These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Shrinking Sandbox - Eve by numbers

First post First post First post
Author
Wanda Fayne
#421 - 2015-04-30 23:39:51 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:
And for you, Sgt Ocker.
Whenever you can get out of that hole you seem to find yourself in right now,
come and play the game with the rest of us.
We'll still be here when you do.
Big smile

Thanks for the invite but ganking is not my cup of tea, I find it quite tedious and disdainful. (personal opinion only, never been ganked but seen many newer players quit due to it)
What with my preferred style of game play being slowly eroded away, turned into something resembling a game for 12 year old's and controlled by a few empire builders, I'm really not sure what to do next.

I love Eve and have made many friends over the years but the lack of any real content is beginning to out way the reasons I play.


Ok grumpypussBlink
I cant say i miss the good old days cuz i havent played that long. I will probably never have half of what you vets got.
But there seems to be alot of content in this game all the same. Maybe you just have to try something new when things get stale.

Show us 'pups' how to really play EVE, heheBig smile Or maybe we can show you a few new things too.
Just sayin the game is better for it if your still flyin.
o7

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

  • - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#422 - 2015-04-30 23:43:27 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:
And for you, Sgt Ocker.
Whenever you can get out of that hole you seem to find yourself in right now,
come and play the game with the rest of us.
We'll still be here when you do.
Big smile

Thanks for the invite but ganking is not my cup of tea, I find it quite tedious and disdainful. (personal opinion only, never been ganked but seen many newer players quit due to it)
What with my preferred style of game play being slowly eroded away, turned into something resembling a game for 12 year old's and controlled by a few empire builders, I'm really not sure what to do next.

I love Eve and have made many friends over the years but the lack of any real content is beginning to out way the reasons I play.


https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide
Back to the roots, read it once again. Think, if nothing pop up in your mind, forget about eve and leave for good.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Jenshae Chiroptera
#423 - 2015-05-01 00:09:19 UTC
I am only really motivated to PVP for SOV reason lately. I think with the coming changes, I shall lose all interest.
The remaining value and motivation will be gone.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Wanda Fayne
#424 - 2015-05-01 00:32:52 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I am only really motivated to PVP for SOV reason lately. I think with the coming changes, I shall lose all interest.
The remaining value and motivation will be gone.


Batten down the hatches and see what the storm brings. Maybe things won't wind up where you think. As it is now, alot of ppl like me would never do sov or nullsec. Maybe that will change too, I dunno, I don't have melancholy in this so its different.

Seems there are more ccp changes to come after this, so maybe just ride it out Jen.

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

  • - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#425 - 2015-05-01 02:58:05 UTC
Wanda Fayne wrote:

I cant say i miss the good old days cuz i havent played that long. I will probably never have half of what you vets got.
But there seems to be alot of content in this game all the same. Maybe you just have to try something new when things get stale.


Well I started playin Eve 7 yrs ago next month. I had certain things I loved to do and trained my characters many, many months to do these things well. Hell years of training involved in some activities. CCP brilliantly just handed these activities, while eliminating the skill requirements or advantages gained to "new players" on a silver platter. Throwing in idiotic things like loot spew to entertain mindless boobs who don't belong in a game like this in the first place.

Millions of un-reimbursed skill points and Billions of isk and years of research tossed in the crapper in just one of these wonderful noobifications for my main alone. Oh and years or grinding missions to get great standings to put a POS up where I wanted basically laughed at and thrown down the drain also.

At one time I had 10 accounts, still have 3 and don't really know why....just check in and skill basically. Most of my long time in-game friends have left. All my favorite activities have been noobified for the worse and are not profitable or fun or even recognizable anymore.

More bored than bitter....ALOT of really poor decisions by CCP in the last few years. You all can interpret the numbers however you like, I just see an average of around 10K less players online when I log in then I saw a few years ago....and ALOT of those players had multiple paying accounts. I leave it to all the forum experts to figure out how many subs have been lost....

