These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[News] The Scope – Hilen Tukoss Broadcast Revealed

Author
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#21 - 2015-05-08 16:19:30 UTC
Mizhir wrote:

Hah! It will be me who feeds you to our drifter friends, *****.

Wishful thinking, tribal barker.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-05-08 16:22:43 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

Have you seen Drifter response to their corpse theft?..
They might consider their corpses sacred or something like that, but these pseudo-"scientists" obviously couldn't think about that.

What exactly was there response? I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks planetside and barely caught the news on this. As far as I'm aware they didn't destroy the station but rather disrupted the transmission of the details. If you look at it from there side would you want someone poking around one of your corpses and broadcasting the details?

Don't get me wrong, I fear this may be a precursor to an invasion but I would still advise preparing a defence rather than an attack. There is a chance that the Drifters are preparing to hit someone or something else that would better serve us to assist them rather than oppose them.
Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#23 - 2015-05-08 16:23:47 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
That is a metric butte-load of Drifters.

... yeah.

Frenjo Borkstar wrote:
As a result of this, I am accelerating my work on developing a new defensive technology to use against them.

I've been saying all along that diplomacy failed, and now they presumably murder a prominent scientist of ours?
Where are the DED? They do NOTHING. And that footage doesn't need investigating, we can clearly see HUNDREDS of Drifter battleships waiting for an unknown purpose.

Now is the time to act.

Respectfully, considering that this seems likely to be footage from when Dr. Tukoss disappeared, the "time" this footage represents has long since passed.

Those Drifters are likely the same ones who are now spread out across New Eden ... though they may, of course, have been building more.

If so, this would also confirm that Dr. Tukoss has been in Drifter custody. He seemed to describe his captors as in a "state of panic," which doesn't match the narrative of the Drifters as a wandering military power now sweeping back in to seize ... well, whatever.

It would fit with the Drifters being a Sleeper military force, though.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#24 - 2015-05-08 16:25:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Makoto Priano
Farsaidh; the Drifters shut down a broadcast that the DED was organizing for a Drifter autopsy, but then milled about aimlessly before being destroyed by Capsuleers.

The issue here, of course, is that this Drifter fleet was discovered by Tukoss before the messages posted to the Intergalactic Summit, which means the Drifters had been amassing as early as YC116.10.24. What's more, this may even suggest who had captured him: the Drifters.

Ms. Jenneth; honestly, this might explain the unknown forces 'smashing and grabbing' from Sleeper caches, as well.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#25 - 2015-05-08 16:27:33 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

Have you seen Drifter response to their corpse theft?..
They might consider their corpses sacred or something like that, but these pseudo-"scientists" obviously couldn't think about that.

It is much simpler than that. They have secrets that they don't want us to know. Unfortunately for them, I intend to get those secrets.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Mark726
Project Compass Holdings
#26 - 2015-05-08 16:29:29 UTC
For shame, DED! The leaker and Scope Correspondent who leaked the story have both been arrested. http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/ded-statement-hilen-tukoss-broadcast/
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-05-08 16:29:35 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Farsaidh; the Drifters shut down a broadcast that the DED was organizing for a Drifter autopsy, but then milled about aimlessly before being destroyed by Capsuleers.

The issue here, of course, is that this Drifter fleet was discovered by Tukoss before the messages posted to the Intergalactic Summit, which means the Drifters had been amassing as early as YC116.10.24. What's more, this may even suggest who had captured him: the Drifters.

Ms. Jenneth; honestly, this might explain the unknown forces 'smashing and grabbing' from Sleeper caches, as well.

