These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Marauders and Why?

First post
Author
Glenda en Welle
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-02-20 15:47:13 UTC
I've been looking into finishing up training for a Marauder but I haven't seen what they are used for... Any ideas like low sec level 5's or just faster level 4's?
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2015-02-20 15:53:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Glenda en Welle wrote:
I've been looking into finishing up training for a Marauder but I haven't seen what they are used for... Any ideas like low sec level 5's or just faster level 4's?


You'll want this thread moved to missions and complexes or Ships and modules.

Marauders are useful for lots of things. Faster lvl 4s yea. Fit right and with the right tactics you can do lvl 5s or wormholes or DED complexes like in this video.

There are even some pvp uses but I ain't got 'nuff balls to do that personally. Hats off to the guys who do.
2Sonas1Cup
#3 - 2015-02-20 16:01:03 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Glenda en Welle wrote:
I've been looking into finishing up training for a Marauder but I haven't seen what they are used for... Any ideas like low sec level 5's or just faster level 4's?


There are even some pvp uses but I ain't got 'nuff ISKS to that personally. Hats off to the guys who do.


ftfy
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#4 - 2015-02-20 17:12:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Desert Ice78
Because they are freakin awesome.

That is all.

Edit: Now if you do happen to have balls the size of water mellons....

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Ravasta Helugo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-02-20 17:17:53 UTC
They tank like a bank vault and are ECM immune.
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2015-02-20 17:52:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Bastion Arzi
To bring down a marauder in pvp the enemy will literally need a fleet that's tackle lots of dps and neuts and I know from experience that a vargur in bastion will tank small fleet on a single repper. Marauder rank 5 ofc. :)

Ty jenna
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2015-02-20 17:55:03 UTC
Golem is downright nasty to fight with a good pilot behind it.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#8 - 2015-02-20 18:11:22 UTC
Glenda en Welle wrote:
I've been looking into finishing up training for a Marauder but I haven't seen what they are used for... Any ideas like low sec level 5's or just faster level 4's?



They're great for marauding, and they're even better as loot piƱatas.
Desimus Maximus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-02-20 18:13:18 UTC
Glenda en Welle wrote:
I've been looking into finishing up training for a Marauder but I haven't seen what they are used for... Any ideas like low sec level 5's or just faster level 4's?



Faster lvl 4's? no. You can blitz through 4's in a pirate BS much faster and at greater range creating less risk and more ISK.

If you asked me, I'd luv to see Marauders used more in pvp but their cost is prohibitive.

My advice, skip the Marauder and go for pirate BS. More dmg, faster runs, less ISK, less risk.
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2015-02-20 18:29:50 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Golem is downright nasty to fight with a good pilot behind it.

With which missile system?
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-02-20 18:44:41 UTC
Don't be stupid with a Marauder unless you can afford to lose it or want to waste the subscription cost/monthly sub training that level 5 in PVP or PVE (was just a PVE boa, but with bastion mode and EWAR immunity sans capacitor drain it can now be used in PVP and the MJD bonus would let you reposition if disrupted as only scramblers shut it down - long range + 1 have no effect, the short range +2 shut it down). Its got some nice perks, faction/pirate BS work just as well for about half the cost and less training time without Marauder 5. Even regular BS work, can afford up to 5 normal hulls for the price of a marauder if your lucky on the market.
Vyl Vit
#12 - 2015-02-20 19:06:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyl Vit
Check out the Battleship Fights thread, then cross-reference those "experts" posting here with their expertise on battleship engagement altogether - as what is a marauder but a stoked battleship. You will find the expertise revolves around a very narrow conceptualization of very limited circumstances when declaring what exactly is possible. A lot of assumptions are made - the main one being their strings of assumptions should be assumed to be irrefutable fact. Given what they're accustomed to doing, what they've been told is true by those they take as uber, and what they know about something of which they have little first-hand knowledge - read from there.

Battleships as support vessels. Funny. Big smile

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-02-20 19:33:42 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
Check out the Battleship Fights thread, then cross-reference those "experts" posting here with their expertise on battleship engagement altogether - as what is a marauder but a stoked battleship. You will find the expertise revolves around a very narrow conceptualization of very limited circumstances when declaring what exactly is possible. A lot of assumptions are made - the main one being their strings of assumptions should be assumed to be irrefutable fact. Given what they're accustomed to doing, what they've been told is true by those they take as uber, and what they know about something of which they have little first-hand knowledge - read from there.

Battleships as support vessels. Funny. Big smile



Generally speaking, this. A lot of the claims made rely on you being willing to train out 3 months to a year of 5 skills to find out the claims are fabricated. The truth is though, a ship, any ship with a 4 skill is going to perform pretty much the same as it does with a 5 skill. The extra bonus will not change the fit or create a different ending in battle.

Marauder PvP for example.

"We had to bring 15 guys to blow one up".
No ewar meant we had to run away many times.

End of the session, we blew up a Marauder and took no losses, it just took longer.
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#14 - 2015-02-20 19:50:11 UTC
I personally love stupid marauder pilots.
Nothing more satisfying than giving a 2+ billion ship the death of a thousand cuts with an assault frigate.
That long kiss goodbye also gives you ample time to chat with the pilot, perhaps to negotiate an appropriate ransom to spare them the indignity of having that particular loss on their board.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2015-02-20 19:52:38 UTC
I would argue that any benefit u get from training 4 to 5 is effectively doubled by bastion
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2015-02-20 19:58:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Sisohiv
Bastion Arzi wrote:
I would argue that any benefit u get from training 4 to 5 is effectively doubled by bastion


I've wandered in to a few RvB gate fights, lots of wrecks. You guys enjoy what you do but I have never seen a Marauder in the mix. Ever. Shittons of drones though. You really like the drones.
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2015-02-20 20:00:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Bastion Arzi
It happens. It's isually me tho and sometimes it wasn't worth dropping a vargur on the smurfs but I don't want to just look at the ship in my hangar I want to engage fleets with it and win

Check my Kb if u want I have some vargur kills recently
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2015-02-20 20:04:17 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Golem is downright nasty to fight with a good pilot behind it.

With which missile system?


Torps.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#19 - 2015-02-20 20:22:14 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Bastion Arzi wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Golem is downright nasty to fight with a good pilot behind it.

With which missile system?


Torps.



Yeah cuz orbiting with a Frigate and AB is so hard...

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2015-02-20 20:24:33 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Bastion Arzi wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Golem is downright nasty to fight with a good pilot behind it.

With which missile system?


Torps.



Yeah cuz orbiting with a Frigate and AB is so hard...


Bastionnades.

Grrr.

123Next pageLast page