These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP - End Highsec Incursions

First post First post
Author
Solecist Project
#21 - 2015-04-27 10:13:58 UTC
Pedro ... no offense ... but it feels like you overshot that one a bit...

Btw ...

I am Sol ...
... and I don't have an incursion alt. :p

Mostly because it would be of no use and only provide me with money ...
... and unlike most people I wojld be ashamed of myself of needing a 100% guaranteed way to make it.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#22 - 2015-04-27 10:15:12 UTC
This is all what you people who have a bug up your collective butts are saying. Anything you do in EVE if you do it "correctly" has zero to no risk. The very same people claiming risk has to be there, are in other places advising people you can get rid of risk "in certain cases." The sum total of all the advice over time includes all cases eventually.

Now, we've found another place to Chicken Little about. Risk free incursions in high sec. Yeah, maybe. It depends on how you do them, in what and with whom, as in all things EVE. I so wish I could be persuaded by this heartfelt, newly hatched campaign to change someone else's game, 'cause it just isn't "right" (in a game of no rules...with rules.) However, all I see here is an arbitrary selection of something, described and defined in arbitrary language that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I somehow think if all the complainers turned their attention to the perfectly balanced way they prefer to play, all this ado about nothing would fade back into the insignificance it rightfully has held for all this time...till now. Then, maybe we should start a program to pay some people not to think.

There is no there there...er, here.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#23 - 2015-04-27 10:16:04 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
2Sonas1Cup wrote:
Or drastically drop their payouts not the point of killing them but to a more balanced level compared to other highsec activities.

Highsec Incursions payout WAY too much for the risk and time you take.

Many people run incursions to plex accounts log out for the month.

Theres little to no incentive to do anything else in the game once you start running incursions, you wont stop, and you will not do anything else other than your casual pvp on a random alt when the opportunity arises.

Incursions are a decease, they are killing/killed a major part of the game, took the need of doing and trying different things to make isks.

Hell theres not even a reason to leave highsec anymore, whats the incentive of null when you can make as much or even more in the safety of highsec?


Please put an end to incursions, its been far too long already, sanshas must go.


I don't run incursions, but I have no issues with other players enjoying them, if you want to apply some risk go and war dec some of their corps or gank them, or get into an Incursion with a logi and let them die, but for the love of god stop whining about them because you are incapable of interdicting them, HTFU or WOW is more suited for you!


you know most incursion groups tell you not to bother joining if you are wardecced, your argument is pretty invalid, incursion groups are aware of how to avoid the little risk involved.

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#24 - 2015-04-27 10:32:30 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
2Sonas1Cup wrote:
Or drastically drop their payouts not the point of killing them but to a more balanced level compared to other highsec activities.

Highsec Incursions payout WAY too much for the risk and time you take.

Many people run incursions to plex accounts log out for the month.

Theres little to no incentive to do anything else in the game once you start running incursions, you wont stop, and you will not do anything else other than your casual pvp on a random alt when the opportunity arises.

Incursions are a decease, they are killing/killed a major part of the game, took the need of doing and trying different things to make isks.

Hell theres not even a reason to leave highsec anymore, whats the incentive of null when you can make as much or even more in the safety of highsec?


Please put an end to incursions, its been far too long already, sanshas must go.


I don't run incursions, but I have no issues with other players enjoying them, if you want to apply some risk go and war dec some of their corps or gank them, or get into an Incursion with a logi and let them die, but for the love of god stop whining about them because you are incapable of interdicting them, HTFU or WOW is more suited for you!


you know most incursion groups tell you not to bother joining if you are wardecced, your argument is pretty invalid, incursion groups are aware of how to avoid the little risk involved.


So what there are still ways to attack them...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Solecist Project
#25 - 2015-04-27 10:34:11 UTC
Go dec them and see what happens.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Aladar Dangerface
It is really us
Beyond the Breach
#26 - 2015-04-27 10:39:46 UTC
Glad i brought my popcorn to work today. nom nom Big smile

I don't need twitter. I'm already following you.

