These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Politics by Other Means: Sovereignty Phase Two

First post First post First post
Author
Circumstantial Evidence
#861 - 2015-03-03 23:45:22 UTC
What can be taken away quickly, can be taken back almost as quickly. A large force could roll over a region, but if they don't stick around, the locals just take it back. The proposed system promotes more frequent fights, which is what some folks want, right?

I think some folks are overly fixated on the industrial / mining bonus. Its in the chart: the defender is missing out on a little over 10 minutes of extra Entosis link time, if Industry is zero. 27.5 if Military and Strategic are maxed out, versus 40 for everything. I think its perfectly valid to complain that the maximum 40 minutes seems too short, compared to hours of structure grinding by bomber fleets that we have known up to now... which is more like 5 minutes, to a supercarrier blob. But I would not complain about a subset of the proposed 40 minutes.
Thucydides Herodotus
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#862 - 2015-03-03 23:45:36 UTC
Thucydides Herodotus wrote:
"Maximum range of 25km for Tech One, 250km for Tech Two.
Requires a target lock on the structure.

Capital Ships would have restrictions for using these modules, most likely in the form of a role bonus that increases the cycle time by 400% (this means a 10 minute cycle time for a T2 Entosis Link on a capital ship)."

First off the bonuses to the T2 (in theory) are just absolutely ridiculous. A large capital fleet of armour ships with mids having a range scripted sensor booster and drone tracking/range mods fit would be able to self rep and maintain the point from 250km off the target piece of SOV? Sheebus.


Once the Territorial Claimamigigger is destroyed anyone can then drop a new one in the system? So the attacking force is three jumps out, the defending force realizes they can't win. They return to base, get large un-maneuverable but powerful ships out, let the attackers win the battle three jumps out and then just drop their new replacement TCU and wax the crap out of any attackers in system doing the same? Maybe everything should just change hands and anything but a station should just random spawn like an anom.

ugh. I think this is going to be, once again, very beneficial to the biggest blob that can just break itself into the biggest smaller pieces with the caviate of adding the most timezones due to the downtime continuation.

Deciding Phoebe was a good thing based on crap stats about how people aren't actually getting the chance to play eve anymore is wrecking your self assessment/decision making processes. (you mentioned it in your post not me). I get the timers from Phoebe I still don't get the ranges at all. Honestly all I've noticed is a 30 minute fleet takes 3 hours now and there is never anyone still there to fight.

I'd like to know what a small alliance that takes a relatively undefended and undeveloped system in the backwoods of a less important region of space is going to gain from that? Are they going to mine for not enough minerals to build anything? With reduced jump ranges on Jump Freighters and friends how are they going to get their mod fought gains out of said system?

~Cheers.



Hey remember when there were a ton of pages of people hating the idea of phoebe and they ignored us and put that pos out anyways? Why am I bothering to post/pay for this game. Also thanks for the upcoming release, nothing new, nerf the only ship that can do good dps and not melt to a bomber, while at the same time making more skill points less valuable, well played CCP.
Black Ambulance
#863 - 2015-03-03 23:47:45 UTC
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:
waltari wrote:
So basically sov nullsec turns into some weird form of Faction Warfare with a benefit to literaly nobody, full of 24/7 hellcamped freeports filled with trolls who doesnt realy want to hold the SOV anyway (due to reason mentioned earlier), whilst denying the current holders possibility to protect it effectively due to split timezones, great concept realy, keep up good work.



Adapt or die, welcome to eve, this game is dark and hard. GO BACK TO WOW xD Xa xa xa


You will be the 1st one who will be whining on forums after the changes :))) I believe lot of CFC space will be taken , even no one want it :)
Cr Turist
Arcana Noctis
#864 - 2015-03-03 23:49:00 UTC
well couple question.

1 what is to prevent a cepter or bomber from reffing a region? will this module have some sort of charge making it not possible for a small ship to just gref people to death?

2 shouldn't you make this module only fit able to command ships? makes sense to me. they have the tank and require some skill to fly. if you don't this is gonna be gay-boys online really fast. every noob gonna be like ooooo i has stealth bomber lets go take deklein.

3 why you hate capitals so much yo. i know CCP Rise cant fly them but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't want to. i really hope you have some good content in the pipe for supers. titans, dreads, and carriers. because as of right now the content for them is limited and post this patch that amount of available content drops even more dramatically
Sieonigh
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#865 - 2015-03-03 23:49:13 UTC
Leisha Miranen wrote:
Holy ******* **** CCP, is this a joke?

40 Minutes to RF? Tone this down before it's too late to back out. This is insane. LET ME REPEAT, THAT IS INSANE. Why would anyone store ships in a system that can be RF'd in 40 minutes by a small gang?

R.I.P. Null sec Coalitions.

It should take a significant amount of work to take a system. This will be the last nail in the coffin of EVE online's Null Sec. population, because it no longer be viable to defend and hold sov. Srsly. ******* fix this, right now.


firstly its meant to break the coalition gameplay

secondly:
5 or 2 min + (notification of attack) 10 - 40 min + 2 days RF + time to complete command node contest + 2 day free port
then its capture-able.

