These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New WD probe mechanics unfair?

Author
Ulstan
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#21 - 2011-12-07 22:00:26 UTC
HomeGrownBudZ wrote:
Leaving tail bubbles, or bubbling and crossjumping have long been accepted and widely used tactics, why the nerf?

Welcome to EVE. Widely used time honored tactics are changed all the time.
whaynethepain
#22 - 2011-12-08 18:40:48 UTC
Lol.

Right, it's back to Jita undock for me then, with my RR alt.

Consensual fighting is too dangerous.

Sutscop wrote;

"What does sec status have to do with anything when living in nulsec you can only GAIN it, not lose."

Your getting the idea, can you explain the concept of (Dumb Ass)?

Getting you on your feet.

So you've further to fall.

Derkata
#23 - 2011-12-08 22:00:16 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
EVIL SYNNs wrote:
People in NPC low sec...

People fight on station, person undocks in light dic, drop bubble, docks. No risk at all.

I hate station games at the best of times, but this was getting used more and more, with people just fitting webs and no tackle, as they knew their alt/pal was 100% safe.

If you "help" in a fight you should never be 100% safe. Next I hope they change the remote rep "aggression".

Giving aggression from remote repping would destroy so many valid tactic that i doubt it will never come. example remote rep bs gangs would be totally useless as those are mostly even now, after agro from remote repping they would have no way to escape on any situation anymore, now they can at least deagro, tank and jump or dock.

This makes close to no sense. If you're in a spider bs fleet, your fleet mates better be shooting and not just repping.

Basically, repping should commit you to the fight... not just help your ally with no fear of loss.
ElCholo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2011-12-09 04:25:00 UTC
Personally, I don't mind the change. Should you be able to effect another play in combat when you aren't in the same system? I don't believe you should. Drop a bubble, be stuck in the system you dropped the bubble. Take responsibility for your actions. It IS an agressive action after all. Regardless of if it catches someone or not, the intent is there for it to catch someone. If I fire missiles at someone and they warp before the missiles hit, the agressive intent was there and I did try to violence their pixel ship. So take the agression, work around it, and quit coming to the forums to QQ because you have to change your tactics.

And yes, I pvp in game.
Griznatch
Distinguished Gentleman's Boating Club
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#25 - 2011-12-09 06:07:08 UTC
Disclaimer: i dont fly dictors

In what situation would you launch a bubble and not have the express intent of catching someone in it? When would launching a bubble not be considered an agressive act? Its a weapon of sorts, simply activating it implies you mean to do someone some form of harm.

I used to have a clever sig but I lost it.

Score
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2011-12-09 14:35:01 UTC
Griznatch wrote:
Disclaimer: i dont fly dictors

In what situation would you launch a bubble and not have the express intent of catching someone in it? When would launching a bubble not be considered an agressive act? Its a weapon of sorts, simply activating it implies you mean to do someone some form of harm.

I put r4p3 cages around POS's as decoration...

I *never* intend to hurt *anyone*

Score Industrial Forge Works, Inc

Previous page12