These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Cruiser killing

Author
SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#21 - 2015-02-21 08:45:05 UTC  |  Edited by: SkyFlyer
Marauders were designed for PvE , however due to the Introduction of Bastion Module I they have become more and more alive in PvP due to the sheer resistance of EWAR , such as Jams, TDs & Sensor Damps...

A lot of **** talk is in this Thread I gotta say regarding to the PvP side of Marauders, as a guy who Flies Marauders in PvP and makes Videos with them (can't link channel cause am at work) but if you look up Cruising Lands you will see....

But let me Explain:

Leyo - I give him props does a great job in his Golem killing a bunch of FW Scrubs, but any ****** can do that if they don't know how to kill a Golem (quiet simple believe me.)

But Personally having used all 4 Marauders for PvP I have come to a conclusion:

Vargur : The Best of them all you can fit it with an Active Tank ( Pith X Booster + 2x Cap Booster) or ASB ( x3 ) , you will always have atleast 1.1k DPS with tracking allowing you to even shoot Frigates at a decent range.
You also have the ability to shoot at Logi at 50-60km due to the sweet love of Barrage Blink

Golem: This thing can be a beast (see Leyos Vids) but is very tight on fitting requirements needing you to have near maximum Skills and even then you prolly need an implant or 2 if you want to fit Torps Neuts + an Active Tank.
Personally I have tried it and I just don't like how missiles aren't that great at the moment (cough cough CCP fix this ****.)

Kronos: Again an absolutely beast even with Mediocore Fitting Skills you will be able to fit this Baby with a Beautiful Dual Rep tank with Neutrons.
Again if you use Null you can hit out to roughly 30kms~~ (Thank you Bastion Fall off + Optimal !!)
Sadly unlike the ASBs Anc Reppers take Capacitor (most stupidest **** ever) but I would always recommend to fit 2x Reps of Faction/Deadspace.
The DPS in a Kronos can be quiet deadly as you don't need to fit a full Tank to have a monster on your hands :3

Paladin: I've only used it once , and i don't really feel comfortable commenting :<

Either way Guys, the Marauders are just fine (except needing a little fitting tweak on both the Golem & Paladin) and they do just fine in PvP even against Frigate (insert another F word here) , but you just got to pick your fights and make sure that the alliance you are shooting doesn't have a cyno handy ( been a victim of that plenty times! wahey! ) .

If you wanna discuss this further just email me or reply here as either Myself, or Blood ofGods are spec'd Marauder pilots and we love what we do :3
SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#22 - 2015-02-21 08:46:47 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Why you ever need a maradeur to pvp?? This ship designed for different job. Of course you could convert it into pvp role but how many of them you are ready to lose before you understand it's not the right choice.

Please look at my post and learn2play after looking at your kb i wont even say anything Shocked
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2015-02-21 11:59:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiddle Jr
Please look at my post and learn2play after looking at your kb i wont even say anything Shocked SkyFlyer

You made me laugh, and if you judge my eve career only by kb efficiency, i feel really sorry for you.

The guy asked what is the good way to kill cruisers and suggested golem as a possible tool. I feel very strongly that golem is fine to do that, but there are many others and same or more effective tools to do that prior you decide to jump into a golem.

And by the way all your posts are begins with or ends by the words that rest of the pilots should learn how to fly or play this game, looks like you have already won this game. Good for you sir.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#24 - 2015-02-21 12:16:51 UTC
Nah I barely ever say it except when one claims that a marauder isnt the right choice my kind friend :)

Also kb effiency doesn't matter take a look at mine after all : )
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#25 - 2015-02-22 09:39:10 UTC
Cephelange du'Krevviq wrote:
Bastion Arzi wrote:
I alreDy lost one vargur to rvb a defeat which highlighted the tracking issues with large turrets. I couldn't track anything orbiting close. Hence the missile marauder

Looking at that Vargur loss, I don't know that having missiles would have done you much good. If they're orbiting close, a Web is pretty much a necessity (which also helps with guns, obviously). If you were to go with RHMLs, you wouldn't have had the sustained DPS needed for that fight, from what I am looking at.

Abbadon with 8x large smartbombs and 4 plates muahahahahahaha

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Caleb Seremshur
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#26 - 2015-02-22 11:00:46 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
But I would have had dps at least. Hitting nothing and just waiting to die sucks. Also in that fight I forgot all my drones :s

Essentially this: having *a* web or even 2 in order to hit targets and then still missing just doesn't work.
Previous page12