In fact my real feeling is one of sadness. Sad to see a once great game dumbed down and ruined by misguided clowns who really don't play it much, if at all.

as for trying something new....like what??? Attack the Drifters...you know Concord on Steroids armed ships? Sounds like great fun...for a mentally challenged child I guess. I'll just keep skilling an account or two, hoping for a miracle and a HUGE change in CCP's management and direction.

Penalizing your long term customers in a misguided attempt to attract new players is not a growth business plan, it's a recipe to destroy your business.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Wanda Fayne
#426 - 2015-05-01 04:45:51 UTC
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:

I cant say i miss the good old days cuz i havent played that long. I will probably never have half of what you vets got.
But there seems to be alot of content in this game all the same. Maybe you just have to try something new when things get stale.


Well I started playin Eve 7 yrs ago next month. I had certain things I loved to do and trained my characters many, many months to do these things well. Hell years of training involved in some activities. CCP brilliantly just handed these activities, while eliminating the skill requirements or advantages gained to "new players" on a silver platter. Throwing in idiotic things like loot spew to entertain mindless boobs who don't belong in a game like this in the first place.

Millions of un-reimbursed skill points and Billions of isk and years of research tossed in the crapper in just one of these wonderful noobifications for my main alone. Oh and years or grinding missions to get great standings to put a POS up where I wanted basically laughed at and thrown down the drain also.

At one time I had 10 accounts, still have 3 and don't really know why....just check in and skill basically. Most of my long time in-game friends have left. All my favorite activities have been noobified for the worse and are not profitable or fun or even recognizable anymore.

More bored than bitter....ALOT of really poor decisions by CCP in the last few years. You all can interpret the numbers however you like, I just see an average of around 10K less players online when I log in then I saw a few years ago....and ALOT of those players had multiple paying accounts. I leave it to all the forum experts to figure out how many subs have been lost....

In fact my real feeling is one of sadness. Sad to see a once great game dumbed down and ruined by misguided clowns who really don't play it much, if at all.

as for trying something new....like what??? Attack the Drifters...you know Concord on Steroids armed ships? Sounds like great fun...for a mentally challenged child I guess. I'll just keep skilling an account or two, hoping for a miracle and a HUGE change in CCP's management and direction.

Penalizing your long term customers in a misguided attempt to attract new players is not a growth business plan, it's a recipe to destroy your business.


Miracles don't happen, lol.

Hey I got a kitten today!
She came from the animal rescue shelter.
So, well, maybe miracles do happen.
Don't be so bitter. Go shoot a mindless boob or something.

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

  • - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#427 - 2015-05-01 06:21:11 UTC
Wanda Fayne wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I am only really motivated to PVP for SOV reason lately. I think with the coming changes, I shall lose all interest.
The remaining value and motivation will be gone.


Batten down the hatches and see what the storm brings. Maybe things won't wind up where you think. As it is now, alot of ppl like me would never do sov or nullsec. Maybe that will change too, I dunno, I don't have melancholy in this so its different.

Seems there are more ccp changes to come after this, so maybe just ride it out Jen.

Many of us have been riding out bad change after bad change for years (since Dominion sov at least) and CCP has recently
taken a further step into the mist by not keeping players updated on what they have planned.
200 pages and no input from devs.

I would welcome anything that will bring positive change and create content, real content that is, not just "biggest fleet wins" content.



My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#428 - 2015-05-01 06:29:36 UTC
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:

I cant say i miss the good old days cuz i havent played that long. I will probably never have half of what you vets got.
But there seems to be alot of content in this game all the same. Maybe you just have to try something new when things get stale.


Well I started playin Eve 7 yrs ago next month. I had certain things I loved to do and trained my characters many, many months to do these things well. Hell years of training involved in some activities. CCP brilliantly just handed these activities, while eliminating the skill requirements or advantages gained to "new players" on a silver platter. Throwing in idiotic things like loot spew to entertain mindless boobs who don't belong in a game like this in the first place.

