These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

PLEX for Good lets help Nepal!

First post First post
Author
Mario Putzo
#41 - 2015-04-27 06:01:30 UTC


OP updated.

Foedus Latro
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#42 - 2015-04-27 06:19:50 UTC
+1 to this thread.

Just a wormhole guy

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#43 - 2015-04-27 06:31:47 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:

I have lived in Kath for a little while now, and I was in my room Saturday morning when the 7.8 hit. 40 hours later, I'm still alive because of the metal desk that stood more or less intact against the collapsed structure, wood and cement, of the house I was in. My situation really doesn't compare to a lot of people who are stuck here and in much worse condition.. I was only in danger of suffocation and some dehydration. After I was pulled out, I couldn't locate most of the people I know in the city, it's very hard to understand what's happened to them. I'm lucky.. my brother located me and I am travelling to get medical help in India.. the situation in Kath is very grave with many people injured and very little space to keep them warm or safe. From what I understand many rescue groups are coming in to help.

The earthquake was near equal in magnitude to the 7.9 that hit San Francisco in 1906, which is regarded as one of the worst natural disasters in the US. Both earthquakes have claimed upwards of 3,000 lives. The Nepali quake was at a very shallow depth (10-11 miles I believe), so the devastation is very widespread. There are people in India as far down as Kolkata who have fissures down their walls and foundations from the aftershocks alone.

I think we spend money on a lot of things, and if you can give even a little bit to Red Cross, or to CCP if they open up PLEX For Good, then I think it would be a good thing.

This doesn't lessen the pain and suffering of humans and non humans anywhere else in the world.. and there is a lot of suffering the world over.. but something really horrible happened in Nepal Saturday morning, and every little bit of help would go a long way.



Glad to hear you are safe. My thoughts are with you, and everyone else caught up in this disaster.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Angelica Everstar
#44 - 2015-04-27 08:07:01 UTC
My thoughts and heart goes out to everyone caught in this disaster.

I would sure like to donate some PLEX again, to this worthy cause.




(As I can't really afford RL ISK at the moment).

Plus, I think its about time Mimic gets a haircut again, its sorta getting long Blink

§ Current Bond AE09 1 Trillion / Acc. 4,5t ISK

ƒ Want to become a better trader ?

¢ Pls help support EVEs charities!

@EveEntrepreneur

alphasirius
Sirius Trade Corporation
#45 - 2015-04-27 08:29:16 UTC
I really like to donate some plex for good to help Nepal.
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#46 - 2015-04-27 11:31:49 UTC
+1 Plex. Where do we send it??

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Big Lynx
#47 - 2015-04-27 11:53:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Big Lynx
+1 plex from me. a good friend of mine survived and is marooned in an upper camp of Mount Everest.

Also, my thoughts are with all people in Nepal...
Arkady Vachon
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#48 - 2015-04-27 12:32:39 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:
+1 plex from me. a good friend of mine survived and is marooned in an upper camp of Mount Everest.

Also, my thoughts are with all people in Nepal...


Sending thoughts your friend's way. How high up is your friend on Everest?

Nothing Personal - Just Business...

Chaos Creates Content

Big Lynx
#49 - 2015-04-27 12:38:28 UTC
Arkady Vachon wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:
+1 plex from me. a good friend of mine survived and is marooned in an upper camp of Mount Everest.

Also, my thoughts are with all people in Nepal...


Sending thoughts your friend's way. How high up is your friend on Everest?


They are on the north side, but can't move forward or backward cause of avalanches.
Solecist Project
#50 - 2015-04-27 13:54:26 UTC
I felt free to make an inquiry if people would be willing to
do another SuicideGanking4Good run.

Also I am not in any way or form posting to bring this back to the top.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Angelica Everstar
#51 - 2015-04-27 16:28:46 UTC
Random McNally wrote:
+1 Plex. Where do we send it??


Vaerah Vahrokha has in the past done collection (before and during) of ISK for "PLEX for GOOD" events.
I have not seen him around in a while, so I will double check if he is still around.


Otherwise I gladly step up, and take over as I would love to see donations maximized for "PLEX for GOOD".


