These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[News] The Scope – Hilen Tukoss Broadcast Revealed

Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#81 - 2015-05-08 21:44:51 UTC
I ran through the scope news report a few more times. Something kept getting my attention.

At the very end of the audio, you can hear warning klaxons for low shielding, followed by low armor warning, and then structure warning, all back to back. And then that was the end of the transmission.

It's quite possible that Tukoss' ship was destroyed in the process of sending that message. Very ominous.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Maxemillian Caldera
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#82 - 2015-05-08 22:12:16 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
I ran through the scope news report a few more times. Something kept getting my attention.

At the very end of the audio, you can hear warning klaxons for low shielding, followed by low armor warning, and then structure warning, all back to back. And then that was the end of the transmission.

It's quite possible that Tukoss' ship was destroyed in the process of sending that message. Very ominous.

I picked that up as well, but if his ship was destroyed how would his transmission have gotten out? Surely it would have been destroyed with the ship, and then how would he have been captured? This is all making things far more complicated.
Nakami Saans
Conclave of Independent Pilots
#83 - 2015-05-09 00:39:48 UTC
Maxemillian Caldera wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

I picked that up as well, but if his ship was destroyed how would his transmission have gotten out? Surely it would have been destroyed with the ship, and then how would he have been captured? This is all making things far more complicated.

He might have been transmitting it as he was being attacked. The transmission might have leaked through a wormhole to k-space or w-space. There is the possibility of a QEC, or Quantum Entanglement Communicator, transmitting live to the receiver, who kept it secret until now. Who knows at this point. My best guess right now. Look at us. We stay in contact with many others, even when we are across the universe, in real time.

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

Luna Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2015-05-09 00:56:37 UTC
Somebody has angered a sleeping bear

((

If you are a roleplayer, please join official CCP channels ingame for roleplayers and support roleplaying community:

Intergalactic Summit - IC router

Out of Character - channel for discussion of roleplay, live events and lore

))

Angelic Tallbrooke
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#85 - 2015-05-09 09:47:36 UTC
I, for one, cannot wait to see these Drifters eradicated from the face of New Eden. They can go back to the holes they came out of, for all I care.

I have a sinking feeling that this is just the beginning of something even worse to come.

Who knows what kinds of things the Sleepers & Drifters may be doing on the other side of those wormholes in such numbers?

I'll keep my scanning probes handy and my covert operations cloak ready to go -- wormhole space is unforgiving as it is, and now our information is stifled by those who would wish us to not defend against what looks to be a massive fleet moving into position on the fringes of New Eden.

One thing is for sure, though: We cannot do this alone. We cannot even think of braving this sort of force under the guise of stealth and secrecy. All of New Eden needs to rally in order to defeat this threat, even if it is a temporary truce in the name of safety for all.
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2015-05-09 10:33:32 UTC
Angelic Tallbrooke wrote:
I, for one, cannot wait to see these Drifters eradicated from the face of New Eden. They can go back to the holes they came out of, for all I care.

I have a sinking feeling that this is just the beginning of something even worse to come.

Who knows what kinds of things the Sleepers & Drifters may be doing on the other side of those wormholes in such numbers?

I'll keep my scanning probes handy and my covert operations cloak ready to go -- wormhole space is unforgiving as it is, and now our information is stifled by those who would wish us to not defend against what looks to be a massive fleet moving into position on the fringes of New Eden.

One thing is for sure, though: We cannot do this alone. We cannot even think of braving this sort of force under the guise of stealth and secrecy. All of New Eden needs to rally in order to defeat this threat, even if it is a temporary truce in the name of safety for all.

Again I would urge caution and preparation. As you say a united front is required but as yet we do not know if it is against the Drifters or some other entity. We could well be caught between two powers and may well simply need to hold our space initially until we gather further intel.

I'm no soldier (nor am I a bootlicker Miss Kim...unless you pop round in some thigh highs...) but attempting to declare a war when the belligerents are unknown seems pre-emptive and quite frankly a recipe for disaster.
Angelic Tallbrooke
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#87 - 2015-05-09 13:44:42 UTC
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:

Again I would urge caution and preparation. As you say a united front is required but as yet we do not know if it is against the Drifters or some other entity. We could well be caught between two powers and may well simply need to hold our space initially until we gather further intel.