Millions of un-reimbursed skill points and Billions of isk and years of research tossed in the crapper in just one of these wonderful noobifications for my main alone. Oh and years or grinding missions to get great standings to put a POS up where I wanted basically laughed at and thrown down the drain also.

At one time I had 10 accounts, still have 3 and don't really know why....just check in and skill basically. Most of my long time in-game friends have left. All my favorite activities have been noobified for the worse and are not profitable or fun or even recognizable anymore.

More bored than bitter....ALOT of really poor decisions by CCP in the last few years. You all can interpret the numbers however you like, I just see an average of around 10K less players online when I log in then I saw a few years ago....and ALOT of those players had multiple paying accounts. I leave it to all the forum experts to figure out how many subs have been lost....

In fact my real feeling is one of sadness. Sad to see a once great game dumbed down and ruined by misguided clowns who really don't play it much, if at all.

as for trying something new....like what??? Attack the Drifters...you know Concord on Steroids armed ships? Sounds like great fun...for a mentally challenged child I guess. I'll just keep skilling an account or two, hoping for a miracle and a HUGE change in CCP's management and direction.

Penalizing your long term customers in a misguided attempt to attract new players is not a growth business plan, it's a recipe to destroy your business.



Sounds to me like the only thing that you've "lost" is that other people don't have to do "years of grinding" like you did. You're oddly short on specifics about how you have been "penalized" and what these "millions of unreimbursed skillpoints" you lost are.

Here's a tip: the fact that you've gotten older and don't have as much time or mental energy to play MMOs isn't CCP's fault, nor is it a problem with EVE.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Wanda Fayne
#429 - 2015-05-01 06:54:14 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I am only really motivated to PVP for SOV reason lately. I think with the coming changes, I shall lose all interest.
The remaining value and motivation will be gone.


Batten down the hatches and see what the storm brings. Maybe things won't wind up where you think. As it is now, alot of ppl like me would never do sov or nullsec. Maybe that will change too, I dunno, I don't have melancholy in this so its different.

Seems there are more ccp changes to come after this, so maybe just ride it out Jen.

Many of us have been riding out bad change after bad change for years (since Dominion sov at least) and CCP has recently
taken a further step into the mist by not keeping players updated on what they have planned.
200 pages and no input from devs.

I would welcome anything that will bring positive change and create content, real content that is, not just "biggest fleet wins" content.


I understand what you are saying. Change isn't always good for everyone, sometimes people aren't listening either.

But unless you PvE (not really my thing) then content is created by people. And if you have alot of people, that is logically alot of content.

If I can't find content I help make some. Like I am doing right now, moving some ships that I promised to donate to SuicideGanking4Good to help raise some RL money for the people in Nepal. We get to shoot some of those "mindless boobs" and everyone should feel good that it is helping people who really need it.

I didn't come to your thread to criticize. I came to let you know that there are people who do care, that things do matter. But please help yourself too cuz most people won't do it for you. If you can't change things, you can always change your own perception.

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

  • - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#430 - 2015-05-01 07:05:10 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:
And for you, Sgt Ocker.
Whenever you can get out of that hole you seem to find yourself in right now,
come and play the game with the rest of us.
We'll still be here when you do.
Big smile

Thanks for the invite but ganking is not my cup of tea, I find it quite tedious and disdainful. (personal opinion only, never been ganked but seen many newer players quit due to it)
What with my preferred style of game play being slowly eroded away, turned into something resembling a game for 12 year old's and controlled by a few empire builders, I'm really not sure what to do next.

I love Eve and have made many friends over the years but the lack of any real content is beginning to out way the reasons I play.


https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide
Back to the roots, read it once again. Think, if nothing pop up in your mind, forget about eve and leave for good.

Seriously, you think Eve is about making isk?

