These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Shrinking Sandbox - Eve by numbers

First post First post First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2041 - 2015-07-13 17:31:51 UTC
La Rynx wrote:

It is always a good idea to have more Players around.


Not if they're like you.


Quote:

You Claim People who dislike EvE want to change EvE and that is WRONG!


It's absolutely correct, you and Chunks are proof of that. Chunks here wants to change the hell out of EVE, to benefit precisely himself and hurt the game at large. If CCP were to implement his little changes, it would drive off huge numbers of players, and guess what? The kind of people who don't like EVE in the first place STILL would not play EVE.

That is exactly why people like you must not be given credence. Because you want to kill this game, whether you admit it or not.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2042 - 2015-07-13 17:33:09 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
La Rynx wrote:

Eve should not change?


Man you love your strawman arguments. He did not say that EVE should not change, and he certainly did not say that ship and module balancing should stop.

He said that people who don't like what EVE is should not be allowed to dictate changes to the game. They don't like EVE anyway, so they should quit their bitching and go play something else.

They = you, by the way.


+1

The ironic thing is that the people who don't like EVE and think it could be so much better if only it weren't EVE (lol) are actually the people who can't be happy with ANYTHING. In games and real life they they clamour for change. Change happens and they get unhappy, because that change became the new status quo, and they HATE the status quo!!! Twisted


I call these people "Perpetual Malcontents". The kind of mental children who haven't figured out yet that change for it's own sake is historically guaranteed to be a bad thing.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2043 - 2015-07-13 17:35:19 UTC
So i do not like EvE and still Play some accounts.
You are thick as a brick.

Change is OK, because it does not Need to be bad.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

0bama Barack Hussein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2044 - 2015-07-13 17:36:46 UTC  |  Edited by: 0bama Barack Hussein
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
...people who don't like what EVE is should not be allowed to dictate changes to the game. They don't like EVE anyway, so they should quit their bitching and go play something else.



This should sum much arguementing here, if I wanna play EvE I play EvE, if I feel like playing another kind of space game I go play Elite Dangerous...

And when I wanna play Football Manager or Civilization i play them. But won´t demand that EvE should have character transfer markets between corps, or that our weaponry should just keep on getting deadlier (read "more OP") as technology advances...

And then there is this thing that is very hard to understand for me, why on earth here null/high sec residents and/or PvP/PvE people would be any way against other players playing styles? In a sandbox?

Wouldn´t it be rather more constructive to try each areas of game better, together? You know, with constructive criticism and ideas..
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2045 - 2015-07-13 17:38:54 UTC
0bama Barack Hussein wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
...people who don't like what EVE is should not be allowed to dictate changes to the game. They don't like EVE anyway, so they should quit their bitching and go play something else.



This should sum much arguementing here, if I wanna play EvE I play EvE, if I feel like playing another kind of space game I go play Elite Dangerous...

And when I wanna play Football Manager or Civilization i play them. But won´t demand that EvE should have character transfer markets between corps, or that our weaponry should just keep on getting deadlier (read "more OP") as technology advances...

And then there is this thing that is very hard to understand for me, why on earth here null/high sec residents and/or PvP/PvE people would be any way against other players playing styles?

Wouldn´t it be rather more constructive to try each areas of game better, together? You know, with constructive criticism and ideas..


Forget summing up.
Paninc mongers will repeat in their fear that changes to EvE are bad.
Same as the repeating "EvE is dying"...
P

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Jenshae Chiroptera
#2046 - 2015-07-13 17:39:11 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
I like EvE and so your Arguments like many others went poooof!
This does not alter how illogical and uncomprehending you are.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#2047 - 2015-07-13 17:39:37 UTC
0bama Barack Hussein wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
...people who don't like what EVE is should not be allowed to dictate changes to the game. They don't like EVE anyway, so they should quit their bitching and go play something else.



This should sum much arguementing here, if I wanna play EvE I play EvE, if I feel like playing another kind of space game I go play Elite Dangerous...

And when I wanna play Football Manager or Civilization i play them. But won´t demand that EvE should have character transfer markets between corps, or that our weaponry should just keep on getting deadlier (read "more OP") as technology advances...

And then there is this thing that is very hard to understand for me, why on earth here null/high sec residents and/or PvP/PvE people would be any way against other players playing styles? In a sandbox?

Wouldn´t it be rather more constructive to try each areas of game better, together? You know, with constructive criticism and ideas..



Actually I think that a character transfer market between corps could kind of work....

Anyway, with respect to your final question, yes.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2048 - 2015-07-13 17:41:38 UTC
0bama Barack Hussein wrote:

And then there is this thing that is very hard to understand for me, why on earth here null/high sec residents and/or PvP/PvE people would be any way against other players playing styles? In a sandbox?