I'm no soldier (nor am I a bootlicker Miss Kim...unless you pop round in some thigh highs...) but attempting to declare a war when the belligerents are unknown seems pre-emptive and quite frankly a recipe for disaster.

Perhaps I was hasty in my statement -- these events have left me unsettled as of late. Good intel is always part of any war, and even if one decides to charge headfirst or rally the troops, moving without knowing your enemy is sheer suicide. However, the need for preparedness is less evident by the appearance of these Drifters, but moreso by the actions they have taken so far.

They have been nothing but violent towards us capsuleers, and if they charge blindly into New Eden, they will be in for a couple of well-placed returned favors.
Maxemillian Caldera
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
#88 - 2015-05-09 16:25:12 UTC
Found this a few minutes ago, it's a total ship count from a frame in this broadcast, quite a awe-striking sight.

http://i.imgur.com/KfXVJAH.jpg
Silvox Lunae
Perkone
Caldari State
#89 - 2015-05-09 19:03:51 UTC

They have been nothing but violent towards us capsuleers, and if they charge blindly into New Eden, they will be in for a couple of well-placed returned favors.

Once again, I remind you to consider the facts of the Drifter appearance rather than operating on the assumptions of your fellow capsuleers.

I cite my previous post:

1. Drifter technological superiority is undeniable. Examples of such include the fitting of doomsday weapons on their battleships, the artificial generation of wormholes, sophisticated armor and electronic systems that resist scanning attempts and all known damage profiles, and layered shielding and electronic warfare packaging.

2. Given all of the above facts, if the Drifter's original intention was military conquest against the Empires, they would already have done so with overwhelming force. With their uninhibited access to Anoikis and superior weaponry alone, they could have struck the logistical centers and strategic locations of all Empire space simultaneously.

3. Given statements 1 and 2, the fact that they have yet to destroy Empire assets and only destroy capsuleer assets when aggressed points to an objective tangential to interpretations of war. Moreover, while they have shown military posturing maneuvers, it has only been against the Amarr empire. Even in these shows of implied force, they have not destroyed Amarr assets unprovoked.

4. Many cite that the Drifter's lack of response to our communication attempts is somehow associated with clear acts of aggression. I would instead consider a difference in cultural paradigms. It is clear that the Drifters are technologically advanced, far beyond any level capsuleers and the 4 primary Empires have managed to achieve. This level of advancement implies a radically altered developmental circumstance. It is highly likely that such a divergent path would result in different communication methods and interpretations of communication.

There has been no recorded instance of unwarranted Drifter aggression against capsuleer assets except when we approach their observatories or provoke them first.
Angelic Tallbrooke
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#90 - 2015-05-10 09:04:19 UTC
Silvox Lunae wrote:

Once again, I remind you to consider the facts of the Drifter appearance rather than operating on the assumptions of your fellow capsuleers.

I cite my previous post:

1. Drifter technological superiority is undeniable. Examples of such include the fitting of doomsday weapons on their battleships, the artificial generation of wormholes, sophisticated armor and electronic systems that resist scanning attempts and all known damage profiles, and layered shielding and electronic warfare packaging.

2. Given all of the above facts, if the Drifter's original intention was military conquest against the Empires, they would already have done so with overwhelming force. With their uninhibited access to Anoikis and superior weaponry alone, they could have struck the logistical centers and strategic locations of all Empire space simultaneously.

3. Given statements 1 and 2, the fact that they have yet to destroy Empire assets and only destroy capsuleer assets when aggressed points to an objective tangential to interpretations of war. Moreover, while they have shown military posturing maneuvers, it has only been against the Amarr empire. Even in these shows of implied force, they have not destroyed Amarr assets unprovoked.

4. Many cite that the Drifter's lack of response to our communication attempts is somehow associated with clear acts of aggression. I would instead consider a difference in cultural paradigms. It is clear that the Drifters are technologically advanced, far beyond any level capsuleers and the 4 primary Empires have managed to achieve. This level of advancement implies a radically altered developmental circumstance. It is highly likely that such a divergent path would result in different communication methods and interpretations of communication.

