These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Do not train to fly battleships

Author
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#441 - 2015-06-21 21:46:59 UTC
Ahed Sten wrote:
Now can we please stop publicizing the OP and his bad ideas?

One of the best threads on BS supremacy for some time. Thanks, OP!

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#442 - 2015-06-22 11:58:07 UTC
Ahed Sten wrote:
This thread was past it's expiration date two months ago when I first saw it, how the hell is it still on page 1 and why do people continue to waste their time? OP has obviously made some undeniable truths very clear for the rest of you naysayers.

You're right, OP. Battleships are terrible ships and you should never, ever fly one. They serve no purpose in this game whatsoever, they're outclassed by everything from Frigates to Supers and they're a total waste of skill points. You totally hit the nail on the head with your astute observations, and I support your decision to never train or fly any of them! Thumbs up!

*Sneaks off to do fun battleship stuff in a battleship with other battleships.*

...

You know that OP is bad.

Everyone that has read this knows that OP is bad.

OP probably even knows that OP is bad but can't admit it.


Now can we please stop publicizing the OP and his bad ideas?


Ironically this thread has seen new pilots take up flying battleships and provided a good many tips and fits for people to try out.
Ahed Sten
#443 - 2015-06-22 15:32:34 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Ahed Sten wrote:
This thread was past it's expiration date two months ago when I first saw it, how the hell is it still on page 1 and why do people continue to waste their time? OP has obviously made some undeniable truths very clear for the rest of you naysayers.

You're right, OP. Battleships are terrible ships and you should never, ever fly one. They serve no purpose in this game whatsoever, they're outclassed by everything from Frigates to Supers and they're a total waste of skill points. You totally hit the nail on the head with your astute observations, and I support your decision to never train or fly any of them! Thumbs up!

*Sneaks off to do fun battleship stuff in a battleship with other battleships.*

...

You know that OP is bad.

Everyone that has read this knows that OP is bad.

OP probably even knows that OP is bad but can't admit it.


Now can we please stop publicizing the OP and his bad ideas?


Ironically this thread has seen new pilots take up flying battleships and provided a good many tips and fits for people to try out.


Hmm, good point.
Sespria Secantus
Doomheim
#444 - 2015-06-23 03:29:39 UTC
Ugh huh, I missed the part about that low risk with that high insurance payout. I have Amarr BS lev 5, so I'm thinking about ratting in a Baddon. Still trying to figure out what to use the Geddon for IMO.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#445 - 2015-06-23 05:21:40 UTC
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Still trying to figure out what to use the Geddon for IMO.


Curse on steroids.
Valkin Mordirc
#446 - 2015-06-24 18:06:31 UTC
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Ugh huh, I missed the part about that low risk with that high insurance payout. I have Amarr BS lev 5, so I'm thinking about ratting in a Baddon. Still trying to figure out what to use the Geddon for IMO.



Marauder murderer.
#DeleteTheWeak
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#447 - 2015-06-24 19:15:21 UTC
I've read the entire thread. I've done a lot of thinking on it. I have the solution to this problem. All ships should be auto ballanced to equalize pilot skills in all circumstances.

If pilot A has better guns and more skills than pilot B, then pilot A's damage output should be throttled down so the mathematical damage of each ships guns is equivalent. Ibis vs Mega.... the ibis civilian blasters get an appropriate damage and range boost to auto balance them against the megathron opponent. Shields, armor, cap..... all get auto balanced to the ship you are engaged with. For multiple ships the various stats will be equalized across fleets. If all else fails and Pilot A is just better at eve than Pilot B then A's damage will be reduced further on the fly and B's tanking ability will get a boost on the fly. All fights will end in ties. There will be no losers.

Benefits:
1 - no losers
2 - no ouchy feelings
3 - no need to buy insurance
4 - no losing ships
5 - risk aversion removed from the game
6 - everyone can fly the best ships and implants
7 - super pilots can stop whining about docking
8 - you don't have to bother fitting a tank
9 - you only need to fit 1 gun (and it doesn't even matter which)
10 - Pheonix will become relevant

Downsides:
1 - won't be able to complete missions
2 - only income will be PI, mining, moon goo and scamming
3 - no more faction or meta module drops
4 - there may be some lag as the servers continuously rescale everything on the fly
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#448 - 2015-06-25 01:44:39 UTC
Sounds like a very well thought out plan. Total balance and fair play for all.

I would still fly a battle ship though.
With names like 'Typhoon', 'Armageddon', 'Megathron', etc, it would still feel like I won Cool
Sespria Secantus
Doomheim
#449 - 2015-06-25 03:00:22 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Ugh huh, I missed the part about that low risk with that high insurance payout. I have Amarr BS lev 5, so I'm thinking about ratting in a Baddon. Still trying to figure out what to use the Geddon for IMO.