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-04-27 10:49:16 UTC
Oh were this slightly entertaining, I'd participate more fully. Alas, the risk/benefit equation forbids.
*wanders off seeking a roll of duct tape - to tape the arms back on his Carebear®*

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-04-27 10:58:44 UTC
If I remember correctly it was said, the most liquid income for individual players comes from nullsec ratting ... I don't think Incursions are a big issue, especially as there is a limited supply of them in highsec.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Hicksimus
Torgue
#29 - 2015-04-27 10:59:24 UTC
This coming from the OP that was just sitting in a system cloaked while I ratted before realizing his AFK cloak technique wasn't bothering me so he left.....yeah, big risk taker he is.

Recruitment Officer: What type of a pilot are you? Me: I've been described as a Ray Charles with Parkinsons and a drinking problem.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#30 - 2015-04-27 11:02:11 UTC
Yesterday we barely hit 40.000 players online (for a few minutes), last thing CCP is going to do is ever so slightly p*ss people off to have even less people online.

On top of that (your OP sounds like a whiny with tears filled one) if you don't like Incursions, *do* something about it (n game). It's a sandbox, kick over their castle or are you to cowardly for that? Twisted
Solecist Project
#31 - 2015-04-27 11:03:21 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
Oh were this slightly entertaining, I'd participate more fully. Alas, the risk/benefit equation forbids.
*wanders off seeking a roll of duct tape - to tape the arms back on his Carebear®*

No balls whatsoever.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Sykaotic
Doomheim
#32 - 2015-04-27 11:03:40 UTC
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#33 - 2015-04-27 11:05:54 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Yesterday we barely hit 40.000 players online (for a few minutes), last thing CCP is going to do is ever so slightly p*ss people off to have even less people online.

On top of that (your OP sounds like a whiny with tears filled one) if you don't like Incursions, *do* something about it (n game). It's a sandbox, kick over their castle or are you to cowardly for that? Twisted


that doesnt make sense are you implying ccp is scared of its players and that balances should be based on not ******* other players off?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Solecist Project
#34 - 2015-04-27 11:07:42 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Yesterday we barely hit 40.000 players online (for a few minutes), last thing CCP is going to do is ever so slightly p*ss people off to have even less people online.

On top of that (your OP sounds like a whiny with tears filled one) if you don't like Incursions, *do* something about it (n game). It's a sandbox, kick over their castle or are you to cowardly for that? Twisted

Yeah now do tell how, too, genius.
Because if there was something people would obviously do it!

So?

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#35 - 2015-04-27 11:09:26 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Otso Bakarti wrote:
Oh were this slightly entertaining, I'd participate more fully. Alas, the risk/benefit equation forbids.
*wanders off seeking a roll of duct tape - to tape the arms back on his Carebear®*

No balls whatsoever.
It's enlightening input such as this that warms my heart toward you. Such expertise....on something.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

FunGu Arsten
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2015-04-27 11:11:42 UTC  |  Edited by: FunGu Arsten
Please lets get real...

i've done incursions for years, fced HQs, Assaults and Vgs - multiboxed vgs - assaults ( with and without isboxer)..

There is no easier way to collect isk then incursions, the risk is minimal as it has all been documented and writen down to a science. You generate alot of isk in a few hundred pilots wallets through 24/7 highsec grinding with 39 equal minded pilots (HQ)

However, incursions do generate content and "fun" factor as most communities build around this content are open for everyone, you can hop on talk about random things - shoot red crosses etc... While not dedicating yourself and your gametime to said community - you go and leave when you want.

Incursions have great things, and horrible things.. the total isk injected into economy is even worse. BUT we all do it, because its easy. I'd rath spend 10hrs (1 long day =2.5bil) doing incursions then 20-30 or more hrs something else for the same ships i can get blown up in pvp.

tl'dr? or just didn't care, well here's some math:

play 1hr : 200mil isk
play 3hrs: 600 mil isk
play 5hrs: plex + chumpchange \O/

!! 3hrs x 5 days x 4 weeks : 12bil isk made in highsec per month, so if you play a few hrs after work/ after kids are in bed your 1 account has over 11bil extra after plex costs.