Oh I can answer that easily. It so happens that the majority of the kinds of ideas like the one Chunks was floating earlier come from one particular kind of player.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2049 - 2015-07-13 17:51:44 UTC
Hey children, could you stop posting back and forth so fast? It's unhealthy. Smile
Take a break. Get some distance again. You're all seriously nuts. Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2050 - 2015-07-13 17:54:26 UTC
La Rynx wrote:

It is always a good idea to have more Players around.
No, it is not always a good idea to have more players around, because quantity does not matter more than quality. One thousand players who whine, play isolationists and PvE only are less valueable than 50 smart players who do many things.

PvP+PvE players do far more things than PvE players do, which makes them more valueable to the game. They're smarter, they don't isolate gameplay and they create far more content for others than any pure PvE player ever could.

So, again, no, it's not a always a good idea to have more players around, especially if one does not differentiate between the idiots and the smart people.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

0bama Barack Hussein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2051 - 2015-07-13 18:46:19 UTC
Paying fool helps the smart receiver (CCP to improve the game), so yes, I see some merit in the idea...

Bring in the "idiots"!
0bama Barack Hussein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2052 - 2015-07-13 18:47:06 UTC  |  Edited by: 0bama Barack Hussein
La Rynx wrote:
0bama Barack Hussein wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
...people who don't like what EVE is should not be allowed to dictate changes to the game. They don't like EVE anyway, so they should quit their bitching and go play something else.



This should sum much arguementing here, if I wanna play EvE I play EvE, if I feel like playing another kind of space game I go play Elite Dangerous...

And when I wanna play Football Manager or Civilization i play them. But won´t demand that EvE should have character transfer markets between corps, or that our weaponry should just keep on getting deadlier (read "more OP") as technology advances...

And then there is this thing that is very hard to understand for me, why on earth here null/high sec residents and/or PvP/PvE people would be any way against other players playing styles?

Wouldn´t it be rather more constructive to try each areas of game better, together? You know, with constructive criticism and ideas..


Forget summing up.
Paninc mongers will repeat in their fear that changes to EvE are bad.
Same as the repeating "EvE is dying"...
P


I bet panic mongering goes both ways, judging from this thread some people feel EvE has not have (radical) changes enough yet.

And well "EvE is dying" is same as all those previous end of the world predictions, that (predicting incoming doom) for some reason seem to appeal to some people.

Maybe because they really are worried about losing the game they so much love. Maybe because they just like to troll and feed other people fears, or get kicks about seeing something falling apart, maybe because they really would like to see game fail in amount that would give them enough of an excuse to stop playing... I bet reasons are many.

But one thing is sure, EvE will not "die" no matter what numbers, until CCP says so, and last employee Hilmar ( Big smile or who ever then?) pulls the plug from CCP´s new office in his apartment.
Subscription based games with very loyal fanbase ("niche" founding from EvE exactly what they were looking for) are good that way.
R3DRUM
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2053 - 2015-07-13 19:13:36 UTC
has anyone looked/compared Star Wars Galaxies?
Even tho we told devs after the first upgrade that they were killing the game they did nothing but make it worse by not listening to the players.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Galaxies
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2054 - 2015-07-13 19:19:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
0bama Barack Hussein wrote:
La Rynx wrote:
0bama Barack Hussein wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
...people who don't like what EVE is should not be allowed to dictate changes to the game. They don't like EVE anyway, so they should quit their bitching and go play something else.



This should sum much arguementing here, if I wanna play EvE I play EvE, if I feel like playing another kind of space game I go play Elite Dangerous...

And when I wanna play Football Manager or Civilization i play them. But won´t demand that EvE should have character transfer markets between corps, or that our weaponry should just keep on getting deadlier (read "more OP") as technology advances...

And then there is this thing that is very hard to understand for me, why on earth here null/high sec residents and/or PvP/PvE people would be any way against other players playing styles?

Wouldn´t it be rather more constructive to try each areas of game better, together? You know, with constructive criticism and ideas..


Forget summing up.
Paninc mongers will repeat in their fear that changes to EvE are bad.
Same as the repeating "EvE is dying"...
P


I bet panic mongering goes both ways, judging from this thread some people feel EvE has not have (radical) changes enough yet.

And well "EvE is dying" is same as all those previous end of the world predictions, that (predicting incoming doom) for some reason seem to appeal to some people.

Maybe because they really are worried about losing the game they so much love. Maybe because they just like to troll and feed other people fears, or get kicks about seeing something falling apart, maybe because they really would like to see game fail in amount that would give them enough of an excuse to stop playing... I bet reasons are many.

But one thing is sure, EvE will not "die" no matter what numbers, until CCP says so, and last employee Hilmar ( Big smile or who ever then?) pulls the plug from CCP´s new office in his apartment.
Subscription based games with very loyal fanbase ("niche" founding from EvE exactly what they were looking for) are good that way.


In other words, EVE won't die till the last person willing to pay for it dies. Life expectancy in my country is 78.74 years and I just turned 41 last month. So mathematically speaking EVE Online only has 37.7 more years of life left.

PANIC! the year 2053 will be here before you know it!!!!!
Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2055 - 2015-07-13 19:27:38 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
0bama Barack Hussein wrote:
La Rynx wrote:
0bama Barack Hussein wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
...people who don't like what EVE is should not be allowed to dictate changes to the game. They don't like EVE anyway, so they should quit their bitching and go play something else.



