These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Tengu or Stratios for lowsec/wh exploration?

Author
Aeryn Atropos
ISSD Holdings
#41 - 2015-03-18 06:18:19 UTC
Janey T'gahl wrote:
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
you can fit a regular cloak and mwd on most ships and be immune to all but the most dedicated camps.

Yeah, true. But for someone who's never set foot inside a wormhole, wouldn't a covert ops be kinda of essential, or would a regular cloak do fine?

If you are a novice to wormholes I would definitely advise against bringing in stuff this expensive, you will get jumped and you will lose your ship, it may not be sexy but use a t1 cruiser on c1/2 sites to get familiar with WH's first, remember there is no local and you wont know the combat recon ship is in the hole with you till he is landing on grid.
Janey T'gahl
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#42 - 2015-03-18 14:49:00 UTC
Aeryn Atropos wrote:
Janey T'gahl wrote:
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
you can fit a regular cloak and mwd on most ships and be immune to all but the most dedicated camps.

Yeah, true. But for someone who's never set foot inside a wormhole, wouldn't a covert ops be kinda of essential, or would a regular cloak do fine?

If you are a novice to wormholes I would definitely advise against bringing in stuff this expensive, you will get jumped and you will lose your ship, it may not be sexy but use a t1 cruiser on c1/2 sites to get familiar with WH's first, remember there is no local and you wont know the combat recon ship is in the hole with you till he is landing on grid.

Yeah, probably a good idea :) Got any good ship recommendations?
Warmonger Simon
Trinity Alpha Zero
#43 - 2015-03-18 16:21:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Warmonger Simon
Janey T'gahl wrote:
Aeryn Atropos wrote:
Janey T'gahl wrote:
Tsukino Stareine wrote:

For anoms in c2 - Drake/Myrm/VNI ; for c1 almost anything will work
Janey T'gahl
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#44 - 2015-03-18 17:40:56 UTC
Warmonger Simon wrote:
Janey T'gahl wrote:
Aeryn Atropos wrote:
Janey T'gahl wrote:
Tsukino Stareine wrote:

For anoms in c2 - Drake/Myrm/VNI ; for c1 almost anything will work

Wouldn't something that could fit a cov ops be more suitable to me from a total wh noob point of view? Or would a prototype cloak be sufficient?
Aeryn Atropos
ISSD Holdings
#45 - 2015-03-18 17:43:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Aeryn Atropos
I think whatever t1 combat cruiser you have the skills for should be fine in even c2, might be a little slower than BC to clear due to lower dps but you can also dip out faster when bad guys show up.

Also if you get jumped and tackled shoot the trigger and let BOB sort it out.

for exploring I'd suggest the arbitrator since you can stick probe launcher and normal cloak in its highs without really sacrificing anything important. Normal cloak is fine especially once you learn the cloak/mwd trick.
Previous page123