These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Politics by Other Means: Sovereignty Phase Two

First post First post First post
Author
Yeoman18
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2081 - 2015-03-05 05:38:09 UTC
Oops, it looks like TCU's can be deployed 50km away from a control tower. Anyways, I still maintain that increasing the potential defenses of a pos would be good for countering the griefing. It should require an organized fleet to take sov, but it shouldn't be a seemingly impossible barrier for the smaller groups.
Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2082 - 2015-03-05 05:52:24 UTC
OldWolf69 wrote:
Is it just me, or are you trying to tell me that renters will take space? Hiseccers will come to null?

Renters already own the space in all but name only. The moment they don't need to pay for supercap fleet leases, yes, they will take the space in name too.

No, hiseccers will not come to null. I never claimed they would. I don't see this doing much to increase the population of null; just to make it somewhat more lively and interesting and engaging for those living there already. That said, a lot of WH corps might come to null. I know ours is considering it.

El'Grimm wrote:
But I see virtually no actual benefit from this, larger than us entities will simply N+1 us, and smaller entities will troll us so badly it will make the game ****, as we chase trolls who ping timers for a chase. Our new players will get farmed by better players who ping timers, and old players who have dedicated the game time to building up the region are already starting to quit as this change shows them that they are unwanted in this game.

I think you are missing a key element here. People currently come to provi for these kinds of fights because it never has a risk of escalating into a supercap sov battle. They pretty much have no other targets ATM that come risk-free like that.

Once this change goes live, provi is going to become a lot quieter in general. Why would Goons fly 40j to provi space with their 200-man inty fleet when FA is NEXT DOOR? They no longer have to worry about every single sov skirmish escalating into a supercap structure grinding nightmare war. They can just shoot at FA's border systems while FA shoots at their border systems and get all that same fun combat right at home, without every single conflict escalating into structure grinds and 3 month supercap tidi fights.

I agree this change would suck immensely for provi if the status quo of every large alliance day-tripping to provi space to get their pvp fix and in order to just keep harassing you guys remained unchanged. But I honestly believe people will quickly realize that, with supercaps and structure grinds out of the picture, they can have a lot more fun harassing their barely-blue neighbors once again instead.

Won't save you guys from Brave though :)
Shodan Of Citadel
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2083 - 2015-03-05 05:57:16 UTC
just give the sov blaster to Titans -nothing says "I'm here to ******* demolish your empire" like a TITAN with a target painter. If you can't waste said titan, you need to fold and join one that can so eve can go back to being CFC vs NC with PL playing pivot man for iskies.
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#2084 - 2015-03-05 06:07:18 UTC
The problem with all these "honest" observations is we don't know which ones bringing complaints are the ones that take away unreasonable or unfair advantages. And, we can't rely on these people being honest about it.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2085 - 2015-03-05 06:09:54 UTC
ergherhdfgh wrote:
CCP has a long history of breaking stuff and walking away from it. Not sure where you get this faith that they will fix it after the fact.

Fair enough. But with their new release cycle they have actually been iteratively fixing things and making adjustments as they go. While their overall history sucks, I truly believe they've turned over a new leaf and their recent history, so far, supports this view. Of course there's always the risk that they backslide into their former bad habits and leave everything broken. But everything is ALREADY broken. If they backslide, we're all going to quit and go play other games REGARDLESS of what they do or don't do on this first pass. It's basically a truism at this point that either CCP maintains these new good iterative habits exemplified by their recent release cycles, or else EVE dies (I've been playing since early 2004, so I know all too well the pain that CCP could but us through if they fall back to their old ways, and exactly how little I'd be willing to tolerate their old behavior at this point :).

ergherhdfgh wrote:
I also don't see how "occupancy" is given all that much more than lip service in this blog.

The entire mechanic is overwhelmingly in favor of local occupants. They have every advantage. Local residency becomes a requirement for taking and holding sov. Taking and holding sov no one else wants to live in but you becomes trivial. Taking and holding sov is significantly divorced from cap and supercap fleet sizes, and only the most lucrative sov systems will require cap fleets to take and hold. The whole new mechanic screams occupancy so loudly that people in this thread rightly aren't sure what role capital ships will have in this future EVE.