Marauder murderer.


Thought so, I'm starting to get the feeling that training for this Paladin is a waste of SP. If you to take it anywhere outside HS to try and do C4's, it just seems like local spikes waaaaay up all of a sudden. Even in WH that was pretty quiet (checked with scouting alt), it doesn't stay quiet for long. The marauders are nothing but gank magnets. Would love to try and do WH's in a couple of Baddons, but the cap recharge rate on those ships even with 5 cap mods/rigs is beyond pathetic.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#450 - 2015-06-25 04:50:40 UTC
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Thought so, I'm starting to get the feeling that training for this Paladin is a waste of SP. If you to take it anywhere outside HS to try and do C4's, it just seems like local spikes waaaaay up all of a sudden. Even in WH that was pretty quiet (checked with scouting alt), it doesn't stay quiet for long. The marauders are nothing but gank magnets. Would love to try and do WH's in a couple of Baddons, but the cap recharge rate on those ships even with 5 cap mods/rigs is beyond pathetic.

Don't fly alone and/or unskilled? If you backtrack through the thread, there are vid links of marauders (Paladin included) just decimating cruiser fleets. Even MJD escapes after annihilating a good many cruiser ganker attempts. Of course, if you fit like the OP, forget it Roll

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Sespria Secantus
Doomheim
#451 - 2015-06-25 07:02:35 UTC
Webvan wrote:
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Thought so, I'm starting to get the feeling that training for this Paladin is a waste of SP. If you to take it anywhere outside HS to try and do C4's, it just seems like local spikes waaaaay up all of a sudden. Even in WH that was pretty quiet (checked with scouting alt), it doesn't stay quiet for long. The marauders are nothing but gank magnets. Would love to try and do WH's in a couple of Baddons, but the cap recharge rate on those ships even with 5 cap mods/rigs is beyond pathetic.

Don't fly alone and/or unskilled? If you backtrack through the thread, there are vid links of marauders (Paladin included) just decimating cruiser fleets. Even MJD escapes after annihilating a good many cruiser ganker attempts. Of course, if you fit like the OP, forget it Roll


You got me, I didn't see all the videos. And hell no, I don't fit my BSs nowhere near as pitiful as the OP's T1 abandoned junkyard fits. All of my fits are solid T2/faction fitted with excellent cap stability but heavy neut pressure are always brought to take down a Marauder, why?. Sigh, I just wished that CCP would include some kind of neut resistance while in Bastion Mode.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#452 - 2015-06-25 11:56:20 UTC
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Webvan wrote:
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Thought so, I'm starting to get the feeling that training for this Paladin is a waste of SP. If you to take it anywhere outside HS to try and do C4's, it just seems like local spikes waaaaay up all of a sudden. Even in WH that was pretty quiet (checked with scouting alt), it doesn't stay quiet for long. The marauders are nothing but gank magnets. Would love to try and do WH's in a couple of Baddons, but the cap recharge rate on those ships even with 5 cap mods/rigs is beyond pathetic.

Don't fly alone and/or unskilled? If you backtrack through the thread, there are vid links of marauders (Paladin included) just decimating cruiser fleets. Even MJD escapes after annihilating a good many cruiser ganker attempts. Of course, if you fit like the OP, forget it Roll


You got me, I didn't see all the videos. And hell no, I don't fit my BSs nowhere near as pitiful as the OP's T1 abandoned junkyard fits. All of my fits are solid T2/faction fitted with excellent cap stability but heavy neut pressure are always brought to take down a Marauder, why?. Sigh, I just wished that CCP would include some kind of neut resistance while in Bastion Mode.



Bastion mode has 1 weakness I think - neut pressure. It's really not reasonable to want to remove it. There needs to be at least 1 way (other than overwhelming numbers) to beat a ship.
Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#453 - 2015-06-25 15:08:40 UTC
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Webvan wrote:
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Thought so, I'm starting to get the feeling that training for this Paladin is a waste of SP. If you to take it anywhere outside HS to try and do C4's, it just seems like local spikes waaaaay up all of a sudden. Even in WH that was pretty quiet (checked with scouting alt), it doesn't stay quiet for long. The marauders are nothing but gank magnets. Would love to try and do WH's in a couple of Baddons, but the cap recharge rate on those ships even with 5 cap mods/rigs is beyond pathetic.