This should sum much arguementing here, if I wanna play EvE I play EvE, if I feel like playing another kind of space game I go play Elite Dangerous...

And when I wanna play Football Manager or Civilization i play them. But won´t demand that EvE should have character transfer markets between corps, or that our weaponry should just keep on getting deadlier (read "more OP") as technology advances...

And then there is this thing that is very hard to understand for me, why on earth here null/high sec residents and/or PvP/PvE people would be any way against other players playing styles?

Wouldn´t it be rather more constructive to try each areas of game better, together? You know, with constructive criticism and ideas..


Forget summing up.
Paninc mongers will repeat in their fear that changes to EvE are bad.
Same as the repeating "EvE is dying"...
P


I bet panic mongering goes both ways, judging from this thread some people feel EvE has not have (radical) changes enough yet.

And well "EvE is dying" is same as all those previous end of the world predictions, that (predicting incoming doom) for some reason seem to appeal to some people.

Maybe because they really are worried about losing the game they so much love. Maybe because they just like to troll and feed other people fears, or get kicks about seeing something falling apart, maybe because they really would like to see game fail in amount that would give them enough of an excuse to stop playing... I bet reasons are many.

But one thing is sure, EvE will not "die" no matter what numbers, until CCP says so, and last employee Hilmar ( Big smile or who ever then?) pulls the plug from CCP´s new office in his apartment.
Subscription based games with very loyal fanbase ("niche" founding from EvE exactly what they were looking for) are good that way.


In other words, EVE won't die till the last person willing to pay for it dies. Life expectancy in my country is 78.74 years and I just turned 41 last month. So mathematically speaking EVE Online only has 37.7 more years of life left.

PANIC! the year 2053 will be here before you know it!!!!!



2053. lets see....carry the one, woof exceeding that average by about 7+ years.

I can do it!!
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2056 - 2015-07-13 19:28:42 UTC
2053, isn't that when Greece has to pay back their debt now? Coincidence? I think not.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#2057 - 2015-07-13 19:29:15 UTC
Well after 104 pages of bitching and whining, fozzie sov hits tomorrow. Some have spent the notice period preparing, and are looking forward to a change; others have chosen to cry about it as their coping strategy.




He trusted to have equal'd the most High,
If he oppos'd; and with ambitious aim
Against the Throne and Monarchy of God
Rais'd impious War in Heav'n and Battel proud


See you in space; I'm in Tenal

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#2058 - 2015-07-13 19:57:33 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Well after 104 pages of bitching and whining, fozzie sov hits tomorrow. Some have spent the notice period preparing, and are looking forward to a change; others have chosen to cry about it as their coping strategy.




He trusted to have equal'd the most High,
If he oppos'd; and with ambitious aim
Against the Throne and Monarchy of God
Rais'd impious War in Heav'n and Battel proud


See you in space; I'm in Tenal


I wish you all the best of luck, to have a blast with Fozziesov and roll in by the thousands for years to come...

...so the developers eventually focus on High Sec, dammit! Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#2059 - 2015-07-13 19:58:21 UTC
Removed some off topic posts.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#2060 - 2015-07-14 00:09:24 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Well after 104 pages of bitching and whining, fozzie sov hits tomorrow. Some have spent the notice period preparing, and are looking forward to a change; others have chosen to cry about it as their coping strategy.



See you in space; I'm in Tenal

And a safer part of nulsec you couldn't ask for. (all nestled up surrounded by your allies and defenders must give you a nice warm fuzzy feeling)

> Preparing for fozziesov if you don't belong to a blue donut - Move all major assets to lowsec.

>Preparing for Fozziesov when you know you have nothing to fear from it - Carry on as usual.

Malcanis, I wonder if you and your alliance would be so casual about the changes if you didn't have half of nulsec set to blue.
Sure most of your allies couldn't hold sov without all the allies to do it for them - Where does "everything that matters is blue or paid off" leave your little band?



I often wonder when the few decent alliances in the CFC will wake up and leave the bads to it, then and only then will we have a nulsec worth fighting for.

-- - -- - -- - -- - --
The Imperium reminds me of the group on a beach who spread their towels out in a huge area so no-one else can get near the best spot to sit. They are just selfish, entitled nobodies who "think" they are better than everyone else - In reality, they only control "their" part of the beach by intimidation and threat. As individuals they are of little to no consequence and need the group to maintain control.

Would seem by definition, The leader of the Imperium, has his subjects just where he needs them to be - Subjugated.
Quote:
In ancient Rome, different kinds of power or authority were distinguished by different terms. Imperium referred to the sovereignty of the state over the individual.[1]

By historical definition, most members of the Imperium are little more than slaves to a self serving master. (and many boast about it Roll )

-- - -- - -- - -- - --
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode - Don't know what you removed but if you'd read this thread - Nothing is really off topic.
Out of context, associated, sort of relevant, even "just quit" have all found a place in the thread..
So if you felt it needed to be removed it must have been pretty out there Blink

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.