These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Dev blog: Summer 2015 Nullsec and Sov Status Report

First post First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-05-07 15:32:59 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
The revamp of the sovereignty game mechanics is proceeding well with lots of constructive feedback from the community.

Following the initial dev blog a while ago we now have an iteration with changed system defensive multipliers, scaling vulnerability windows and more. We also now have a staged deployment plan to publish the first half of the changes on June 2 and the other half of the changes on July 7.

Check out CCP Fozzie's latest dev blog Summer 2015 Nullsec and Sov Status Report for all the information!

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2015-05-07 15:37:23 UTC
Huge thanks to everyone who has provided us with feedback so far!

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2015-05-07 15:42:59 UTC
It's been great to watch these plans evolve with the help of the community, I really hope you like the results!

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Legetus Shmoof Metallii
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#4 - 2015-05-07 15:49:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Legetus Shmoof Metallii
I'm just gonna wait until somebody complains/explains it for me

O tempora o mores!

bigbillthaboss3
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2015-05-07 15:52:36 UTC  |  Edited by: bigbillthaboss3
I'm not seeing the part describing why we want to keep nullsec and how nullsec ~income~ / sov advantage is going to get buffed a little?

Nerfing jump bridge fatigue a bit would be a good start. Also if you are wanting more people to move into smaller space the anom amounts must be increased.

The nullsec incentives should be released before you want everyone to begin putting in ~effort~ with the new sov system.
Aryndel Vyst
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2015-05-07 15:54:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Aryndel Vyst
Good job using GoonSwarm Federation member XTTZ's design for vulnerability windows and crediting a non-goon with it.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2015-05-07 16:01:10 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Aryndel Vyst wrote:
Good job using GoonSwarm Federation member XTTZ's design for vulnerability windows and crediting a non-goon with it.


I credited it to the first person to suggest it to me, and also mentioned that it has come up other times in the feedback. Good ideas often have a tendency to pop up independently from smart people in the community. XTTZ is definitely one of those very smart people in the community and his feedback is always valued.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Blawrf McTaggart
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2015-05-07 16:04:11 UTC
New sov system now called XttzSov
Dr Cedric
Independent Miners Corporation
#9 - 2015-05-07 16:04:55 UTC
bigbillthaboss3 wrote:
I'm not seeing the part describing why we want to keep nullsec and how nullsec ~income~ / sov advantage is going to get buffed a little?

Nerfing jump bridge fatigue a bit would be a good start. Also if you are wanting more people to move into smaller space the anom amounts must be increased.

The nullsec incentives should be released before you want everyone to begin putting in ~effort~ with the new sov system.



I think the incentive for most Null-Sec'ers (me included) is that if I want PvP, I can do it, if I want PvE, I can do it, and for the most part, the people around me want to do it also. Moreover, we want to do those things in groups rather than solo.

The incentive is already there. People are living in Null Sec and making ISK and having fun and shooting stuff. I suppose New Fozzie-Sov will allow those things to continue to happen, and probably a little bit more on the PvP side.

ISK isn't the incentive... if it was no one would live in Null-sec or Low-sec and we'd all be friends in an incursion fleet Ugh

Cedric

Kendarr
Infinite Violence
#10 - 2015-05-07 16:06:37 UTC
I like the capital system idea, i can that will work very well in the future after all the sov changes.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#11 - 2015-05-07 16:07:30 UTC
Great stuff!

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2015-05-07 16:08:04 UTC
Looks like a lot of good, thoughtful improvements.
Lim Yoona
#13 - 2015-05-07 16:10:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Lim Yoona
Have you considered rolling back Greyscales anomaly nerf from 2011 which gave rise to massive rental regions and useless space?