There has been no recorded instance of unwarranted Drifter aggression against capsuleer assets except when we approach their observatories or provoke them first.

That... is quite an astute observation, Mr. Silvox. Perhaps it would be more prudent to try and communicate with them somehow. Especially after the quite sobering count of the ships seen in the broadcast, I can only imagine the sheer scale of their true force. I think I may need to rethink my stance on the current situation.

And in the meantime, I might want to stock up on those hulls which I can actually fly -- just in case something in the near future causes the general public to panic and leaves trade hubs barren.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2015-05-12 06:21:10 UTC
Lord Kailethre wrote:
Frenjo Borkstar wrote:
As a result of this, I am accelerating my work on developing a new defensive technology to use against them.

I've been saying all along that diplomacy failed, and now they presumably murder a prominent scientist of ours?
Where are the DED? They do NOTHING. And that footage doesn't need investigating, we can clearly see HUNDREDS of Drifter battleships waiting for an unknown purpose.

Now is the time to act.

There is barely information to act upon.
All we know is that the Drifters are amassing a fleet, presumably for invasion, but we know not their goals, their tactics or their targets.
Any action we take could possibly weaken our greater position.

*drums at the top of his desk* It's always wise to prepare for the worse and hope for the best. Then adjust as needed.
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2015-05-12 06:25:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Silvox Lunae wrote:

I cite my previous post:

That... is quite an astute observation, Mr. Silvox. Perhaps it would be more prudent to try and communicate with them somehow. Especially after the quite sobering count of the ships seen in the broadcast, I can only imagine the sheer scale of their true force. I think I may need to rethink my stance on the current situation.

And in the meantime, I might want to stock up on those hulls which I can actually fly -- just in case something in the near future causes the general public to panic and leaves trade hubs barren.

I don't think they want to communicate at all. Their standing policy seems to be: I do my thing and you go about your business. I ignore you and you ignore me. And if you come and start screwing with us we will shove a doomsday up your arse.

Besides, do you really want to talk to the people you know has the hobby of kicking down sandcastles and pissing on the remains whenever he is bored? More likely you want to shoot him in his face every time he shows up at distances closer than 'just beyond the horizon'.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Max Singularity
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#93 - 2015-05-12 08:45:47 UTC

https://twitter.com/MaxSingularity/status/598045462042529792

Time is up... press charges or set The Scope Three Free

Be accountable. Be transparent. Be responsible.

Harbinger of Faith His Holiness Maximilian Singularity VI, Pope of New Eden

First Champion House Kador (defeated) - #MagnateGate

Viceroy Interview & Apostle In Amarr

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2015-05-12 09:03:26 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:

https://twitter.com/MaxSingularity/status/598045462042529792

Time is up... press charges or set The Scope Three Free

Be accountable. Be transparent. Be responsible.

That would depend entirely upon which laws they have broken (if indeed they have). Considering the nature of the potential threat this may well be a military matter and as such an entirely different set of laws will apply. Either way I agree that some further clarification would help the situation.

Meanwhile stock up on anti-matter. Just in case.
Dradis Aulmais
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2015-05-12 14:16:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Dradis Aulmais
My clients are not members of the military, and are Federation Citizens. Military law does not apply here. The Supreme Court has held time and time again that the military (especially the Black Eagles) can not try civilians in a military court under military law, unless the are under direct military contract or draft. Such Drafts and contract can not be implemented after the date of arrest.

And the DED is required under their charter to return all arrested non-capsilers to the Empire of Citizenship with in 48 hours. The last report i seen about my clients shows me that the DED still has them under detainment not the Federation Police Force.

As for the allegations the DED has made against my clients, The video in question is not categorized as a TRADE SECRET, under the Industrial Espionage Act. In order to be categorized as a Trade Secrete it must met the following criteria:

1. Be or Show production techniques, materials, or schematics
2. Material that shows or disseminates capabilities of a corporation or government force.
3. BE material asset to a hostile force.