So there's no question the new mechanic ties sov almost directly to occupancy. What isn't addressed at all is WHY anyone would want to occupy any part of nullsec in the first place. Why would anyone WANT to live in most of nullsec, let alone claim sov there? And we all know there are real issues there that aren't being covered in this pass, for sure. But I'm irrationally hopeful on CCP addressing that sooner than later; maybe by their winter releases.
Kah'Les
hirr
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2086 - 2015-03-05 06:10:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Kah'Les
This Entosis Link need it's price rised say you make it cost 1 bill I say this is fair as you can take as many systems you want with 1 Entosis Link. And if the ship carrying the Entosis Link get destoyed it still got a chance of being droped, not destoyed as all other sov structores <.<

This is also gone make people fitt it to more tanky ships and not interceptores, making the attackers at least risk something to reinforce a system. Also a ship that fitt a Entosis Link should not be able to cloak and not be nullified so this FLAG SHIP is gone need constant protection. A little bit how we did Freighter protection into null before.

Edit: Also make so you have to be in a station to fitt it, so you can only attack from LOW sec or NPC null.
SiKong Ma
Perkone
Caldari State
#2087 - 2015-03-05 06:18:57 UTC
Here's my 2 cents of opinion to CCP:

1) Entosis link is OP unless there's a serious speed and range nerf - I suggest rename entosis link a a boarding collar (or launching of boarding parties) and every minute consumes 1 marine and 1 supply/min (or whatever figure CCP can "balance") making the ideal ship to do this job, deep space transports. Ship must be below certain speed to start boarding operations and cargohold limits how long you can sustain a "boarding". So 200 ceptors trying to board, possible but you gotta have a transport supplying you the manpower (and later on you can link with the DUST thingy if you want). Of course the structure itself have a certain number of marines in defence and it can be topped up by defenders if their troopships don't get destroyed (defenders will have the advantage of getting marines in). Initial attack on station will be like a small boarding party to gain information of key locations to strike in system followed by spawning of all those command nodes.

2) All hauling ships armed with boarding collar may not have cloak installed as the boarding collar disrupts with the cloaking ability making them targets to be hunted.

3) Capitals have no role now except to bash moons and POS - with introduction of troop hauling ships, capitals will have a role and dreads gets useful in dropping the caps that tried to kill the troopships (can even consider giving them troop bays so they can board too).

4) Ratters/Industrialists and miners are leechers - well, now they can fly those troop hauling ships making them really valuable assets to defend and those are cheap, let non-combatant be non-combatant, it is their preferred life-style but allow them to contribute.

5) Blitz will be the next meta - well, you can't exactly blitz with just 1 transport ship of troops and those are easy to kill if not properly defended.

6) Where do I get soldiers - planetary interaction (introduce troops training facility and supply factories).

War must include soldiers both in space and on land (or in stations). Fullscale warfare includes supplies and soldiers and if you deny either of those, there's no one to make war or assert control. Also, works well with lore and think of the press value (2,000,000 troops killed and 20 million supply units captured in failed assault by Giraffe Swan on New Cataleya alliance). Anyway, just my fantasy.
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
Goonswarm Federation
#2088 - 2015-03-05 06:27:17 UTC
Lena Lazair wrote:
OldWolf69 wrote:
Is it just me, or are you trying to tell me that renters will take space? Hiseccers will come to null?

Renters already own the space in all but name only. The moment they don't need to pay for supercap fleet leases, yes, they will take the space in name too.

No, hiseccers will not come to null. I never claimed they would. I don't see this doing much to increase the population of null; just to make it somewhat more lively and interesting and engaging for those living there already. That said, a lot of WH corps might come to null. I know ours is considering it.

El'Grimm wrote:
But I see virtually no actual benefit from this, larger than us entities will simply N+1 us, and smaller entities will troll us so badly it will make the game ****, as we chase trolls who ping timers for a chase. Our new players will get farmed by better players who ping timers, and old players who have dedicated the game time to building up the region are already starting to quit as this change shows them that they are unwanted in this game.

I think you are missing a key element here. People currently come to provi for these kinds of fights because it never has a risk of escalating into a supercap sov battle. They pretty much have no other targets ATM that come risk-free like that.

Once this change goes live, provi is going to become a lot quieter in general. Why would Goons fly 40j to provi space with their 200-man inty fleet when FA is NEXT DOOR? They no longer have to worry about every single sov skirmish escalating into a supercap structure grinding nightmare war. They can just shoot at FA's border systems while FA shoots at their border systems and get all that same fun combat right at home, without every single conflict escalating into structure grinds and 3 month supercap tidi fights.

