These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Ship Customization: Time to Show Some SKIN

First post First post
Author
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#401 - 2015-04-24 18:28:27 UTC
Yes, please.

Krusual & Nefantar Rifters aren't getting any love atm. X
Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#402 - 2015-04-24 19:58:36 UTC
There is no mention of SKINs in the Mosaic patch notes. Are SKINs coming with Mosaic or do you guys have to punt?

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#403 - 2015-04-24 21:30:32 UTC
Regarding ze Minmatars: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Ammatar

Quote:
The Ammatar were originally known as the Nefantar Tribe, one of the seven tribes of the Minmatar. During the Amarr occupation - when the Empire invaded the Minmatar homeworlds - the Nefantar collaborated extensively with Imperial agents.


The Golden Rifter - Ooh, you touch my tralalah.
CCP Terminus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#404 - 2015-04-24 21:36:10 UTC
Celgar Thurn wrote:

I presume by the use of the word 'accurately' that you do not mean the current excellent designs for the Quafe skins will be kept and the pale blue whole hull wash designs from the dev blog will be introduced Question


Sounds like you may be running a browser that isn't rendering the ships properly.

@CCP_Terminus // Game Designer // Team Size Matters

Natya Mebelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#405 - 2015-04-24 23:09:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Natya Mebelle
Celgar Thurn wrote:
Therefore my observations still stand. It is worrying that I appear to be the only person that has noticed this.
How about you posting a screenshot of your browser showcasing those horrible ships for us to see what you see too? c: Because I do NOT think it is your eyes deceiving you, but your browser messing with you! I do wonder why you don't get the least bit suspicious that you seem to be the only one with that problem? But still you say everybody is wrong? How curious c:

Ranger 1 wrote:
And of course, lets not forget that the PLEX that you convert to Aurum can be purchased for ISK. You need never spend a nickle to purchase items from the NES store unless you wish to.
You apparently forget that SOMEONE had to pay for it to be sold for ISK in the game c: Every Plex you purchased with ISK is you giving ISK to someone who wants to exchange their real money for ISK and buys plex.
So it does not matter if YOU never spent a single dime, because SOMEBODY exchange real life money from their wallet with the ISK you made in game. There is still real money involved. No Arkonor Trees c:
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#406 - 2015-04-24 23:12:53 UTC
His point is that the option exists. That's all. Smile
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#407 - 2015-04-24 23:13:27 UTC
Some time back I remember there being some buzz around marauder skins on sisi. Any idea when/if those could hit TQ? Or did they do so already and I missed them completely?
Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#408 - 2015-04-24 23:24:11 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Some time back I remember there being some buzz around marauder skins on sisi. Any idea when/if those could hit TQ? Or did they do so already and I missed them completely?

They exist on TQ but have not been seeded, and every time I've asked about them there's been no response from any Dev's.

I want my Quafe Kronos Dammit!
Hra Neuvosto
Party Cat Enterprises
#409 - 2015-04-25 15:23:04 UTC
These look pretty sweet, Black Ops skins can't come soon enough (also unique models for black ops).
Coelomate Tian
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#410 - 2015-04-25 16:26:07 UTC
Querns wrote:
There is no mention of SKINs in the Mosaic patch notes. Are SKINs coming with Mosaic or do you guys have to punt?


They're still coming in Mosaic on Tuesday - a dev confirmed yesterday in a comment on a reddit post, but I can't dig it up right now.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#411 - 2015-04-25 18:26:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Natya Mebelle wrote:
Celgar Thurn wrote:
Therefore my observations still stand. It is worrying that I appear to be the only person that has noticed this.
How about you posting a screenshot of your browser showcasing those horrible ships for us to see what you see too? c: Because I do NOT think it is your eyes deceiving you, but your browser messing with you! I do wonder why you don't get the least bit suspicious that you seem to be the only one with that problem? But still you say everybody is wrong? How curious c:

Ranger 1 wrote:
And of course, lets not forget that the PLEX that you convert to Aurum can be purchased for ISK. You need never spend a nickel to purchase items from the NES store unless you wish to.
You apparently forget that SOMEONE had to pay for it to be sold for ISK in the game c: Every Plex you purchased with ISK is you giving ISK to someone who wants to exchange their real money for ISK and buys plex.
So it does not matter if YOU never spent a single dime, because SOMEBODY exchange real life money from their wallet with the ISK you made in game. There is still real money involved. No Arkonor Trees c:

Heh, no, I'm very much aware of that. You're missing the point.

That person that purchased the PLEX got what they wanted, namely your ISK when you purchased it from the market. That part of the equation is done.

We are discussing the cost of these SKIN licenses to the people that want to purchase them, and the fact remains that you need not spend a nickel to purchase them from either the player market or (more importantly) directly from the NES store.

