These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Next iteration of overview/bracket icons on Singularity

First post
Author
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#301 - 2015-07-09 19:10:50 UTC
Hmmm... are we allowing the Test Server folks to see and comment on icon adjustments before deploying them on Tranquility?
Joia Crenca
Caldari State
#302 - 2015-07-10 23:40:41 UTC
I like the teal, but I was under the impression that we'd be thickening the lines on icons to make them less of a headache?
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#303 - 2015-07-17 15:18:21 UTC
I for one find the overview nearly perfect now. The teal icon for NPCs might need a bit of a downgrade in brightness to avoid catching the eye too much, and there most certainly is inconsistency here as not everything that is NPC-owned is tealed. IE NPC Stations, NPC Stargates...

The drones icons are great, the wreck icons are great too (in that they are more discreet and easily distinguishable from players now), really its very promising!

All we'd need now, in my opinion, is a bit more customization options for the overview. More colors, the ability to color the fill instead of the background... That kind of stuff.

Good job on this one CCP

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Steijn
Quay Industries
#304 - 2015-07-17 17:00:40 UTC
Altrue wrote:
I for one find the overview nearly perfect now. The teal icon for NPCs might need a bit of a downgrade in brightness to avoid catching the eye too much, and there most certainly is inconsistency here as not everything that is NPC-owned is tealed. IE NPC Stations, NPC Stargates...

The drones icons are great, the wreck icons are great too (in that they are more discreet and easily distinguishable from players now), really its very promising!

All we'd need now, in my opinion, is a bit more customization options for the overview. More colors, the ability to color the fill instead of the background... That kind of stuff.

Good job on this one CCP

The teal icons certainly do NOT need a downgrade imo, they are certainly not too bright.

The drones really dont bother me, but the wrecks still look stupid and are not distinguishable enough from player ships.

As far as im concerned, there is a real long way to go before the new icons are anywhere near as good as the old ones that they have replaced.
Joia Crenca
Caldari State
#305 - 2015-07-17 17:31:45 UTC
Steijn wrote:
Altrue wrote:

Good job on this one CCP

The teal icons certainly do NOT need a downgrade imo, they are certainly not too bright.

The drones really dont bother me, but the wrecks still look stupid and are not distinguishable enough from player ships.

As far as im concerned, there is a real long way to go before the new icons are anywhere near as good as the old ones that they have replaced.

The only time I'll get to see a large mix of wrecks and player ships is going through a Uedema camp. I'll have to look for myself sometime unless someone has a screenshot?
Joia Crenca
Caldari State
#306 - 2015-07-22 04:48:50 UTC
Hmmm... so with Singularity being down... has someone checked to make sure old pizza boxes weren't causing corruptions? You never know what might be growing in them.
Claire Gally
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#307 - 2015-07-27 19:34:10 UTC
My feedback about the new icons: please give us the option to switch to the old icons set. Seriously.

Hide the option somewhere if you're concerned about newbies to ever find out about them, but PLEASE let us use the old icons.

Please
Joia Crenca
Caldari State
#308 - 2015-08-03 18:07:16 UTC
Claire Gally wrote:
My feedback about the new icons: please give us the option to switch to the old icons set. Seriously.

Hide the option somewhere if you're concerned about newbies to ever find out about them, but PLEASE let us use the old icons.

Please

Someone was powerful enough to pretty much cause CCP to ignore the players on test when they pointed out the graphics issues, and continue to ignore the rest of the player base later.

A little tweaking was done to make npcs a teal color, but the rest of the promised polish was then dropped in silence. There's really more that could be done to make the overview icons better for the players.
Kondrathius
Advanced Nucleonics 602
#309 - 2015-09-24 12:31:57 UTC
Hello, another colour-blind here.
I have protanopia, which means troubles with red. So, to distinguish BC from BS while missioning, I have to stick my nose into the monitor, literally. Would be really nice to have an opportunity to tweak colours for rats' icons.