I agree this change would suck immensely for provi if the status quo of every large alliance day-tripping to provi space to get their pvp fix and in order to just keep harassing you guys remained unchanged. But I honestly believe people will quickly realize that, with supercaps and structure grinds out of the picture, they can have a lot more fun harassing their barely-blue neighbors once again instead.

Won't save you guys from Brave though :)

you don't get goons, do you

the fact that you think that we find combat fun proves you 100% do not understand us at all

we don't want to engage you in combat

we want you to die
Tiberus Cesar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2089 - 2015-03-05 06:29:18 UTC
Honestly go back to the plans and try again CCP, Virtually no risk for the attacker,

A suggestion if you are going to ignore the streams of anti the changes chorus this feedback forum has

You have to make this link like a dd IE they can't move, , warp , cloak, jump or leave system for some very long time period after activation. As an idea for how lone lets make it 30 minutes, oh and it would have to be notification on initial cycle, just like any other sturcture in the game.

Otherwise these changes will be all hail the rise of the troll interceptor,

cheers
Tiberus
Zappity
Kurved Trading
#2090 - 2015-03-05 06:36:24 UTC
Lena Lazair wrote:
You are asking CCP to fix an unfixable problem.

Alliances in different TZs cannot meaningfully interact with each other because they aren't online at the same time, not because of anything CCP is or is not doing. Period.

In a game where fun boils down to "interacting with other people in real time", there is basically no way around this. CCP is finally just introducing a mechanic that accepts this basic reality. They cannot magically make AI proxies for the other alliance to play in your TZ to enable your fun. Find people to have fun with that are online roughly when you are.

This is actually a good point regarding prime time.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Zappity
Kurved Trading
#2091 - 2015-03-05 06:37:31 UTC
Why not allow sov at corp level? You could imagine corps focusing on single constellations only and this would solve the alliance timezone issue.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Miner Hottie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2092 - 2015-03-05 06:40:44 UTC
SiKong Ma wrote:
Here's my 2 cents of opinion to CCP:

1) Entosis link is OP unless there's a serious speed and range nerf - I suggest rename entosis link a a boarding collar (or launching of boarding parties) and every minute consumes 1 marine and 1 supply/min (or whatever figure CCP can "balance") making the ideal ship to do this job, deep space transports. Ship must be below certain speed to start boarding operations and cargohold limits how long you can sustain a "boarding". So 200 ceptors trying to board, possible but you gotta have a transport supplying you the manpower (and later on you can link with the DUST thingy if you want). Of course the structure itself have a certain number of marines in defence and it can be topped up by defenders if their troopships don't get destroyed (defenders will have the advantage of getting marines in). Initial attack on station will be like a small boarding party to gain information of key locations to strike in system followed by spawning of all those command nodes.

2) All hauling ships armed with boarding collar may not have cloak installed as the boarding collar disrupts with the cloaking ability making them targets to be hunted.

3) Capitals have no role now except to bash moons and POS - with introduction of troop hauling ships, capitals will have a role and dreads gets useful in dropping the caps that tried to kill the troopships (can even consider giving them troop bays so they can board too).

4) Ratters/Industrialists and miners are leechers - well, now they can fly those troop hauling ships making them really valuable assets to defend and those are cheap, let non-combatant be non-combatant, it is their preferred life-style but allow them to contribute.

5) Blitz will be the next meta - well, you can't exactly blitz with just 1 transport ship of troops and those are easy to kill if not properly defended.

6) Where do I get soldiers - planetary interaction (introduce troops training facility and supply factories).

War must include soldiers both in space and on land (or in stations). Fullscale warfare includes supplies and soldiers and if you deny either of those, there's no one to make war or assert control. Also, works well with lore and think of the press value (2,000,000 troops killed and 20 million supply units captured in failed assault by Giraffe Swan on New Cataleya alliance). Anyway, just my fantasy.

Unironically this idea actually makes some sense, it works with the lore and isn't as stupidly easy to encourage excess griefing.

It's all about how hot my mining lasers get.

El'Grimm
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2093 - 2015-03-05 07:05:01 UTC
Lena Lazair wrote:

I think you are missing a key element here.

I think your missing the point actually.

The current system isn't about just structures, its about politics, meta, allies and attrition among other things. All of the depth we have now is one reason null is fought over so intensely when it does kick off.