The fact that someone else spent real money in a separate transaction has no bearing on this particular discussion. That transaction is done, and both parties involved got exactly what they wanted from it. YOUR transaction to purchase the SKIN need not involve any of YOUR cash what-so-ever... not when YOU buy the PLEX and not when YOU buy the license.

I don't care if someone else spent money on the PLEX originally, that's their business and has no effect on my personal cash. It was a valid (and completely separate) transaction. In fact I'm pleased that my purely ISK transaction is indirectly benefiting the cash flow for CCP without costing me a thing in real money, as well as benefiting the player that was desperate enough for ISK that he spent his own cash on it.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#412 - 2015-04-25 18:34:38 UTC
Coelomate Tian wrote:
Querns wrote:
There is no mention of SKINs in the Mosaic patch notes. Are SKINs coming with Mosaic or do you guys have to punt?


They're still coming in Mosaic on Tuesday - a dev confirmed yesterday in a comment on a reddit post, but I can't dig it up right now.

Sounds like I need to finish my last showcase video (Gallente) this weekend.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#413 - 2015-04-25 19:06:51 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:
Celgar Thurn wrote:

I presume by the use of the word 'accurately' that you do not mean the current excellent designs for the Quafe skins will be kept and the pale blue whole hull wash designs from the dev blog will be introduced Question


Sounds like you may be running a browser that isn't rendering the ships properly.


At least he's seeing something. Safari on Mac OS X 10.10.3 gives me a blank white screen, and the console shows a bunch of permission issues and 404s.

At least one of the issues is that for security reasons Safari doesn't allow an AJAX call to a server other than the one that hosted the original (calling) page. More detail and a solution are available here.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Leto Atal
LoneStar Industries
#414 - 2015-04-26 01:32:03 UTC
Quote:
How many of you DIDN'T try to ship spin that amazing image? If you didn't then I suggest leveling up your ship spinning skill and trying again.


I didn't because your page is bugged in Safari. Previous web 3D models have worked like in the ship viewer (tested it again it still works). But this one doesn't. Can you fix it or post static image place holders please?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#415 - 2015-04-26 03:14:27 UTC
Still waiting for my NOH Golem skin... Sad

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Oraac Ensor
#416 - 2015-04-26 05:54:25 UTC
Natya Mebelle wrote:
Celgar Thurn wrote:
Therefore my observations still stand. It is worrying that I appear to be the only person that has noticed this.
How about you posting a screenshot of your browser showcasing those horrible ships for us to see what you see too? c: Because I do NOT think it is your eyes deceiving you, but your browser messing with you! I do wonder why you don't get the least bit suspicious that you seem to be the only one with that problem? But still you say everybody is wrong? How curious c:

No, he isn't the only one:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
What exactly am I supposed to see in those Blog 'previews' - including the spinnable one?

All I see are ships rendered overall in either a horrible muddy charcoal grey or equally horrible dull bluish grey.

CCP Terminus wrote:
Celgar Thurn wrote:

I presume by the use of the word 'accurately' that you do not mean the current excellent designs for the Quafe skins will be kept and the pale blue whole hull wash designs from the dev blog will be introduced Question


Sounds like you may be running a browser that isn't rendering the ships properly.

If you're posting stuff that doesn't display properly in Internet Explorer - possibly the most widely used browser on the planet - you should be ashamed.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#417 - 2015-04-26 06:50:45 UTC
Quote:
If you're posting stuff that doesn't display properly in Internet Explorer - possibly the most widely used browser on the planet - you should be ashamed.


I'm mildly surprised there are still a few people brave enough to use Internet Explorer, even Microsoft doesn't recommend it anymore. Big smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Kanine
Firestar Armory
#418 - 2015-04-26 06:52:43 UTC
You need to make the Police skin a basic skin for everything Gallente.. do eeeet nao!

And charge whatever you want, I'm okay with living in poverty as long as I get dem skins!
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#419 - 2015-04-26 07:25:43 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:

If you're posting stuff that doesn't display properly in Internet Explorer - possibly the most widely used browser on the planet - you should be ashamed.


http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-monthly-201403-201504-bar

You sure you don't want to revise your statement? (Oh, and don't be bringing China into this. For the purposes of this discussion, China is irrelevant. Being that they have their own Eve server, and updates)


Aside from that: Whose fault is it that it doesn't work? CCPs, when they're following industry Standards, or Microsoft, when they don't? Blink (Oh god, the times I've wanted to take IE out back and shoot it, because they do things their own way. Or I've been stuck supporting bloody IE6 because people had sites developed with activex)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#420 - 2015-04-26 07:47:24 UTC
Burn.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.