These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Let me tell you why people are killing highsec miners. A manifesto.

First post
Author
Elson Tamar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#201 - 2011-12-03 01:16:28 UTC
The worst thing is though, worse than the tears, worse than the justifications is that suicide ganking is the eve equivelent of Burbury or Bejazzeling. Thats right suicide ganking is trending on twitter i may start building more thrashers for sale, damn need to mine to maufacture them so i can sell them.......
see where i went there? Cool
hired goon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#202 - 2011-12-03 01:48:24 UTC
Read everything. Brilliant, well written, and a really enjoyable read.

However.

Though I do support suicide ganking as it adds spice and flavour to the game, and is true to the essence of Eve (as you say) I find your absolute loathing of miners distasteful, and harrowing. I am more likely to side with miners when faced with you. You make many assumptions and generalizations and appear - though articulate - very misguided.

I am surprised your hatred is not directed towards mission runners, honestly. To me they seem more to fit the bill of lifeless money-making bots who are completely detached from the spirit of eve, than miners do.
Igualmentedos
Perkone
Caldari State
#203 - 2011-12-03 01:51:37 UTC
Nikola Aivoras wrote:
Eve Antonovich wrote:
Is there a tl;dr?


TL;DR

People say gankers are horrible people with no life. In response, I call all hisec miners bots, or if they aren't bots, they want to be anyway. Also, they are intrinsically evil. They are heartless, cold beings with one goal in mind - to make ISK the easiest way possible.

In order to rid the earth of this scourge, all hisec miners, bot or not, should be scoured from the belts.

I will now tell you pointless stories about my personal ganking achievements.

CALL TO ARMS!! RID THE WORLD OF THESE MACHINE MEN!!!!


There is no way he spent that much time writing out such a stupid post.
Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#204 - 2011-12-03 02:09:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Alec Freeman
10/10 great effort. Very high quality troll and I actually enjoyed the read. Bravo my brother. Bravo.
Teamosil
Good Time Family Band Solution
#205 - 2011-12-03 02:24:00 UTC
TLDR version: miners think suicide gankers just like griefing people, and that's about right.
Sara XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#206 - 2011-12-03 02:29:25 UTC
Best post ever.

Between Ignorance and Wisdom
Teamosil
Good Time Family Band Solution
#207 - 2011-12-03 02:34:07 UTC
Alec Freeman wrote:
10/10 great effort. Very high quality troll and I actually enjoyed the read. Bravo my brother. Bravo.


I'm giving it a 7/10. Certainly, 10/10 for effort, but IMO truly great trolling is an art of finesse, not brute force.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#208 - 2011-12-03 02:36:24 UTC
Honestly, you would have had me at "because they smell funny" had you gone that route.

Still, nicely done.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

xanaxred
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#209 - 2011-12-03 02:41:20 UTC
I think allot of people need to respect how others play the game a bit more, everyone plays the game differently and we all pay or have payed real money to play EVE not to mention the time we have 'all' invested in EVE. By all means suicide gank if you want but don't think of yourself any higher just because someone else plays EVE different to how you do, it's just a game Idea
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#210 - 2011-12-03 03:09:25 UTC
hired goon wrote:
Read everything. Brilliant, well written, and a really enjoyable read.

However.

Though I do support suicide ganking as it adds spice and flavour to the game, and is true to the essence of Eve (as you say) I find your absolute loathing of miners distasteful, and harrowing. I am more likely to side with miners when faced with you. You make many assumptions and generalizations and appear - though articulate - very misguided.

I am surprised your hatred is not directed towards mission runners, honestly. To me they seem more to fit the bill of lifeless money-making bots who are completely detached from the spirit of eve, than miners do.


+1

This is why I ignore folks who tell me to go mission rather than mine. I prefer a profession that allows me to just redistribute ISK, not pump it in. It makes me feel more involved with other players when I place buy/sell orders.

Also, not all miners are bots. I'm a miner, but I don't mine for the ISK. I only do it to support my other habits: random pvp, stocking up weapons and ships for Hulkageddon, exploring low-sec and null-sec, etc. There is so much more to explore in Eve. But mainly I mine and I love it so much that I never AFK mine.

I love the sounds of strip mining beams hitting the asteroids and tearing them to shreds. I love looking at the scenery (which has recently improved my experience). But most importantly, I enjoying keeping an eye out for gankers. When I see a ganker, I don't see a griefer. I see player-to-player involvement. I see someone to talk to for the sake of having a conversation. But most importantly, I see mineral demand going up. It makes my profession feel that more important.

Adapt or Die

Sir Smythe
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#211 - 2011-12-03 03:28:02 UTC
An absolutely epic treaty! 315 may not have been the originator of the highsec gank miner ideology, but he is first I've read who put all the pieces together. P AND changed my mind about opposing it!

This logic can not be ignored by CCP. This is "exactly" what CCP has designed this game to do and become. They advertise this constantly: "1 person can make a difference in the universe."

CCP, you are getting what you wished for, so beware of nerfing it to much!
The Mittani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#212 - 2011-12-03 03:52:24 UTC
James 315, best 315. I recall reading his similarly lengthy pieces about the downfall of BoB during the Great War; I took great pleasure from watching the BoB wretches howl, denying those 315 posts or decrying them, only to see him proved entirely correct by events.

Do your part: murder a miner in hisec today!

~hi~

The Mittani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#213 - 2011-12-03 03:56:05 UTC
Myrdraeus Keaunt wrote:
What about the hi-sec miner that's AFK mining to pay for a suicide ganking habit?

10 pages of argument just dusted with one question. HAH!


proper gankers scam for isk :eng101:

~hi~

Sinistra Arc
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#214 - 2011-12-03 04:07:35 UTC
Eve Antonovich wrote:
Is there a tl;dr?


Yes.

And it's TLDR as well.
Nor Tzestu
Dos Pollos Hermanos
#215 - 2011-12-03 04:51:12 UTC
Read the whole thing, impressive skill at framing and communicating your thoughts. I enjoyed the read.
Titania Hrothgar
Nemesis Retribution
#216 - 2011-12-03 05:23:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Titania Hrothgar
James 315 wrote:

stuff

Hate? Disgust? Seriously? You actually have psychotic feelings for them? You think everyone should hate and despise them?

The OP sounds really disturbed :)

All the world's a stage and all the men and women are the players.

Aamrr
#217 - 2011-12-03 05:23:57 UTC
Does it really count as an ad hominem when the ad hominem is the thesis?

Philosoraptor wonders...
Vigh Tian
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#218 - 2011-12-03 05:24:32 UTC
Oh snap! It's the Uniganker!
Titania Hrothgar
Nemesis Retribution
#219 - 2011-12-03 05:25:51 UTC
Also he talks about miners who bot... umm....

LOW SEC uses bots to... GATE CAMP :)

So... we're.... even? :)

This has been an amusing read though, thank you

All the world's a stage and all the men and women are the players.

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#220 - 2011-12-03 05:30:44 UTC
Now that's the biggest, steamiest pile of digital BS I've seen in the fifteen years I've been on the interweb thingy. The reason the vandals break everyone else's toys just to giggle amongst each other is because daddy didn't appropriately apply the leather to their hindparts when they were yanking the heads off their sisters' Barbis. The long explanation shows the sort of refinement expected from a brat who's lied his way out of every trangression since the terrible twos.

-10/10 Brevity is the soul of wit.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.