These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[News] The Scope – Hilen Tukoss Broadcast Revealed

Author
Maxemillian Caldera
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#41 - 2015-05-08 17:11:22 UTC
Kerena Alabel wrote:
This is preparation for an invasion we must unite and crush them all. Destroy the drifters.

We shouldn't jump to such a conclusion just yet, though it is quite obvious they are less than friendly if we just went in and declared war on the Drifters it could spell ruin for all of us. I do believe we should be preparing for the inevitable, if my crew and I spot any large scale Drifter fleets we'll watch them from a good distance and report anything back.
Euttere Geten
Doomheim
#42 - 2015-05-08 17:21:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Euttere Geten
There's plenty there that don't add up. Broken transmission of encoded instructions, weeks later a holovid leaked from Tukoss' old corp to the press showing a clear buildup of Tyrannos forces, and the DED coming down on the Scope for broadcasting the information after capsuleers have already shown they are more capable than the Navies at combating the threat.

Why keep us in the dark?

Time to set down stakes in Eram, looks like.
Silvox Lunae
Perkone
Caldari State
#43 - 2015-05-08 17:22:51 UTC
Sahriah BloodStone wrote:
This is greatly disturbing.

The drifters have slowly been scanning our ships, stations and defenses. They have shown considerable offensive power and now we learn that they have amassed a sizable fleet.

All this happens while CONCORD, the DED and the four empires not only do nothing, but actively seek to conceal this information from us for as long as possible instead of rallying the cluster to prepare a united defense. I am beginning to wonder if the higher organizations have been infiltrated by some means, or are simply devoid of thought altogether.

This needs to stop. It is obvious that capsuleers will need to be the ones to take the initiative here and ensure our survival. This is not something we can ignore any longer.

When one undertakes an action, it must be decisive, unified, and swift. While I may not agree with the active witholding of now pertinent information, I can understand why they did so. Capsuleers have proven unpredictable, capricious, and unreliable in unification. Without any central governance and an inability to enforce structure without the threat of force, were this information released earlier we would see, much as we do right now, individual parties of capsuleers attempting to engage the Drifters immediately and calling for increased hostile aggression despite knowing little about their supposed foe. The actions of capsuleers have been causing tensions with the Drifters, which has not been welcome by the DED or any of the empires who would rather understand the nature of this so called 'enemy'.
Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#44 - 2015-05-08 17:28:20 UTC
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
I never expect competence.

I fully expect to end every day of my existence with my head buried in my hands in frustration at the general state of intelligence in the world.

A lot of things now make sense.

Generally:

Pilots, respectfully, please bear in mind that this is probably old footage. If that's so, this is the way it's been all long. We knew the Drifters had small patrols scattered across a wide area; there would always have looked like a worrisome number of them if they gathered in one place.

This isn't a new threat. It's an old threat. It gives us some useful intel, but it's, respectfully, not a reason to panic.

It might even be a reason to exercise restraint. It looks like the Drifters have been doing so, after all.

... I would really like to know what that "structure" is.
Katiya Khadiija
The Juice Factory
#45 - 2015-05-08 17:32:27 UTC
Perhaps I'm in the very small minority, but I actually don't think this is an invasion being staged.

Just think about it for a minute - Drifters coming through wormholes in the precise systems the observatories decloaked in, and they are clearly bringing the dismantled materials back through the wormhole. This to me seems like they could have invaded long ago using whatever technology they are currently using to presumably create the wormholes they are currently using.

If the Drifters seeming "panicked" is a correct interpretation, then perhaps aggression with them is the worst idea - catastrophic loses by capsuleers can be completely avoided. Yes, they are destroying some capsuleers, which I would bet are being marked as a threat by the Drifters for one reason or another, and yes, those threats are being killed and their corpses harvested. What if they relied on some kind of institution or facility, much like we do on stargates for our immortality? They could have lost touch with said structure (Caroline star, anyone?) and are seeking to rebuild, while in the meantime collecting what they can in order to prevent degradation of their population.

