These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

When dx12 is out and our pc's dramatically improve graphics wise

Author
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2015-05-14 12:20:22 UTC
Avaelica Kuershin wrote:
I think it's at this point, talking about how things were, that you've probably bamboozled the OP

Still remember being in awe when I first played Doom.

Thread derail : Success!!!
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2015-05-14 16:07:56 UTC
Teinyhr wrote:
I'm amused that the OP thinks the majority of EVE players would have DX12 capable setups before 2022. Seriously I think something like 30% of EVE players were still using Windows XP a mere couple of years ago.

I don't need to upgrade my PC every year just to play a video game. If the choice is Eve for an extra 400-1000 dollars, or going without so that I don't need to upgrade my PC, the choice for me is very clear.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#43 - 2015-05-14 16:33:20 UTC
Awesome, yet another post about DX by someone that has no idea about the modern graphics pipeline, PC architecture or how Eve actually works. Yes, DX 12 will finally let us have ponies and unicorns in our captains quarters, life in the 'verse will be spectacular! It will make things so fast and shiny battles will finish before they even start!
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#44 - 2015-05-14 17:24:03 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
It will make things so fast and shiny battles will finish before they even start!

They already do, it's called blueballing.

hehehe
Commissar Rain
Kesukka
#45 - 2015-05-14 17:28:42 UTC
Please no DX12, I want to play Eve on my potato toaster forever!
Eve Solecist
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#46 - 2015-05-14 17:36:09 UTC
Back in my days we did everything in assembler.
Full screen.
In realtime!

Nowadays kids have no ******* clue how to write fast code
or not rely on hardware to do a man's job.

We had fast, actual voxel engines, not silly, gigantic blocks like in minecraft.
We had realtime raytracing, fullscreen, running on a single cpu!

And then came Windows.
  • All incoming connection attempts are being blocked. If you want to speak to me you will find me either in Hek local, you can create a contract or make a thread about it in General Discussions. I will call you back. -
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#47 - 2015-05-14 20:24:15 UTC
Eve Solecist wrote:
Full screen.
In realtime!

We had fast, actual voxel engines, not silly, gigantic blocks like in minecraft.

And then came Windows.

Word.
Teinyhr
Ourumur
#48 - 2015-05-14 21:08:19 UTC
13kr1d1 wrote:
I don't need to upgrade my PC every year just to play a video game. If the choice is Eve for an extra 400-1000 dollars, or going without so that I don't need to upgrade my PC, the choice for me is very clear.

Realistically speaking you only need to upgrade the graphics card which you can get for a couple of hundred bucks. My computer is about 4 years old with parts that were couple of years old even then, yet it's DX11 capable. So you know, upgrade your comp at least once a decade, cheapskate. :P
Solecist Project
#49 - 2015-05-15 12:49:18 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Eve Solecist wrote:
Full screen.
In realtime!

And then came Windows.

Word.

Second Reality, hell yeah! :D
I remember us talking a bit about the topic. ^_^

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Neesa Corrinne
Nyx Legion..
Breakpoint.
#50 - 2015-05-15 13:27:43 UTC
13kr1d1 wrote:
Teinyhr wrote:
I'm amused that the OP thinks the majority of EVE players would have DX12 capable setups before 2022. Seriously I think something like 30% of EVE players were still using Windows XP a mere couple of years ago.

400-1000 dollars? Good googly moogly, that's overkill. Even if you bought a current gen card, you'd only need a GTX 960 which you can get on sale for like 150-180 if you time it right.
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2015-05-15 15:02:51 UTC
Neesa Corrinne wrote:
13kr1d1 wrote:
Teinyhr wrote:

400-1000 dollars? Good googly moogly, that's overkill. Even if you bought a current gen card, you'd only need a GTX 960 which you can get on sale for like 150-180 if you time it right.

A next gen card only works as well as the next bottleneck in your system, whether its ram that is not made anymore so is increasing in price, or a new mobo to handle new ram.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

stoicfaux
#52 - 2015-05-15 15:53:16 UTC
IIRC, the EVE servers don't run graphics, so DX12 will not improve time dilation.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#53 - 2015-05-15 17:20:01 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
IIRC, the EVE servers don't run graphics, so DX12 will not improve time dilation.

Even if it did run the graphic, you would still be stuck with clogged CPU pipes because of all those god damn object in space on the same node.
Previous page123