These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

All Purpose Mission Ships

Author
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2015-05-14 18:38:17 UTC
Why bring a svipul to a level 3 when you can bring an aurora confessor?
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#22 - 2015-05-15 01:11:23 UTC
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:

WTB Kinetic damage Aurora crystals

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Devasha Detrasha
Doomheim
#23 - 2015-05-15 01:57:32 UTC
erg cz wrote:
Leiliana Atruin wrote:

Do you mind sharing your fit? I am using the e-uni wiki fit on my Domi, so maybe I just need something better.

Something like this:
[Dominix, range tank]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Shadow Serpentis Large Armor Repairer
Damage Control II
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Large Micro Jump Drive
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script

Tachyon Modulated Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Drone Scope Chip II
Large Ionic Field Projector I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor II

Garde II x5
Warden II x5
all sort of combat drones

Rattlesnake and Machariel are better, no discussion here. But they are also more skill demanding and usually gank magnets. If you downgrade guns, you do not need any faction modules on this fit and you will still be doing just fine. Guns are needed against small targets. When sitting 100+ km from frigates you have enough time to hit them even with unbonused large guns cause they are burning toward you at 0 transversal speed and their tank is paper thin. This way your sentry drones can keep working on heavily tanked targets.

I keep hearing this phase "gank magnets" and it makes me wonder if I'm missing something. The ship I use for missions is a NM and later the Paladin. I usually fit my NM with faction Eanms and T2 everything else. Is this ship a "gank magnet", if so is there anyway for me to protect myself from these ganks?
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2015-05-15 04:16:29 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:

WTB Kinetic damage Aurora crystals

Exactly, Confessor only provides EM/THERM damage.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#25 - 2015-05-15 05:14:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Cipher Jones
Quote:
I keep hearing this phase "gank magnets" and it makes me wonder if I'm missing something. The ship I use for missions is a NM and later the Paladin. I usually fit my NM with faction Eanms and T2 everything else. Is this ship a "gank magnet", if so is there anyway for me to protect myself from these ganks?

When they changed up the SOE L4 agents in hisec everyone flocked to them so thats where the most ganking is. Usually they look for purples, or at least high end deadspace to pay for the ganking ships cost. What you described should, at best, attract a ninja trying to bait you into PvP.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-05-15 11:37:11 UTC
Devasha Detrasha wrote:

"gank magnet":
Most of the time(*) people say it not about ship itself but about modules fitted. Reason: if you have enough of green/blue/purples onboard 50% of drop can cover all costs of ganking you. Plus nice killmail.

So having pirate BS is not enough to be 'gank magnet'. Using green/blue/purple mods - can be. Even having T2 rigs (which are expensive by itself) is safe in my books.

* - some ships can attract gankers even without help of modules. I'm talking tournament or special edition ships here.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Previous page12