You cheapen the tools of war, you cheapen the experience. If you think the same group of thousands of people are going to want to engage in the sov game when the new mechanics scream "lol sov why" you are the one who is mistaken. If these players so wanted skirmish and lol fights they wouldn't be bothered about sov warfare anyway and we'd all be flying in FW, the reason we aren't, because we dont want cheap meaningless pvp that has no practical use, nothing really happens and changes every few days.

Now Im gonna harp on about the inty fleets you so easily dismiss.

First these arent going to be the non combat ships people are joking about, they will likely be combat ceptors, but with more escape speed.

So here it goes, a few hundred turn up to a single region, the few you might kill IF they come through a known pipe is negligable, and thats assuming they dont come via wh, which if you dont know is how all the blocs move en mass now anyway.
So, that fleet now spreads out over the whole region engaging every single sov timer within minutes of them arriving, ie literally hundreds of attacks at the same time. The defender, now has approximately 20-30 minutes to effectively destroy all of these ships spread across there single region. The inties will laughably kill any weak defenders or simply outmanouvre and not engage anything with a defence. This attack will be almost zero risk for the attackers, and terrible for the defenders purely because of the number of attacks.
And then the cycle begins, for the defender every prime time the same happens, more sov timers will be lost due to the sheer number of attacks, and come 48 hrs after the first strike that number starts increasing by a factor of 5 due to the node spawns, making it even worse. I know someone will go lol yeah you control too much space, uh huh.. well anything smaller will just get rofl-stomped by sheer numbers.

Here is the comedy of it all, assuming the attackers fly with a policy of non engagement, they could in theory take an entire regions sov from a well defended region in a matter of days with practically no actual combat. Sure a few good fights will likely happen, but it wont matter, the sheer lunacy of 1 attacker being able to individually affect sov at first glance seems pretty cool, but this is eve there is NEVER just 1 attacker.

From how I know this will pan out, even a say 99% success rate of catching these attackers is sustained, your still looking at sov structures being lost by the defenders (and seriously by the numbers and the time frame its going to be much much worse than that) and so for the cost of a few hundred ceptors you will destroy billions of isk in assets, for the loss of virtually nothing.

And to emphasize this even more, thats one region with just a few hundred ceptors, by bloc participation, cfc could pull this same trick on 10 regions simultaneously, N3 6/7, PL 2/3 etc etc.

The only defense I can possible see working against this attack is NOT a responce, that would simply be too slow, but actually having constant on guard defense fleets. Spread already waiting on every sov structure spread over the whole region.
And if guarding for a potential invasion that may or may not happen, every day, every prime time, holidays or whatever. If this is ccp's idea of fun engaging dynamic game play then they can go do one. And of course if you Do go to the trouble of actively spreading out your fleet to all constellations, well they are just gonna blap each small pocket one at a time, then continue anyway.

We arent a mega bloc, compared to them we are small, compact and highly populated, this scheme has no apeal to anyone who currently holds sov, why do you think some of the biggest proponents of this are PL :)

After these changes, sure the super blocs are gonna probably shrink, but I think EVERY other null entity is gonna get wiped of the map at least once, and I'm guessing they wont just leave null but will leave the game as the epic scale of null that brings them here, will be lost to cheap skirmishes and even more pointless sov than it is now.

Damnit one day I will learn to summarize rather than ramble/rant.
flapie 2
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#2094 - 2015-03-05 07:09:32 UTC  |  Edited by: flapie 2
Hmmm it was a long read, and im still not quite sure what to think.
I have been part of some of the most memorable events in Null history (the first ever Titan (good ol Steve :nostalgic:) one of the first ever build outposts), and been part of making those things possible in PvP as well as logistics and mining/PvE.
After that how ever its swiftly became clear to me that no matter how much time we sunk into big projects like that, there was always the risk of getting a BTTH (witch in ASCN case came rather swift and in a somewhat questionable way (both creative ways of game-play as well as simple abuse of mechanics)).

All bs set aside though, i liked every aspect of it, and even more so i like the idea of making a certain area of Null sec more deffendable and more of a permanent home for your alliance. We asked for a few things back then, witch lead into the whole SOV POS warefare thing, witch was a big turn off to me since they had a considerable amount of EHP. We also asked for destroyable and build-able stargate (and taxable) witch i think jump bridge are a iteration of, witch again isnt quite what some player expected of it and deff not in the time span we would have like to see those things happen. The idea of having gate guns simular to Empire once has never been touched on, but was also once of the ideas mentioned back then (all of the above were listed in a DEV blog as ideas CCP would like to work on/with).

