These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Shake my Citadel

First post First post
Author
Beanhead2
The Bean Consortium
#821 - 2015-08-13 16:54:06 UTC
Citadels look really cool and I am looking forward to seeing them released. Do we know what the plan is for old POS structures?
Will there be a way to convert existing towers/arrays into a citadel?
Drachiel
Mercury LLC
#822 - 2015-08-14 01:52:01 UTC
What if the medium ones can cloak outside their vulnerability windows and for a few minutes after someone docks/undocks? Deep-deployment blops is love.
Talsha Talamar
Nebula Rasa Holdings
Nebula Rasa
#823 - 2015-08-14 03:19:17 UTC
While I love the new concepts, some things worry me:

• Please make sure that EvE does not turn into Real Estate Online like Ultima Online did back then.
  • Also I hope it is not CCPs plan to phase out the Empires in High-Sec.
  • Moreover XL-Citadel market places in high-sec have quite the potential for shaking up the foundations of EvEs economy. In connection with planned changes to production and research structures, this all might be a bit to much and radical change at once.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#824 - 2015-08-14 06:42:55 UTC
Drachiel wrote:
What if the medium ones can cloak outside their vulnerability windows and for a few minutes after someone docks/undocks? Deep-deployment blops is love.

The goal is deploy deep inside the back end of other people's territory. +1
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#825 - 2015-08-15 07:34:23 UTC
I'm not excited about simplified POS's. I think you may remember that I many times have firmly suggested that it's the complexity of EVE that is its forte. Complexity is what I find the most fun in EVE. Making the POS into a ship....will completely turn me off to POS. The other stuff is fine... I suppose.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

XOS Psymon
Ehefkae
#826 - 2015-08-18 12:09:18 UTC
Hello there,

What pricerange will it be for Small, Large and XL Citadels ?

I would like to know how small WH entities would be able to use Caps as they used to park those in POS (with our without parking them in a CSAA).

If you do that this way, can you tell me how convinent that will be for WH entities (since previous patches, we have seen a real migration of WH population getting out of Wormholes because it was more and more abandonated by players).

Wormholes were pretty nice when they were full of small entities, those entitites were creating content for medium scale entities, and then Medium entities were able to provide content for large-scale entities. Since your last changes, medium entities merged with eatch other to get stronger, the reaction of large entities were about the same and then WHS was full of emptiness, since most active entities were found in 10 ish systems. The result is that most entities fell down in inactivity or went to K-Space, Low-Class WH or even wuit EvE, witch is a pain both for the community and for you, CCP.

I think you've broke up something there, If you want to make it worth it, you have to somehow rebuild what it was possible to do for all kind of entities in the past.

Psymon
Spar Multendor
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#827 - 2015-08-18 22:43:01 UTC
For give me if these have been asked and or answered...

Will we be able to equip warfare links?

Can you dock if you are criminal?

Does the invulnerability link (or w/e its being called by now) protect you from NPCs while you are in a ship (Concord, Police, Navy, ect)?

What will happen if you attack citadels in highsec?

Can remote repair modules be fit to Citadels?

When can we expect to see something on the test server?
Grognard Commissar
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#828 - 2015-08-31 03:20:08 UTC
[quote=Black Pedro

Like it or not, that is the direction CCP is taking the game. I see no reason why the poor folk living in nullsec should be the only ones forced to show up and defend anytime someone knocks on the door, whether or not the aggressor is just trolling or really looking for a fight. [/quote]
uhh... because it's nullsec... otherwise... there's no point to putting a structure in hisec. heck, i'd put it out in null just si I could fit all the fun AoE weaps to it.
Black Pedro
Mine.
#829 - 2015-08-31 05:38:00 UTC
Grognard Commissar wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:

Like it or not, that is the direction CCP is taking the game. I see no reason why the poor folk living in nullsec should be the only ones forced to show up and defend anytime someone knocks on the door, whether or not the aggressor is just trolling or really looking for a fight.

uhh... because it's nullsec... otherwise... there's no point to putting a structure in hisec. heck, i'd put it out in null just si I could fit all the fun AoE weaps to it.
Highsec is not safesec. If you want to deploy a structure and enjoy the benefits of one, you have to defend it. All highsec means, you should have more security over who attacks you and/or some warning, which the wardec mechanic provides, not that you shouldn't have to defend your stuff.