I have enough isk to last the rest of my natural life (at least another 10 or 15 years i hope)

For many, making isk is not a reason to play eve, isk is a means to an end - buying more ships. I would have trouble spending what I have, why would i want to "learn" how to make more.
- - - - - - - - -
Sov nul should be about head to head battles in the biggest ships in eve down to the smallest, fighting over things you want or don't want others to have or just because, "because" is a good enough reason.

It should not be about Empire builders with giant coalitions, deciding who gets what and where or how long they can have it.
RL politics and backroom agreements broke sov nul and any attempt by CCP to bring it back to life is doomed to fail as long as those with the power (and right now that isn't CCP) want it to stay as it is.

These Empire builders say they want a lively conflict driven nulsec, "they want gud fights" but they want it on their terms. They would never risk their empire by initiating or engaging in any real conflict, they might just lose and that would be unacceptable.


For me; Eve is not about how much isk I can make - isk is only for buying ships to pvp with.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Inora Sera
Sera's Varangians
#431 - 2015-05-01 07:08:28 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Making sov "easy to flip" advantages people who actually want to live in the space, as opposed to just owning it.




I'd really love to see you expand on that, cause you have to agree, there's probably nobody in EvE that wants to live in Providence more than CVA, but if sov is so "easy to flip" how the hell does that advantage them at all against the 36k members of the CFC... oh sorry Imperium... when they decide to ransack the place for **** and giggles (or most probably because they're bored to death for having 36k blues to begin with...)

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#432 - 2015-05-01 07:25:16 UTC
CCP responsability to keep your mental energy on a high level by motivating You to keep playing Eve.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

ADVAC
Doomheim
#433 - 2015-05-01 10:26:18 UTC
As a returning player I find it very, very annoying to wait these skills to train. The whole skill system should go away. it's useless.

Skills are just timers that let us do stuff. Useless timers, that prevent great stuff from happening.

For example, I could be buying plexes and fitting nice navy drakes and blow them up in Amamamamamake, but no. I have to buy crappy T1 frigs wich deal whole 30 dps with my crappy skills.

Note to CCP, by removing useless skills, you make more cash. That's $$$$$$$.

It is not the same when you buy a character, since you can't buy their skills, you buy the indentity and crappy name. You can't rename your purchased character.

You have removed learning skills, wich is great. Now, remove the rest of the useless skill system.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#434 - 2015-05-01 12:39:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
ADVAC wrote:
As a returning player I find it very, very annoying to wait these skills to train. The whole skill system should go away. it's useless.

Skills are just timers that let us do stuff. Useless timers, that prevent great stuff from happening.

For example, I could be buying plexes and fitting nice navy drakes and blow them up in Amamamamamake, but no. I have to buy crappy T1 frigs wich deal whole 30 dps with my crappy skills.

Note to CCP, by removing useless skills, you make more cash. That's $$$$$$$.

It is not the same when you buy a character, since you can't buy their skills, you buy the indentity and crappy name. You can't rename your purchased character.

You have removed learning skills, wich is great. Now, remove the rest of the useless skill system.



Mmos have character advancement; it's practically a defining characteristic of the genre. There are good reasons to throttle content.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Kerena Alabel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#435 - 2015-05-01 15:24:37 UTC
To everyone who winds up quitting over changes, can i have your stuff?
Jenshae Chiroptera
#436 - 2015-05-01 17:23:17 UTC
ADVAC wrote:
... You have removed learning skills, wich is great. Now, remove the rest of the useless skill system.
Learn to prioritise skills.

Your idea would mean cookie cutter fleets with perfect compositions. Limitations require some lateral thinking an planning. Your immediate gratification demands mark you as either a WoW refugee or a troll.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Ma'Baker McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#437 - 2015-05-01 17:34:56 UTC
ADVAC wrote:
As a returning player I find it very, very annoying to wait these skills to train. The whole skill system should go away. it's useless.