Ever since the only thing we have seen so far is more effort in terms of grinding down things with a large amount of EHP (witch is been in debate for quite some time now), and never has there been any real effort put into making a certain part of space truely your own. The only thing you could really get out of NULL up to the exploration updates (and even more so after that tbh) is PvE isk grinding in anoms and PvP (not counting moon goo for obvious reasons), that prity much sums up any reason why i would even want to go there at all. The rest i can do just fine in High/Low-sec with little more effort and risk despite the growth of gankers in those areas.

Now as much as i like some of the ideas mentioned here, its sounds a whole lot like a capture the flag event making SOV holding and taking more of a coin flipping event that happens within a certain time-zone that you as an alliance set. I dont quite see yet how this is supposed to fun in any kind of way, nor rewarding for effort/time that has been put into taking/holding said space.

Just as small example of what im trying to aim at here:
- Moving things from point A to B took time/effort and a small fleet to get done save and quickly, now its done by jump capable ships and alt accounts even with the latest changes i don't see much changes here at all. (with moving things i mean either from station to outpost for reff rates, or from null to low to empire for sales or supplies).

Ever since the change into POS SOV and prity much every thing that came after it, has been a big turn down for me to even attempt to go there, and the last trip i made there was rather short full of arguments and mainly consisted of grinding EHP's down when not roaming and playing cat and mouse with fleets that never ended up engaging each other ending up doing over 50 to 100 jumps in a sub-cap fleet coming back with a stressed out fleet comm leading into more discussions and arguments. I dont see this being any different in any alliance, especially then you come back to a system that is being afk-cloacky camped because NPC kills went true the roof out of shear boredom.

With these changes i don't see how that is going to change much, you'll be chasing ghosts/timer events, with still no real reason to even hold space aside from moon goo. There is no way to really improve that part of space, increase it protection or make other professions worth while. You'll be forcing both the offenders as well as the defenders to operate in certain time-zones being set by the high-chiefs of the alliance, so you can either participate or read about it in alliance mails because its not your prime-time. Or you'll be forced to make you own alliance and try to recruit enough members in that time-zone to be able to take and defend space that doesn't have a whole lot of value to begin with.

I know that how things were they will never be, since the first Titan has already been build, outpost have already been placed on most important parts of space (if not all). But i miss the times where time and effort where needed and rewarded for both holding and taking space, when small roams where still fun and every once in while still had some good fights in it. Atm everything in EVE not only Null seems to rotate around the Grief/Gank and shear outnumbering of the enemy, rather then having good fights and earning respect true those fights. Unless CCP starts to notice and address these issues not much will change, making SOV a Time-Zone based capture the flag event sure as hell aint going to contribute to solving those issues.

In short where are all the good things CCP had planned, like system wide astroid belts, build-able and desctutable/taxable gates, gate guns and all the other goodies mentioned back in the day when Null was still special ?

Sorry for any signs of the bitter vet virus and or typo issues, but i find most of this to be quite a joke, and not a very good joke tbh.

*and sorry for the long read and edit to filter out some typos*
Kilab Gercias
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2095 - 2015-03-05 07:15:34 UTC
The real Problem at the Momen in Sov Warfare is that the normal Grunt in the Allie has to wait for the FCs to Show up. I cannt just take a Dread/mom/Titan whatever and help his alliance.
He has to wait for Commands/Intel (he dont has)/ 20 - 30 other Dudes for Back up. In this System 2 - 5 Pilots are enough to do something, nothing big but a small contribituion to Sov Warfare will be possible. In the current system you just can do large things and thats the Problem.
0 or 1 (all), its not possible to do 0,01 or 0,02 (Baby Steps) to get to the Goal.

Sure big numbers will still help and the big Coaltion will still exist after the Change, but there will be People to Claim sov in one or two Systems. And thats the hole Point about the new System.