As the video does not met any of the above criteria, my clients can not be charge as listed. The Drifters would be the one filing the petition as it shows their fleet capabilities and corporate activities. The petition would then be thrown out because the video was captured by a non-drifter employee.

The Scope being a registered News agency, the Scope has protection under the Freedom of the Press Act. The Freedom of the Press act allows the dissemination of classified information if the news agency did not actively participate in the theft of the material. The DED has by their own admission stated that this information was sold to the Scope and not stolen by them.

The employee who sold the video is protected under the Federal Whistleblower Act, as this video shows a clear cover up by a corporation and government official of a emerging threat to the empire.

FREE THE SCOPE 3

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Sahriah BloodStone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#96 - 2015-05-12 17:14:16 UTC
Silvox Lunae wrote:

I cite my previous post:

I agree that we should be considering facts.

1. The Drifters are far superior to us indeed. They posses better technology all around. This makes them automatically a potential threat to be considered. As Mr. Liberta stated - It's always wise to prepare for the worse and hope for the best. Then adjust as needed.

2. Simply because the Drifters did not attack us outright does not decrease their potential threat level, it actually increases it. They are knowledgeable enough to know that you must understand your enemy to beat them. So let us take a look at what they HAVE been doing. They have not only been scanning us, just they have been investigating the Jove observatories which we now learn have been observing us for god knows how long. They probably understand more about us then most of us do.

3. The Drifters presence has been fairly equal throughout space. The did show up in Amarr before any other home system and there may be a slighter higher concentration in Amarr space, but remember the Amarrians also have the largest empire of the four, so this may be simply a correlation to the fact there is a higher population concentration there.

4. They have analyzed us for months and analyzed the Jove observatories. If they did not understand our communication methods/language then i am certain they do now. Why else would they show up at Yulai at the exact moment of the DED autopsy results instead of before or after? That is simply to coincidental for me to reconcile.

Of course there are other possibilities, there is always the chance of that. I am not saying preform a preemptive strike, but it is our responsibility to ensure we are prepared for the worst outcomes. Ignoring possible threats will only end badly for us.

Sahriah Bloodstone

No.Mercy // Triumvirate

"Never underestimate your enemy or disrespect its abilities. If you do, you shall become the hunted "

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#97 - 2015-05-12 17:44:03 UTC
Relevant to continued discussion.

I'm still surprised that CONCORD is continuing to operate under the auspices of corporate espionage law, when in fact they might have more latitude if they were to operate under security laws. It wouldn't take much to establish a clear and present danger from a large Vigilant Tyrannos fleet...

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Dradis Aulmais
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2015-05-12 17:49:52 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Relevant to continued discussion.

I'm still surprised that CONCORD is continuing to operate under the auspices of corporate espionage law, when in fact they might have more latitude if they were to operate under security laws. It wouldn't take much to establish a clear and present danger from a large Vigilant Tyrannos fleet...

In order to do that they would have to show that the video was a classified by military, law enforcement, legislative body, or court.

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#99 - 2015-05-19 17:16:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Soldarius
Dradis Aulmais wrote:

2. Material that shows or disseminates capabilities of a corporation or government force.

The video clearly shows ship counts of a recognized corporate force. Vigilant Tyrannos is a DED registered corporation under the Drifter Faction. As such, I believe DED has the right to detain those poeple. At this time the 2 Scope employees have been released. As fo rthe third, unidentified Eifyr employee, good luck getting this person released.

More concerning is the alleged date of the broadcast. If it is months old, where are those drifters now?

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Nakami Saans
Conclave of Independent Pilots
#100 - 2015-05-19 18:21:27 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
Dradis Aulmais wrote:

The video clearly shows ship counts of a recognized corporate force. Vigilant Tyrannos is a DED registered corporation under the Drifter Faction. As such, I believe DED has the right to detain those poeple. At this time the 2 Scope employees have been released. As fo rthe third, unidentified Eifyr employee, good luck getting this person released.

More concerning is the alleged date of the broadcast. If it is months old, where are those drifters now?

Scattered throughout the galaxy, harvesting our corpses.

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."