The goals were:

1. Some alliances will immediately start wanting to look for better space

2. In the longer run, there'll be more conflicts going on, with more localized goals

3. Newer alliances will have an easier time getting a foothold in nullsec

4. Coalitions will be marginally less stable (LOL!)

5. Alliances will have to choose more carefully what space they develop, where their staging systems are, and so on (low truesec systems generally tend to be in strategically inconvenient places)

And the reality was EVE of 2012-2015 age of renter empires
bigbillthaboss3
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2015-05-07 16:14:11 UTC
Dr Cedric wrote:



I think the incentive for most Null-Sec'ers (me included) is that if I want PvP, I can do it, if I want PvE, I can do it, and for the most part, the people around me want to do it also. Moreover, we want to do those things in groups rather than solo.

The incentive is already there. People are living in Null Sec and making ISK and having fun and shooting stuff. I suppose New Fozzie-Sov will allow those things to continue to happen, and probably a little bit more on the PvP side.

ISK isn't the incentive... if it was no one would live in Null-sec or Low-sec and we'd all be friends in an incursion fleet Ugh



This new sov system will create a trend of everyone moving closer together in order to better defend, which is a good idea. It will definately increase the ~peeveepee~ aspect of the game. I have no problem with the sov changes.

However, when you start getting more and more people into closer quarters your income is going to drop. When the income decreases you lose ability to buy new ships. Lacking the ability to support your pvp hobbies means you stop fielding ships to fights. Yes, alot of people will still make isk from moongoo and production, but a majority make their income via simplistic routes such as ratting.

Making isk to enjoy the other aspects of the game is the incentive, my friend. You can't shoot stuff from a pod.
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-05-07 16:15:08 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Huge thanks to everyone who has provided us with feedback so far!


I like the changes, especially the sliding scale of vulnerability on a per system level. That really conveys the feeling that an alliance's "hinterlands" will be far more vulnerable than their core systems, and helps the feelings of unease I had about the timezone issues.

Really liking what I see so far. Looking forward toi the mass tests to see what shakes out from those. You guys are, imo, definitely heading in the right direction.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2015-05-07 16:18:11 UTC
Lim Yoona wrote:
Have you considered rolling back Greyscales anomaly nerf from 2011 which gave rise to massive rental regions and useless space?

The goals were:

1. Some alliances will immediately start wanting to look for better space

2. In the longer run, there'll be more conflicts going on, with more localized goals

3. Newer alliances will have an easier time getting a foothold in nullsec

4. Coalitions will be marginally less stable (LOL!)

5. Alliances will have to choose more carefully what space they develop, where their staging systems are, and so on (low truesec systems generally tend to be in strategically inconvenient places)

And the reality was EVE of 2012-2015 age of renter empires


To an extent, I think we're going to have see some form of line member income expansion - forcing the alliances to contract in size is only going to work if the income scales with the activity to a far greater extent than it does now.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Hendrink Collie
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2015-05-07 16:21:10 UTC
I like that the max capture time has been increased in heavily used systems, should help out defense some. The changes should allow medium sized groups that use space and can small gang fairly well hold at least small chunks of space. The 18 hour gap for non-used systems almost seems to be too much; however, it does scale down really fast, so meh. All in all, can't wait to try it out and see how the new sov system feels.
Commander Insignia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#18 - 2015-05-07 16:22:55 UTC
Your Timezone mechanic is going to kill alliances, corps, friendships and subscriptions.

It will remove any relevance from the AU timezone what so ever.
Stop listening to dev's that know nothing about the game anymore and start listening to your customers ... please
Hendrink Collie
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2015-05-07 16:33:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrink Collie
Commander Insignia wrote:
Your Timezone mechanic is going to kill alliances, corps, friendships and subscriptions.

It will remove any relevance from the AU timezone what so ever.
Stop listening to dev's that know nothing about the game anymore and start listening to your customers ... please


Well they did mention allowing you to set up structures to have custom vulnerbility timers, so if you have a strong AU presence, set a bunch of timers during the AU timezone. Seems straight-forward to me.
mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2015-05-07 16:34:38 UTC
Xttz's fingerprints on the timezone mechanics, mine all over the mineral changes, sov is just goons all the way down.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

123Next pageLast page