And remember :
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/PLEX_for_GOOD
"Warning: Attempting to scam in relation to the PLEX for GOOD program will result in the offender, or offenders, being permanently banned from EVE Online."

§ Current Bond AE09 1 Trillion / Acc. 4,5t ISK

ƒ Want to become a better trader ?

¢ Pls help support EVEs charities!

@EveEntrepreneur

Solecist Project
#52 - 2015-04-27 16:52:39 UTC
Makes me wonder if Amarr Citizen 150 has another trillion ISK for doubling ...

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#53 - 2015-04-27 17:09:35 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Makes me wonder if Amarr Citizen 150 has another trillion ISK for doubling ...


I can't offer that much but if this goes ahead I'll create a thread to match the first 100 Plex I get.
Solecist Project
#54 - 2015-04-27 17:16:15 UTC
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Makes me wonder if Amarr Citizen 150 has another trillion ISK for doubling ...


I can't offer that much but if this goes ahead I'll create a thread to match the first 100 Plex I get.

That'd be all kinds of nice from you!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Count Draxus
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2015-04-27 18:29:20 UTC
Confirming:

The trailer park would definitely like to cook up a plex or 2 for this situation!!
CCP Falcon
#56 - 2015-04-27 21:04:08 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:

I have lived in Kath for a little while now, and I was in my room Saturday morning when the 7.8 hit. 40 hours later, I'm still alive because of the metal desk that stood more or less intact against the collapsed structure, wood and cement, of the house I was in. My situation really doesn't compare to a lot of people who are stuck here and in much worse condition.. I was only in danger of suffocation and some dehydration. After I was pulled out, I couldn't locate most of the people I know in the city, it's very hard to understand what's happened to them. I'm lucky.. my brother located me and I am travelling to get medical help in India.. the situation in Kath is very grave with many people injured and very little space to keep them warm or safe. From what I understand many rescue groups are coming in to help.

The earthquake was near equal in magnitude to the 7.9 that hit San Francisco in 1906, which is regarded as one of the worst natural disasters in the US. Both earthquakes have claimed upwards of 3,000 lives. The Nepali quake was at a very shallow depth (10-11 miles I believe), so the devastation is very widespread. There are people in India as far down as Kolkata who have fissures down their walls and foundations from the aftershocks alone.

I think we spend money on a lot of things, and if you can give even a little bit to Red Cross, or to CCP if they open up PLEX For Good, then I think it would be a good thing.

This doesn't lessen the pain and suffering of humans and non humans anywhere else in the world.. and there is a lot of suffering the world over.. but something really horrible happened in Nepal Saturday morning, and every little bit of help would go a long way.



I'm really glad to hear that you're doing well, I've been trading a few EVEmails with a couple of concerned players who were worried about you when they couldn't get in touch. Good to hear you're okay.

<3

On a more general note, I've spoken with people internally at CCP today, and the general consensus on this is basically "**** yeah, let's do this!"

I have a few things to straighten out with our new CFO tomorrow as this is the first time he's dealt with PLEX for GOOD, but there should be more details over the course of the next couple of days once things are squared away.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

VTyx Soul
Station Window Lickers
#57 - 2015-04-27 21:06:54 UTC
Would this be in partnership with the Iceland Red Cross?
Vin Cornelius
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2015-04-27 22:29:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Vin Cornelius
So, was the Plex for Good already activated?
Kiandoshia
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#59 - 2015-04-27 23:35:43 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:

If you choose to donate to a charity on your own, that is great, but the PLEX for good program was designed and exists for situations just as this,


It's good and pretty cheap press, above all.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2015-04-28 00:47:48 UTC

Thanks for the update Mr. Falcon. <3

I hope you know how much we love you, the devs.


PLEX for Good is letting us use your server time and your electricity to earn game ISKies that you convert to RL money to help people in real, actual trouble. When you explain it to somebody who doesn't know anything about MMOs or spreadsheets in space, they have this moment when they look back at you like their mind is blown.






Big Lynx, I hope your friend makes it safely off Everest. I never made it onto the mountain, I lack the experience and confidence for it.. so big respect for anyone who has the courage to climb that rock.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.