So they shut down the broadcast but didn't attack? That doesn't strike me as massively aggressive considering the provocation of someone chopping up your dead mates remains. We have yet to communicate with the Drifters but that doesn't mean they aren't trying to communicate with us, it could just be that we don't know how to listen.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#28 - 2015-05-08 16:33:56 UTC
Honestly, Farsaidh, I believe they may have tried to communicate with us. It's increasingly likely that the Drifters were the ones who posed as Tukoss for the purpose of gathering Jove DNA samples. Consider that the first two messages appeared to have come from an AI, and seemed-- almost charmingly naive in its deception.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#29 - 2015-05-08 16:35:45 UTC
Mark726 wrote:
For shame, DED! The leaker and Scope Correspondent who leaked the story have both been arrested. http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/ded-statement-hilen-tukoss-broadcast/

Really? they arrested the anchor? They got the monkey but not the organ grinder?
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2015-05-08 16:38:04 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Honestly, Farsaidh, I believe they may have tried to communicate with us. It's increasingly likely that the Drifters were the ones who posed as Tukoss for the purpose of gathering Jove DNA samples. Consider that the first two messages appeared to have come from an AI, and seemed-- almost charmingly naive in its deception.

Considering how advanced they seem in terms of implants technology and ship hulls/equipment I do think they could have acquired such materials (and capsuleer corpses if need be) quite easily. I can't help thinking that there is more going on here. That could of course be pod induced paranoia but I'd rather act defensively rather than make assumptions with disastrous consequences.
Katiya Khadiija
The Juice Factory
#31 - 2015-05-08 16:42:55 UTC
Well...

I'm sufficiently rattled.
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#32 - 2015-05-08 16:42:58 UTC
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Mark726 wrote:

Really? they arrested the anchor? They got the monkey but not the organ grinder?

You were expecting competence?

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Stitcher
Caldari State
#33 - 2015-05-08 16:43:21 UTC
((please delete))

AKA Hambone

Sahriah BloodStone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2015-05-08 16:47:35 UTC
This is greatly disturbing.

The drifters have slowly been scanning our ships, stations and defenses. They have shown considerable offensive power and now we learn that they have amassed a sizable fleet.

All this happens while CONCORD, the DED and the four empires not only do nothing, but actively seek to conceal this information from us for as long as possible instead of rallying the cluster to prepare a united defense. I am beginning to wonder if the higher organizations have been infiltrated by some means, or are simply devoid of thought altogether.

This needs to stop. It is obvious that capsuleers will need to be the ones to take the initiative here and ensure our survival. This is not something we can ignore any longer.

Sahriah Bloodstone

No.Mercy // Triumvirate

"Never underestimate your enemy or disrespect its abilities. If you do, you shall become the hunted "

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#35 - 2015-05-08 16:48:11 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Mark726 wrote:

You were expecting competence?

I never expect competence.

I fully expect to end every day of my existence with my head buried in my hands in frustration at the general state of intelligence in the world.
Stitcher
Caldari State
#36 - 2015-05-08 16:50:08 UTC
Healthier than whisky, I suppose.

AKA Hambone

Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#37 - 2015-05-08 16:57:04 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Healthier than whisky, I suppose.

But not nearly as effective.

Also: Oh, ****. Dat' fleet....

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Michael Pawlicki
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#38 - 2015-05-08 17:01:46 UTC
Having had first hand encounters with Drifter vessels before, and experiencing their "Doomsday" as well, if an invasion is indeed their plan, we need ways to level the playing field yesterday . The amount of vessels present could easily destroy a capsuleer capital fleet, even if they were to be destroyed afterwards, our losses would be enormous. Tukoss also said something about going through a wormhole. I suggest monitoring the areas that the Drifters have been seen "leaving" from, and taking logs of when they appear and leave. War could very well be brewing gentlemen. I suggest we prepare accordingly.
Kerena Alabel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2015-05-08 17:05:42 UTC
This is preparation for an invasion we must unite and crush them all. Destroy the drifters.
Jukko Riis
Doomheim
#40 - 2015-05-08 17:07:25 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
One last thing. It would appear that the transmission may have come from near Thera, given the similarity to these two nebula shots from pilot Ayallah.

Could be.

It also looks like it could be the "Snowblind Nebula" in Caldari Space near Black Rise.

We'll take precautions.

You all do the same.