These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Marauders and Why?

First post
Author
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-02-20 20:35:48 UTC
Azda Ja wrote:
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Bastion Arzi wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Golem is downright nasty to fight with a good pilot behind it.

With which missile system?

Torps.

Yeah cuz orbiting with a Frigate and AB is so hard...

Bastionnades.

So you had a good fight with some newb pirates on a gate with your OGB providing you some sick bonuses along with your Crystal implants.

I did enjoy your video though. If they actually decided to move and stop hugging the gate... with decent fits.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2015-02-20 20:43:33 UTC
So you had a good fight with some newb pirates on a gate with your OGB providing you some sick bonuses along with your Crystal implants.

I did enjoy your video though. If they actually decided to move and stop hugging the gate... with decent fits.

Not me in the video.

Even with all those things you mention, it's no less impressive, and baltec1's statement :

baltec1 wrote:

...is still true.

Grrr.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#23 - 2015-02-20 20:49:17 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Glenda en Welle wrote:
I've been looking into finishing up training for a Marauder but I haven't seen what they are used for... Any ideas like low sec level 5's or just faster level 4's?

You'll want this thread moved to missions and complexes or Ships and modules.

Marauders are useful for lots of things. Faster lvl 4s yea. Fit right and with the right tactics you can do lvl 5s or wormholes or DED complexes like in this video.

There are even some pvp uses but I ain't got 'nuff balls to do that personally. Hats off to the guys who do.

Shout out to my friend SkyFlyer here.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2015-02-20 20:52:23 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
baltec1 wrote:
Bastion Arzi wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Torps.

Two webs and two target paints on said frig means its turns to dust in short order.

But hey, want to crush frigates and cruisers but dont want to spend 2 bil to do it?

RHML raven is the toy for you.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#25 - 2015-02-20 20:54:08 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Bastion Arzi wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Torps.

Two webs and two target paints on said frig means its turns to dust in short order.

But hey, want to crush frigates and cruisers but dont want to spend 2 bil to do it?

RHML raven is the toy for you.

Because anyone is going to orbit inside 14km when kitting.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Paranoid Loyd
#26 - 2015-02-20 21:00:43 UTC
Yeah it's unfortunate Marauders don't have utility high slots so you can fit neuts, oh wait.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-02-20 21:11:52 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Yeah it's unfortunate Marauders don't have utility high slots so you can fit neuts, oh wait.

Because one or two neuts when facing 40 frig hulls works?

You turn on bastion, you can't move, you can't leave, you can't do anything other than apply DPS on BS hulls and web out to 14km. Defeating a Golem could be accomplished with a small gang of Sentinels.

Paranoid Loyd
#28 - 2015-02-20 21:14:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Your defeatist mentality is your undoing and why you will never enjoy this game as much as you could. I can argue counters all day too. I prefer to find solutions instead of hoping for an I win button.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#29 - 2015-02-20 21:18:03 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Your defeatist mentality is your undoing and why you will never enjoy this game as much as you could. I can argue counters all day too. I prefer to find solutions instead of hoping for an I win button.

OK, so you neut my sentinel out... my drones still work, and I can still control my range. At 400m/s and a 41 sig you are doing no damage. When you balloon my sig, I warp out. Then you get to lock the next one.

A single ship, alone, whether a Golem or a Titan is not "nasty" to kill.

Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-02-20 21:20:21 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

Because one or two neuts when facing 40 frig hulls works?

You turn on bastion, you can't move, you can't leave, you can't do anything other than apply DPS on BS hulls and web out to 14km. Defeating a Golem could be accomplished with a small gang of Sentinels.

Because the mere existence of a counter invalidates the successes in the absence of said counter. Your answers are just: "Yeah sure, BUT, what if x,y or z."

No one said there were no counters to a Golem, just that a good Golem pilot is extremely impressive. If there weren't any counters, the Golem would be overpowered and nerfed in short order.

So, the fact is while yes there are many valid ways of dealing with a Marauder, it doesn't change the fact that they can, and are used to devastating (and entertaining) effect.

Grrr.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2015-02-20 21:23:26 UTC

Remind us what scram range is again.
Paranoid Loyd
#32 - 2015-02-20 21:24:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

OK, so you neut my sentinel out... my drones still work, and I can still control my range. At 400m/s and a 41 sig you are doing no damage. When you balloon my sig, I warp out. Then you get to lock the next one.

A single ship, alone, whether a Golem or a Titan is not "nasty" to kill.

Your sentinel's four unbonused light drones? Hahahaha, no please stop that tickles.

Do you realize Marauders also have drones?

Fix the Prospect!

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#33 - 2015-02-20 21:27:23 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

What the heck does scram range matter. (11km OH) You arent scramming my frig, I can go anywhere I want. I don't even need to scram you, because you just hit the "I Win but Die" button.

You must not be very good at this game.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#34 - 2015-02-20 21:27:54 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

Your sentinel's four unbonused light drones? Hahahaha

Do you think I should tell him about smartbombs.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#35 - 2015-02-20 21:29:08 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

What the heck does scram range matter. (11km OH) You arent scramming my frig, I can go anywhere I want. I don't even need to scram you, because you just hit the "I Win but Die" button.

You must not be very good at this game.

Im the guy running around in battleships having fun while you are screaming "lalala no thats impossible."
Paranoid Loyd
#36 - 2015-02-20 21:30:38 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

No, because he is kiting you outside of their range while using his drones to take you down. Roll

Fix the Prospect!

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#37 - 2015-02-20 21:31:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Market McSelling Alt
baltec1 wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

So on your Golem you now have 4x Torps... 2 or 3 Neuts, 2 or 3 Smartbombs a Bastion Mod and unlimited cap... oh and you think you can scram me even when you can't move and your webs are ever reaching...

Tell me again how many times you have PVP'd against or with a Golem.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#38 - 2015-02-20 21:35:10 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

So on your Golem you now have 4x Torps... 2 or 3 Neuts, 2 or 3 Smartbombs and unlimited cap... oh and you think you can scram me even when you can't move and your webs are ever reaching...

Golem has 3 utility slots so yea, you can fit 2 neuts and a smartbomb. Seems I have more experience with it than yourself.
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2015-02-20 21:36:01 UTC
Can I use smart bombs in highsex without invoking the wrath?
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#40 - 2015-02-20 21:38:41 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

So on your Golem you now have 4x Torps... 2 or 3 Neuts, 2 or 3 Smartbombs and unlimited cap... oh and you think you can scram me even when you can't move and your webs are ever reaching...

Golem has 3 utility slots so yea, you can fit 2 neuts and a smartbomb. Seems I have more experience with it than yourself.

How many smart bomb cycles do you get before your cap is dry... remember, sentinels won't deploy until your cap is drained.

Using your neuts only helps us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6xAK5c-MM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YspcM5iBRk

That first one was multiple Marauders vs 40