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/66967/1/sovflow.jpg

blue flow graph, learn to read
Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#866 - 2015-03-03 23:50:52 UTC
Black Ambulance wrote:
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:
waltari wrote:
So basically sov nullsec turns into some weird form of Faction Warfare with a benefit to literaly nobody, full of 24/7 hellcamped freeports filled with trolls who doesnt realy want to hold the SOV anyway (due to reason mentioned earlier), whilst denying the current holders possibility to protect it effectively due to split timezones, great concept realy, keep up good work.



Adapt or die, welcome to eve, this game is dark and hard. GO BACK TO WOW xD Xa xa xa


You will be the 1st one who will be whining on forums after the changes :))) I believe lot of CFC space will be taken , even no one want it :)


Taken by what army?

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Black Ambulance
#867 - 2015-03-03 23:50:57 UTC
Cr Turist wrote:
well couple question.

1 what is to prevent a cepter or bomber from reffing a region? will this module have some sort of charge making it not possible for a small ship to just gref people to death?

2 shouldn't you make this module only fit able to command ships? makes sense to me. they have the tank and require some skill to fly. if you don't this is gonna be gay-boys online really fast. every noob gonna be like ooooo i has stealth bomber lets go take deklein.

3 why you hate capitals so much yo. i know CCP Rise cant fly them but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't want to. i really hope you have some good content in the pipe for supers. titans, dreads, and carriers. because as of right now the content for them is limited and post this patch that amount of available content drops even more dramatically



Yo will be able to keep bashing POCOs with them anyway :))
S3ND3TH
Czerka.
What Could Possibly Go Wr0ng
#868 - 2015-03-03 23:50:59 UTC
Aryndel Vyst wrote:
HEY LETS MAKE SOV EASIER TO TAKE FROM LARGE ENTITIES BUT GIVE NO BENEFITS WHATSOEVER TO THE RESIDENTS.

Do you want everyone to do high sec incursions or something?


~content creation~


goon tears are by far the sweetest tears
Hairpins Blueprint
CBC Interstellar
Goonswarm Federation
#869 - 2015-03-03 23:52:22 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Are the HP and Anchor/Online times for IHUBs and TCU's being adjusted?


There no HP any more mate, you don't shoot those things any more :D
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#870 - 2015-03-03 23:52:25 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Cr Turist wrote:
well couple question.

1 what is to prevent a cepter or bomber from reffing a region? will this module have some sort of charge making it not possible for a small ship to just gref people to death?

2 shouldn't you make this module only fit able to command ships? makes sense to me. they have the tank and require some skill to fly. if you don't this is gonna be gay-boys online really fast. every noob gonna be like ooooo i has stealth bomber lets go take deklein.

3 why you hate capitals so much yo. i know CCP Rise cant fly them but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't want to. i really hope you have some good content in the pipe for supers. titans, dreads, and carriers. because as of right now the content for them is limited and post this patch that amount of available content drops even more dramatically


As someone pointed out earlier a single atron flown by SOMEONE WHO LIVES THERE can prevent them switching a system. And i would hope in your peak time zone you are not alone?
If no one lives there give up any idea of assistiance from 40 jumps away.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Sieonigh
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#871 - 2015-03-03 23:54:02 UTC
S3ND3TH wrote:
Aryndel Vyst wrote:
HEY LETS MAKE SOV EASIER TO TAKE FROM LARGE ENTITIES BUT GIVE NO BENEFITS WHATSOEVER TO THE RESIDENTS.

Do you want everyone to do high sec incursions or something?


~content creation~


goon tears are by far the sweetest tears



i cant wait to fill my cup with FA's
Black Ambulance
#872 - 2015-03-03 23:55:03 UTC
Amyclas Amatin wrote:
Black Ambulance wrote:
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:
waltari wrote:
So basically sov nullsec turns into some weird form of Faction Warfare with a benefit to literaly nobody, full of 24/7 hellcamped freeports filled with trolls who doesnt realy want to hold the SOV anyway (due to reason mentioned earlier), whilst denying the current holders possibility to protect it effectively due to split timezones, great concept realy, keep up good work.



Adapt or die, welcome to eve, this game is dark and hard. GO BACK TO WOW xD Xa xa xa


You will be the 1st one who will be whining on forums after the changes :))) I believe lot of CFC space will be taken , even no one want it :)


Taken by what army?


Literally taken by any other alliance :))
Sieonigh
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#873 - 2015-03-03 23:55:22 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Cr Turist wrote:
well couple question.

1 what is to prevent a cepter or bomber from reffing a region? will this module have some sort of charge making it not possible for a small ship to just gref people to death?

2 shouldn't you make this module only fit able to command ships? makes sense to me. they have the tank and require some skill to fly. if you don't this is gonna be gay-boys online really fast. every noob gonna be like ooooo i has stealth bomber lets go take deklein.

