you to deliver any evidence of malpractice to the DED and allow them to deal with it.

Point 2) If Rhiannon Dallacorte is a wench...does anyone have her number?
Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#44 - 2015-06-03 12:21:20 UTC
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Point 1) Ms Kim: I urge you to deliver any evidence of malpractice to the DED and allow them to deal with it.

Point 2) If Rhiannon Dallacorte is a wench...does anyone have her number?



I have nothing to say in regards to point one.

Regarding point two, she's not and should you approach her under such a pretense...you'll get more than you bargained for. They don't call her "Viper" for nothing.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#45 - 2015-06-03 12:31:56 UTC
Liam Antolliere wrote:
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Point 1) Ms Kim: I urge you to deliver any evidence of malpractice to the DED and allow them to deal with it.

Point 2) If Rhiannon Dallacorte is a wench...does anyone have her number?



I have nothing to say in regards to point one.

Regarding point two, she's not and should you approach her under such a pretense...you'll get more than you bargained for. They don't call her "Viper" for nothing.


regarding point two: Damn. But why does that make her seem more attractive?
Rhiannon Dellacorte
Liberty Vanguard
#46 - 2015-06-03 13:00:05 UTC
My ears are burning.

Rules of Acquisition #261

A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#47 - 2015-06-03 13:12:54 UTC
Rhiannon Dellacorte wrote:
My ears are burning.


Nothing bad from me I can assure you Miss Dellacorte. Unless you ask me nicely....
Rhiannon Dellacorte
Liberty Vanguard
#48 - 2015-06-03 13:28:43 UTC
Well I'm here Kim. You finally drew me out of my nest.

I'm a bit busy, but I might be able to pencil you in for this afternoon. Kaalakiotan K'vire Green sound good to you?

Rules of Acquisition #261

A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.

Rinai Vero
Moira.
Villore Accords
#49 - 2015-06-03 13:42:36 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

If you claim that the fact that gallenteans blow up penal colonies with Caldari prisoners of war is a fabrication, you are a cold-hearted monster, one of the worst kinds that our universe can born!


Sounds to me like the facility blew up because you breached its security. If a peaceful solution to the war was negotiated between the Caldari and the Gallente governments, these prisoners could be repatriated instead of killed during poorly executed rescue operations.

I'm no friend of the Black Eagles, but even I'm not going to criticize our so called "zealots" defending themselves. Especially not against you and your ilk, who are no better.

Remind me what your policy for the taking of Gallente prisoners is Ms Kim?
iyammarrok
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2015-06-03 15:20:45 UTC
[[ Camera drone shows smoldering ruins of a colony, opened up like petals from inside and eviscerated metal buildings, burnt bodies scattered on covered with rubble and snow road. Caldari personnel are pulling away survivors in orange uniforms with tired faces, bearing evidences of beating and abusive treatment. ]]

ok.
let's break this down so that it is simple enough even for kimmy to understand.

Given that the camera drone footage shows snow, and the barren planet in system appears to have no polar caps or evidence of snow upon it, the only planet remaining in system that this camera drone footage could even possibly have been taken on is Elanura IV an ice planet.

Planetary statistics (linked in a previous post) state that the surface temperature on this planet is approximately 40.90 Kelvin.
translated to Degrees Celsius, that would put the surface temperature at a mildly chilly -232.25 C

as far as I am aware, orange jumpsuits do not protect against that degree of cold. in fact, anyone exposed to such a temperature without adequate protection would likely be unconscious within minutes.

now... would you care to explain this discrepancy Diana?
While prison facilities on both sides undoubtedly exist, your claim as to the location of this one is obviously false.

Let us also not forget that for at least the first five years of the proxy war, Caldari POW camps were under Provist or even Dragonaur control, and given your own record with POWs, we can probably guess how well they've been treated.

Not indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#51 - 2015-06-03 16:36:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Pieter Tuulinen
So... What you're saying is that FIO prison camps are operating under the same protocols as camps run by the Provists (a discredited political organisation similar to the U-Nats) or the Templis Dragonaurs (an outlawed terrorist organisation) and you're fine with that?

Bullshit.

Poor behaviour is not made good behaviour by the poor behaviour of the other side. Anyone who knows anything about Black Rise knows about the existence of these concentration camps, knows that they are not legal according to Federal law and knows that they are immoral and unethical.

You should never judge innocent Baseliner personnel on the standards displayed by their capsuleer masters. You might very well believe that Diana Kim has committed crimes that have earned her a spot in these camps, but she is not who is being consigned to them and acting as apologists for their existence and the conduct of their operators demeans both you and the personnel incarcerated there.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

iyammarrok
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2015-06-03 16:56:30 UTC
Pieter, i'm not in any way condoning the existence of these camps or the treatment of those inside.
Nor have i denied they exist at any point.

I have simply been refuting Diana's blatantly false camera footage regarding the system in question and her position regarding federation prisoners, (which is to say that she refuses to take them and shoots escape pods regardless of the occupants)

Put into more direct terms... Pot, Kettle.