> weekend warrior? 3hrs 4 days : 2.4bil in 4 saturdays or sundays

compare the hrs played vs low/null/wh on an individual wallet income ( just 1 account) , and make it scale with 40 people earning the same isk. AND once an incursion is up, the sansha gods just keep on giving and you can farm them continuesly.

Farm them while you can, but lets not drop to ****** levels and say that incursions are hard or risky
Solecist Project
#37 - 2015-04-27 11:13:48 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Otso Bakarti wrote:
Oh were this slightly entertaining, I'd participate more fully. Alas, the risk/benefit equation forbids.
*wanders off seeking a roll of duct tape - to tape the arms back on his Carebear®*

No balls whatsoever.
It's enlightening input such as this that warms my heart toward you. Such expertise....on something.

I asked questions.
You not only provided no answers,
you also hide like the griefing forum big.outh you are.

You can delusionally feel like a bigman all you want ...
... you show you have no balls. None. Zero.

Post with your main.
Address what is being asked.

Try it, carebear.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#38 - 2015-04-27 11:15:38 UTC
FunGu Arsten wrote:
Please lets get real...
i've done incursions for years, fced HQs, Assaults and Vgs - multiboxed vgs - assaults ( with and without isboxer)..

There is no easier way to collect isk then incursions, the risk is minimal as it has all been documented and writen down to a science. You generate alot of isk in a few hundred pilots wallets through 24/7 highsec grinding with 39 equal minded pilots (HQ)

However, incursions do generate content and "fun" factor as most communities build around this content are open for everyone, you can hop on talk about random things - shoot red crosses etc... While not dedicating yourself and your gametime to said community - you go and leave when you want.

Incursions have great things, and horrible things.. the total isk injected into economy is even worse. BUT we all do it, because its easy. I'd rath spend 10hrs (1 long day =2.5bil) doing incursions then 20-30 or more hrs something else for the same ships i can get blown up in pvp.

tl'dr? or just didn't care, well here's some math:

play 1hr : 200mil isk
play 3hr: 600 mil isk

!! 3hrs x 5 days x 4 weeks : 12bil isk made in highsec per month, so if you play a few hrs after work/ after kids are in bed your 1 account has over 11bil extra after plex costs.

> weekend warrior? 3hrs 4 days : 2.4bil in 4 saturdays or sundays

compare the hrs played vs low/null/wh on an individual wallet income ( just 1 account) , and make it scale with 40 people earning the same isk. AND once an incursion is up, the sansha gods just keep on giving and you can farm them continuesly.

Farm them while you can, but lets not drop to ****** levels and say that incursions are hard or risky

Unlike the griefers you at least are honest about it.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#39 - 2015-04-27 11:15:52 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Otso Bakarti wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Otso Bakarti wrote:
Oh were this slightly entertaining, I'd participate more fully. Alas, the risk/benefit equation forbids.
*wanders off seeking a roll of duct tape - to tape the arms back on his Carebear®*

No balls whatsoever.
It's enlightening input such as this that warms my heart toward you. Such expertise....on something.

I asked questions.
You not only provided no answers,
you also hide like the griefing forum big.outh you are.

You can delusionally feel like a bigman all you want ...
... you show you have no balls. None. Zero.

Post with your main.
Address what is being asked.

Try it, carebear.
Oh, wait. That illiterate outburst of inanity made sense? To whom? Questions? WHERE???
How the hell does it concern you what toon anyone posts with? And, who the hell are you to say this isn't my main???
I can't help it if I sold my TOONS. You want me to give you the ISK I made there to make you feel better?

Poor dear.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Solecist Project
#40 - 2015-04-27 11:16:52 UTC
You are still dodging my questions from the first page, griefer.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia