These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Sounding board for structures in w space

First post
Author
HTC NecoSino
Suddenly Carebears
#41 - 2015-05-26 14:17:56 UTC
Morgan Agrivar wrote:
Is it required to live in a wormhole to attend?

Considering the host....
Ghenghis Kralj
Big Johnson's
#42 - 2015-05-26 14:33:12 UTC
Won't be able to attend but look forward to listening!

Ion Udan wrote:
Nox52 wrote:
That's 4 am for eastern au tz If I got my time right. No way that's gonna happen.

Another event at silly hour. Sigh.

I love all these whiny Americans.

Update for you kiddies, world doesn't revolve around you. Deal with it.

Sounds like somebody mad. I think yo have a fever. And the only prescription is more U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A!!!!!!!
Alundil
Rolled Out
#43 - 2015-05-26 14:40:23 UTC
corbexx wrote:
I'll be organising a soundingboard for people to come and discuss issues and concerns with structures. CCP Nullarbor will be there as well.

Time will be 1800 eve time on wednesday the 27th of may.

If you want to come along please post. I'll be sending out ts details and passwords nearer the time.

corbexx will this be recorded and posted somewhere (soundcloud or other)?

Thanks,

I'm right behind you

corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2015-05-26 14:45:59 UTC
Alundil wrote:
corbexx wrote:
I'll be organising a soundingboard for people to come and discuss issues and concerns with structures. CCP Nullarbor will be there as well.

Time will be 1800 eve time on wednesday the 27th of may.

If you want to come along please post. I'll be sending out ts details and passwords nearer the time.

corbexx will this be recorded and posted somewhere (soundcloud or other)?

Thanks,

yeah will be on sound cloud or something will most likely end upon fuzzworks
Bloemkoolsaus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2015-05-26 14:56:05 UTC
I managed to make some room in my schedule, I will attend Smile
Stealth General
Vision Inc
Hole Control
#46 - 2015-05-26 18:09:13 UTC
Count me in!
unimatrix0030
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2015-05-26 19:07:33 UTC
I would love to join the soundboard.
Mybe a tip to all those who join :
There is a nice compilation of asked and answered from the official forum thread in this blog :
http://turamarths-evelife.blogspot.com/2015/05/what-he-said.html
There is also corbexx blog at http://corbexx.blogspot.com/ .

No local in null sec would fix everything!

Glyndi
Doom Generation
Best Intentions.
#48 - 2015-05-26 20:48:40 UTC
If I can squeak in for this I'd love to join. Thanks!
calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#49 - 2015-05-27 05:48:42 UTC
unimatrix0030 wrote:
I would love to join the soundboard.
Mybe a tip to all those who join :
There is a nice compilation of asked and answered from the official forum thread in this blog :
http://turamarths-evelife.blogspot.com/2015/05/what-he-said.html
There is also corbexx blog at http://corbexx.blogspot.com/ .

Reading this should be a mandatory requirement to join the session :P
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#50 - 2015-05-27 08:41:19 UTC
In case work eats my minion;

1) In highsec, if POSs don't need fuel, they will essentially become permanent. This will then mean infinite proliferation of permanent POSs by one man shitheel corps throughout space, which last forever and can only be removed by wardecs.

Then, if the large structures are too easily ramped up to defendability in any fashion, you couldn't even remove them except via large fleets.

Given there is no loot, or minimal loot, to be gained, no one will risk a POS siege just to kick over the citadel of a 1 man alt corp in highsec.

Is CCP ready to put in a mechanism for removing these from highsec? Like, you know, fuel, starbase charters?

1b) Charters? Y/N still in game?

2)
I am encouraged POSs will defend themselves. However, citadel torps and cruise need tweaks if Caldari POSs will be effective, otherwise they can be completely trolled by anything with an Entosis link

3) Is CCP aware that in limiting gun slots, the Citadel defences will become effectively saturated after the 8th ship? hence why would people not "control the grid" by just saturating it with cheap ships, or indeed Entosis ships?

4) Regarding POS guns, can you confirm that player skills will affect them? if so, which skill? Is starbase defence management going to be the primary skill, or will other skills also come into effect?

5) Can POS guns be shot off?

6) Registering disuiet at the idea of docking games.

7) Just confirming that you can set your POS in w-space to be a freeport, have a market hub, etc? Or can I not charge 100M ISk per core probe to doofuses who get stranded in my C4?
corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2015-05-27 11:24:50 UTC
Athanor Ruthoern
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2015-05-27 14:24:38 UTC
I would like ot join in as well.
Glasgow Dunlop
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2015-05-27 15:15:57 UTC
Ill be der. Sober. Its shocking i know.

@glasgowdunlop #tweetfleet

TDSIN Director : Join 'TDSIN pub' for more info, Join today!

Glasgow EVE Meets Organiser

Hohenheim Thellere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2015-05-27 17:46:35 UTC
I'd like to attend.

Hohenheim Thellere CEO Henthell Corporation

www.henthellcorporation.com

Recruitment Now Open

Null Sec, New Player Friendly, no SP Requirement

Recruitment Channel: HenCo Recruitment

Ghenghis Kralj
Big Johnson's
#55 - 2015-05-27 18:19:06 UTC
please post soundcloud link here once it's all said and done. thanks!
Ransu Asanari
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2015-05-28 02:07:47 UTC
Here's a link to the notes I took, and some of the transcribing. It also has a link to the mp3 that I put up on Dropbox. We'll get it hosted somewhere more permanent soon:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OMrkXohZxeMKdG9KGClNcA-56Mj4hajceLw7lSJcsDg/edit
corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2015-05-28 12:15:32 UTC
Nox52
Pterygopalatine
#58 - 2015-05-28 14:01:43 UTC
Listening to about the first hour of that was at times painful. Sigh.

On the issue of loot, I really hope the WH model should stay as it is, you destroy the structure, the loot drops after loot fairy/bob takes it's share and the victors take the spoils. No hand holding, k space kinda crap. Yeah having it go to a journal entry that you can then access when you setup a new structure in the wormhole is intriguing but it leave no option to intercept that loot by the victors, which is one of the important motivations of actually kicking over the sandcastle. If you can't handle that then wh space isn't for you and perhaps you should seek k space entertainment.

There was a comment at a point asking about shared hangars. I think one of the CCP devs replies that shared hangars roles should be filled by the corporation entity in and of itself. This shows me that CCP dev really doesn't get "it" as part of not having lived in a ******* wormhole out of a damned POS for an extended period of time.

What we really need in my opinion is a easily configurable x number of hangar tabs, for which a master list to govern accees. SO I can have a hangar to myself and my alts so I don't have to make 20 steps to share stuff with my alts. And then a different hangar with a different list to add access to my good mate Tony and Bill but not Fred cause that guy always steals my core probes. You should eb able to easily copy the list to different structures as needs. And redio the freaking atrocious roles.

On the issue of clones. For the love of all mighty bloody BOB stop going with the idea of any variation to clone in or out of the wormhole. You get poded you are back in kspace, no discussion, end of the line. What would be nice is to have something to be able to switch clones in the wormhole, from the slaved up laser one to the shield hybrids for argument's sake. No cloning in or out. Just no.

I'm sure there's more to talk about in the next hour of the discussion.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#59 - 2015-05-28 17:46:14 UTC
I have not listened yet, but i will. I think the Citadels could do a combination, you have the personal hanger and a corp hanger. if the citadel blows up it drops whats in your corp hanger, but you personal hanger is the other pickup method.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#60 - 2015-05-29 00:20:34 UTC
Having listened, it is clear that removing the POS ties to moons is basically unworkable barring some kind of brainwave solution.

Citadels not on overview = use combat probes
Combat probes = surprise gone
No probes = Where is structure?
POS's on overview = EZ mode scouting
POS's on system scanner = cluttered
POS's not on system clutter = go to back to top