Not indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#53 - 2015-06-03 17:59:02 UTC
You're conflating Diana with the State and using the origin of the accusation to diminish the seriousness of it. Even if she's faked the footage, the fact remains that these camps DO exist - and I feel that THAT is the bigger issue here, not the lengths to which Diana is going to bring this issue into the light.

The fact that Diana commits what should be considered war crimes if she were anything other than a member of the State Protectorate militia, under which banner collects a comparable aggregate of scum and villainy to that which collects under the banners of the other militias, does not excuse the Federation, a sovereign state and signatory to all manner of accords, from doing the same or worse.

Neither would it free the State from that same burden, if evidence of State concentration camps in Black Rise were to be brought forward.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Rinai Vero
Moira.
Villore Accords
#54 - 2015-06-03 18:35:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Rinai Vero
Excusing the Federation from complicity in war crimes isn't the point. These camps have in fact been documented before. Their continued existence is a travesty on a level that only their original establishment competes.

However, to have Diana Kim of all people come to the IGS and propagandize on the subject of humane and lawful treatment of POWs goes too far. Moreover, her actions have been incompetent at best. I say at best, because Kim has proven herself nothing if not a fanatic willing to sacrifice the lives of fellow Caldari to promote her twisted ideology.

Remind me, what was the name of that formerly State Loyalist PMC whos pilots she attacked despite their shared service to the STPRO at the time?

If she truly wanted to effect a mass "rescue" of Caldari POWs, she would be organizing CovOps pilots in secret. Instead she's posting an exhortation for State capsuleers to escalate warfare against the Federation. Like she does. Every. Single. Topic.

My view is that those prisons exploded because Kim was too incompetent to deactivate them when she was hacking the security systems. Maybe. Maybe they exploded so that Kim could get some good footage for her next propaganda rant.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#55 - 2015-06-03 18:49:17 UTC
*sigh*

Ok, this has gone on long enough. This thread is now about equal rights for Furriers. If you disagree with the topic, you're a Furiphobe and need to check your privilege. Support the cause people!

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#56 - 2015-06-03 18:50:30 UTC
Not arguing with you, there, Rinai. Diana has been shown to be remarkably comfortable with executing her own troops to make a point. All I wanted to do was separate the two discussions.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Maria Daphiti
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#57 - 2015-06-03 18:58:58 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
*sigh*

Ok, this has gone on long enough. This thread is now about equal rights for Furriers. If you disagree with the topic, you're a Furiphobe and need to check your privilege. Support the cause people!


Furriers are vermin with fuzzy tails that always ate my mother's strawberries when I was growing up! they deserve no rights.
Rinai Vero
Moira.
Villore Accords
#58 - 2015-06-03 19:26:07 UTC
Maria Daphiti wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
*sigh*

Ok, this has gone on long enough. This thread is now about equal rights for Furriers. If you disagree with the topic, you're a Furiphobe and need to check your privilege. Support the cause people!


Furriers are vermin with fuzzy tails that always ate my mother's strawberries when I was growing up! they deserve no rights.


Kill them with fire?
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#59 - 2015-06-03 19:52:48 UTC
Maria Daphiti wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
*sigh*

Ok, this has gone on long enough. This thread is now about equal rights for Furriers. If you disagree with the topic, you're a Furiphobe and need to check your privilege. Support the cause people!


Furriers are vermin with fuzzy tails that always ate my mother's strawberries when I was growing up! they deserve no rights.

They only ate your mother's strawberries because they were starving! They can't find gainful employment due to discrimination. Won't you give them a chance? *puts on her best puppy dog face*

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#60 - 2015-06-03 20:54:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Liam Antolliere
Let's stop playing games and be honest with each other...

...or perhaps we should be honest with ourselves first.

None of our governments are innocent. None of them are free of corruption. None of them are shining examples of the principles and convictions that they are supposedly built upon.

If any of us actually believe they are, then I have a very nice photo album of my wedding to Empress Jamyl Sarum I that I would like to sell you.

We don't support our respective governments because they're innocent. We don't stand in their defense and argue on their behalf because they're beacons of morality, ethics and principles.

We do so because, even with all of their faults, sins, wickedness, failures, corruption and deceit, we find the ideals they are built upon, the societies they foster and/or the people they harbor to be of greater value.

This doesn't absolve them of their crimes, alleviate them of their responsibilities or justify their sins...but it does give us something to hold to, something to fight for and something to kill for. Perhaps the dream of what our governments could be is a powerful force that drives us, compels us, to strive ever toward it with conviction and dedication or perhaps it is so fragile that a whisper would shatter it and so we must defend it from all attacks and act in its stead to protect it from itself.



I offer no excuses nor justifications for the existence of these camps. Their existence simultaneously makes me sick and angry but I also know they are only one of the many monsters hiding in the Federation's closet. What is truly beyond acceptability is that this already disgusting situation would then be twisted further, even to the point of inflicting greater suffering on the already wronged occupants, for politicizing and warmongering without regard to the consequence or the source. That is inexcusable.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."