You really do have to consider this is a completely foreign culture to us, and therefore we could be wholly misinterpreting their actions as being overtly hostile when they are precisely the opposite. I'd rather lose a few clones and ships than life as we know it.
Kerena Alabel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2015-05-08 17:37:25 UTC
Maxemillian Caldera wrote:
Kerena Alabel wrote:
This is preparation for an invasion we must unite and crush them all. Destroy the drifters.

We shouldn't jump to such a conclusion just yet, though it is quite obvious they are less than friendly if we just went in and declared war on the Drifters it could spell ruin for all of us. I do believe we should be preparing for the inevitable, if my crew and I spot any large scale Drifter fleets we'll watch them from a good distance and report anything back.

We have to all unite as one to take them. We need to set aside our differences for long enough to deal with this threat.
Silvox Lunae
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2015-05-08 17:39:19 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:

This isn't a new threat. It's an old threat. It gives us some useful intel, but it's, respectfully, not a reason to panic.

It might even be a reason to exercise restraint. It looks like the Drifters have been doing so, after all.

It is precisely the reason to exercise restraint. If military action is to be taken, it should be deft and without division. These wanton calls for marauding against Drifters and agitation of 'invasion' and amassed war fleets are the cries of heedless children, not capsuleers.
Nakami Saans
Conclave of Independent Pilots
#48 - 2015-05-08 17:44:33 UTC
We need to find this system and investigate it ourselves. As Aria Jenneth has mentioned, this is probably old footage. We need to confirm this for ourselves. Even if one of us is caught and killed, the information would still get back to known space once we wake up in a fresh clone.

We need more information before we start a war, and one we could very well possibly lose. I don't want to die (by die I mean the destruction of civilization, thereby losing all abilities to clone) because of some trigger happy pilot. I've said it before, but I will die on my terms. That is the ultimate perk of being a Caspuleer.

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#49 - 2015-05-08 17:50:16 UTC
Silvox Lunae wrote:
These wanton calls for marauding against Drifters and agitation of 'invasion' and amassed war fleets are the cries of heedless children, not capsuleers.

Um ... very respectfully, and please understand that I mean no slight by this, and actually your feelings are maybe to your credit ...

... but ...

... you are definitely new at this.
Silvox Lunae
Perkone
Caldari State
#50 - 2015-05-08 17:54:38 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Silvox Lunae wrote:
These wanton calls for marauding against Drifters and agitation of 'invasion' and amassed war fleets are the cries of heedless children, not capsuleers.

Um ... very respectfully, and please understand that I mean no slight by this, and actually your feelings are maybe to your credit ...

... but ...

... you are definitely new at this.

You are correct that I am. My union with the capsule has been very recent. Given the relative baseline of responses I have seen from the capsuleers I have encountered since then, it seems I will need to bear the consistent failure of other capsuleers in understanding the true value of the hydrostatic capsule.
Maxemillian Caldera
#51 - 2015-05-08 17:55:00 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:
We need to find this system and investigate it ourselves. As Aria Jenneth has mentioned, this is probably old footage. We need to confirm this for ourselves. Even if one of us is caught and killed, the information would still get back to known space once we wake up in a fresh clone.

We need more information before we start a war, and one we could very well possibly lose. I don't want to die (by die I mean the destruction of civilization, thereby losing all abilities to clone) because of some trigger happy pilot. I've said it before, but I will die on my terms. That is the ultimate perk of being a Caspuleer.

If someone could get me a list of possible systems I could make the trip to investigate, I run a very quick, very quiet Stratios-class cruiser built for exploration.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#52 - 2015-05-08 18:03:29 UTC
Caldera; we honestly don't know. While the systems appear to be near Thera, Thera tends to open to known space, no neighboring star systems. The other option is that we're seeing a Vigilant Tyrannos staging area, which may well mean this is where they're coming from, which is to say what's on the other side of their unnavigable wormholes.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Nakami Saans
Conclave of Independent Pilots
#53 - 2015-05-08 18:21:44 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Caldera; we honestly don't know. While the systems appear to be near Thera, Thera tends to open to known space, no neighboring star systems. The other option is that we're seeing a Vigilant Tyrannos staging area, which may well mean this is where they're coming from, which is to say what's on the other side of their unnavigable wormholes.

Eventually we will be able to navigate them. It's only a matter of time, but the first wave of Capsuleers through those wormholes shouldn't be the vanguard of an invasion of our own.

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

Cakzad Arcashiri
Arcashiri Family
#54 - 2015-05-08 18:22:19 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Hm.

Considering that Drifter drive technology is ... odd ... to start with, can we be at all sure that the structure we're seeing is stationary?

Could that be a capital ship?

It could possibly be. This is very, alarming.

"I give to you the destiny of Faith,

And you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens:

Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given."

- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#55 - 2015-05-08 18:24:37 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:

Eventually we will be able to navigate them. It's only a matter of time, but the first wave of Capsuleers through those wormholes shouldn't be the vanguard of an invasion of our own.

Did you get the corporate mail, Ms. Saans? Initial planning is underway. We can only hope that the Sisters or the Society of Conscious Thought will disseminate the means to traverse these wormholes. If my theory is correct, the Sisters already can.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#56 - 2015-05-08 18:42:59 UTC
Kerena Alabel wrote:

And this is what we must avoid at all the cost.
Fighting on one more front will be incredible straining on the economy.

First we must defeat the Federation.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Morgana Tsukiyo
Samsara Dynamics
#57 - 2015-05-08 18:44:37 UTC
Have some Empathy people.

You are sleeping.
Someone comes not only to wake you up, but to kill you and to steal stuff from you.
Then you leave bed and discover your world is all messed up.
You start to gather your belongings all around the universe and they decide to shoot you.
At first you don´t shoot back.
They continue to shoot you.
You shoot back when agressed.

OHNOES INVASION.

As the DED said:
Quote:
until such time as full analysis could be completed, the archived video could be accurately dated, and those close to Dr. Tukoss could be contacted and briefed on the situation.

This could be from months back, the space could be their home system, the structure could be some sort of "mother" ship and you´re all going crazy over a sensacionalist broadcast that is making tons of money for it´s parent company?

The empires are ready for them or even working WITH them and capsuleers are not reliable no mater how many passionate communications is made here.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Until we are actually attacked by them, this is mere speculations and mass hysteria.

Join Project Transcendence.

Applied technology for the enhancement of human experience.

Maxemillian Caldera
#58 - 2015-05-08 18:45:21 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Kerena Alabel wrote:

Diana Kim when will you let your close-minded hatred be put aside for a moment to look at the bigger picture, we have a possible threat to all four empires nearly on our doorstep and all you can think of is petty militia wars.
Deceiver's Echo
Imperial Rite Mission Rens
#59 - 2015-05-08 18:49:46 UTC
Many see an invasion. It is more likely a migration.

As the message was from Hilen Tukoss, perhaps looking at his older message with these new points of information could put new light on the situation.

The question; what other piece of information are we missing? What is the entirety of what has been hidden from us?
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#60 - 2015-05-08 18:53:49 UTC
Maxemillian Caldera wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Kerena Alabel wrote:

Diana Kim when will you let your close-minded hatred be put aside for a moment to look at the bigger picture, we have a possible threat to all four empires nearly on our doorstep and all you can think of is petty militia wars.

Look, you gallentean bootlicker, if I say my word against your corrupted inhuman criminal regime, it doesn't mean I am close-minded, in fact I am breaching the light over your lies and gallentean propaganda.

People must learn both sides and not suck your crap about democracy and propaganda. Your time is over, gallentean, soon you all will be deal with. We WILL bring justice to you
WITH FIRE AND STEEL

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.