As returning player, I find it very, very annoying to listen to you whine that you can't do A, B or C because you don't have the Skill Points. You should go away. If you can't play just because you can't fly a Navy Drake properly, its not the skills that are useless.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#438 - 2015-05-01 20:49:01 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:
And for you, Sgt Ocker.
Whenever you can get out of that hole you seem to find yourself in right now,
come and play the game with the rest of us.
We'll still be here when you do.
Big smile

Thanks for the invite but ganking is not my cup of tea, I find it quite tedious and disdainful. (personal opinion only, never been ganked but seen many newer players quit due to it)
What with my preferred style of game play being slowly eroded away, turned into something resembling a game for 12 year old's and controlled by a few empire builders, I'm really not sure what to do next.

I love Eve and have made many friends over the years but the lack of any real content is beginning to out way the reasons I play.


https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide
Back to the roots, read it once again. Think, if nothing pop up in your mind, forget about eve and leave for good.

Seriously, you think Eve is about making isk?

I have enough isk to last the rest of my natural life (at least another 10 or 15 years i hope)

For many, making isk is not a reason to play eve, isk is a means to an end - buying more ships. I would have trouble spending what I have, why would i want to "learn" how to make more.
- - - - - - - - -
Sov nul should be about head to head battles in the biggest ships in eve down to the smallest, fighting over things you want or don't want others to have or just because, "because" is a good enough reason.

It should not be about Empire builders with giant coalitions, deciding who gets what and where or how long they can have it.
RL politics and backroom agreements broke sov nul and any attempt by CCP to bring it back to life is doomed to fail as long as those with the power (and right now that isn't CCP) want it to stay as it is.

These Empire builders say they want a lively conflict driven nulsec, "they want gud fights" but they want it on their terms. They would never risk their empire by initiating or engaging in any real conflict, they might just lose and that would be unacceptable.


For me; Eve is not about how much isk I can make - isk is only for buying ships to pvp with.


what you forget is that EVE isn't just about null or you!
remember them ships you buy didn't just fecking pop out of thin air.
(well they did i know i know lol but you get me) someone built them.

you've so much isk you could never spend it all, what a pile of donkey shite lol
what is it with you blowing things way over the top. man just stop it.. lol

but hey if ya have that much isk doing feck all >>>> http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-for-good-nepal

how the hell can you say EVE should not be about empire builders ? that's just Lol
your view on things is beyond belief, what the hell do you want ? lol

one minute you're whining about the game becoming nothing but faction warfare and timer battles to suit a few, grief city for all,,,,, then you whine about empires and it's leaders and how they control everything. but dont; want change that might help change that, if even a little, but time will tell.

you've grown bored of the game,,, you've burned out,,, it happens to the best fo us.... but ffs stop trying to drag everyone into your frame of mind. new guys are reading this and thinking to themselves what the hell is this guy going on about,, no content????

you keep going on about your play sytle being lost.

go ahead and explain your play style to everyone.

i'm still advising you to take a fecking break and keep in touch.

now before you answer me,,,, take a deep breath,,, count to feckin 20 and don't assume anything.. Big smile

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#439 - 2015-05-01 21:25:33 UTC
Sgt Ocker, i'm not talking about isk making it's not my idea to call this guide like that, i'm more about your profession in Eve.
If you feel yourself more than confident in almost everything with Eve go try something different.
send your app to ISD service, make a plan to became a CSM, kind of new level.

Just think of it from different angle.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

ADVAC
Doomheim
#440 - 2015-05-01 22:22:51 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
ADVAC wrote:
... You have removed learning skills, wich is great. Now, remove the rest of the useless skill system.
Learn to prioritise skills.

Your idea would mean cookie cutter fleets with perfect compositions. Limitations require some lateral thinking an planning. Your immediate gratification demands mark you as either a WoW refugee or a troll.

OMFG, still after over ten years same old same old?

You know, it's WoT nowadays, not WoW.