3 why you hate capitals so much yo. i know CCP Rise cant fly them but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't want to. i really hope you have some good content in the pipe for supers. titans, dreads, and carriers. because as of right now the content for them is limited and post this patch that amount of available content drops even more dramatically


As someone pointed out earlier a single atron flown by SOMEONE WHO LIVES THERE can prevent them switching a system.
If no one lives there give up any idea of assistiance from 40 jumps away.



its almost as if CCP want you to hold the systems you are using *mind blown*
iP0D
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#874 - 2015-03-03 23:55:34 UTC
Sieonigh wrote:
Leisha Miranen wrote:
Holy ******* **** CCP, is this a joke?

40 Minutes to RF? Tone this down before it's too late to back out. This is insane. LET ME REPEAT, THAT IS INSANE. Why would anyone store ships in a system that can be RF'd in 40 minutes by a small gang?

R.I.P. Null sec Coalitions.

It should take a significant amount of work to take a system. This will be the last nail in the coffin of EVE online's Null Sec. population, because it no longer be viable to defend and hold sov. Srsly. ******* fix this, right now.


firstly its meant to break the coalition gameplay



Which it's not going to accomplish. You can try arbitrary mechanisms to channel behaviour, CCP has done this time and time again, turned out it didn't work. Then they started to think about introducing stimuli based on incentivising in balance with restrictive elements like jump lag, that started to have an effect. Now they're back on the train of the mechanical design approach.

And already the min/maxing has begun among the blocks. Layers of rent control alliances as buffers was the first weak link to be spotted.

It'll work fine in some places, like where there's NRDS and there's an established record to avoid the kind of behaviour that leads to blocks. But the rest, it'll need more than this. More, and different.
Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#875 - 2015-03-03 23:55:44 UTC
Black Ambulance wrote:
Amyclas Amatin wrote:
Black Ambulance wrote:
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:
waltari wrote:
So basically sov nullsec turns into some weird form of Faction Warfare with a benefit to literaly nobody, full of 24/7 hellcamped freeports filled with trolls who doesnt realy want to hold the SOV anyway (due to reason mentioned earlier), whilst denying the current holders possibility to protect it effectively due to split timezones, great concept realy, keep up good work.



Adapt or die, welcome to eve, this game is dark and hard. GO BACK TO WOW xD Xa xa xa


You will be the 1st one who will be whining on forums after the changes :))) I believe lot of CFC space will be taken , even no one want it :)


Taken by what army?


Literally taken by any other alliance :))


There are such forces in existence? What are they doing all this time?

I'm sure you're all excited and are about to form your own just for this purpose aren't you? This could be your lucky day.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Hairpins Blueprint
CBC Interstellar
Goonswarm Federation
#876 - 2015-03-03 23:58:14 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Black Ambulance wrote:
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:

Adapt or die, welcome to eve, this game is dark and hard. GO BACK TO WOW xD Xa xa xa


You will be the 1st one who will be whining on forums after the changes :))) I believe lot of CFC space will be taken , even no one want it :)


Good, game will evole, allaince and coalition structure will change, and there will be some thing to do, compared to what we have to do now.

No contet what so ever, shi* stale and stinks.

I would be glad if every thing would colapse coz some thing new would emerge from it.

I can't wait to see the outcoms of this shi* hiting the fanLol


Fixed quoting. ISD Ezwal.
Black Ambulance
#877 - 2015-03-04 00:00:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:
Black Ambulance wrote:
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:

Adapt or die, welcome to eve, this game is dark and hard. GO BACK TO WOW xD Xa xa xa


You will be the 1st one who will be whining on forums after the changes :))) I believe lot of CFC space will be taken , even no one want it :)


Good, game will evole, allaince and coalition structure will change, and there will be some thing to do, compared to what we have to do now.

No contet what so ever, shi* stale and stinks.

I would be glad if every thing would colapse coz some thing new would emerge from it.

I can't wait to see the outcoms of this shi* hiting the fanLol


Fixed quoting. ISD Ezwal.




Yeah , let;s see how CCP going to fix the SOV :))


Fixed quoting. ISD Ezwal.
Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#878 - 2015-03-04 00:00:15 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:
Black Ambulance wrote:
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:

Adapt or die, welcome to eve, this game is dark and hard. GO BACK TO WOW xD Xa xa xa


You will be the 1st one who will be whining on forums after the changes :))) I believe lot of CFC space will be taken , even no one want it :)


Good, game will evole, allaince and coalition structure will change, and there will be some thing to do, compared to what we have to do now.

No contet what so ever, shi* stale and stinks.

I would be glad if every thing would colapse coz some thing new would emerge from it.

I can't wait to see the outcoms of this shi* hiting the fanLol


Fixed quoting. ISD Ezwal.


Are you going to stay awake with me during the tides of timezone fuckery, my beloved ally?


Fixed quoting. ISD Ezwal.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Hairpins Blueprint
CBC Interstellar
Goonswarm Federation
#879 - 2015-03-04 00:01:42 UTC
Cr Turist wrote:


3 why you hate capitals so much yo. i know CCP Rise cant fly them but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't want to.



This is pure Gold Big smile
Cr Turist
Arcana Noctis
#880 - 2015-03-04 00:02:06 UTC
Wait better question. if no more timers then whats the incentive to fight at all?

not fighting to save a system. not fighting to save a station. whats the point?

i really dont get it maybe im missing something.