These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

SCYLLA - General Issues

First post
Author
powdemonic Ellecon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#201 - 2015-04-15 01:27:09 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
Wafou Ka'Djo wrote:
CCP Mephysto wrote:
Wafou Ka'Djo wrote:
First! Also after the primed cache the launcher is downloading 7.42Gb , was it expected?


No, try restarting your launcher


Restarted the client , it's trying to download again what left from the 7.42Gb

Please provide a screenshot of the EVE Launcher and your log file from the launcher/cache folder. There are two downloading parts in the current patching flow, and without knowing more I'm not sure which one might be working incorrectly.


this is what I get

http://i.imgur.com/FlySbiQ.png
powdemonic Ellecon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#202 - 2015-04-15 01:40:31 UTC
powdemonic Ellecon wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
Wafou Ka'Djo wrote:
CCP Mephysto wrote:
Wafou Ka'Djo wrote:
First! Also after the primed cache the launcher is downloading 7.42Gb , was it expected?


No, try restarting your launcher


Restarted the client , it's trying to download again what left from the 7.42Gb

Please provide a screenshot of the EVE Launcher and your log file from the launcher/cache folder. There are two downloading parts in the current patching flow, and without knowing more I'm not sure which one might be working incorrectly.


this is what I get

http://i.imgur.com/FlySbiQ.png




this one I just got a few seconds ago

http://i.imgur.com/fhIAzhV.png
Ragori Mitternacht
United Research and Development
#203 - 2015-04-19 00:06:37 UTC
been having problems as well but you guys are getting more the launcher won't even load I just get a webpage to pop up stating that the location I am trying to get to is not available and the launcher just as a black bar stating the version info and the rest is all white. so I can't get anything.
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#204 - 2015-04-21 05:33:00 UTC
As of today, the launcher is telling me I am running a pre release version ?

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#205 - 2015-04-22 11:21:55 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
As of today, the launcher is telling me I am running a pre release version ?

Same here.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Halets Thellere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#206 - 2015-04-23 00:03:12 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
helana Tsero wrote:
As of today, the launcher is telling me I am running a pre release version ?

Same here.


Me as well. And it gave me the DOD pop up for the first time.........what tha hell is up with this launcher. I just came back to my favorite game and found it pretty much unplayable.
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#207 - 2015-04-23 02:20:15 UTC  |  Edited by: helana Tsero
Trevor2014 Gunson wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Trevor2014 Gunson wrote:
SO if we use the repair tool at any time while trying to download the new patch, we now have to reinstall the whole game due to CCP idiocracy?

If you use the repair tool before the cache is primed then it will delete the data for priming the cache, but there is no need to reinstall the full client. In this case you can play normally - but the client will download the needed data through Download on Demand. You can also instruct the launcher to download all the data again.


I have completely uninstalled eve and now i cant even reinstall it, Launcher will not update itself for reasons unknown. I have tried everything that has been listed in this forum post. When i try to reinstall eve, all it does is downloads the old launcher and then i would download the new launcher and then i would get stuck... Can't do anything and its starting to **** me off, so technical support personally would be really appreciated


All I can say to you Trevor2014 Gunson is HAHAHAHAHAH

- Doesn't read the patch instructions and deletes all the game files
- Blames CCP for his own stupidity
- CCP still try and help but instead of following their instructions he uninstalls his game and has completely borked things

What can I say... Karma Lol

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#208 - 2015-04-25 02:26:40 UTC
Halets Thellere wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
helana Tsero wrote:
As of today, the launcher is telling me I am running a pre release version ?

Same here.


Me as well. And it gave me the DOD pop up for the first time.........what tha hell is up with this launcher. I just came back to my favorite game and found it pretty much unplayable.

Worst thing is - They are going to add to the current mess with a new patch in a few days.

Patching via a broken launcher should provide some interesting results.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Halets Thellere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#209 - 2015-04-27 23:39:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Halets Thellere
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Halets Thellere wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
helana Tsero wrote:
As of today, the launcher is telling me I am running a pre release version ?

Same here.


Me as well. And it gave me the DOD pop up for the first time.........what tha hell is up with this launcher. I just came back to my favorite game and found it pretty much unplayable.

Worst thing is - They are going to add to the current mess with a new patch in a few days.

Patching via a broken launcher should provide some interesting results.


Yep.....you called it................