No Longer all or nothing, every Alliance can get some bread Crumbs from the big Cake 0.0 is

Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
SONS of BANE
#2096 - 2015-03-05 07:26:08 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

I'll also probably be quickly spinning off a discussion of the module balance surrounding the Entosis Link, since that's an area where I expect we can calm some fears relatively easily. The short version is that we have all the tools of EVE's module design at our disposal to ensure that no specific tactics get out of hand. So if problems show up in discussion and playtesting we're happy to let players try to find a counter and then relatively easily step in if that counter doesn't materialize.

couple ideas to address the ease in which a small alliance could lose their system:
- A stacking penalty in conjunction with inhibiting the ships movement/preventing cloaking while active might be good.
- Restricting the module to a range in hull size, such as to BC class. You want it easy, but that easy?

An alliance's prime time is critical to this being successful. Sure, it may be inconvenient for an attacker, but given people do not live and breathe in the EVE universe they still have families, jobs, and simple biological necessities like sleep to deal with. "Sorry boss, I have to take the day off to protect my Sov." just does not cut it. Blink

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Trii Seo
I too am gay
#2097 - 2015-03-05 07:34:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Trii Seo
El'Grimm wrote:
[quote=Lena Lazair]
You cheapen the tools of war, you cheapen the experience. If you think the same group of thousands of people are going to want to engage in the sov game when the new mechanics scream "lol sov why" you are the one who is mistaken. If these players so wanted skirmish and lol fights they wouldn't be bothered about sov warfare anyway and we'd all be flying in FW, the reason we aren't, because we dont want cheap meaningless pvp that has no practical use, nothing really happens and changes every few days.

This.

Even if the system were to work well, it really will not magically cause more fights. Beyond the fact that there's no reason to launch a sov war, the new system rewards hunkering down in your region and not launching a war because the moment you invade someone, someone else can slip in and create a pile of timers.

Hell, it doesn't take launching an invasion to do so... taking your alliance mates on a slosh op for a few hours may result in you coming back to see a reinforced region. The system effectively promotes less PvP, less fighting, less bloodshed and more gatecamping for frigates with entosis modules. It promotes smaller sov-holders having to spend their prime time watching out for a single pilot that may be somewhere instead of actually looking for trouble.

But it's "Power to the people!" and "Small gang heaven!" you may say. Don't worry - the Malcanis' Law is here in full strength. Just silence your "grrr!" for a minute and think about it: who has the organization to keep indexes of a region high and the manpower to have a standing defense fleet against button-hunters as well as many "incursion" fleets that would be launched into hostile space to create timers everywhere they can?

Also, weaponized boredom - this system doesn't get rid of it. This system just gives it to the other side not just in one but two flavors - creating timers and not showing up for them, so simply trolling and forcing a hostile group to remain in the region and not go out roaming/fighting because you may reinforce their stuff and cloaky trolling.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Eryn Velasquez
#2098 - 2015-03-05 07:41:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Eryn Velasquez
The skill "Infomorph Psychology" can be learned by trial accounts. This must be changed, or we'll see a flood of trials swarming over the sov-holders.

Correction:
I'm sorry, did'nt realize that the module cannot be used by trials - but is there any other module not useable by trials even if they can learn the skill?

_“A man's freedom consists in his being able to do whatever he wills, but that he should not, by any human power, be forced to do what is against his will.” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau _

Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#2099 - 2015-03-05 07:44:36 UTC
The proposed Entosis Link gameplay is pretty meh. Everyone who has one turns it on - everyone else targets them, hits F1, and business as usual. Whoever has the last Link running, wins.

It would be far more interesting if the contest between two opposing Entosis Links involved some sort of player-vs-player contest - perhaps a two-player, upgraded version of the hacking mini-game (which is also long overdue for an upgrade).

The winner goes on to play against the next opposing Entosis Link player in the queue, until one side runs out of Entosis Link players.

And, since the Entosis Link is some sort of mind-machine interface, losing the mini-game match should result in the loser's ship & pod blowing up (SP loss, too, like strat cruisers? Nah, probably too extreme).

While the Entosis Link battle is going on, supporting fleets can be picking off opposing players in the queue. The two players actually engaged in Entosis Link battle could be immune to outside damage during the match, or not. There are pros and cons to both approaches.

An alternative to the single queue would be to pair up all opposing players with Entosis Links, to play the 1-v-1 version of the mini-game simultaneously. The winners go on to play against the winners on the opposing side, until one side runs out of Entosis Link players.

Anyways, just an off-the-wall suggestion....

... and apologies if this has already been suggested.
Kah'Les
hirr
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2100 - 2015-03-05 08:03:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Kah'Les
Yes, and we can all fly around in interceptores all day long hunting command nodes. Sounds so fun. /sarcasem