These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[News] The Scope – Hilen Tukoss Broadcast Revealed

Author
H1de0
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#101 - 2015-05-20 08:49:05 UTC
Kerena Alabel wrote:
This is preparation for an invasion we must unite and crush them all. Destroy the drifters.

Bah.. boke, stupid, as usual. Why does our kind always have to react in such a manner?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.. for the time being their knowledge about us seams to be a lot more established then the other way around hence it is they who have the the upper ground.

And yet, with such an advantage, as Lunae-san pointed, they do not seam eager to use it. May I suggest Alabel-san that we focus on solving that riddle before we take any further hasty and ill-conceived actions.

Decrypting the Sleeper cache..

H1de0
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#102 - 2015-05-20 08:56:35 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Captain Davison wrote:

NOT HELPING. Now is not the time for our petty squabbles, when we're facing down the barrel of the biggest doomsday ever built. Yes, Kim. We know you have a hate-on for the Gallente. Please stop shouting it for a few days and focus on the enemy that wants to kill ALL OF US. Maxi-whatever your name is, stop provoking other people. Third person.... less of that.

You see, the problem is that it is gallenteans and sansha are ones who want to kill us all, and who were actually doing this during last years. While since appearing of the Drifters they were taking defensive stance.

The only offensive actions Drifters have taken are against these self-proclaimed "scientists", who were poking them with sticks.

I would advise that You put Your hatred aside and widen Your scope a little Kim-san otherwise soon You might stumble upon a conclusion that the Drifters are in fact another plot of the Gallente Federation.

Decrypting the Sleeper cache..

Feu dAstres
Nox Draconum Holding Corp
#103 - 2015-05-20 10:48:28 UTC

"... another plot of the Gallente Federation. "

Shhhhhhhh! Twisted
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#104 - 2015-07-27 18:20:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Che Biko
transmission wrote:
“This is Hilen Tu- -- aboard scout vessel Arek’jalaan -- emergency broadc- -- uncharted -- hundreds of these -- signal -- as long as we can-- notify the -- notify the DED -- we may be facing a possible major -- more and more --arriving -- enormous [structure] -- detected -- [sounds of alarms]”

I have discussed this with Priano and Victorian to some extend, but considering we could not reach a consensus, I would like to make use of the ears of others on the IGS.

I believe the transcript as above is partly incorrect; namely the "arriving" part between "more and more" and "enormous".
[Link to the relevant part of the transmission]
I think that it sounds like he's saying "...have been alive and captive".
And I don't think he was necessarily referring to himself or his crew.

Anyway, this is my observation, please do some peer review.
Arrendis
TK Corp
#105 - 2015-07-27 20:16:25 UTC
I believe he's saying 'have been arriving at this enormous'.
Sinjin Mokk
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#106 - 2015-07-27 20:24:33 UTC
I get:

"More and more ships have been arriving at this enormous structure."

Given the attached video segment, this seems the most likely.

"Angels live, they never die, Apart from us, behind the sky. They're fading souls who've turned to ice, So ashen white in paradise."

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#107 - 2015-07-29 14:14:48 UTC
"Ships"
While I find it a lot easier to hear that word than "arriving at this", I think it's equally likely, or if done on purpose, more likely, to be just a burst of static.
And if the burst of static in that point of the transmission was placed there on purpose, it makes little sense to cover up something that is clearly visible in the visual part of the transmission(or clearly enough, anyway).
Borascus
#108 - 2015-07-30 08:18:38 UTC
It's an interesting concept worthy of investigation Che Biko.

It did seem to me that the message was subject to periods of compression, with some sentences seeming to be in a quick burst prior to Dr. Tukoss' repetition, I don't have access to the tools I'd need to take a sample and filter each part to remove the parts I'm happy with. It should be possible if anyone has access to a communication filtration program.