Don't fly alone and/or unskilled? If you backtrack through the thread, there are vid links of marauders (Paladin included) just decimating cruiser fleets. Even MJD escapes after annihilating a good many cruiser ganker attempts. Of course, if you fit like the OP, forget it Roll


You got me, I didn't see all the videos. And hell no, I don't fit my BSs nowhere near as pitiful as the OP's T1 abandoned junkyard fits. All of my fits are solid T2/faction fitted with excellent cap stability but heavy neut pressure are always brought to take down a Marauder, why?. Sigh, I just wished that CCP would include some kind of neut resistance while in Bastion Mode.


XLASBs work well against neut pressure. Course that only makes 2 marauders viable. Having an extra mid on the pal/kronos for dual cap boosters would help them not die to the first geddon that lands 20km away.
Perihelion Olenard
#454 - 2015-06-25 18:20:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Perihelion Olenard
You can fit two heavy faction cap boosters on the Kronos if you forgo a propulsion module and settle with dual repairers. That's with neutron blasters and three medium neutralizers for use against smaller ships. Otherwise, PG is the limiting factor and forces you to make a concession somewhere.
Sespria Secantus
Doomheim
#455 - 2015-06-26 01:42:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Sespria Secantus
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Webvan wrote:
Sespria Secantus wrote:
Thought so, I'm starting to get the feeling that training for this Paladin is a waste of SP. If you to take it anywhere outside HS to try and do C4's, it just seems like local spikes waaaaay up all of a sudden. Even in WH that was pretty quiet (checked with scouting alt), it doesn't stay quiet for long. The marauders are nothing but gank magnets. Would love to try and do WH's in a couple of Baddons, but the cap recharge rate on those ships even with 5 cap mods/rigs is beyond pathetic.

Don't fly alone and/or unskilled? If you backtrack through the thread, there are vid links of marauders (Paladin included) just decimating cruiser fleets. Even MJD escapes after annihilating a good many cruiser ganker attempts. Of course, if you fit like the OP, forget it Roll


You got me, I didn't see all the videos. And hell no, I don't fit my BSs nowhere near as pitiful as the OP's T1 abandoned junkyard fits. All of my fits are solid T2/faction fitted with excellent cap stability but heavy neut pressure are always brought to take down a Marauder, why?. Sigh, I just wished that CCP would include some kind of neut resistance while in Bastion Mode.



Bastion mode has 1 weakness I think - neut pressure. It's really not reasonable to want to remove it. There needs to be at least 1 way (other than overwhelming numbers) to beat a ship.


It's a weakness that should be remove for a 1.5 bill isk ship. Neuts, neuts and more neuts is all they bring in blobs making neuts overused and abused. There should be at least a few ships with some kind of nuet resistance and If there is a ship that needs some kind of neut resistance, it's definitely the Marauders. That way it would force cheap gangs to bring that 5k+ dps to take down a Marauder or stay home.
Pam Demonium
Spy Satellite Network
#456 - 2015-06-26 06:28:25 UTC
As long as the big ships are taken the heat, we cruiser jockeys can sit back and lay down DPS

"Your have to know when to foldem, and when to run away" Unlike those space bricks, we cruisers are mobile around the field

Have nuttin bigger then cruiser, and like it that way
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#457 - 2015-06-26 08:10:41 UTC
Pam Demonium wrote:
As long as the big ships are taken the heat, we cruiser jockeys can sit back and lay down DPS

"Your have to know when to foldem, and when to run away" Unlike those space bricks, we cruisers are mobile around the field

Have nuttin bigger then cruiser, and like it that way


wot? you're killboard is blank What?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#458 - 2015-06-26 11:03:16 UTC
Sespria Secantus wrote:


It's a weakness that should be remove for a 1.5 bill isk ship. Neuts, neuts and more neuts is all they bring in blobs making neuts overused and abused. There should be at least a few ships with some kind of nuet resistance and If there is a ship that needs some kind of neut resistance, it's definitely the Marauders. That way it would force cheap gangs to bring that 5k+ dps to take down a Marauder or stay home.


Removing the only weakness these ships have is a bad idea. Most gangs don't bother with neuts these days or dedicate just one ship for the job which means if you remove the irritant first they are free game.
dor amwar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#459 - 2015-06-26 11:57:31 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:


stuff




bs might still have a role in a few places, but i think the role of many ships were replaced by t3 ships long ago. they can be fast, gank, tank, multi-role ... just depends on how you fit them. t3 doesn't have a role, they just take the space of others because they can do x better than that class of ship and still do y... do the damage of a bs, but still be as fast as a cruiser, be as fast as a frigate, and do the damage of a bc. yes, more expensive, but isk doesn't matter anymore.

Omar Alharazaad
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#460 - 2015-06-27 06:46:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5oeP6RRE3M

Apparently Ravens suck too.

Hooked on this guy's videos now, thanks baltec1

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.