The mechanics heavily favour the defender, but you are going to have to show up to defend your structure. That is clearly a main goal of this design.
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#830 - 2015-08-31 17:56:59 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
It makes sense to me. It requires someone to be home. I'm curious why so much weapon automation is allowed with drones (with magic unlimited ammo and capacitor).

Probably ecause there's more pressing issues, and drones are reasonably well balanced now (that Ishtars have been dealt with).

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#831 - 2015-08-31 17:58:20 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Two questions:
Placing bubbles around citadels will be allowed, yes?

Placing bubbles around citadels, which can be anchored almost anywhere and can be heavily armed, will be allowed, yes?

There's certainly been no discussion of not allowing it. (because, I feel, that would be pants on head stupid)

Bubbling Citadels would really serve no purpose but to stop defenders using anything other than ceptors, which seem to be "ship of choice" for entosis link users.

Bubble your citadel you pretty much guarantee, it is going to die as they are only useful against DPS. Which of course will not be needed to attack your citadel. ( I am still trying to work out why Citadels need guns - Nothing else to do with sov or the new structures has anything directly to do with DPS)

So yes, while stopping the use of bubbles around Citadels would be pants on head stupid - So would, in many cases, be bubbling your Citadel.

lIMO, ceptor bubble immunity needs to be looked at where Entosis links are concerned.
Maybe a bit of a drawback for the ceptor trolls - Interceptors lose bubble immunity while an Entosis link is fit to the ship.
The biggest ships in the game have a drawback to make them less effective (increase risk) in Entosis mini games, why then does the smallest (and most efficient) not have something as well?

PS; Fozzie, if one of the goals with the new sov was to reduce hours of mind numbing grinding (which I believe it was) - It is so far a resounding failure. It is often now a worse kind of grind - You can spend hours chasing around individuals with all but unstoppable interceptors trying to RF your structures.

I think you're assuming Citadels won't be able to fit ECM, webs, scrams, small high tracking guns, or any of the numerous ways to deal with inties.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#832 - 2015-09-01 11:54:13 UTC
M1k3y Koontz wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Two questions:
Placing bubbles around citadels will be allowed, yes?

Placing bubbles around citadels, which can be anchored almost anywhere and can be heavily armed, will be allowed, yes?

There's certainly been no discussion of not allowing it. (because, I feel, that would be pants on head stupid)

Bubbling Citadels would really serve no purpose but to stop defenders using anything other than ceptors, which seem to be "ship of choice" for entosis link users.

Bubble your citadel you pretty much guarantee, it is going to die as they are only useful against DPS. Which of course will not be needed to attack your citadel. ( I am still trying to work out why Citadels need guns - Nothing else to do with sov or the new structures has anything directly to do with DPS)

So yes, while stopping the use of bubbles around Citadels would be pants on head stupid - So would, in many cases, be bubbling your Citadel.

lIMO, ceptor bubble immunity needs to be looked at where Entosis links are concerned.
Maybe a bit of a drawback for the ceptor trolls - Interceptors lose bubble immunity while an Entosis link is fit to the ship.
The biggest ships in the game have a drawback to make them less effective (increase risk) in Entosis mini games, why then does the smallest (and most efficient) not have something as well?

PS; Fozzie, if one of the goals with the new sov was to reduce hours of mind numbing grinding (which I believe it was) - It is so far a resounding failure. It is often now a worse kind of grind - You can spend hours chasing around individuals with all but unstoppable interceptors trying to RF your structures.

I think you're assuming Citadels won't be able to fit ECM, webs, scrams, small high tracking guns, or any of the numerous ways to deal with inties.

Oh I'm sure they will be able to fit all you suggest, Devs have already stated as much and as long as you belong to one of the few alliances who can afford them, Devs have also stated each module will be worth considerably more than outpost components, you'll be fine.

Aside from that, if Citadels are capable of fitting weaponry capable dealing with Interceptors reliably, how OP will they be against any other ship type.

Bubbling a Citadel - Bottom line, why would you bother.
They are invulnerable to DPS ships, so anything nullified and fast is the best method of attack.

CCP can't make Citadel weaponry too capable without breaking a set of mechanics already riddled with cracks.

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.