These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The destruction of an ice mining corporation

Author
Drez Arthie
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2015-03-03 15:48:02 UTC
Lennox Dantes wrote:
The saddest thing is that CCP listens to people like you. They continually vandalize their game to make it more like everything else on the market to accommodate people like you. They have been doing it for years. Yet, 1.5 years ago I would log in to a server of 40k people. Now, it's 20k. Do you think this is because CCP needs to keep buttering the stretch - marked thighs of carebears? Or is it because this game is straying so far from its roots that people are just over it

It's because it's a 10+ year old game. Everything loses its novelty after a while. We shouldn't flatter ourselves to think our forum ranting has that much influence over the game's future.
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#82 - 2015-03-03 16:40:05 UTC
I think it's because all those isboxer alts aren't logging in, so there's probably just as many players, just much fewer toons.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

xartin
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2015-03-03 17:51:09 UTC  |  Edited by: xartin
Definitely overlooking the availability of under mined nullsec ice belts. Find a nullsec corp that lives in sov controlled nullsec space and get out of highsec.

https://i.imgur.com/cbAw2l4.png
Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#84 - 2015-03-03 19:02:14 UTC
Drez Arthie wrote:
Lennox Dantes wrote:
The saddest thing is that CCP listens to people like you. They continually vandalize their game to make it more like everything else on the market to accommodate people like you. They have been doing it for years. Yet, 1.5 years ago I would log in to a server of 40k people. Now, it's 20k. Do you think this is because CCP needs to keep buttering the stretch - marked thighs of carebears? Or is it because this game is straying so far from its roots that people are just over it

It's because it's a 10+ year old game. Everything loses its novelty after a while. We shouldn't flatter ourselves to think our forum ranting has that much influence over the game's future.

Forum ranting? No, but CCP's constant pursuit of "NEW player retention" has cost them OLD player retention. It's common though in MMOs. They all end up chasing the new short term money rather than hanging onto the long term loyal customers. By now you would think developers would have learned their lesson but they haven't.
Brutus Utama
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#85 - 2015-03-04 13:46:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Brutus Utama
I partially agree with the OP here but also partially do not.....

Ice mining sucks at the minute compared to how it was also the belts are emptied very fast (in high sec) but if you find the right system we had a nice one it had a few regulars and 1 mini borg (who was really rude) but in 1 month i pulled in 16k blocks of ice..... then i realised i had an issue.... all this ice and already alot out there... my options were to hold onto it or crash the market with it.... so i have a 17k blocks of ice in high sec atm and moved to nullsec untill the price rises again.... since the jump changes ice is not worth making a living mining....

I make 2-3x more isk mining normal roids in null sec than i did mining ice....also i didnt believe it at first but null sec is safer than high sec....

We have an ice belt near us which is untouched 95% of the time but the logistics make it not a viable mine...
Dave stark
#86 - 2015-03-04 13:52:28 UTC
right click, warp to asteroid belt.

stop whining.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#87 - 2015-03-04 14:54:46 UTC
Brutus Utama wrote:
so i have 17k blocks of ice in high sec atm ... until the price rises again

Unless CCP introduces a new use for Ice I doubt the price is coming back.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#88 - 2015-03-04 15:01:41 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
I must say hisec is in bad shape ... There is nothing you can do there to avoid getting broke.
How so, when you can avoid having any losses in hisec?

Zekora Rally
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2015-03-04 19:37:40 UTC
Alexei Stryker wrote:
Zekora Rally wrote:
The hilarious part about this thread are those telling the OP to move to lowsec or whs to mine ice. You might as well just warp-in then self destruct, why would you want to mine anything in a wh especially shattered systems which have at least 4 incoming holes at any given time?

Because people need some miners to shoot?

Fair enough.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#90 - 2015-03-04 20:34:11 UTC

Make friends in providence. It's a NRDS region of space that has lots of ice belts. I recommend contacting CVA before moving in, but they typically welcome PvE'ers into the area.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#91 - 2015-03-04 21:32:43 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
I must say hisec is in bad shape ... There is nothing you can do there to avoid getting broke.
How so, when you can avoid having any losses in hisec?

I think the gankers need to be nerfed more.

Or perhaps they are thinking of the BUMPERS?!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jenshae Chiroptera
#92 - 2015-03-05 04:11:04 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
... diversify your source of income?
For emphasis.
Op:
Ice is much easier to skill for than ore.
Try Null Sec, just not where I am, please. P
(I already have my quota of people moaning and gnashing their teeth) Twisted

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#93 - 2015-03-05 05:39:57 UTC
OP, your problems are all the fault of other miners.

There's no need to whine, however! Train a gank alt, and solve the problem for yourself.

The skillplan for new Catalyst pilots at www.minerbumping.com should be of use to you.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Leannor
BlackWatch Industrial Group
Reckless Contingency.
#94 - 2015-03-05 13:59:44 UTC
two solutions ... mine ore? There's still a decent income if you choose the right ore.

or ... find several (maybe just 4) ice belts, and rotate around them as they end and respwan ... never ending. Simples.

"Lykouleon wrote:

STOP TOUCHING ICONIC SHIP PARTS"

Kuga
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2015-03-07 17:49:47 UTC
Move to null sec - there's boat loads of ice down here. You will also have the opportunity to expand your operation into PI and building fuel blocks there which the local population will gladly buy for above Jita price (because importing is expensive).

I think you need to get out of a rut and explore your options a bit more. Don't get stuck by your self fabricated limitations!
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#96 - 2015-03-07 21:28:28 UTC
Musashi IV wrote:

Why should I have to shut down my fleet? All those hours of training and millions of ISK are wasted!!!. What CCP did was wrong!!

Nothing is ever wasted. Pull your head out of your ass and use it to think of alternatives. Blink

Be the first kid on your block to come up with a new idea that makes tonnes of ISK.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Hiyora Akachi
Advanced Hole Theory
#97 - 2015-03-08 02:41:02 UTC
Musashi IV wrote:

Why should I have to shut down my fleet? All those hours of training and millions of ISK are wasted!!!. What CCP did was wrong!!

Move to Osmon, we had four ice anoms running concurrently today. **** was spooky.
Logan Revelore
Symbiotic Systems
#98 - 2015-03-08 12:42:27 UTC
Musashi IV wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:
I'd say you have to move systems.

I have several char in different locations looking for ice. Their are so many players ice mining that all ice is gone withen 1 hour.

If that is the case then the market will balance itself and people will stop mining ice as it has become unprofitable.. When that happens there will be more ice available again.
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
G0Z1LLA
#99 - 2015-03-09 03:14:33 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Highsec problems.

this.

There's ice belts in 0.0 that are essentially untouched. There's one I leave an ice miner in while I go ratting in the system. If rats arrive at the belt, I warp back to defend my alt. If a neut enters system, dock up the miner.

I have never seen any other player in that belt, although I assume that others mine it occasionally because it respawned a while back.

As mentioned, ice prices have dropped since the Phoebe changes. However, towers still need fuelblocks and jump freighters still need 'topes.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2015-03-09 07:33:16 UTC
You should be allowed to farm isk all day in ice belts!

There are bottom lines and kids to feed after all!

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"